September 21, 2014 | 1852 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Samaraeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is simply the best cleanser I've ever used. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by thelightshow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never could use a pea sized amount, it would never work out, so I just used a bit more. I'd then smush it up in my palm with water and wash my face. It did remove everything, was gentle, and the ground almonds were the right size to exfoliate without causing damage to the skin. My skin was soft and smooth after using. I am somewhat acne prone, but more clogged pores than zits or pimples, and this did neither to my skin. If it didn't have an expiration of four months, it would be my go to cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

AOBS is without a doubt my HG cleanser. I've been using it for years and never stray from it even though there are fancier cleansers on the market that tempt me when I walk into Sephora *except* when it comes to removing my makeup (on the rare occasions when I wear makeup), in which case I use Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser.

While AOBS is a bit strange to work with at first, you get used to it pretty quickly. I take a blob about the size of 2 peas in a cupped hand and gradually add water to it a tiny bit at a time, smashing it and stirring it as I go until it's a paste with some milky water surrounding it, then I apply it to my (wet) face, putting a glob on each cheek, my nose, my forehead and my chin. Then I gently rub it in circles for 30 seconds or so (more if my face is really dirty) and then rinse it off in the shower.

It makes my face incredibly soft and smooth, never breaks me out or irritates my sensitive skin, smells wonderful (to me, but I understand the herbal smells isn't everyone's cup of tea) and doesn't taste terrible if you accidentally get it in your mouth.

I've also found that it stores very well for extended periods of time. It doesn't seem to dry out as long as the container is kept closed and works just as well months after purchase as immediately after.

While I've given up on a lot of LUSH products as being overpriced (especially in light of their ever increasing prices) and not worth the cost (they make nice stuff, no doubt about that, but it's not all worth it to me), AOBS is worth every penny to me and I don't see myself ever moving on to another cleanser.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

I love this cleanser. I switch between this and Fresh Farmacy so my skin doesn't get too try. This cleanser has just enough exfoliation in it to make my face feel wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by ilyana

I have an oily t-zone and my skin is prone to acne on chin as well as the t-zone. I've used this for a week now and I'm amazed! Although it is somewhat like a scrub, it's pretty mild compared to let's say Queen Helene's Mint Julep Scrub and the horrible St Ives Apricot scrub which made my skin horrid. It's so gentle but really awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ArtistryByTiffany

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am still on the fence about this cleanser.
The first time I used it, my skin was sooooo soft afterwards! It's a bit awkward to use it the first time, but after a few uses, I learned how to use it well.
But at the time, I was out of toner and moisturizer, and this dried my face out pretty badly. My chin mostly was peeling pretty badly. I hope that after I get some moisturizer, my skin will be a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Valou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I talk briefly about AOBS in my silly YouTube product review video here:

AOBS is my favorite Lush cleanser. I know some people dislike using it every day because it is a scrub, I have no problems doing so. It leaves my skin so soft and blotch free. The price is right, the smell is gentle... I'm sad that it has such a short shelf life, but I'm happy that it's free of harsh preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Glitched

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using it now for over a month & love the results..I have to admit at first I didn't love it because of the application..but once I used it more I noticed the difference on my skin.....if you have drier or sensitive skin its def the way to go....love the non-squeaky clean feeling it leaves!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I am a new fan of Lush products, and I have to say that I am obsessed! I love this cleanser for many reasons. 1. It smells amazing! The fragrance is calming, like others other mentioned. It really wakes me up in the morning. 2. My skin has cleared up tremendously. I usually have little zits on my chin or forehead. They are all GONE!! 3. It gives my skin a healthy glow. My skin looks fresh and alive after cleansing. 4. It is organic and completely natural. And like the previous reviewer said, I think this product is meant to be used watery. When it is in a paste form, little bits fall right off my face. I'd definitely buy this again. Don't steer away because of the price--it is 100% well worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

O_o To be honest this product sort of grew on me! At frist i like it then i went off then i decided to use it again. The packaging is terrible though at our lush we get it wrapped in thin bit of paper which looks and feels greasey to hold. However it took me a while to get the hang of using this product because at first it seemed a little harsh but if you use a pea sized amount and rub it in you hand with warm (not hot) water it slowly goes into a waterish form then i placed that on my face and the product actuely help clear up my skin, so despite all the bad review people aren't actuley using it right and it's not ment be a paste and your certainly not ment to scrub with this product. The smell can be calming and wake you up in the morning however some find it over powering. This is a marmite product you either LOVE it or HATE it!
I can tell you one thing the packaging in my area for this products sucks! I'm all for enviormental friendly packaging but wrapping it up in paper? Thats just taking the mick lol!