NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 12/9/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Here is a foundation that has made it back and forth from my makeup stash to daily use and back to stash again. Recently, unhappy with the texture, oxidation and tint of a former "love" I pulled out SG again. I had always found the color to be exactly my desired match (Siberia) and while its runny-ness combined with lightning fast setting quality makes it a bit more challenging to apply, I'd never completely given up on it. All I know is, when I look in the mirror, even hrs. later, my foundation is still flawless, has not oxidized and looks great! Now a few caveats I have found for MY dry skin type. SG is buildable to my desired coverage but will adhere over wear time to any dry spots (the pixel effect) unless I moisturize diligently before and nightly prior. So in a sense, this is making me "up" my skincare lol (which I should be doing anyway ;D ). Also, although I can wear it beneath my eyes (sparingly), it does require a concealer; and in lieu of covering any age spots (!) with it, I prefer a true concealer to piling it on thicker in those areas. As with all foundation application, I velour puff press/roll to set after a teeny dusting of powder to set. I will in the future try NARS' Snow for this purpose after I run out of my current choice. I don't bother to warm the liquid prior to application, but am careful to shake the bottle well; for application I find that my fingers work best and it is easy to add a molecule more where fuller coverage is desired, in this way. I am a daily sunscreen wearer (prior to a silicone based primer) and have not noticed any adverse shininess; have yet to be photographed with it on, so I'm not sure about that. All in all, while not ideal, the maintenance factor is low enough for me to consider reasonable for a foundation. I'm not in love with the glass bottle, pump-less top or square cap- but for the payoff I'm getting with this product, I can and will deal.

on 12/8/2012 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I admit when the MUA at Sephora suggested I only use my hands to apply I thought-no way lady, this isnt the foundation for my sensitive acne prone skin. But took a sample anyway to try out..I did as she suggested and applied some product on with clean fingers. I am in love with this foundation. I didn't need much and thankfuly there's still plenty of sample product left. I really, really like how it feels light weigh and gives the perfect healthy glow. I will be purchasing the full size bottle and rotating between my MUFE HD because that was my staple before trying this gem out. Nars rocks for this one!!

on 12/7/2012 2:03:00 AM

Awesome light-medium coverage foundation that looks natural. I have the color Fiji but I have tried my friends' colors in a shade lighter and darker than Fiji and they have all worked when I was in a crunch.

BUT unfortunately it has bad flashback for anyone that isn't super pale. Many youtubers comment on how great it is for photoshoots but I believe they are either fairly pale or not using harsh flashes. Any photographer can light the situation better and make the product shine...BUT for the average straight picture with a direct flash it looks awful. Keep it for daytime

on 11/20/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

LOVE IT!
It's matched my skin perfectly and looks awesome. It gives you a very natural coverage. It can be used alone and worn everyday :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hands down the best foundation I've used and I've been through a lot MAC, Chanel, Dior - you name it I've tried it! I've used it for over a year now, in the shade Deauville (Light 4) and its the perfect colour for my skin.

I usually apply a thin layer of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm before I apply the sheer glow with my fingers, finally blending with a brush. Its a speedy application, very easy to blend and it lasts all day (my skin is quite dry so I don't use powder). It has a lovely radiant finish!

I love the packaging, so sophisticated! I love the matte effect, even though it does get dirty quickly, but which packaging doesn't? I'd definitely recommend buying the pump, you can lose alot of product otherwise which is, to me the only downfall but at the end of the day its only £3 or so and you can use it over and over.

on 11/19/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

lets start of with saying that my skin is achne prone and fairly oily during all seasons. I had heard amazing reviews about this foundation even on oily skin! I picked up a bottle which is fairly expensive. Loved the neat packaging it looked very classy. The screw lid meant loss of product but it didn't matter if the product inside was amazing. With high expectations I applied the foundation over my primer and set with a powder the colour was fine. throughout the day my skin because so greasy it made my oily skin 50x worse even my boyfriend & dad said I looked oily ! It even started to slide of my nose and chin ! Ewwww. I didn't give up and kept trying it out for 3 weeks, it's just awful. The coverage isn't even good either : looks great at first then HELLO AWFUL SKIN. I'm sticking to my Estée Lauder and mac foundations . Although I do adore the nars lipsticks , when it comes to this foundation I will not buy again my bottle is in the bin because it made me look crap!!! Please don't buy it's expensive and not great coverage . Other foundations out there which are wort the money

on 11/19/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

NARS Sheer Glow is my holy grail foundation. For reference I have combination skin. Firstly, the shade range is amazing: light to deep shades with varying undertones. For NC 42 I'd recommend the shade Syracuse and for NC 45 Cadiz. This foundation blends effortlessly and looks like skin. I find that since it is so blendable I can wear the same color almost all year round. It has a dewy finish so I'd recommend it to anyone who has dry or combo skin; if you have oily skin this foundation may not be for you but always try a sample and make sure to set it with powder. It has medium coverage but it is very buildable. Though a bit pricey, a little goes a long way. The lasting power is good and I only blot once every 4-6 hours. I set it with Ben Nye's Banana powder to make it last longer. My only complaint is that the bottle does not come with a pump, however, you can purchase the pump separately from the NARS website. The hassle of buying the pump separately is something I could live without. Otherwise, a great foundation and highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice foundation. I was kind of put off by the name because when it comes to foundation, 'glow' often means shiny. It's luminous but not shiny. It photographs really well. It doesn't look oily or dry; just healthy. Sheer Glow is pretty full coverage, so if you want something light I wouldn't go for this one. It's also what I consider nighttime and/or photography foundation. It's thick so it works well for a night out or a photoshoot. On me, it stays really well. I really like it, but it's not HG. I'd recommend it though!

on 11/18/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great foundation once you figure out how to use it properly! The first time I bought this foundation, I disregarded the insert. I was unhappy with the result and I returned it. After other failed attempts in trying to find a great foundation, I saw a review on this that said you have to follow the instructions. So I bought it again, read the insert and followed the instructions. WOW - what a difference!

Just one pump of foundation covered my whole face perfectly. Shake the bottle very well. Then, you HAVE to warm it up in the palm of your hand first until the consistency changes somewhat and press it gently into your skin, patting and pressing the entire face. I admit it takes more time than other foundations, but for going out at night, it is totally worth it. Once you have it patted into the skin, I use a foundation brush very lightly to blend any areas that still needed it. I had flawless coverage - even around the nose where my pores tend to be larger. I use chanel powder to set and NARS orgasm blush.

As for breaking out, the trick here is to really cleanse well after wearing it to make sure you get everything out of your pores. After using a good cleanser and rinsing, I go back over with my olay rotating face brush after washing it off with water and make sure everything is off and follow with toner.

I didn't give it a 5 because it is cumbersome to apply, but if you have the time, it is totally worth it. Price was on the expensive side. The 3 on the packaging quality is because it does not come with a pump. This can be purchased separately for about $7 and is reusable.

on 11/17/2012 6:01:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product but it was just not for me, despite being recommended for dry skin I always looked patchy with this foundation, and by the end of the day i look ill and tired (completely not the look im going for). When its first applied it looks ok, but by the end of the day it looks as though its completely come off. Also I have sensitive skin and it did break me out but if you are eager to try the product out and cant get hold of a sample perhaps try the DUPE for this which is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation just to see if you like the finish.

Im shade Punjab in this which is perfect

Im tawny in Estee lauder and 4 natural in bobbie brown