September 2, 2014 | 1171 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by AirportHilton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolute crap. Not only did it make my hair stringy and greasy, but it also broke me out while irritating my eyes. Money down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by tuttbag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

makes hair super soft and shiny and it smells amazingg but it kind of broke my heart when i had to spend $40 on it

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kjbbmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Moroccan Oil is supposed to harness the amazing benefits of Argan Oil.
So why are the second and third ingredients Dimethicone & Cyclomethicone (silicone oils) while Argan Oil is the SIXTH. I hate to be a spoiled sport but all this hype about Moroccan Oil being an effective natural product is Bull-poop.
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.

Silicone oil is a standard ingredient for hair smoothing, frizz fighting, shine enhancing products. It's also the main ingredient in many drugstore hair smoothing formulas (FrizzEase)...so why the hefty price ($40) for Moroccan Oil? And while it lists Argan Oil as an ingredient, it is less than 2% of the overall ingredients -- only slightly more than the fragrance and artificial colorings.

The real issue here is how much benefit are you getting from a product that is actually a cosmetic fix. I agree, it will make the hair "appear" smoother and frizz-free, but it also prevents nutrients and moisture from entering the hair shaft and scalp because it's been coated with synthetic oils. The silicone builds up and becomes increasingly harder to remove with just standard shampooing. This buildup eventually repels needed moisture and nutrients (from your conditioner), clogs the pores in the scalp, eventually strangles the hair follicle and makes it fall out...NEVER to grow back again.
People rave about organic argan oil because it's the "real thing", but this company irks me because they are exploiting people's trust.

By the way, the reason no bunnies had to die for their product is because they only used ingredients that had been PREVIUOSLY TESTED...the bunnies already died at some other company's expense. Not an unusual practice and it's employed by many "socially conscious" company's so they can make the blessed "no animal testing" claim. Sorry, but this kind of deceptive marketing is shady, misleading and bugs the daylights out of me ( translation: pisses me off BIG time!).

Want the benefits of Argan Oil? Then use REAL Argan Oil and enjoy the actual benefits. There are a number of highly reputable internet resources for organic, cosmetic grade Argan Oil at GREAT prices...do some research!

115 out of 131 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

I really love this product. Makes my hair shiny and moisturised.I have dry bits in my hair due to recently highlighting my hair. This makes such a difference. The product does not make your hair oily at all (presuming you are using the right amount). I have really long hair and I only need less than a size of a penny.So a little goes a long way- its a bit expensive to start of with, but its worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by nicolekinney

I tried a small bottle of this product and only used it once a week, so I thought that it doing my hair good as it did make my hair shiny. I went to get my hair colored and cut my stylist couldn't believe how damaged my hair was. I usually blow dry and straighten but haven't done so in about 2 wks. We did a conditioning treatment before applying color and after and my hair still feels like straw. I always take excellent care of my hair and have been going to this stylist for 8 years and even when I was all bleached out my hair didn't feel like this. The only thing I can attribute this to is this product. Try a small bottle daily or every other day before you purchase, it might ruin your hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DIdn't do anything for me when I blew out my hair. I continued to use it for the heat protection aspect of it, but I just can't get behind the buzz on this product. It wasn't easier to do my hair, it wasn't smoother, certainly didn't reduce frizz or keep it at bay. Glass bottle also don't generally bother me but this is just an accident waiting to happen!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by peaceology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with Moroccan Oil! I have extremely thick, curly hair which I like to wear wavy (like Kim Kardashian) and this product allows me to do so. It is the ONLY thing I use in my hair now, when I used to have to use 5+ products to get the same effect. I love moroccan oil, I recommend it to anyone with thick, frizz prone hair. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by diorcheriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is hella expensive but I must say, I love it. Obsessed with it even. My hair is shiny and frizz-free after use. I put it on damp hair, then later rub a bit on dry ends and my hair looks like I got it blown out. The only bad thing about the product is the price. It is incredibly expensive! But I love it anyways. It is the best hair product I have ever used!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first tried this oil I couldn't stop raving about it. My hair was silky, soft and manageable.

After about 3 uses I started to notice that my hair was frizzy, dry, looked oily which is a major feat in itself as I have very dry hair and was unmanageable. It was like I had gone from one extreme to another.

I have waist length curly hair and found I was having to wash more often.

Continued use for about a month my hair became dull and dry and when I applied Moroccan oil it looked greasy and lifeless.

I stopped using it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by rockkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I really didn't want to like this product, especially since I'm a stylist at an Aveda salon! However, already having thick, medium/coarse hair, and after going from almost black hair to flaming red (which took two 35-volume bleach-and-tones), my hair needed some rescuing that I simply wasn't getting from Aveda products. My friend raved about this stuff and it's only about 7 bucks for the small bottle at Industry Source (professional salon supplier) so I figured I'd try it out.

I use it when my hair is damp, not soaking wet. I finger dry with the dryer until hair is about 60-70% dry then apply the product evenly from midlengths to ends, then finish styling with a round brush. You would never know how damaged my hair is! It looks glossy, shiny, and amazingly healthy without being greasy or weighed down.

I also use the hair mask, which I'll write a review for soon.

I forgot to mention that, while it's not its main selling point for me, I do love the smell of this product (as does my boyfriend, which is unusual).