April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by luvmyface11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE my MIA!!!! I have (had) oily skin in some areas such as my checks and nose but am relatively dry around my mouth and normal on my forehead... (I know a hot mess) so you can imagine my skin care regimen has to be strict!!! When I first starting using the MIA I was a little skeptical as I did have two breakouts on my cheeck but it may have been due to my make up so not really sure but what I can say now is that those breakouts are completly gone from my face!!!! I also suffer from post acne scars which have left brown marks on my face... ughhhh... well with the help of the MIA my marks are beginning to fade and I have only been using it for about 3 weeks now... I use it twice a day with my BIORE face cleanser and I use toner and moisturizer after. Ladies and gents even if you have oily skin as I do, please please please do not skip moisturizing!!! It will balance out your skin and reduce the formation of oil!!! Since using the MIA I have seen a significant change in the way my face looks and the tone of it. I have this glow to my face now and I feel confident enough that I dont even wear foundation anymore!!! I would definately tell EVERYONE to get this product. It is a little expensive but so worth the INVESTMENT of clear and beautiful skin!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Jpain96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A few years ago, I tried out the Clarisonic once at Sephora. Fell in love. It cleared out half of my clogged pores in one go. Couldn't afford it though. THEN I bought it this year!!! Went through 6 weeks of purging (which sucked), but stuck to it and after 6 weeks of regular use, I am frequently stopped and told that my "skin is glowing". Love it.

For ppl who have sensitive skin, use once every other day for the first 2 or 3 weeks to let your skin get used to it, then try using once a day. I have super sensitive skin (can't even have a mask on during facials) and am now able to use this morning and night. Don't give up after 30 days, some ppl take 6 weeks of purging, but it's worth it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by cpacifica

I always thought my desert island product would be sun screen but after using the Mia for the last month, this has taken the crown. I'm not sure what I ever did without it. I LOVE this little gadget and am buying one for my sister for Christmas. In the first few days my skin glowed and there was an immediate improvement in texture - I couldn't believe how soft it felt. I am acne prone and should advise that after the first week I went through about 10 days of breakouts but after reading reviews, understand that this is a common experience. I stuck with it and my skin is clearing up dramatically and looking better than it has in ages. I use a toner/cleanser after washing my face and when washing manually, no matter how thoroughly, I was always disappointed by how much make-up residue there was on the cotton ball - and I don't wear that much make up. After cleansing with the Mia - nothing - the cotton is as white as fresh snow. My skin feels oh so soft, refreshed and clean, clean clean! I look forward to my morning and evening cleansing ritual and consider it a treat. Also when I was trying to decide which machine in the Clarisonic line to buy I looked for comparison reviews to help with my choice and couldn't find many. Thinking that my fellow gentle readers might be in the same situation I thought I'd add that although I've not used the Classic or Plus and can't compare, I'm glad I went with this little gem instead of it's pricer siblings. It's delivered fantastic results, easy to travel with and I couldn't be happier. I must confess that I am curious to try the body brush that only comes with the Plus but absolutely no regrets - I have a good loofa. I do use the Mia on my neck and décolletage and it works a treat. I take the brush off every night and let it and the hand unit air dry completely. They say to do this once a week, but I think it stays cleaner and more hygienic done nightly. So so happy with this product. One final thought, over the last week I've been testing a nightly Manuka honey mask for my acne and am really pleased with the results. Mia + Manuka = TLF for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by emilybarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin was never super acne-prone, but every once in a while I'd get a giant, ugly zit in the middle of my face. I also had a bunch of small bumps on my forehead and blackheads around my lips, nose, and eye brows. My skin acted terribly to this product for the first month and a half. My skin wasn't used to the rigorous treatment of the brush so it made my skin extremely dry. It also caused a giant breakout on my face, but, after the breakout, I realized that this product was bringing all of the bad toxins and blackheads to the surface of my face. My skin is AMAZING now. The Clarisonic Mia didn't hide or push away the gross dirt and bacteria, it brought it to the surface and got rid of it. I no longer have those annoying bumps, blackheads, or even discoloration that I had before. My pores are almost invisible and I've gotten a lot of complements on my skin. I would totally recommend this product to EVERYONE

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really works as a gentle exfoliator on my dry, sensitive skin. I can use the very gentle Cetaphil cleanser for dry skin with this, and feel like I am getting a deep clean without tearing all the moisture from my face. It also helps my skinceuticals serum absorb better.

but BEWARE: you will probably break out the first week you use it. Push thorough and it will clear up.

All in all, totally worth the investment. I know the clarasonic website has sales from time to time (my mom got two mias, for my two sisters, for $60 on cyber monday), so look out for those.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by stechi13

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was disappointed with this product, my skin did not feel any different after using it. My face felt cleaner after washing it with a washcloth compared to this $150 contraption. I have acne and some reviews said that it helped with blackheads and acne. I saw no difference. Everybody also said it felt great on their skin-It just felt like I was taking a brush and dusting it over my skin-with water dripping all over the place. I understand everybody's skin is different and I wanted to like this after all the hype. But for me, there was no difference and for the expense, its definitely not worth it.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I've completely stopped using this product. No desire to whatsoever. I feel that my go-to exfoliating cleanser (Clarins - orange one?) is sufficient and I find the Mia to be intimidating... I will reiterate that this might be good if you have super coarse/thick skin with lots of oil or acne. Not for me. (Oh yeah, and I still have a broken capillary near my nose thanks to the Mia...)

