October 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by inthetreetops

I have really oily skin and bad acne, but my staple cleanser dries out spots on my face sometimes, and my staple oil-free moisturizer doesn't always help with the dryness. So I figured I'd try this. It doesn't make my acne worse, which is great since it isn't oil-free. It moisturizes very well, but my skin looks and feels very oil after i apply it, so I only use it at night or on very dry spots during the day. Minus 1 lippy for shinyness. Other wise, it's pretty good!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually bought this by mistake, I meant to get the Cetaphil cleanser. I've been using this on my body because it makes my face break out (I have oily, sensitive skin). It does an ok job of moisturizing, not nearly as good as my favorite body moisturizer Olay Quench. It's really thin and greasy and takes a long time to absorb. I like that there is absolutely no scent though, but I think I'll stick to my Olay lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by keahi

After nearly 3 months of daily use on my face I can confidently declare this lotion an HG. Prior to using Cetaphil, "normal" skin for me was pretty good. I don't have too many problems with breakouts--maybe 1 or 2 pimples a month. But, I felt like I was constantly having to choose between the lesser of 2 evils: either my facial moisturizer wasn't rich enough and my skin looked good, but felt tight and uncomfortable all day (most Olay moisturizers are implicated here), OR my skin felt moisturized, but was too shiny looking/ greasy feeling (Kiehl's--I'm talking to you). Since I've started using Cetaphil as my daily moisturizer my skin feels quenched, but not greasy, doesn't look shiny, and best of all, I have not had a SINGLE zit (not even a tiny one!) in all the time I've used it! My skin has not come close to this level of perfection since the days before puberty. I'm over the moon!

Here's how I use it: in the morning after washing my face, I spritz my face with a fine mist of water and then rub in a tiny amount of the Cetaphil lotion (pea-sized or smaller). This stuff is so emollient that I can dilute it in this way and get the moisture my skin needs without any greasy feeling film. I love how easy it is to control how much I'm applying--makes it very versatile for different conditions. At night I usually use an AHA and my anti-aging nightcream. I might change my tune a litle when the hot and humid summer weather rolls around, but right now, this is perfect.

I can't believe I've never tried this stuff before now! How many years of flawless skin have I missed out on? I don't even want to think. Besides the fact that it suits my skin's needs perfectly, other advantages are the fact that it comes in a huge amount for a reasonable price, and it's now my HG body lotion as well. In the 3 months of use (face and body) I still have about 3/4 of my pump bottle left--amazing value. I also love the fact that this is available at nearly every drugstore, grocery store, and mass retailer in my area. It would probably be just my luck that since I've discovered this new HG of mine Cetaphil would go out of business or discontinue/ reformulate (as an aside, I'm using the stuff in the new packaging, though supposedly it's the same formula) but they seem to have a strong track record so far. I see a long and loyal relationship with this product in my future.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by qkchan

I don't like using this product on my face because it leaves it feeling a little bit sticky but it's an excellent body moisturizer. I love that it's fragrance-free. It's very gentle and I even used it on my tattoo during it's awkward two-week healing period when I had to put lotion on it every few hours to keep it moisturized. No irritation at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I've been struggling with finding a staple moisturizer for a number of years - I've been through tons including Clinques ever popular Dramatically Different Lotion - and gels which I'll admit are satisfactory in the summertime did absolutely nothing for me in the fall and winter months. I was getting really frustrated with my search because I didnt want to have to spend 60 bucks on moisturizer which came in a small tiny bottle which was gone in weeks and I still had dry flaky skin. I had heard of this many times but never seriously considered it until I got a sample of it. I tried it and was instantly amazed - it was thicker yes but if you only use as much as you need it soaks in very smoothly and instantly and is a great base for makeup still. I am surprised that some people feel this causes breakouts - I do have skin that can be triggered by some products but this is specially formulated not to do so and I have not noticed any difference in my skin since using it other than being much smoother and absolutely no more flaking! I think this is one of my best finds because for under 10 bucks you get this huge gigantic bottle of moisturizer that will last such a long time and works 10 times better than the higher end ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love using this on my body because it is doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, is fragrance free and absorbs quickly without stickiness.

Its more of a richer cream/lotion. I find my legs feel moist and smooth for far longer than other lotions, lasting over night. I wake with calm and moist skin without the dry itching other creams can give me. I find it far better than Aveno, which I find sticky, watery and smells funny.

I haven't tried it on my face as I don't want to risk getting the breakouts some people have mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by prillita

This is my all-time favorite moisturizer . . . unscented, just enough moisture, it's perfect in my opinion! I go back and forth between using this and the moisturizing cream that comes in the jar, and I think I have settled on the pump bottle, just because I can't stand using lotions that come in jars / tubs . . . mine always ended up dirty and got bits of fuzz and hair in it which really grossed me out. The pump bottle is so much more hygenic!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 4:18:00 AM More reviews by psycokittykat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Me and my mom use this lotion all over our face and body. It moisturizes perfectly, doesn't cause break outs, and most importantly it doest irritate my sensitive skin. It leaves my skin super soft!!! i love this product. I apply it every morning and every night after my cleansing, toning, and Bp application. Moisturizing enough for winter and light enough for summer. I use it year round.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 1:22:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin that's nonetheless quite dry in winter, so my usual oil-free moisturizers just aren't enough in this climate. I like Cetaphil lotion because it is unscented and can be used on both face and body. As far as facial moisturizers go, it's ultra-basic (though it does contain macadamia oil!) and feels kind of greasy when first applied. However, five minutes later, there is no residue at all and my skin feels calm and refreshed. I can't see using this on my face in the summer, but for right now, it doesn't break me out (particularly since I use medicated acne cleansers beforehand) and does what I need it to do quite well. And it's also a great vehicle for perfume oils-- make instant scented lotion in the palm of your hand!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jekins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My doctor recommended this and I quite like it. I suffer from acne and it doesn't make me breakout. My only criticism is that it can be a bit heavy. Sometimes I mix it with Aveeno Ultra-calming daily moisturizer to lighten it up a little.