December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

It does exactly what it says it will do. I have dry super-sensitive skin and nearly every moisturizer out there has either broken me out, made my skin flaky or (scented) ended up making me smell rancid..
CVS generic own brand lotion was a little less oilier and the smell was different therefore it didn't work as well even though the ingredients list looked exactly the same.
Rite Aids version is as moisturizing but leave a smooth greasy feeling on your skin which I like better that Cetaphil as it helps my make up go on better.
UPDATE 7 months later
After months of using this all over the original lotion stopped working on my face and started giving me zits.

UPDATE 3 months later
I went back to it . It works great on my body by my face/neck a definite nope. Using it around my eyes it attracts a lot of moisture thus making these water bubble appear on my upper or lower lids which is irritating until they pop.

Update - 4 months later
Weird. It's now summertime and every lotion I had started breaking me out. Even Palmers Cocoa butter so I dug this out of the drawer and tried t again and it works great again. No zits. No eyelid moisture bubbles (maybe the last bottle wasn't good).
My whole body loves it including my face. I'm also attracted again ot the lack of any scent when on the skin. Coupled with my unscented deoderant gel I know I can wear perfume and have the scent of that stand out without other smells getting in the way.

2 Year Update: This STILL doesn't work for my face so instead of buying two things to use on my face and body I gave up on Cetaphil.

2.5 year update:
Yes I know I switch a lot but bear with me, i'm a woman and it's our duty to change our minds every 5 minutes! Instead of digging this out of the closet again I discovered a new Cetaphil lotion and am currently trying that so check out my other review for details

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by chajy

This review will be for the regular Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (the one that is huge bottle without spf). I hate to review this so early but my experience is pleasant that I want to share =). I've had it for a week mainly bought it for my body and now been using pea size in my face day and night. I don't go overboard applying this on my face because it can tend to be greasy by the end of the day, otherwise it is great under make-up. Tip for body lotion: this is a scent-free product and I love my stella perfume that I would add a drop of it to this lotion and mix before applying..the scent last a whole day.
Packaging is sanitary - Check
Price - got it on sale for $7 - Great!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Moon_Tan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this in desperation after I started using Differin which dried my skin out and made it crack. I had heard good things about this product and decided to try it, sadly finding that it doesn't work so well for me.

My skin is very acne prone and a combination of dry and oily at times. The real issue I had with this is that it felt so greasy. I would get out of a shower and put this on and feel incredibly grimy, as if I hadn't been in a shower at all. It has a really bad shine on it, which makes you look as if you've been sweating excessively all day or you haven't washed your face for a while.

And to top it all off, it didn't do much for my skin. It sometimes agitated it, which I've discovered after reading a wonderful review on this product by someone before, that it was most likely because of the glycerin in it. Bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by steenface

I use this as an evening moisturizer and I like it so far. It locks moisture in without being too harsh or pore-clogging, even on my combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by mylipglossiscool

As I got to my mid-twenties, my skin has increasingly become more on the normal/combination side instead of combo/oily. In the past I would've steered clear of anything that wasn't oil-free. But now pretty much all my skin care stash is for all skin types, such as this moisturizer. It works very well with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. I was using the Mary Kay Timewise MIracle set and it's been working wonders with my skin, yet not so good for my wallet. I figured Cetaphil would give me more for my money and it does. I have the big pump bottle which saves me time in the am and pm. I don't have time to mess with fussy jars or lids. One pump is all I need for my face. It also works very well for prepping my skin for makeup. My pores look smaller, my skin glows and stays soft all day long. It's gentle enough to use as a moisturizer around the eye area and even as a hand/body lotion, but I only use it for my face. Overall, I'm very happy with my new Cetaphil skincare regimen. It's my new HG. A definite staple! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ryudoadema

People who get red and/or burning with pimples if your acne prone, there is a very good chance your sensitive to glycerin. I started using mousturizers/products with glycerin as a main ingredient because i wanted to try being more gentle to my combo/acne prone skin. I also thought I developed rosacea a year or so back.

I tried cetaphil lotion recently and bam! my face turned bright red and burned, especially my cheeks. I only used it one night, the next day I had big flakes on my face, about 6 new pimples on my cheeks, and red rosacea-like flushing for days after.

This was similar to other products i keep using on and off that seem harmless and gentle, but i couldn't fing the connection until i looked at the review for pure glycerin as a moisturizer. Many of them experienced these same exact symptoms and it clicked. Glycerin is supposed to have no irritation or comedogenic ability, but as one of the glycerin reviewers pointed out, :in concentrated solutions, it may be comedogenic and irritating to the mucous membranes"

Other products i used that did the same thing to me were Proactive green tea moisturizer, Derma-e scar gel, Alpha-hydrox Foaming face wash, Neutrogena oil-free anti-acne moisturizer, and several soaps with glycerin-all with glycerin as the second or third ingredient. Nothing with glycerin as the 6th or lower ingredient or w/o glycerin does this to me.

I really hope this helps someone, and if you get a bad reaction from this, i would suggest looking into this- it may save you a year of bright red, dry pimply skin,lol. FYI- i may copy and paste this as reviews for some of these other products in hopes to help others, as well as give my honest experience.

27 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tabby3384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! I use it as a facial moisturizer. My skin gets dry from the benzyl peroxide I use on it and this is the only stuff that seems to moisturize enough. I have only been using this for about 3 weeks or so and it may be too soon to review but so far so good! My skin is very sensitive and acne prone and this product does not burn, itch, make my face red, or make me break out. I love love love it. However it is a little heavy so if your skin is oily (like mine if i dont use bp) I wouldnt recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by GoldenGurly02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to like this lotion, but it just doesn't feel right on my skin. And I think it breaks me out....maybe the glycerin? I do like the face wash, but wouldn't go back to the face lotion.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my skin sting. Ouch. Don't buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by inthetreetops

I have really oily skin and bad acne, but my staple cleanser dries out spots on my face sometimes, and my staple oil-free moisturizer doesn't always help with the dryness. So I figured I'd try this. It doesn't make my acne worse, which is great since it isn't oil-free. It moisturizes very well, but my skin looks and feels very oil after i apply it, so I only use it at night or on very dry spots during the day. Minus 1 lippy for shinyness. Other wise, it's pretty good!