September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I've been struggling with finding a staple moisturizer for a number of years - I've been through tons including Clinques ever popular Dramatically Different Lotion - and gels which I'll admit are satisfactory in the summertime did absolutely nothing for me in the fall and winter months. I was getting really frustrated with my search because I didnt want to have to spend 60 bucks on moisturizer which came in a small tiny bottle which was gone in weeks and I still had dry flaky skin. I had heard of this many times but never seriously considered it until I got a sample of it. I tried it and was instantly amazed - it was thicker yes but if you only use as much as you need it soaks in very smoothly and instantly and is a great base for makeup still. I am surprised that some people feel this causes breakouts - I do have skin that can be triggered by some products but this is specially formulated not to do so and I have not noticed any difference in my skin since using it other than being much smoother and absolutely no more flaking! I think this is one of my best finds because for under 10 bucks you get this huge gigantic bottle of moisturizer that will last such a long time and works 10 times better than the higher end ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love using this on my body because it is doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, is fragrance free and absorbs quickly without stickiness.

Its more of a richer cream/lotion. I find my legs feel moist and smooth for far longer than other lotions, lasting over night. I wake with calm and moist skin without the dry itching other creams can give me. I find it far better than Aveno, which I find sticky, watery and smells funny.

I haven't tried it on my face as I don't want to risk getting the breakouts some people have mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by prillita

This is my all-time favorite moisturizer . . . unscented, just enough moisture, it's perfect in my opinion! I go back and forth between using this and the moisturizing cream that comes in the jar, and I think I have settled on the pump bottle, just because I can't stand using lotions that come in jars / tubs . . . mine always ended up dirty and got bits of fuzz and hair in it which really grossed me out. The pump bottle is so much more hygenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:18:00 AM More reviews by psycokittykat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me and my mom use this lotion all over our face and body. It moisturizes perfectly, doesn't cause break outs, and most importantly it doest irritate my sensitive skin. It leaves my skin super soft!!! i love this product. I apply it every morning and every night after my cleansing, toning, and Bp application. Moisturizing enough for winter and light enough for summer. I use it year round.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin that's nonetheless quite dry in winter, so my usual oil-free moisturizers just aren't enough in this climate. I like Cetaphil lotion because it is unscented and can be used on both face and body. As far as facial moisturizers go, it's ultra-basic (though it does contain macadamia oil!) and feels kind of greasy when first applied. However, five minutes later, there is no residue at all and my skin feels calm and refreshed. I can't see using this on my face in the summer, but for right now, it doesn't break me out (particularly since I use medicated acne cleansers beforehand) and does what I need it to do quite well. And it's also a great vehicle for perfume oils-- make instant scented lotion in the palm of your hand!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jekins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My doctor recommended this and I quite like it. I suffer from acne and it doesn't make me breakout. My only criticism is that it can be a bit heavy. Sometimes I mix it with Aveeno Ultra-calming daily moisturizer to lighten it up a little.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG!!! In my opinion, no beauty pantry should be without Cetaphil moisturizer. It's a basic, all around good moisturizer that can be used all over the body, even around the eyes. It's a great base for you to make your own creams to cater to your skin's specific needs. For an eye cream, add shea butter and vitamin E. For a soothing night cream for acne-prone, dehydrated and irritated skin, combine Dermalogica's Skin Hydrating Booster, Cetaphil, and a small amount of honey. Mix together and apply to the face. The cream will have a gel-like texture and really soothes and moisturizes the skin. You can even put this cream around the eyes. For daytime, mix Cetaphil with a few drops of the Hydrating Booster, omit the honey if you want. For dry non acne-prone skin, you can add a fingernail scrape amount of shea butter or your favorite oil. When I'm having active breakouts, I add a small drop of tea tree oil and pure aloe vera to my honey Cetaphil night cream. Works great. It's luxurious yet inexpensive and tailor made for my skin.

Not many moisturizers are this flexible and inexpensive, so have fun mixing and creating. You'll have plenty of lotion to experiment with ;)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cejl

I bought this based on the reviews here and because the price was right (about 7 bucks at the pharmacy in Canada). I needed some extra moisture because of the frigid climate in Montreal combined with retinol (skinceuticals 1% retinol cream)... my normally oily/combo skin was flaky, dry and red. I used this stuff for 3 days and my skin was totally hydrated, protected from the elements, and glowing.. however after the 4 th day, I had a few very minor pimples on my jaw line. So, my verdict is that it *is* comodegenic (contains cetearyl alcohol + ceteareth­ 20), but it works quite well if your skin is really dried out. So, I will use this only when I have very dry, red patches from winter weather and as I adjust to my 1% retinol. As well, it is fine as a simple eye cream and it also works wonderfully on the rest of my body and my hands. Scentless and gentle.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

This big bottle is going to last forever, and I only use this from time to time. I'm really looking for a good moisturizer. I use this when necessary, but not otherwise. I might use more after my Mario Badescu sample runs out because I don't think I can afford MB's right now. I just don't love it. It's a little thick, a little greasy... I wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by christinaquattrone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. Cheap, leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft, and you get a lot. "Bang for your buck" as they say. :P

I only need a little bit, and I have the pump which gives me FAR too much, even with one pump of the top. Even too much to cover my face AND neck without feeling or looking greasy, lol. So you really do only need a bit. That'd be my only complaint, but that's it. :)