April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by krissi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I splurged on this 2 weeks ago while on vacation and attacked by a sales lady at the YSL counter at Nordstroms. She did the whole face thing - which is scary but I was out of town so I went for it. Needless to say, $200.00 later, I had several of the products she used and this was one of them. When she did it, it looked great. When I got it home - another story. It does brighten - makes you look awake when you aren't. The main gripe for me is it makes me look dry and crepey under the eye area where I need it most. I have dark circles due to deep set eyes and this brightens it up but makes me look older because it creases. If I just put it on the inside of my eye it works but not worth the price or trouble in my opinion. Still hunting for the miracle cream!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jrw46

I love this product. It does exactly what it says it will. It conceals and brightens the eye area. It also works really well as a blemish concealer if blended properly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by treyscrap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is a great quick fix to brighten the undereye area. it is NOT a concealer, and will not hide dark circles, but it does diffuse the light and makes them not so much of a big deal. this product literally makes me look more awake and some mornings, that's a godsend =) i got mine for cheaper on eBay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by etheralprey

i decided to ry this product bc of the whole salmon pink toned concealer craze right now. so this clicky pen has some pink undertones, the SA applied it to me rather quickly, i wasn't wearing any makeup that day so i made this product work for it. she drew all over my face and use a sponge to spread it all over, i was surprised that my skin looked pretty good. i tried it again at home and it works pretty well, it doesn't conceal everything, i mainly use it under my eyes, it does a decent job but doesn't cover everything, its pretty light in coverage but way too pricey! the SA also said that i had to wash the brush at least twice a week and to let it dry, other wise it end up getting funky. so fair it's pretty decent, though i wouldn't repurchase this cause its minium coverage and way too pricey!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2007 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I finally gave in and got one as I've just turned 35 and I noticed I "need" some help... I chose this over Dior's Skinflash as the YSL has a sheerer texture. I don't understand why so many reviewers lambast this product as a crap concealer, when it isn't a concealer at all. Touche Eclat is a highlighter/diffuser: a completely different kettle of fish. You are supposed to use it on top of concealer and on areas of the face where there are small creases or shadows. I use it on nose-mouth crease, the sides of the mouth and corners of the eyes, as well as a dab on top of under-eye concealer. Used this way, it works fine. Immediately after applying the result is great, but I think it wears off after a while. I do think this product is too expensive, but I'm going to try and make an effort to use it daily since it does make a difference and makes me look fresher. You can easily reapply because its sheer texture. I might buy again, but I'm not sure yet - might try the Dior product next. By the way, the instructions say the brush needs to be cleaned once a week or so with a cotton pad dipped in alcohol. If you don't do that it might indeed start to smell funny. So please, people, read the instructions and check what the product is for before giving it a bad (and ill-informed) review!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by goldendoll

i got this after a long time of wanting it... I heard all the fuss, and had to have it. So, I forked out the $35 bucks plus shipping ect..., and I have to say, I didn't send it back because I thought surely there is a trick to it... surely I am just using it wrong, and haven't unlocked the secret to it yet... not so. I don't even pick it up anymore. I haven't used it in a while, and I feel like I totally wasted my money on hype. Oh well, it seems to work for others. Just not the miracle product that it is made to seem. Like my dad always said... "Save your money..."

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by aesthetic

Touche Eclat did brighten up my under eye area a bit, but in my opinion, it's overrated. Way to pricey for what you're getting. I got this as a gift, but I don't think I'll repurchase. I don't even find myself reaching for it very often, and even when I do, there's barely any difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by prisma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought into the Touche Eclat craze, after I've used Dior's Skinflash for several years. The texture of Touche is lighter, it's definitly more sheer and more of a highlightener than an actual concealer. It's nice, but I want more coverage, so after I've used up my Touche, I'll go back to Skinflash. (Which even costs a bit less!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by wendy77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best under-eye brightener I have used. On my 5th one now, and I have given all my others away, as they were nothing compared to this. I don't expect it to conceal my terrible under-eye circles, as it is not truly a concealer, but for brightening/highlighting it does it's job excellently and makes me look so much fresher.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by rachelkaye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had to see what all the fuss was about. Still wondering. love this board.