NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 AM

Generally it is a pretty good foundation if u dont like spf in foundation。I am combination to oily skin ,when first put it on, it has a nice satin finish,medium to full coverage。After 4.5 hours i need to touch up for my nose and forhead。After all day for work about 12hours am not a shinning grease ball but i need to touch up every 2.5hours

on 3/3/2013 8:12:00 AM

Do not buy it. It is waste of money. The cheaper foundation do the same trick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation!

PROS:
- The shade Gobi was a perfect match.
- The coverage is light/medium. (I like a light base. )
- Looks natural, sinks into the skin, doesn't feel heavy.
- As the day wears on, you notice the 'glow'.
- It's not "dewy".

CONS:
- Expensive.
- Need to buy a pump separately.
- When it comes to dry patches, it is a bit a bit more forgiving than some foundations but it isn't perfect.

on 2/28/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample of this to try in the ongoing search to replace my now-discontinued HG foundation. Not a winner for me.

It felt like I had to blend and blend and blend this one even though the color was pretty good. The finish screamed "makeup"! It also melted off pretty quickly.

Nothing to write home about. Just an OK liquid foundation, I wouldn't buy this for my fair combination skin. I think I'll try again with a newer setting powder I just bought, but I don't think my results will be much different.

on 2/23/2013 8:24:00 PM

I have very pale olive skin and Deauville is the only liquid foundation that has ever looked natural on my skin. This foundation is perfect to me, I've been using it for several years now and will continue to purchase. It does tend to melt off during very hot, humid days, but really ever foundation I've tried does in those circumstances. It really evens out my skin and wears well. I hate the matte Nars packaging(in this case, the lid), it looks great when new but tends to get dirty and never cleans up nicely.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35- I use Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Stromboli.

This foundation seemed to be heaven sent when I first had the MUA at Sephora test this on me. The color match was the best I had been able to find up until recently. It can be very frustrating trying to find a good color match for olive skin (for someone who is not Asian). This foundation does not last long, broke me out here and there, was streaky, and looked unnatural in daylight once you out of the lighting in Sephora. I had become so frustrated with finding a foundation that I SETTLED for this.

I have sensitive (reactive), dry skin, and my HG foundation now is Lancome Tient Idole 24 HR foundation. If you have been searching for the perfect foundation for your olive skintone head straight over to Lancome, you won't regret it. Don't settle for Nars like I did.

on 2/23/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't imagine my life without it. No seriously. This is myHG foundation now ! I only have a sample because I wanted to try it prior to buying it. (You know 55$can is pretty damn dirty expensive. BUUUUT a little goes a looooooong way !! My sample contains something like 3 drops hahaha an I expect it to last for 2 weeks, since I really don't need a lot. I used to wear covergirl, maybeline blablabla but I aaaalways had to mix it with Halloween white makeup. Pathetic I know. But I'm just so damn pale. Which is weird cause I have very dark brows and hair. ANYWAYS ! I wear the Gobi shade, which is very fair, but has yellow undertones to it. I would wear the Siberia one, which is the lightest shade, however it contains some pink undertones and I definitely don't have pink undertones ( I tried it there an I looked like an angry tomato. Anyways.) Gobi fits so well ! It's a bit darker than my actual face shade but you can't really notice since the undertones are perfect. It's something between light and medium coverage, which is perfect for me. I just wear it in my t-zone since I have some redness and blemishes there. With the yellow undertones, it perfectly hides the redness and the blemishes, with only a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit of the foundation. My skin looks flawless, without any blemish, and you can't even notice that I have foundation on. I'm a foundation junkie, literally. I have something like 1047281 bottles of foundation, but they aallll are too dark or too pink for my skin so yay I bought them for nothing. But Nars is te perfect shade. When I run out of product I will definitely buy it, cause its worth all the pennies. I expect it to last for something like 10 months or more, so instead of buying every week a new bottle of crap foundation for 20$ each (lol) well I will buy a 55$ high quality one that will last forever. So yeah ! Go buy it ! Oh by the way I have normal skin, not dry nor oily.

I bought this foundation thinking it was finally a foundation that had everything I needed.. it comes in a super pale shade and its made to have a nice glow upon the skin.. the coverage on this foundation tho is terrible.. The only reason I use it and would buy it again is its so light and matches my skin so good I mix it with other foundations to get the right shade that I need so that I wont have a makeup line.

on 2/20/2013 11:53:00 AM

This is really over rated. It is an average medium coverage foundation that would be best for normal to oily skin. It is way too expensive for what it is.

on 2/17/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't want to down this product too much because I know that for some skin types it would be great BUT not if you have any dry patches on your skin. It does have some great points though and if your skin is oily/normal - I would recommend trying.

I got this after seeing some great reviews on You Tube.

It goes on beautifully - probably one of the most blendable foundations I have tried. The colour range is super and the Light 4 - Deauville was a perfect match for me.

On areas like my cheeks and forehead this looks lovely, airbrushed almost, although by no means 'glowy'. The name is misleading - this is a matte foudation.

BUT on my nose chin and round my lips, even up near my brows this settles looks cakey and flaky, even after i applied loads of moisturiser ad have exfolited. it also sat horribly under my eyes I won't be repurchasing. The thing is, my skin isn't particularly dry, so I think of those with alot of dry patches this would be a nightmare.

Video Reviews & Tutorials