Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 8/24/2010 5:34:00 AM

To start, I have somewhat thick hair thats naturally poofy and frizzy after a shower. I use this product on my damp hair. So far, I can only say that my hair looks the same. Sure it makes it shiny and somewhat softer but overall when I style my hair whether it's flat ironed or let out naturally, my hair looks like it did before I used this product. It just gives you that look like any of those shine spray/serums does. Sometimes I feel like I can achieve the same "healthy" or "shiny" look with cheaper products. The thing I like about it is that it does absorb quickly into your hair. Luckily I bought a small sized bottle because I'm still uncertain if this is one of those overly advertised and hyped up products. I'll use it for a little longer and see the result then. I suggest trying it out before actually buying the whole thing, everyone's hair is different. Oh, and the smell... it's not bad but I personally don't think I like it too much either. It has sort of a musky/candle-like/organic/like those ethnic hair product scent. That did not make sense but hope you'll understand ._."

on 8/23/2010 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVEEE this product. After years of experimentation its in my extremely streamlined HG routine. I buy the small size, it last a very long time. I spray my fine long hair with Elnett and then put my palm on the top of the moroccan oil bottole, tip the moroccan oil upside down and right side up and use what is on my palm. Rub palms together and rub on length of hair. Blow dry and repeat Moroccan oil process.My hair is shiny, layers look great, and very smooth. Perfect!!!

on 8/23/2010 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I never got past the smell. I was expecting a musky, organic smell based on the reviews. Instead, it smells EXACTLY like the FDS Feminine Deoderant Spray everyone used in the 80s. I mean, exactly like it. Wretched.

on 8/20/2010 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love Moroccanoil because it makes my hair super soft and feel so healthy.But I also don't like it because it doesn't make my hair shiny at all and it's too pricey. I bought the small bottle, it was $17 just for 0.85oz of oil. It's too darn expensive. But i'm planning to purchase it again just because I haven't found anything better for my hair.

on 8/19/2010 6:31:00 AM

OK. I had heard rave reviews about this product from all places so I bought the 100ml without trying a sample. What a mistake! This product is just silicone and fragrance! It did absolutely nothing for my hair apart from a little bit of shine but I already have products for that (which are far better.) I like the fragrance. That's about it. Don't waste your money on HYPE girls! If you want a product to smooth, soften and add shine try aveda style-prep smoother which is a FAR better product!

on 8/18/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Moroccan Oil has changed my life. Okay - maybe that's a bit of hyperbole but I LOVE this stuff. I have thick, coarse hair that is prone to frizz. From the first time my hairstylist used this on me, I was "sold". I've since got several friends hooked on it too. It's made such a difference for me that I rarely even bother using conditioner any more! My stylist is a sweetie - she picks this stuff up for her clients from the beauty supply and passes them along to us at her cost. But even at full price, Moroccan Oil would be worth it to me because it gives me the sort of hair I've always wanted - shiny, soft, non-frizzy.

on 8/16/2010 8:18:00 PM

I first received this as a sample from the salon. The tiny sample bottle lasted me at LEAST 6 months with about once a week use. You don't need much, and it is really easy to spill. I purchased the full size bottle about a year after finishing the sample... it took a long time to convince myself it was worth the price. But knowing how long it will last and how nice it leaves my curly, frizz prone hair finally made me decide to go for it. It truly helps keep frizz at bay, even in humid Michigan summers. I tend to use this only on days when I straighten my hair, as I have read warnings about break outs.

on 8/16/2010 12:15:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have really long, really curly hair that I straighten a lot. I don't normally have frizz anyways, but this just makes my hair soft and shiny when I blow-dry it straight. I feel like it contributes to straightening my hair. I just rub a dime size amount through the ends of my towel dried hair and then add some Redkens blow-dry lotion and I can dry my hair in 19 min!!! (that is a super short time, lol, my hair is almost at my waist and super curly- so I feel like this product helps cut down on drying time)

The cons are that the medium size bottle doesn't have a pump and it can get messy trying to pour out an amount. As well, the price is quite high, but since I only wash and dry my hair twice a week product tends to last a while. Either way though, I think the price is worth it since I have not found a comparable product, this is different and way better than biosilk or frizzease.

on 8/16/2010 10:09:00 AM

This product is way over priced. I thought it would make my hair less frizzy, but it doesn't really do anything, except make my hair 'feel' a little smoother. And I put a TON in. It would probably make a nice smoother after a blowout, also, the bottle makes for horrible application. Huge spill risk.....

This is a miracle worker on my hair. I have thin, wavy, fine hair that is prone to breakage and split ends. A tiny bit of this product on the ends of my hair makes all the difference in the world. I shower at night, and why I style my dried hair in the morning it's softer, shinier, and bouncier. I highly recommend.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products