Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 3/29/2013 9:07:00 PM

HATED THIS!! It did not moisturize my lips or made them baby soft. They just made my lips look really gross.

on 3/27/2013 1:45:00 PM

amazing. would recommend to any1!! delievers all that is promised all in one cute, little package! well done maybelliene

on 3/27/2013 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't get the hype w/ these lip balms...they're just tinted lip balms, am I missing something? They did not moisturize or soften my lips, nor did they provide a smooth natural color. They smell good in the package but applied, they taste and smell like chemicals. For reference I used Pink Punch and Peppermint and hated them both. I paid about $4 at CVS. Also, the packaging is pretty cheap and flimsy. For a tinted lip balm, NYX Color Balms are amazing, and only $3!. They have better quality, moisture, color payoff, and selection. I also like Nivea Lip Butters and Nivea "Kiss of" balms. Seriously, this product reminds me of a bad knockoff of Bonne Bell Lip Smackers that I used as a kid. They should be called Fisher Price My First Lipstick.

on 3/26/2013 2:59:00 PM

I bought this in the clear color, and it was just your basic, everyday lip balm. Considering the price, I would be better off buying Carmex or Chapstick brand. The product had a nice smell and I did like the packaging very much, but I had to keep applying it and did not notice my lips getting any more moisturized.

I would however buy it again, but in a tinted color this time.

on 3/26/2013 11:07:00 AM

I purchased the cherry me color and I absolutely love it!!! It gives my lips a nice red tint and keeps them moisturized. The color is enough to look naturally red without overdoing the color. I loved it so much I bought another one that I keep at work. The smell is also so yummy!! I definitely recommend this product!

on 3/25/2013 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I liked the babylips at first, the scent was nice, and it gave a nice sheen and naturally glossy look to my lips, however after about a week of using it (1-2 times a day) my lips became extremely flaky.. but not a dry kind of flaky, but almost like my lips were trying to melt off. They were moisturized like crazy, but flaking.. It could have been an allergic reaction to something in the ingredients.. needless to say after I stopped using it, my lips went back to normal. I'm sad, beacuse I really liked how they smelt and made my lips looked!

I have this in Quench (the white/blue one), and I love everything about this lip balm. let me tell you why:
it smells like fruit roll ups, but it doesn't taste like anything so I'm not tempted to constantly lick my lips and "eat" all the product away.
it seems to melt onto my lips as I put it on, so my lips just feel all glossy and plump
the texture is satiny smooth, but not oily like some other lip balms (I'm looking at you, Soft Lips)
it makes me look like I'm wearing a nice clear lip gloss for lazy days
it has SPF 20, which is higher than most lip balms I've come across which all seem to have SPF 15
I actually really like the packaging. then again, I just carry a little bag without much stuff in it, so maybe that is why mine hasn't cracked or broken yet
I will continue using my beloved Blistex at night, but for the daytime when I'm out and about and I need a quick glossy lip without a mirror handy, I'm going to keep my Baby Lips by my side.

on 3/23/2013 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have to keep applying this lip balm. I feel it was a waste of money. I will stick to my Blistex medicated lip balm SPF 15. Works much better than Baby Lips! I also hate the packaging Baby Lips comes in feels kind of cheap, and I am always afraid that I am going to break it with use.

on 3/23/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I paid $3.99 for my "Baby Lips" lip balm in the shade "yummy plummy" at Walgreens. This tinted lip balm is not worth $3.99, or even $0.99 for that matter. Why do we use lip balms? Mainly to keep the lips hydrated isn't it? This balm does not hydrate the lips worth a chap... it wears out so quickly you might as well use nothing at all.
I bought it because one of my favorite YT beauty gurus raved about it. Well, I've learned a thing or two now from beauty gurus out there...and it is not always good.
If you want a good tinted lip balm go for Burt's Bees. That's what I should have done and made better use out of my 4 bucks. Oh well...live and learn!
Thanks for reading my reviews and good luck with your purchases!

on 3/22/2013 1:56:00 AM

I keep seeing these commercials on tv and noticed my sister was using the baby lips in the spf version. I asked if she liked it and she said did. I took the bait and bought the coral flavor because I thought the color was nice. Unfortunately, the smell was overwhelming, it gave me a headache. My lips did not feel any softer nor did I like the taste on my lips. I decided to return it and to never again get baited again from maybelline.

But then my best friend was using the peach kiss and said she really liked it. So I went ahead and exchanged it for that one and generally liked it. There wasn't that awful scent or weird aftertaste. The color wasn't anything great but my lips did feel kind of baby soft! haha. So, knowing this, maybe i'll buy another color, maybe. But I really like the peach kiss, I would probably buy this again once I run out.

Popular Lip Treatments