Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 3/25/2008 6:32:00 PM

This moisturizer is perfect for daytime use. I really liked the Cetaphil cream, but it was a tad heavy for daytime (it will now be my nighttime cream, or I will use it on stubborn dry patches). I have a really oily T-zone and this stuff rocks! I can apply it to my whole face withouth a problem. It doesn't leave me shinny or greasy feeling (which I was a little nervous about after reading the reviews, but seriously don't know what people are talking about). My skin already feels softer. I am so excited about this product, especially since it is much more affordable than other products I have bought in the past (and much better). Will definitely repurchase. This is my new HG staple!!

UPDATE: 4/14/08~ My face now has so many clogged pores and acne... what is going on? The only thing I have changed is using Cetaphil products. I don't know if it's just the lotion, but I think it may be one of the culprits. I never get whiteheads (the acne I get is little bumps under the skin) and my face has errupted. I am embarrassed to leave the house without all my makeup on. I tried this because the other moisturizer I loved is more expensive, but lession learned. I would still use this as a body moisturizer, but not on my face. Once it's used up I will not repurchase since I like the Ultra Hydrating one for my body better.

on 3/24/2008 8:57:00 PM

This is okay... I don't like the greasy feel of it on my face. If I ran out of my "usual" than I would use this. I do have some onhand...

on 3/24/2008 4:58:00 PM

I don't like this for my face because it makes me too shiney/greasy. However, I like it for my body. It absorbs nicely and leaves my skin moisturized and soft.

I love, love, love, Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion! My mom got me started using it 10 years ago, and it is still my favorite moisturizer. I have problems with eczema year-round and dry skin in the winter, and this lotion managed to moisturize my skin beautifully without aggravating it or causing breakouts. A little goes a long way, so it is also a great value since a large pump bottle will (almost) literally last you forever! My mom's skin was even more sensitive than mine and she had nothing but raves about it too. A truly indispensible beauty aid!

on 3/17/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am atm 99% sure this is wreaking havoc on my skin! My skin is so irritated its not even funny. My face has erupted into redness and it is all bumpy but the bumps are under the surface of my skin, I have red blotchy patches, my skin is itchy like a mofo (I have scabs on my face from scratching, I seriously cant help myself!)! Thought this would be somewhat okay as I have sensitive combo skin, but my skin has been up to no good since using this. A shame since it is so cheap $7/ 250mls. The feeling is somewhat cheap kind of feels like I'm rubbing Vaseline lotion on my face or something. I guess I will try using this as a body moisturizer since I can't find the receipt to return this. Will make sure to update if I realize it is something else, but through the process of elimination I'm pretty sure its this stuff though. And the quest for a decent facial moisturizer continues. UPDATE: I went back to basics with my regime and stopped using this. I used this a few times last week and clogged my pores and I began to see the same problems forming again. This stuff will never go near my face again!

on 3/16/2008 3:52:00 PM

Very basic and didn't cause any irritation or breakouts. I have a very sensitive acne prone skin and pea size is good enough to moisturize my entire face, I do spray LRP thermal spray after applying this otherwise it can get very greasy. Hence 4 lippies. I feel odd applying my body lotion to face but it works just fine, cheapie and lasts like forever. =)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. I have been using it for 8+ years. Everyone in my family uses this now also. What I love about it is it doesn't clog up your pores, you can use it even if you have acne, and it's a great moisturizer when your face is flipping out from acne treatments. I put this moisturizer on daily under my sunscreen and makeup and it doesn't make me overly oil or cause piling. It is safe enough to put around the delicate eye area, I almost think I could ingest it. Both my brothers use this in addition to their acne treatments. One brother used this when his face was drying out from Acutaine. It definitely helped. Also, the large pump bottle lasts forever! I have had mine for years. I decant it into little bottles to take with me when I travel. Lastly, it is scent-free.

on 3/8/2008 10:45:00 AM

I really wanted to like this moisturizer because of the low price and pump container. My sister uses it and loves it. It was just too heavy for my skin. After washing I applied and it never really absorbed. I felt that I was careful not to apply to much. It just sat on the surface feeling sticky and greasy. About an hour later I actually had to re-wash to remove and apply a different lotion.

on 3/8/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After trying many high end to low end moisturisers, I thought I may as well give this a go. I have acne-prone skin and use Retin-A every night, and Cetaphil Lotion works well with my skin. It can feel a little greasy when it's first put on, but I find after half a minute it's absorbed. It hasn't aggravated any acne at all and is also good to use in place of a primer before putting on foundation. The product is very cheap too, especially for the amount you get in the bottle though I'm still deciding if I'd want to re-purchase or try something else.

on 3/7/2008 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a good many bottles of this along with its cleanser. I prefer the pump bottle as it allows easier dispensing when I use it.
I love how it does not irritate my oily acne-prone skin and provides adequate moisture to my dry spots without leaving my face shinny.
I can find no wrong with Cetaphil. Their barrier cream is also fantastic and it is the only hand cream I use.