December 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ladehc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I believe this product does work. My hair is that annoying type where my roots get oily quickly but my ends are very dry from coloring and overusing my GHD. I used this last night after washing my hair. I rubbed a tiny amount into the ends of my hair and let it air dry. My hair did dry a lot quicker than usual, half an hour after using it I could feel underneath near the nape of my neck and the ends were already pretty much dry. I woke up this morning and styled my hair, and my hair does look shiny and a little more healthy, and feels softer than usual. It doesn't look oily or like it is being dragged down by product. It actually feels a little lighter than usual! This product doesn't give miracles like I think some people are expecting, but what product does, really?

If your hair doesn't like silicones I might advise against this as there are all-natural alternatives available, but my hair has never really reacted badly to them so all seems fine so far.

I would buy this product again, I don't think it is that expensive really, but I can see that it will probably outlive me anyway! You really do need to use only the tiniest amount for it to work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product i bought it on a trip to New York, I put a tiny bit in the ends of my hair after washing and i really notice a diffrence it drys a lot faster its soft and looks healthy. I use a ghd on my hair a lot so i need something to help my dry ends. I dont know what i will do when i run out because i cant find it here :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by eli54

I was so excited when I found this product that I could not wait to use it. When I did use it I was disappointed. Okay so maybe I was waiting for fireworks to go off or for my hair to shine and look like it does in the ads. Instead it did nothing absolutely nothing. Oh wait it did... it weighed my hair down and made it look thin rather that full and shinny. I am so happy that I did not pay full price for this product, because my friend and I went half on it. Not only did this product weigh my hair down and make it look thin, but it did nothing for my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep buying different brands' versions of this Argan oil crap... because it's so hyped up... but that's pretty much what they all are: crap. As someone mentioned on here, and this applies to the other brands I've used as well, the Argan oil is far down the list of ingredients. It makes my hair super oily the very same day I wash it, and makes it stick together (as if you used some syling product like a molding paste, or gel or something...) The bottle is inconvenient because when you pour it out on your hand you struggle to screw the cap back on, while the oil flows out of your hand.. or the other option is to put it down w/out closing and forget about it only to knock it over accidentally later and spill it all over your floor/counter whatever. This brand in particular stinks like... a strong musk, smoke, and a nauseating overbearing vanilla or something. The mystery here is why the're all so freakishly expensive. Unfortunately for me, I threw the box away for this thing so can't return it. Will be putting up for swap. Boooooo.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bigb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS has to be my "can't live without" or "one product you'd take with you on a deserted island". Long story short - I BLEACHED my hair to ultra light blonde from dark brown. At the same time I was diagnosed with health issues that affect my hair making it SUPER dry and brittle. My hair went from my midback to my shoulders - and I didn't get it cut! it was falling out, breaking off and had the texture of moss. This stuff was suggested to me by a hairstylist who had chemo - Sweared it was worth every penny. Boy she was right! It saved my hair. Now that my hair is more healthy I still use it. It protects my hair from the heat, Makes it healthier, makes it shiney, 1 bottle will last you 6 months, protects it from chlorine if your a swimmer, makes it SO SOFT & isn't like your average oil that makes hair greasy and flat. I swear, If you don't buy this product ... your missing out. It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by mzthomle

I tried the regulare Moroccan oil at the salon and liked it, because it made my hair soft and shiny, but my hair would become so oily after a couple hours. When it came time to buying a bottle, I decided to buy the light version that is more suitable for fine or light colored hair. My hair being coloured several times, is damaged and very thin and delicate so I bought the Light version to be safe.

Hating the regular formula, the Light formula is so much better for me! my hair still is soft and shiny and it doesn't get oily after a couple hours. Even with this heat and the summer, my hair still lasts 2 full days!

I paid 30 dollars for my bottle at the Beauty Outlet when they had their 25% off. Which isn't toooo bad. The other thing that sucks about this bottle, is it doesn't have any kind of pour control; no pump! =( So i had to pour some into a little pump bottle.

Other than the bottle design, I love the moroccanoil!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i HATED this. it made my fine, highlighted-blond hair feel sticky, oily and flat, especially the day after the blow-out. and i found the smell kind of smoky and musky. would never buy in the first place.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by AirportHilton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolute crap. Not only did it make my hair stringy and greasy, but it also broke me out while irritating my eyes. Money down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tuttbag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

makes hair super soft and shiny and it smells amazingg but it kind of broke my heart when i had to spend $40 on it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kjbbmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Moroccan Oil is supposed to harness the amazing benefits of Argan Oil.
So why are the second and third ingredients Dimethicone & Cyclomethicone (silicone oils) while Argan Oil is the SIXTH. I hate to be a spoiled sport but all this hype about Moroccan Oil being an effective natural product is Bull-poop.
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Silicone oil is a standard ingredient for hair smoothing, frizz fighting, shine enhancing products. It's also the main ingredient in many drugstore hair smoothing formulas (FrizzEase)...so why the hefty price ($40) for Moroccan Oil? And while it lists Argan Oil as an ingredient, it is less than 2% of the overall ingredients -- only slightly more than the fragrance and artificial colorings.

The real issue here is how much benefit are you getting from a product that is actually a cosmetic fix. I agree, it will make the hair "appear" smoother and frizz-free, but it also prevents nutrients and moisture from entering the hair shaft and scalp because it's been coated with synthetic oils. The silicone builds up and becomes increasingly harder to remove with just standard shampooing. This buildup eventually repels needed moisture and nutrients (from your conditioner), clogs the pores in the scalp, eventually strangles the hair follicle and makes it fall out...NEVER to grow back again.
People rave about organic argan oil because it's the "real thing", but this company irks me because they are exploiting people's trust.

By the way, the reason no bunnies had to die for their product is because they only used ingredients that had been PREVIUOSLY TESTED...the bunnies already died at some other company's expense. Not an unusual practice and it's employed by many "socially conscious" company's so they can make the blessed "no animal testing" claim. Sorry, but this kind of deceptive marketing is shady, misleading and bugs the daylights out of me ( translation: pisses me off BIG time!).

Want the benefits of Argan Oil? Then use REAL Argan Oil and enjoy the actual benefits. There are a number of highly reputable internet resources for organic, cosmetic grade Argan Oil at GREAT prices...do some research!

116 out of 132 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No