April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkroses17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased Pink Punch, Cherry Me, and Peach Parfait. My favorite for every-day is Peach Parfait, but the one that gives the most color pay-off is Pink Punch. These smell great and are moisturizing, but I hate that you have to re-apply them frequently. Cherry Me was disappointing-it had the worst color pay off of all of them. I will def get Peach Parfait and Pink Punch again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest the only thing I really liked about this product is the smell and packaging. I live in theUS so or packaging is a cap with the baby,lips logo and ingredients in a different, color than the twist up tube. I got the flavor quenched and it reminds me of fruity pebbles. This is moisturizing at first but it makes your lips dryer than when you put it on in thirty minutes. This means you have to reapply which I don't like doing. I might try the others in the line before I make my final opinion on this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the clear mint baby lips in the green packaging. I adore this product! I put it on and automatically my lips look soft, shiny (and not in that sticky way with glosses) and luxe. Keeps my lips a natural pink color and keeps them hydrated all day. Well worth the $11 dollars!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the hot pink one

Pros:
-Nice color tint
-Moisturizing and smooths lips
-Hydrates lips
-Nice packaging
-Not too shiny (plus for me)

Cons
- None

Good for
- People looking for a nice tinted lip balm that can quickly plump up lips to it's natural potential.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

The Baby Lips lip balms have recieved quite a bit of hype over the past year... I picked mine up back in the fall of 2011, so a little over a year ago. I got Quenched, which is a clear lip balm in a blue package with purple writing on it. In an ad, it depicted the lip balm as having a slightly pink tint, which it didn't when I saw it in the store, but I picked it up anyway. I tried it out later, and, although it was a bit greasy, it was nice. Mouisturizing, even. I used it pretty much daily for a while, trying to decide how I felt about it. After a while, I realized something about it: it dries out the skin around my mouth! And it's not just me- that happened to my friend, too (she purchased the peppermint one in the green packaging). I'm not sure why that would happen. The only thing I can think of it that it sucks the mouisture away from around my mouth, but that seems weird. Also, after using it for a while, I found out why I felt so greasy all the time (I have dry skin...), this made my lips SO greasy! It's thick, and just...no.
Would I repurchase? No. I really can't say I'd recommend this. Sure, it mouisturizes your lips, but so do hundreds of other lipbalms out there. The packaging is also impractical. It has a case that you have to pull out, like a lipstick, except it's always coming off, so I can't bring it anywhere with me unless I want it smearing all over my bag. Which I don't. I think they should just put a cap on it, not a case.
Bottom line: it's...okay. But the side effects (dry face) aren't, and neither is the packaging. Would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by ccorre60

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought the peppermint flavored baby lips yesterday after reading many reviews about the product. I was pretty hesitate but decided to do so anyway. I was hoping to pay no more than $3 but ended up spending a dollar extra, which isn't a big deal but considering I typically pay $2.97 for three lip balms, it kind of was.
Regardless of the price, after one day of using it, my lips do feel healthier and smoother. However, I feel the need to reapply the lip balm every 25-40 minutes because it simply doesn't last very long compared to the "chap stick" lip balm.
Other than my lips feeling dry in a short period of time, the product does what it says it will.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Youngwildfree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is okay, when i got it, i chose the pepermint one, because i didn't want hot pink or red lips, but my friend uses the hot pink and said it doesn't dramaticly color your lips. It made my lips feel smooth, but an hour later, not so much. I hate reapplying lip gloss, expecialy one that is slightly bigger than the average chapstick. The case cracks really easily too. But anyways for about 5 dollars at walmart, i would buy it again if they show up with more colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by MargMikh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have no idea what all the hype is about this product, its your typical, crappy quality lip balm that has a very faint tint to it and a boring mostly awful smell, there are so many products on the market that are much better, like any lip balm from burts bees, fresh, josie, the list goes on and on, would definetly not buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let's talk about the claims for a second. 88% had smoother lips, 82% had less dry lips, 70% had suppler lips, 83% had better-looking lips. Did my lips change in any way after wearing this lip balm? No. Did they make my lips any dry long term or at least for a while after the color wore off? Not at all. This is not a good lip balm in any way, I honestly don't know how it differs from a typical Chapstick aside from the cute packaging.

However, this is a good *tinted* lip balm, if you choose the right color. They have fairly good color payoff, and I reach for these more than other lip products because these are fairly moisturizing (only when on the lips!) while other lip products can be very drying. Also, these tend to be very easy to use and low maintenance. These are perfect products to keep in your bag and apply when you feel like your look for the day is a little boring. That's how I use them. They last about an hour, sometimes more, sometimes less. This doesn't really bother me because the product is easy to apply even without a mirror.

Now let's talk about the colors because not all Baby Lips are created equal. From the original line, Cherry Me, a muted red that leans on the pink side. This one is one of the more pigmented ones and is perfect for those like myself that loved reds but want to make them more wearable for everyday. Pink Punch is probably the most pigmented (and best smelling to me), but it's just too pink for my liking. I also like Peach Kiss, which is sort of like a nude tinted balm. It doesn't make your lips entirely nude but gives off the same type of nude lip look. Grape Vine and Coral Crush (LE?) did not show up on my lips at all, so I don't recommend them at all. Grape Vine had a tint when swatched, but on my lips it was almost invisible. Coral Crush didn't show up much when swatched or on my lips. From the Electro line, I own two shades so far. Berry Bomb is not as pigmented as I had hoped, but it still offers good color payoff for a lip balm. This one looks a little like purple popsicle-stained lips, and it looks like the most natural color on the lips out of all the Baby Lips. Pink Shock gives off a lot of pigmentation, probably the most out of all the shades. It's a pretty fuchsia pink that looks a little on the berry side to me. My favorites that I get the most use out of (and these are probably the only ones I will repurchase): Cherry Me, Pink Shock. Overall, good product for people who like color on their lips but are too lazy to deal with a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Hayyleyyissmee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip-balm type product! It moisturizes my lips really well, and it leaves a very glossy finish, almost like a lip gloss. I have the peppermint one, and I really want to get the tinted ones, mainly because they are raved about so much! Definitely worth the hype to me, at least for most of the flavours. Although I hear that the peach one isn't as great as the others, I think that most of them are a 5/5! Really wanna get cherry me, and grape vine. Will be repurchasing!