November 26, 2014 | 1882 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by steenface

I use this as an evening moisturizer and I like it so far. It locks moisture in without being too harsh or pore-clogging, even on my combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mylipglossiscool

As I got to my mid-twenties, my skin has increasingly become more on the normal/combination side instead of combo/oily. In the past I would've steered clear of anything that wasn't oil-free. But now pretty much all my skin care stash is for all skin types, such as this moisturizer. It works very well with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I was using the Mary Kay Timewise MIracle set and it's been working wonders with my skin, yet not so good for my wallet. I figured Cetaphil would give me more for my money and it does. I have the big pump bottle which saves me time in the am and pm. I don't have time to mess with fussy jars or lids. One pump is all I need for my face. It also works very well for prepping my skin for makeup. My pores look smaller, my skin glows and stays soft all day long. It's gentle enough to use as a moisturizer around the eye area and even as a hand/body lotion, but I only use it for my face. Overall, I'm very happy with my new Cetaphil skincare regimen. It's my new HG. A definite staple! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ryudoadema

People who get red and/or burning with pimples if your acne prone, there is a very good chance your sensitive to glycerin. I started using mousturizers/products with glycerin as a main ingredient because i wanted to try being more gentle to my combo/acne prone skin. I also thought I developed rosacea a year or so back.

I tried cetaphil lotion recently and bam! my face turned bright red and burned, especially my cheeks. I only used it one night, the next day I had big flakes on my face, about 6 new pimples on my cheeks, and red rosacea-like flushing for days after.

This was similar to other products i keep using on and off that seem harmless and gentle, but i couldn't fing the connection until i looked at the review for pure glycerin as a moisturizer. Many of them experienced these same exact symptoms and it clicked. Glycerin is supposed to have no irritation or comedogenic ability, but as one of the glycerin reviewers pointed out, :in concentrated solutions, it may be comedogenic and irritating to the mucous membranes"

Other products i used that did the same thing to me were Proactive green tea moisturizer, Derma-e scar gel, Alpha-hydrox Foaming face wash, Neutrogena oil-free anti-acne moisturizer, and several soaps with glycerin-all with glycerin as the second or third ingredient. Nothing with glycerin as the 6th or lower ingredient or w/o glycerin does this to me.

I really hope this helps someone, and if you get a bad reaction from this, i would suggest looking into this- it may save you a year of bright red, dry pimply skin,lol. FYI- i may copy and paste this as reviews for some of these other products in hopes to help others, as well as give my honest experience.

26 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tabby3384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! I use it as a facial moisturizer. My skin gets dry from the benzyl peroxide I use on it and this is the only stuff that seems to moisturize enough. I have only been using this for about 3 weeks or so and it may be too soon to review but so far so good! My skin is very sensitive and acne prone and this product does not burn, itch, make my face red, or make me break out. I love love love it. However it is a little heavy so if your skin is oily (like mine if i dont use bp) I wouldnt recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGurly02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to like this lotion, but it just doesn't feel right on my skin. And I think it breaks me out....maybe the glycerin? I do like the face wash, but wouldn't go back to the face lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my skin sting. Ouch. Don't buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by inthetreetops

I have really oily skin and bad acne, but my staple cleanser dries out spots on my face sometimes, and my staple oil-free moisturizer doesn't always help with the dryness. So I figured I'd try this. It doesn't make my acne worse, which is great since it isn't oil-free. It moisturizes very well, but my skin looks and feels very oil after i apply it, so I only use it at night or on very dry spots during the day. Minus 1 lippy for shinyness. Other wise, it's pretty good!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually bought this by mistake, I meant to get the Cetaphil cleanser. I've been using this on my body because it makes my face break out (I have oily, sensitive skin). It does an ok job of moisturizing, not nearly as good as my favorite body moisturizer Olay Quench. It's really thin and greasy and takes a long time to absorb. I like that there is absolutely no scent though, but I think I'll stick to my Olay lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by keahi

After nearly 3 months of daily use on my face I can confidently declare this lotion an HG. Prior to using Cetaphil, "normal" skin for me was pretty good. I don't have too many problems with breakouts--maybe 1 or 2 pimples a month. But, I felt like I was constantly having to choose between the lesser of 2 evils: either my facial moisturizer wasn't rich enough and my skin looked good, but felt tight and uncomfortable all day (most Olay moisturizers are implicated here), OR my skin felt moisturized, but was too shiny looking/ greasy feeling (Kiehl's--I'm talking to you). Since I've started using Cetaphil as my daily moisturizer my skin feels quenched, but not greasy, doesn't look shiny, and best of all, I have not had a SINGLE zit (not even a tiny one!) in all the time I've used it! My skin has not come close to this level of perfection since the days before puberty. I'm over the moon!

Here's how I use it: in the morning after washing my face, I spritz my face with a fine mist of water and then rub in a tiny amount of the Cetaphil lotion (pea-sized or smaller). This stuff is so emollient that I can dilute it in this way and get the moisture my skin needs without any greasy feeling film. I love how easy it is to control how much I'm applying--makes it very versatile for different conditions. At night I usually use an AHA and my anti-aging nightcream. I might change my tune a litle when the hot and humid summer weather rolls around, but right now, this is perfect.

I can't believe I've never tried this stuff before now! How many years of flawless skin have I missed out on? I don't even want to think. Besides the fact that it suits my skin's needs perfectly, other advantages are the fact that it comes in a huge amount for a reasonable price, and it's now my HG body lotion as well. In the 3 months of use (face and body) I still have about 3/4 of my pump bottle left--amazing value. I also love the fact that this is available at nearly every drugstore, grocery store, and mass retailer in my area. It would probably be just my luck that since I've discovered this new HG of mine Cetaphil would go out of business or discontinue/ reformulate (as an aside, I'm using the stuff in the new packaging, though supposedly it's the same formula) but they seem to have a strong track record so far. I see a long and loyal relationship with this product in my future.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by qkchan

I don't like using this product on my face because it leaves it feeling a little bit sticky but it's an excellent body moisturizer. I love that it's fragrance-free. It's very gentle and I even used it on my tattoo during it's awkward two-week healing period when I had to put lotion on it every few hours to keep it moisturized. No irritation at all!