Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 10/10/2008 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, there is just something odd about this soap that irritates my 'most sensitive parts' - if you know what I mean. It's okay for the rest of my skin, although it needs a lot of rinsing, but when it comes to my 'personal parts' it burns like crazy while I am using it. I wind up rinsing and rinsing and telling myself "why did I do that again?", so I know it's not a one shot deal. This even happens with the sensitive skin formula, so there must be an ingredient Dove uses that just doesn't agree with me, because I use Safeguard, a so-called 'harsher' antibacterial soap down there and have not had the same reaction. Dove stays on the store shelves for me.

on 10/9/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This soap is great. I don't know why people would use it to clean their face though, there are face products for that. I haven't ever had any problems with it.

Gorgeous Soap. The Smell is Fantastic!!!!!!!!! Dove is the very best from there Bars to there Body Washes. I Love Dove soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best Bar out there. Not Drying..simply perfect!!!!! and will continue using it!!!!!! :) I LOVE YOU DOVE!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 10/7/2008 1:57:00 AM

I love Dove soap because it's not drying at all, and the pink soap bars are the best color after the white ones.

I would definitly buy this product again.

on 10/5/2008 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Don't like the filmy feeling after using this. I have to rinse and scrub a lot to feel clean. But it does get me clean. Washes off oils and body odor, which I had a problem with with ivory. Have yet to see if it makes the breakouts on my body worse or not.

Edit: It seems the only way to get any moisturizing power out of this is if you leave the film on your skin. Otherwise, it is fairly drying. My toes feel silky when I wiggle them. But the rest of my body will still need moisturizers since I'm afraid of leaving the film on my acne prone skin. On the positive side, the soap cleans me thoroughly enough to prevent most breakouts and doesn't seem to be causing any either.

on 9/29/2008 2:19:00 PM

This is the only bar soap I buy on a regular basis for my body. It is mild and not drying. I can even use this on my face if I run out of face wash! Works great.

on 9/26/2008 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I came across this about a year ago through my bestfriend. I was suffering from extremely bad back,chest, and shoulder acne. I was trying all the body washes for body acne and pads containg salicylic acid. Nothing was working! It just kept getting worse and started getting red and flaky. I was so embarrassed. Her birthday is in august and we were going out and we were looking for cute summer dresses. When she saw she said how she use to have the same thing and her older sister. She said to use dove soap and how it helps with that and how she doesnt have it anymore. So I gave it a try. First thing, the smell is soooo unbelievably beautiful. Its soft and calming and so clean smelling. I love it. Does not leave any sort of residue or sticky feeling like some soaps can do. Leaves you smelling beautiful, clean and super soft. Non irriating. Helped with my body acne sooo much. I thought it might help with my face skin. It was too irriating on my face. On my body its great!! My brother now loves this too. Great product. Love this so much!

on 9/18/2008 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've swithched totally to Dove bar soaps for a year now (although every now and then I use a bar of Olay since a few of them are still lurking in my cabinet).
Dove soaps have work wonders to our winter dry skin: my husband's skin was so dry and itchy last winter that he had to use creams, then I suggested Dove and within a couple of weeks his skin was balanced and normal again.
I use it on my body and face, although I actually use Neutrogena cleanser before applying the soap. Overall, Dove bar soaps give my skin moisture and softness and I love the smell...I think I'll keep buying forever :)

on 8/28/2008 7:40:00 PM

I LOVE this soap! Every other soap I've used leaves a waxy film on my skin but dove rinses away clean, leaving my skin soft and smooth. I love bath creams and shower gels too but when it comes to soap dove cannot be beat. I don't use it on my face though, I only use face wash and cream cleansers.

on 8/20/2008 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I changed my mind about this bar on my face. I don think I like it much anymore. I've noticed that whenever I use this for a long period of time, I start to get clogged pores and whiteheads. I also notice my skin becoming a pool filled with oil, even if my skin is dry. It took me a while to put 2 and 2 together but glad I did.
I will continue to use this on my body though as it leaves my skin super soft.