Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

this is the best lotion! i am in my early 40's my face sensitive to perfumy face lotions, i have tried many stuffs out there from low end stuffs to high end stuffs they all contains some perfume in it. this is the answer to my face - cetaphil. i have normal combo skin type but sensitive!

highly recommended!

on 4/3/2008 9:54:00 PM

This product is perfect for me! I first bought a small bottle a few months ago, when the winter dry skin hit. At first it was horrible, made my skin feel and look quite gross, as well as causing some mild breakouts. I stuck with it though, and after a week my skin was the best it's ever looked and felt.
It can feel greasy if you put too much on, so all you need is a very small dab. I love that it has little to no scent, it's just a plain old lotion. Its cheaper than most of the other facial moisturizers I've tried, and a 220mL bottle will last months. Bonus: you can use it everywhere else on your body! I've also used it with overnight moisture gloves. So even if it doesn't work on your face you won't have wasted your money.

on 3/30/2008 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

update: This requires constant reapplication, because my dry skin will only stay moisturized for a couple hours. It works well on the face because it isn't too heavy and won't clog pores. Perhaps better suited to warmer weather use.

Good lotion for dry and sensitive skin. Worked when Eucerin, Neutrogena, Johnson & Johnson, Pond's, Olay, Dove, Vaseline, Aveeno, and other lotions didn't for my eczema.

on 3/29/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because people on Purse Forum have been raving about it. So here I have dry sensitive skin pretty good complexion, my main concern is dryness which makes my skin have faint red blotches. It has been 2 weeks since I first used Cetaphil. Despite the low price, it has been nothing but a waste of money. It doesn't absorb properly, after an hour my skin feels greasy although I use sparingly. I haven't broken out in decades, this stuff aggravated my skin, caused a pimply breakout, and large itchy red raised bumps like mosquito bites. Now I have to find a pimple cream to treat my face, I can't even remember what works it's been ages since my last pimply breakout! I'm going back to my old faithful Dear John moisturizer by BeneFit, that one calms redness in seconds!

on 3/25/2008 6:32:00 PM

This moisturizer is perfect for daytime use. I really liked the Cetaphil cream, but it was a tad heavy for daytime (it will now be my nighttime cream, or I will use it on stubborn dry patches). I have a really oily T-zone and this stuff rocks! I can apply it to my whole face withouth a problem. It doesn't leave me shinny or greasy feeling (which I was a little nervous about after reading the reviews, but seriously don't know what people are talking about). My skin already feels softer. I am so excited about this product, especially since it is much more affordable than other products I have bought in the past (and much better). Will definitely repurchase. This is my new HG staple!!

UPDATE: 4/14/08~ My face now has so many clogged pores and acne... what is going on? The only thing I have changed is using Cetaphil products. I don't know if it's just the lotion, but I think it may be one of the culprits. I never get whiteheads (the acne I get is little bumps under the skin) and my face has errupted. I am embarrassed to leave the house without all my makeup on. I tried this because the other moisturizer I loved is more expensive, but lession learned. I would still use this as a body moisturizer, but not on my face. Once it's used up I will not repurchase since I like the Ultra Hydrating one for my body better.

on 3/24/2008 8:57:00 PM

This is okay... I don't like the greasy feel of it on my face. If I ran out of my "usual" than I would use this. I do have some onhand...

on 3/24/2008 4:58:00 PM

I don't like this for my face because it makes me too shiney/greasy. However, I like it for my body. It absorbs nicely and leaves my skin moisturized and soft.

I love, love, love, Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion! My mom got me started using it 10 years ago, and it is still my favorite moisturizer. I have problems with eczema year-round and dry skin in the winter, and this lotion managed to moisturize my skin beautifully without aggravating it or causing breakouts. A little goes a long way, so it is also a great value since a large pump bottle will (almost) literally last you forever! My mom's skin was even more sensitive than mine and she had nothing but raves about it too. A truly indispensible beauty aid!

on 3/17/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am atm 99% sure this is wreaking havoc on my skin! My skin is so irritated its not even funny. My face has erupted into redness and it is all bumpy but the bumps are under the surface of my skin, I have red blotchy patches, my skin is itchy like a mofo (I have scabs on my face from scratching, I seriously cant help myself!)! Thought this would be somewhat okay as I have sensitive combo skin, but my skin has been up to no good since using this. A shame since it is so cheap $7/ 250mls. The feeling is somewhat cheap kind of feels like I'm rubbing Vaseline lotion on my face or something. I guess I will try using this as a body moisturizer since I can't find the receipt to return this. Will make sure to update if I realize it is something else, but through the process of elimination I'm pretty sure its this stuff though. And the quest for a decent facial moisturizer continues. UPDATE: I went back to basics with my regime and stopped using this. I used this a few times last week and clogged my pores and I began to see the same problems forming again. This stuff will never go near my face again!

on 3/16/2008 3:52:00 PM

Very basic and didn't cause any irritation or breakouts. I have a very sensitive acne prone skin and pea size is good enough to moisturize my entire face, I do spray LRP thermal spray after applying this otherwise it can get very greasy. Hence 4 lippies. I feel odd applying my body lotion to face but it works just fine, cheapie and lasts like forever. =)