Ugh... Okay. Sometimes I get carried away trying new products (and finding things "wrong" with my face) only to then realize that less is sometimes a LOT more.

I don't regret buying this because it was something I could afford (I got an additional friends/fam sephora discount, so it came to about $100). So, not much lost there.

But I have to admit... It doesn't do what I thought it would! Now, to give some background, I never had horrible acne at all (nowhere close), but I've always had blackheads on my nose (easily covered by make-up, but still) and since moving to Manhattan 3 years ago, my skin has gotten..dirtier, and I've been getting more of the odd pimple here and there (chin mostly). I also have dry skin, (and as it turns out, fragile skin, but I'll get to that in a minute).

I really, really thought this would eliminate my ever having to go for a facial and completely clear up my pores. This, it did not. Yes, I had the initial purge, and actually my skin was quite irritated after the first couple of times. (It made me realize just how sensitive and delicate my skin is. I assumed I was "normal" but I imagine that since other people are able to use this once a day (or even TWICE?!) I must not be the norm.)

So I started spacing out my usage (now about 3 times a week, max, or even less) to compensate for that. (I was getting sore and red around my mouth and chin).

One definite con: I now seem to have more clogged pores around my nose ( around the nostrils, where I've always had slight issues, but these are weird, larger clogs/whiteheads). When I scrub, it leads to broken capillaries so out of paranoia I refuse to touch that area now. I also think that the clogged pores were caused by scrubbing there for the first time, like, ever which increased oil production... I would wake in the morning and feel oil around my nose which has never happened to me, I have very dry skin. So I'm hoping if I stop scrubbing there they'll go away...

The definite neutrals: My pores elsewhere aren't any smaller, stubborn blackheads on my nose are still there, and while I'm happy the pimples from the initial purge on my chin are gone, it's not like my skin there is totally clear (again, blackheads.)

A few pros: I DO like that this makes my skin feel really, really clean afterward. It's kind of a fun beauty "gadget" and the ritual is cool, I guess.

But yeah, overall I'm unimpressed and disappointed. It may work well if you have REALLY oily skin, lots of acne and/or wear a ton of makeup (I wear concealer and bronzer but rarely foundation). I guess I shouldn't have really messed with a "good" thing because my skin is no better after using the MIA.

ALSO: really important to use this with caution. I sort of went ahead and did exactly as the instructions said, because I was so encouraged by all the glowing reviews. But ease into it if you have sensitive skin. You could break capillaries or otherwise do damage that may even be irreversible (I now have one broken capillary near my nostril thanks to MIA and no idea if it'll ever go away. Trying not to dwell on it, hah.)

And I agree with another reviewer, I needed to use it longer than a month to truly tell how it worked, and so I missed the 30 day money back guarantee deal.

Will edit this in a few months if I notice any change.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ferris1

Holy crap I love this thing!!! I've had the Mia for 24 hours and used it 3 times and each time my skin is softer, smoother and better looking each time. I have black heads on my nose and a recent breakout on my chin and hair line on my forehead. What a difference 3 uses has made! My nose blackheads are substantially smaller and disapper more and more with each use. My breakouts are exfoliating away and no new zits have surfaced. I paid $120 and use Aveeno face cream and the $120 was well worth it. I'd much rather spend the money on the Mia and buy a cheaper drugstore face cream for the results I'm seeing so fast. The replacement brush heads cost $20 and they suggest changing them every 3 months. I decided to first wash my entire face with cleanser to clean off my "first layer" of makeup(i use Cetaphyl or Spectro gel depending on where I am shopping when I need it) then I add a bit of cleanser to the Mia and let it take care of the remaining make up and oil left on my skin after the first wash. I'm hoping that by washing off the makeup first the brushes will last longer. Overall I highly recommend the Mia. It's small, fun to use, relaxing and you see immediate results. I LOVE IT!! I'm considering buying the larger Clarisonic with the body brush and giving by boyfriend the Mia for his face. He recently turned 40 and has become obsessed with not looking old :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hamdoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING PRODUCT! This is the best investment I have ever done for my skin. I had chronic acne for over a year since I had a bad habit of picking my pimples. I was feeling so hopeless since nothing was working for my skin. I decided to buy it during the VIB sale and it was sooo worth it. It heals pimples very quickly and prevents breakouts. I had whiteheads, blackheads and it cleared everything. Also it helps increase absorption of my moisturizer, toners. It there's one product you need to but, it is this one!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by angelbaby111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Background: I'm 47 with occasional breakouts and large pores on my nose and chin. For those of you who use a Sonicare toothbrush, you'll understand my review exactly. Once you start cleansing with the Mia, your face will never feel clean without it, same as brushing with the Sonicare vs a regular toothbrush.

Results: Pores on nose and chin are barely visable and my skin is soft and most importantly, clean. Its also not as oily during the day. I use it twice a day with Alpha Hydrox foaming cleanser and it works like a charm (regular brush, although mine did come with a brush head for sensitive skin). I have gotten compliments on my skin glowing and its prompted three people I know to purchase one.

Price: Its well worth the money, take the plunge and forget about it. You won't regret it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No