April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lily_remains

Classic sophisticated scent. Scent is subjective, so it's hard to review. Long-lasting. Definitely not a girlish or sweet fragrance. Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn for reasons unknown to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by misslouisiana887

I am not quite sure what the big fuss is over Chanel No. 5. Like many other reviewers, I hate old-lady fragrances. This reeks of circa 1927. I totally adore Coco Mademoiselle or Chance over this "classic" fragrance. Save your money and buy another scent from the Chanel line, or better yet- from a different line.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by rosehillcottage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate old lady scents. And this is one of them, BUT... I must say that this fragrance smells lovely on my friend. I think people either love Chanel No. 5 or hate it. I don't like it on me at all, it smells too much like powder. And I hate the smell of powder. I'll stick with my Creed fragrances which I absolutely love!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by beck5909

Got this as a sample from sephora...yuck! IMO, it was just so overpowering...maybe this is more of a generational scent?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BettyGrable

This is truly one of the best fragrances of all time. I am a vintage-obessed girl who adores anything from the classic eras of the 1920's through the 1950's. I adore the classic bottle, and of course all the history that goes behind the fragrance. I feel just like Marilyn Monroe whenever I wear it. : )
I used to wear Love's Baby Soft perfume in middle school, and now I feel i'm wearing a much more grown-up version of the classic baby powder sent! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my winter scent and I love it. It drives my man wild. I adore Chanel products. I wish I had the money to soak in a vat of the Chanel #5 lotion.

An old French product that never goes out of style. Beautiful, classic and oh la la...
Coco Chanel was truly an artist.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by perrycarlisle17

Five things you should know about Chanel No5:
1) personally, i believe this scent is best suited for the wintertime. it is a rather heavy, elegant perfume and should be worn with heavy, elegant clothing (coats, furs, sweaters, scarves,etc). springtime, i think you should use a perfume that's lighter/more flowery
2) personally, i believe this is a nighttime perfume.
3) for all those who complain that the perfume is "too heavy" and that it gives them a headache, i think you might be using too much. this is a very strong perfume. a little will go a long way.
4) this is a city girl's perfume. that is, i can't imagine someone in miami in a bikini wearing this scent.
5) classic. when i was a little girl, i was a sorta tomboy who thought fashion was the lamest thing ever. i never took showers, wore my dad's baggy tshirt, and my jeans had holes in the butt. yeah, i was a disaster. but even back then, whenever i'd hug my mom, i'd smell her chanel no5 and think to myself, "this is what it must smell like to be a woman." this perfume is so elegant and conjures images of a powerful, confident woman. but more importantly, this perfume has got so much history. personal and cultural history. ah...brings back so many great memories

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sbl679

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic scent. As a total perfume junkie, I have tons of stuff, but this is one I always come back to. My grandmother, my mom and I all wore it on our wedding day(s), so it holds many memories. Can be too strong if one uses too much, but it's still great. A bottle will last me a very long time. A gal should try this at least once in her life, regardless of preconcieved notions. It's such a classy and classic scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by 64colors

Va-va-va-voom! I gravitate towards smoky, exotic, gourmand type scents, so it was such a surprise to be absolutely DELIGHTED upon sniffing this for the first time. This bombshell-esque floral is nothing short of mythic, an icon in its own right. With this scent I am reminded of Paris in the springtime, Champagne, pink roses, diamonds, and being in love, being young, and being beautiful. Not bad for an old gal in her eighties, huh?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was first given a bottle of Chanel No5 by my best friend when I turned 11 and I had no idea of the history, or the value, of it at that time. I have worn it ever since. This just works with my body chemistry and the scent is very powdery but also clean, almost a bit lemony (perhaps this is because I pair it with the body lotion). I happen to be a fan of "old fashioned" or "old lady" scents - I actually find some of them sexy, or can be made so, on the right woman. I will go for periods of time and wear other perfumes, but when I come back to this, it reminds me of my old self...in a good way.