Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 4/29/2008 11:55:00 PM

I received this as a gift. I didn't realize how revered the product was until I was in Europe and I met many people who "swear" by it. Honestly, it isn't THAT fantastic. I mean, it works.... But its no better than all of the other concealer pens I've used.

I have no idea why so many like this product cuz for me, it doesn't work at all!!! This is possibly one of THE WORST eye concealer/highlighter I've ever had. I know you're all thinking that it's probably cuz I didn't wear a good eyecream, well I do! In fact, I have some of the best eyecreams around; I've used La Prairie's Cellular eye contour, La Prairie's Cellular Revitalizing Gel, and Lancome's Absolue Eye creams in conjunction with YSL's Touche Eclat, and nope, nothing works. I KNOW for a fact that my eyes are NOT dehydrated because I use good eyecreams, and I do NOT have major wrinkles since I'm only 21, and I don't use so much that the product becomes clumpy/cakey, but this product SHOWS ALL LINES around the eye area because it is soooooo heavy and DRY. I trying to finish it up as fast as possible, so I use it whenever I can to get rid of it, but I can only use 1 click for both eyes otherwise the heavy product will show even more lines and cakeyness! Also, it gives you the WEIRDEST HALO AROUND YOUR EYES!!! maybe people like it for this to give them the "glow" that they seek, but I find it very odd on me (I use number 2 and I have porcelain pale skin... so I dunno how this product is even lighter than my own skintone! I dare not try number 1). Highly UNsatisfactory to me and will not repurchase.

I gave it 2 lippies because I admit it's not the worst worst worst product ever (even though it's close to it) and it has beautiful packaging!

on 4/4/2008 11:40:00 AM

Pro: Packaging is so pretty. This works to brighten up your face and eyes. It really works but you would still need to use a concealer. It lasts the entire day.
Con: Very pricey and I think it could be cheaper. The colors are a bit limited also.

on 4/3/2008 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

this is really good..not soo thick and easy to blend and it covers up my dark circles well..

on 3/27/2008 6:23:00 PM

I like this just alright. I tried it alone under my eyes and it was not enough coverage. I realize that it is a highlighter so I used it on top of a high coverage concealer and I like the fact that it brings further luminescence and prevents creasing under eye. I think that the pen pumps too much out at once and would a different type of packaging. I might buy it again, might not.

on 3/17/2008 10:01:00 PM

I have no idea why this has such a great reputation. I have dark circles and this did ZERO for them. It's of no use as a concealer and I don't think it's even good as a highlighter. Talk about overpriced! You can get the same product from Revlon or any number of drugstore concealer/highlighter pens.

on 3/17/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The difference this product makes on my eyes is like night and day. I have dark circles under my eyes and without this I look like death. But with a clickety-click of the pen, ten seconds later I look rested and bright-eyed. The texture is fabulous, very lightweight, blendable and doesn't crease. I dab some on the inner corners of the eyes as well for extra brightness. I use shade #2. I read other reviewers' comments below who didn't like the product and need to mention that Touche Eclat is not meant to be a concealer for blemishes or anything you need an opaque cover-up for. It is a highlighter and should be used to reflect light off dark areas such as the under the eyes and the sides of the nose and to bring attention to areas such as your cheekbones and brow bones.

on 3/12/2008 3:00:00 PM

by far the best corrector/highlighter I have ever used. it's easy to use and it works magically, it makes me look like I have slept a whole day. it doesn't set into fine lines which is very important.

on 3/4/2008 5:45:00 PM

I have to say I've been using this for years and panic if I think I'm running out. I have very very fair skin (a whiter shade of pale) and dark dark circles under my eyes and NOTHING works but this. It's not for brown spots or pimples, but for undereye circles I love it. I put a ton on, which ironically works better than using less and just tap it in with my ring finger.

I've tried them all and I keep coming back to this one.

on 2/23/2008 5:03:00 PM

I was so excited when I bought this product. But after used it for several times, I was no long impressed. I heard wonderful reviews of this product in magazines and I love YSL golden packaging as always (call me superficial if you want) but this thing, for $40 and 0.1oz. it comes out as a pencil dispenser style, the brush head is not easy or smooth to use, at least not so good compared to my bobbi brown or sephora brand brushes. I got the translucent one to match my fair skin, it matches ok but the coverage is medium, which means it doesn't cover black spots but covers some light brown spots. It doesn't break out my hypersensitive/dry skin. In fact, YSL color makeup line doesn't have bad effects on my sensitive skins, it's one of the very few makeup lines that I can use.(the other is prescriptive, and the rest including EL, clinique, chanel, lancome and etc...all burns my skin or cause horrible break out). It proves that the ingredients are quite gentle.

someone suggested to use it as a highlighter instead of concealer, I'd love to but the color isn't highlighting enough for my fair skin tone. it's a so-so product which I keep it in my makeup bag because I like the golden color, but for the price, it doesn't do the stuff I expect it to do. I guess I'd not repurchase and I'll just keep this one for the sake of it's beautiful gold color. continued >>

Popular Primer/ Correctors