April 18, 2014 | 1907 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Naturally Glossy Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 2:52:00 PM More reviews by peaudane

This was my mascara for years untill I started looking for a more "dramatic" mascara. I tried many MUA faves, some irritated my eyes, others made my lashes fall out, others flaked all over the place, others made my lashes look spidery, etc...
So I came back to my old staple. However, in the mean time I learned a few tricks. Wiggle the brush at the base of the lashes for a fuller look, apply several coats to the same eye before it gets a chance to dry so it won't clump, then close your lashes over the mascara to achieve a nice curl. Well, these tricks give me a pretty dramatic look when done with this mascara, and with that wonderful glossy black color I've found in no other mascara. I also have the jet brown for natural days as black looks too harsh on me when I'm not wearing liner.
I love the sleek metal packaging though in the past I've seen some of them tarnish which ends up looking pretty ugly.
So, I don't think I will need to stray again, except, of course when I need a waterproof formula.
Clinique, please reformulate your waterproof formula. It's terrible!
And please, don't ever discontinue Naturally Glossy. It's your best mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 8:02:00 AM More reviews by hapaturkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

incredible natural , i have super long and curly lashes , when i have this on it makes me look like a caberet girl ;) extremely non clumpy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2004 8:03:00 PM More reviews by victoriamegatron

I like a natural feeling mascara.This is it.It is natural.My lashes feel soft and not rigid and stiff.This formula doesn't clump, flake, or run.And it washes off easily with an eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fantastic for a natural yet glossy lashes. Doesn't flake or smear and rinses clean away with water. Good stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 6:55:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the concept of a glossy looking mascara...it sounds so pretty and natural. This does give a glossy look but my lashes are so short they need more by the way of thickening and lengthing. Its a nice mascara, probably fabulous on someone with long lashes. If Clinique came out with a Dramatically Glossy Mascara I'd be all over that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2004 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Nata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara during last 5-6 years. It's never clumpy, doesn't smudge, and looks natural. My lashes are not very short, but they are light, all I deed is to darken them a bit, and I don't like when you can see lots of mascara. Highly recommend this one for everyday: it will give your eyes definition without making you looking made-up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Jocelyn88

I will start off by stating that Clinique mascara & my lashes go together like PB&J, so this mascara is no exception to that.
It is a GREAT daytime mascara. I have so-so lashes. They are not nonexistent, but they are not naturally full & luscious either. This mascara gives me some length while giving my lashes some definition. (they are dark blonde/light brown colored).

Overall, like all Clinique mascaras, I highly recommend trying.

EDIT: I have since moved on to liking Maybelline Full & Soft mascara - much better and a few dollars cheaper...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2004 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Ashley8790

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If your going for a totally natural look then this is for you. It did nothing for me exapet darken my eyelashes. The only time i use this is if im in a rush or if im going for a really natural look. Also the brush doenst work that well because it gtes none of the product on it. Dont waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2004 10:22:00 PM More reviews by gromitndl

I've tried other mascaras, but I always come back to this. It's the only one that goes on smooth, natural, and completely clump-free. It lengthens my lashes, but it doesn't thicken them. Good for every day, but you might want to use it as a base and then layer another mascara on for a more dramatic effect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2004 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mulove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara does nothing for me. I have straight lashes, which I curl well using eyelash curler. Normally, it stays curled when I put mascara on, but with this one it goes straight within mins. It gives no volume at all, so it does not clump. Only thing this mascara does is make your lashes glossy just like its name. In my opinion, for this mascara to do its job, you have to have full & beautiful lashes to begin with. Otherwise it will do nothing for you except make your lashes glossy, which will eccentuate them. I don't have full & beautiful lashes, so this mascara is no match for me.