TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I generally like this product because it's not misleading like the other drugstore hair products and it does what it says. It protects your hair from the negative effects of using heat tools and quite well, I might add. I use this everytime to prep my hair before blow drying and my hair is pretty shiny and healthy looking afterwards. The smell of it is also quite pleasant and not at all strong, like the musky CHI Iron guard, which I can't stand at all because who in the world wants to smell like a sweaty, old man? LOL I will recontinue to repurchase this product, in addition to a good frizz-control product because you do kinda need it in combination with this anyhow. Does anyone have any good, cheap recommendations? :)

on 6/26/2010 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Okay, this product does protect your hair from heat! Whenever i am blow-drying my hair or flat ironing it, i always use this and it makes me hair silky smooth! Lovee it! I just really wish that it also helped with frizz, because this might make my hair soft towards the middle and bottom, at the top it is just complete frizz. But i would deff buy again and i enjoyed it. It was cheap and does what it promises! You might have to apply alot like me because i have very thick hair, but other than that it smells delightful and i give it a thumbs up! :)

on 6/26/2010 12:38:00 PM

This made my hair feel much dryer than usual after I applied it, blew dry my hair and flat ironed it. It felt straw-like and my hair is normally silky after straightening. Needless to say, I returned this product.

on 6/25/2010 6:41:00 AM

best DS or otherwise heat protectant! i definitely like this heat protectant spray. it goes on easily, dries/absorbs quickly, leaves no residue and i DO feel like it protects my hair. Leaves my hair smelling nice too. I like the sprayer because it distributes the protectant easily and broadly across my hair. only prob is that its not that secure and GUARANTEED that the cap will twist and leak all the liquid all over your stuff if you travel with this. its happened to me every time i've brought it on a trip, so i learned my lesson. this stays home!

This product does exactly what it says. I have trouble guessing if conditioning and damage repair products have any protecting power. This bottle straight up says it's a protector, so I know it's doing it's job. I will say this leaves my hair a little bit filmy, but I haven't been able to escape that with any protectant. It's amazing for the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 6/22/2010 6:08:00 AM

Hands down, this is the best heat protectant spray I've ever used. I never really believed that heat protectants did anything to protect hair from heat damage. I just thought it was another product out there claiming to do something, but not really accomplishing anything. I blowdry my hair often, so it is important to baby it as much as possible. Several months ago I saw on many youtube videos, people saying how important it is to use heat protectants, so I thought I'd try it out for the sake of my own hair's health. I bought Got2b's heat protector spray and hated it. It left my hair stiff and gross. I honestly thought that product proved me right. Heat protectors are useless and weigh down your hair.Then I saw the Tresemme heat spray and bought it since it was pretty cheap & it is a good brand. All Ican say is that I absolutely LOVE it. It leaves my hair soooo sooo soft and bouncy. This stuff works. I use it in conjunction with 2 other products. Once Itowel dry my hair a little, I put a little hair serum on my ends, then spray this stuff all over, and then spray a little bit of citre shine's laminating shine spray, and blowdry. The end results are just amazing! I recommend this product to everyone. =)

on 6/18/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I only use this when I am blow drying my hair as I have other products to use while straightening/curling my hair, and I absolutely love this stuff! I really like the way that it smells, and I haven't noticed any heat damage to my hair while I've been using it. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging: when the bottle gets low, the spray nozzle doesn't work very well, so I end up wasting product, but that's not too bad because it's really inexpensive.

on 6/18/2010 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Love it! My hair has become so much healthier since I've started using this before straightening. If I know I'm going somewhere early one morning, I will use this and straighten the night before and then use it again and re-touch any bits that have gone curly in the morning, and there will NEVER be any gross, oily residue. I find that this product just leaves me with glossy, smooth, straight hair and its cheap and really easy to access. I love it!

on 6/18/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I LOVE this heat protectant. I have thick relaxed hair and its usually frizzy, puffy and i dull mess lol. THIS makes ot shiny, straight, no frizzies, and shiny! Not the bad shiny either. More like the healthy shine like SPARKLE! lol it smels pretty good and best of all, NO alcohol is in this it has freakin" BIOTIN, which is AWESOME!!! It makes my hair feel and look healthy and totally soft to touch :))) Would i recommend this? HELL YEAH I PICKED THIS INSTEAD OF CHI IRON GUARD( which has alochol, very drying) and it's sooo worth it cheap too!!!

on 6/10/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty good heat protection spray. It keeps my hair looking soft and healthy, it smells pretty good, I like the bottle...I just prefer my CHI Iron Guard, so I gave this to my younger brother who yes, flat irons his long "emo" hair lol

But I do think this is pretty comparable to the CHI Iron Guard and is readily available to anyone at the drugstore or walmart for a really good price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials