September 20, 2014 | 1520 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahbeans

Just bought this yesterday so this review may be a little premature but definitely seems to be the foundation i have been searching for!! It leaves a beautiful finish.. the girl at Sephora applied it and it stayed perfectly on my face for hours without budging, which is awesome because I constantly touch my face out of habit/ seem to sweat my usual foundation off within two hours. Like everyone else who seemed to like it I definitely have very yellow undertones to my skin, it looked VERY yellow in the store so thank goodness she brought me out to the hallway to show me how it really looked... great if you are not looking for something super full coverage or too matte, it lets your natural glow come through which is something I've always had issues with about most other foundations. I got the deauville and it is gorgeous. Initially they tried to talk me into getting the makeup forever foundation, but I have always been much happier with nars products. bottom line- good investment if you want an every day natural looking foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I want to love this but just not sure! It looks great when it's first on but definitely has a yellow undertone which I'm not convinced about. Bought this in SpaceNK when newly back from holiday and was convinced that my pink skin tone (which I've always had) is actually a yellow undertone - hmmm. That's more about SpaceNK being pushy than the foundation though!! It gives good coverage, I'd definitely say its more an evening out coverage than a day-to-day work type. It's quite heavy and feels difficult to blend but does look good once you've managed to bend it in. It also seemed to exhasibate my dry skin. I've tried Benefit's That Gal as a primer under this as I was informed this was a really moisturising primer that should help with this, it was an awful combo!! Really slidey and patchy. I'm going to try it with the Laura Mercier primer next and see if that helps. In all - good but not as great as I hoped for the price and as many have commented before me - the lack of pump is just annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by alonzocris

I have never used foundation before so I wanted to try this one, since I heard it was very lightweight and natural looking. I LOVE IT!! IMO it is worth the $40 dollars that it costs, if you apply it correctly it will look very beautiful on your skin. I do have to say that if you have heavy acne or looking for full coverage this is not the foundation for you, but if your face is okay and a couple little pimples here and there this will do the job.
I have combo skin so I do set it with powder (T-zone) so it won't look super shiny. I have used it for a week approx and it hasn't broken me out. Also I think this foundation is good for people with yellow-ish undertones, it matches my skin perfectly!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Yansa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. Love the finish, the texture, and the feel. But I'm absolutely confuddled as to how they feel it makes sense to provide ROWS of testers of the product WITH a pump, for a foundation that does not come with a pump. After using MAC F&B and Revlon ColorStay, the pump was a major selling point for me. Now it's gotta go back, just because....

I'm not sure if Sephora or Nars is the culprit, but it stands to reason that if you think store associates and potential customers need a pump to TRY the product, then a pump is probably the best idea for those idiots like me who are actually dumb enough to BUY it.

Very disappointed. Mainly because NOWHERE does it say that the product doesn't come with a pump. Yeah, I should have done better research, but still.

Meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

generally I like it because it's the first foundation to keep its word of 'glowing' on my extra extra dry face.Even on winter days when my skin is troubled with danders ,it can apply smoothly without leaving any visible trace.And it lasts an entire day without darkening,which is very important because I hate to power up again and again.But what is not so satisfying is that it's too glowy and clear to offer enough coverage.I'll have to work with extra concealers to cover my acnes.
I use the color DEAUVILLE and it fits perfectly as most foundations' lightest tone cannot fit on my sightly pale complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Mica

I like this foundation a lot. When I wear it, I seem to get more compliments on my skin. I don't get a lot of compliments on it, so that's a big deal for me. It isn't completely dewy or glowy, but not matte either, which I like. I wear it in the shade Deauville, and I am an NC20 in MAC. It has not broken me out as far as I know, but I rotate foundations a lot, so it would be hard to say. The coverage is really good for my occasional acne. It makes me feel pretty! I intend to keep buying this foundation because it works pretty well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SH81

I only bought this foundation recently and considering that there has been so much hype around this it's quite late really.

The problem when something is hyped is that you expect it to be out of this world - I think that's what I thought when buying it so I was obviously set for disappointment.

Ok, so even if I forget about all the hype and the fact that my expectation were set so high, I still donlt like this foundation.

One thing many people have said that it isn't glowing - it's actually quite a matte finish at first. I think that was the first disappointment considering that it's called sheer glow.

This foundation isn't sold as long lasting but any high end foundation should at least stand pretty well in that department. This one doesn't and it's not because I'm oily skinned. In fact I am normal to dry which is what this foundation is aimed at.

I found that at at the end of the work day I could feel the foundation on my face and around my face area it was actually slipping off when I checked in the mirror.

It is recommended that you also use the Nars primer with this but I donlt like to own a foundation wear I have to wear a primer for it to work - when you spend that much money and it's meant to be fabulous it should work with or without a primer.

Now maybe I am in a minority here because know that there are a lot of people that swear for this foundation but for it just didn't live up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by veraszcz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The coverage and look of this fondation is great and can look natural if blended well. It is for sure way tooo expensive and nothing too special to be worth almost 50$... It can also break you out if you have acne prone skin so you need to be careful when washing it off. The packaging is terrible it needs a pump!! It got all over my clothing and bags all the time. The lasting power isn't that great either. You can find something cheaper and even better than thisfoundation although overall it is a decent foundation but just not worth the price because the cons outweigh the pros.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The shade Deauville is a good match for NC25 skin tone. This was my go to liquid foundation when I had a big night/event to attend and wanted coverage, but not mask like (pet peeve). I had no need for concealer. 1 layer provided all the coverage I needed

It is great for drier skin types. It gives a glowy, yet not dewy effect. I am not a fan of highlighters because I somehow always seem to over do it, but this provides the somewhat highlighted effect I want.

This is a wondrful foundation, however I will not purchase again because I am transitioning to more natural makeup and most importantly cruelty free is a non negotiable for me. NARS may not test on animals but it is owned by Shiseido who does. At the end of the day, Shiseido is reaping the profits from NARS sales.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by nuvitadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought MAC foundation was the best... That's until I tried NARS sheer glow! I normally wear NC25 in MAC foundations and I have Deauville in NARS. I usually mix Deauville with mont blanc in the day time, since Deauville is still a tad bit tan for me. It's a light weight foundation that blends beautifully. I once wore it to work, and still looked fresh after a 9 hour long day. It's so pigmented that I don't need to use much