August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these cause I was suckered in by the cute packaging. Too bad more time was not spent developing the actual formula. I already reviewed the horrid neon pink one elsewhere, but at the same time I bought the colorless one. It goes on smoothly and felt great on my lips at first....however I notice anytime I try to use it more than a day it makes my lips worse than they were. It actually causes my lips to peel and bleed. I don't know if these have something in them that is supposed to exfoliate lips or what but they do horrible things to mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Average lip product. I bought the minty one that goes on clear. It moisturized my lips, but if you are seriously dry this will not penetrate and clings to dry skin flakes. It just kind of sits on top in an obvious way and stopped working all together after a few weeks. The colorful twist tube packaging is easy and attractive. Smells good, wouldn't lick off. It's just alright. Definitely not worth the hype in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

I've heard plenty of things about this product but I thought that i was like all the other products like it, it was a lip balm. WRONG, this lip balm moisturizes sooo well and lasts a good couple of hour even after eating. I bought this in quenched and it smells amazing. Another thing i really liked about this lip balm was that the packaging was more like a lipstick, so if you travel or are out with friends you don't have to worry about dirty hands when applying it, such as the other balms in pans. Would definitely repurchase this though not for a while because there is quite a bit of product but do hope to experiment with other colours

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by LeanyJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff so much. For a teenage girl this product is great! Works well for me and looks cute too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by thesarahmichellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 2 original (Peppermint and Peach Kiss) and one limited edition (Twinkle - it came in a pack of 2 and I forgot the other one), This product is fantastic. If you use it almost everyday your lips will be totally moisturized in 5 days. I use this instead of any other chapstick, and the colors are super pretty too !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by leoisillon

I have the color "Peach Kiss 030". I bought it because I was looking for a neutral balm. I did get that with this product. It is very moisturizing and it adds a nude/light brown color that blends pretty well on my lips and matches my skintone. I am trying to finish mine so I apply it every morning while putting on my makeup so that I can moisturize my lips before putting on lipstick. It gets the job done but it's nothing super special to me.

The packaging is kind of chintzy. It's a purple tube with pink writing on a plastic covering. I mean you get what you pay for but it's just too teeny-bopper looking and it doesn't do much for me. I'm not too into tinted balms so you also have to take that into consideration. The pigmentation is nice and the product is moisturizing---does it give "baby lips?" No, I wouldn't go that far...Overall, very average to me and I wouldn't rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by MaggieMimsy

I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. I only use the Baby Lips at work where I can reapply as often as needed/wanted without cringing at the price (Burt's is $7!) This isn't as moisturizing as Burt's, but it gives a nice tint to my lips. I've got the coral color and it looks very natural. My big issue is the smell. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it's something between Play-Doh and yeast. Very, very unpleasant! Thankfully the odor doesn't last very long.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Amberbock363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It was a lipbalm. im the worlds worst for slathering it all around my mouth I happened to use the pink punch well it colored up to my nose a bright pink but didnt last any time on my lips. Ive used worse but they give you better lipbalm at the hospital (no kidding) if i needed a balm i guess i'd pick it up again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Luvxsweets

I really can't understand why this product is so hyped! It smells great, but it doesn't moisturize your lips at all. It's basically feels like you rubed vegetable oil on your lips. It feels oily and greasy, no moisturizing and it doesn't penetrate. I also don't like the packaging because the plastic is really cheap and it cracks easily. Plus it looks like the lip glosses you used to get when you were a child. I got the grape one Nd it does leave a slight tint which is okay but even still it's more of a greasy looking color than an actual pigmented colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MSaggu10

I have this balm in Cherry Me, and I love it! It smells oh so good! It's also slightly tinted, so i like to use it when I'm just stepping out somewhere. I don't really use it everyday because it is tinted, but I'm looking forward to buying the clear one! Overall I am loving this product, and the price wasn't too bad either, I got mine from Walmart for like $3, everywhere else it was like $5!