Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 5/19/2008 10:44:00 PM

i think i wrote a review on this earlier so this is an update...
this is the only moisturizer that does not break me out. it is a bit greasy and heavy in consistency but i only use a little and it does the trick!
i use benzoyl peroxide and exfoliants as well so this is really a life saver.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This lotion is a great base for any custom product. I make my own sunscreen by combining 1 oz this lotion with micronized zinc oxide, yellow/red iron oxide (tint to my skin color) and it's a fabulous 100% physical sunscreen that's not greasy, dries matte, won't clog pores, and moisturizes. Depending upon the amount of zo, I can increase or decrease the spf according to my activity or body part. Using this tinted, I don't need a foundation or powder. If you are oily, like me, you can blot throughout the day, but the zo stays put. BTW: if you haven't used zo, you'll be amazed at its coverage on spots, and it's great for the skin. I add some jojoba oil, and use it around my eyes for sting-free sun protection. This is a great base product or a simple moisturizer for someone who doesn't have really dry skin.

on 5/6/2008 9:18:00 AM

This lotion is easy to spread, and moisturises well. But it takes forever to absorb, and has a bad smell .It is also pretty pricey. 17ish SGD for 200ml. I'd stick to the Cetaphil moisturising cream.

LUV! it never irritates my super sensitive skin, moisturizes very well and absorbs quickly and isnt greasy. i love that it doesnt have any fragrance either, cause that covers up my body wash =).

on 4/20/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This makes my dry hands sting really bad. But on the rest of the body, it's ok.

on 4/20/2008 1:35:00 AM

Wonderful lotion for the body, and for me, the face as well.

Many regular body lotions, Lubriderm, Aveeno, Eucerin, etc. would ALWAYS make me break out if I put them on my face. But "Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for All Skin Types" surprisingly doesn't.
It's a very gentle lotion, and I use it every night and morning on my face. I don't know why this particular kind does not make me break out, but it's the only body lotion I've found that doesn't. It's excellent for me under mineral makeup, but I'm always sure to let it sink in for awhile, and give my face a blot or two with a tissue before applying the makeup. I buy a two-pack of 20 oz. bottles at one of the warehouse stores and save a bit that way. It's the only lotion that isn't specifically designed for your face that moistures mine well without break outs, as well as the rest of my body. You may want to test it on a small part of your face first to see how your skin reacts though.

But if you like the gentle properties of the Cetaphil cleanser, you'll probably like this lotion as well, whether you use it on your body or your face.

on 4/13/2008 9:40:00 AM

great moisturizer for all over use..non irritating and good moisturization. fine for now and then use on my face in a pinch, but not all the time. to answer the question below you don't need separate lotions for face and body, you can simply dilute a lotion like this by using less product on a slightly wet face.

on 4/11/2008 11:49:00 PM

I bought this looking for something stronger in the winter for my face but it only made me break out so I had to stop using it on my face, but it is a good moisturizer in general for the body, it absorbs quickly and I have excema and it doesn't irritate it so i really like it for that reason

on 4/10/2008 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the costco pack so now I have two large pumps of this stuff, but I love it! It's non scented which is a big plus for me and it moisturizes my skin very well. I use this on my legs and arms when I get out of the shower then before bed I use this on my hands and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is so soft.

For the ones who are using this on their face and are breaking out, big mistake. This is specifically made for your body. It even states it on the packaging, "ideal for all over body hydration". I guess you can use it on your face if your skin isn't sensitive or acne prone, but I wouldn't suggest it.... I rather listen to the label than be sorry later... =\

This is a great moisturizer it works fabuosly and it moisturizes w/o making my skin break out . It last forever too .

Popular Moisturizers