Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

This is my HG facial moisturizer and eye makeup remover. I was actually shocked to find out that it is intended as a body lotion because it has worked wonderfully for my face and has not caused any breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product for years. I only use it at night after I wash my face because it does not have a sunscreen. I have very sensitive, break out prone skin. The more products I try to use on my face the worse it gets so I use a pretty basic skincare routine. This after my Dove soap and my skin is beautiful. It has definetly been a HG for me over the years. I also use it on my body from time to time.

I had originally tried this when I was doing Dan Kern's regimen (from acne.org). I did not like it in the past because I felt like it left my skin feeling tacky, as if it never fully absorbed.

I recently went back to it though, because I ran out of my other stuff. I remembered this did not aggravate my acne-prone skin. This time around, though, I am mixing this lotion with some pure aloe vera gel. I mix about 50/50, but adjust depending on how dry my skin is. The aloe vera helps the lotion absorb faster, makes it feel lighter and gives more of a matte finish, while still giving enough moisture.

It is also a great deal for the amount of product you get for the price. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

actually i use the long's drugs knockoff version of this. but they have the same ingredients anyway.

i've used this for my face for years with awesome results. just right moisturizing power, not greasy or dry. i have great skin and get complements on it. i can say for sure this is my hg face moisturizer. no need for $$$ face care for me!

This is the best moisturizer I've used for my face! After I clean my face I use this. It doesn't make me breakout at all as I do have combination skin. I don't put it on my eyes though I use a seperate moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this after being unwilling to pay the price for Clinique's moisturizer, and I have to say I'm very impressed. I haven't used the Cetaphil brand since I was a teenager and the dermatologist insisted upon it, but I'm glad I gave it a try again.

I do find this to be a bit greasy, but it soaks in sufficiently after ~5 minutes, especially if you don't over do it. It's been great for my acne-prone skin, which is a bit dried out thanks to the climate and benzyl peroxide. I haven't had any noticeable breakouts (I'm not sensitive to glycerin that I know of).

It does annoy me slightly that so much comes out with a single pump (which is way more than you need for the face) but then it encourages me to use the leftover on my neck and decolletage, which usually get ignored.

Overall, great value for the $!

Update: We had out first incredibly humid day since I've been wearing this product, and my face & neck feel GROSS. Far too greasy for warm weather.

This is the only product that moisturizes my acne-prone skin.I use it in my face. I know this is a body lotion but I read acne books and the author which is a dermatologist, recommend this product for moisturizing the face, that's why I tried it, and Im glad I did. I tried oil of olay cream and neutrogena and it still leaves my skin flaky. But with this product it removes the flakes on my skin, it moisturizes well without the greasy feeling and its very lightweight. Plus its dirt cheap too, one 8 oz bottle can last for months. Also I can use it as a base for my foundation. Goodbye dry and flaky skin.

i think i wrote a review on this earlier so this is an update...
this is the only moisturizer that does not break me out. it is a bit greasy and heavy in consistency but i only use a little and it does the trick!
i use benzoyl peroxide and exfoliants as well so this is really a life saver.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This lotion is a great base for any custom product. I make my own sunscreen by combining 1 oz this lotion with micronized zinc oxide, yellow/red iron oxide (tint to my skin color) and it's a fabulous 100% physical sunscreen that's not greasy, dries matte, won't clog pores, and moisturizes. Depending upon the amount of zo, I can increase or decrease the spf according to my activity or body part. Using this tinted, I don't need a foundation or powder. If you are oily, like me, you can blot throughout the day, but the zo stays put. BTW: if you haven't used zo, you'll be amazed at its coverage on spots, and it's great for the skin. I add some jojoba oil, and use it around my eyes for sting-free sun protection. This is a great base product or a simple moisturizer for someone who doesn't have really dry skin.

This lotion is easy to spread, and moisturises well. But it takes forever to absorb, and has a bad smell .It is also pretty pricey. 17ish SGD for 200ml. I'd stick to the Cetaphil moisturising cream.