BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 1/5/2012 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

A good matte bronzer is hard to find......
I am in love with this bronzer I use it warm up my complexion especially if my foundation looks ashy around my mouth etc where I have pigmentation.
This was 24 well spent.
Try it you'll love it.

Pro's
-Warms up the complexion
-easy to blend
-natural looking

Cons
-Packaging looks tatty after a few uses.
-Price.

I had been using the Bourjois "chocolate" bronzer until I recieved this in the BeneFit Boxing Day set. I have to say I MUCH prefer this. I love the fact that this is not shimmer or sparkly and when blended looks completely natural. I don't know how I have survived without this for so long. I especially love the brush that comes with this bronzer as it's the perfect size for application. I would highly reccomend.

on 12/28/2011 9:28:00 PM

I will have a review/tutorial with this product on my youtube channel(tommygirls07)<--------don't forget the s<3 ASAP so check it out and tell me what you think.AHHHHH! This stuff is completely amazinnggggggggg! OMG I bought this at Sephora for $28 about a week ago and it is the best cosmetic purchase I have ever made. It is completely incredible and it is totally matte which I love. Also, it makes a huge difference and you'll recieve lots of complements if you have it on. PS I know some people have said it makes you look muddy, I completely disagree. I recommend applying it with a big fluffy kabuki instead of the skinny little brush it comes with, makes a huge difference.

on 12/28/2011 5:52:00 PM

This is the only bronzer I would consider using. I love the colour as it can be made as light or as deep as you want. I do not use the brush with which it came as I think it leads to streaks. I use a MAC powder brush to apply it. The packaging now though is starting to come apart with the top splitting at the sides and the metal insert in which the powder is set is starting to come out of the box. I find that this bronzer is especially great because it can be worn with or without foundation/blusher. The price is a little expensive I think at 33euros but it does last a very long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who is very pale with neutral undertones, this product is perfect for me. It isn't too dark or too orange. I love that it is completely matte. I can use it to contour my cheeks and nose, or as an overall color supplement to my natural skin tone to get a nice, healthy-looking glow without looking glittery or shimmery. The only thing I'm not that big a fan of is the packaging. It is cheap cardboard. The mirrored top with the brush is rather heavy, so when you have less than half the product left, I found that it would tip backward instead of staying flat on the table, forcing me to remove the brush from the lid. Not that big of a deal, I know, but I had to find something negative to say about the product. Besides that, I love this and definitely recommend it to other fair-skinned ladies and gents.

on 12/27/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best contour/ bronzer I've ever had the pleasure of using. After coming to the sad realization that my previous bronzer made me look like an Oompa L, *NYC Sunny*, I embarked on my hunt for a neutral contour/bronzer powder. Did some research, strolled around Sephora for an unreasonable amount of time, and settled on Hoola. The price is slightly off putting, but when I remember that good contour can take 5 pounds off the face, into the shopping cart it goes. It's super pigmented and one box lasts a long long time. Doubles as my contour powder because it's matte lasts all day. I've had a little problem with the packaging when the sharp edges on the lid would dig into the product when I close it incorrectly, but that's the only qualm that I have with it. Haven't found a dupe yet, so I'll keep repurchasing... Until I do.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my current contour powder and I love it because it is very neutral and it isn't too warm, until other bronzers that tend to look too orange on me. When I first tried this out, I wasn't sure if it would even show up on my skin, but after a couple of tries, I noticed that using the brush on its side and sweeping it directly on my cheekbones as opposed to under it, and a bit on top of my blush gives me the perfect contour and application. Apart from the brush that comes with this, which, may I just add, is as soft as ever and can surprisingly do the work fine, I like using a small tapered blush brush, similar to ELF's blush brush to contour my cheeks and temples. Since this is perfectly matte, I find that this also works well in contouring your nose and jawline without making it look too obvious. Again, a little goes a long, long, way, and it did take me a couple of tries to finally make this product work, because it is very pigmented. It may seem like a lot of money, but I find that this is well worth the money (even though from past reviews, I heard that Benefit sadly cut back on the amount of product without lowering the price) and will repurchase after using this one up, but I doubt that will happen any time soon. :) Highly recommend you guys check this out!

on 12/18/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i got the sample size in the "tan about tan" kit from sephora.

the sample version has very cheap packaging, it's in a plastic box! difficult to open, sometimes too. but the product is AMAZING. very good pigmentation, lasts all day, and gives a natural look. my mac shade is nw25 so i have fair/medium skin. once i run out i will purchase the full size. :)

on 12/16/2011 7:26:00 PM

I use it every day, all year round. It has the perfect colour, pigmentation and lasted me almost two years. Def a holy grail item :)

on 12/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My ALL TIME favorite bronzer!!!!! I love love love Hoola, one of the best products that has ever come out of Benefit!
Why i love Hoola - the bronzing is oh so natural. it's matte and of just the right shade for shading. i use bronzers as a face shaper - to give illusion of a slimmer face. for this purpose, i really can't use shimmery bronzers.
i own more than a dozen different bronzers- all of them collected thru impulse shopping at Sephora....and only Hoola i actually manage to finish and replenish. Nowadays i tend to save Hoola for special occasions and try to use my other dozen plus bronzers..

Popular Bronzers