BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

on 1/17/2012 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using a sample of this bronzer for the past week and I have to say that like Dandelion, I found Hoola to be very sheer and not very pigmented. If other bronzers are too orange or brown on you (I.e. if you're very pale), then this may be the bronzer for you. For the rest of us, Hoola will take a lot of layering to show up.

on 1/9/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to like this product, and when I bought it at sephora,I thought I did. However now that I've been using it daily, it just does nothing for me. It DOES NOT show up on my skin at all! I have to cake it on to see just a slight bronze. I think it's probably a great bronzer for fair skin. I do like the fact that it's matte, and goes on very smooth. Guess I'm still on the hunt for a non orangey, non shimmery bronzer :(

on 1/9/2012 12:50:00 AM

beautiful, natural looking bronzer. I highly reccomend it

on 1/6/2012 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the most natural-looking bronzer I've come across. I prefer it to Harmony by MAC for contouring; it has a good grey-undertone which is desirable for a natural contour. It looks great in photos. Don't think it gets better than this, in terms of the product itself.

Very disappointed about the company's choice about keeping the price the same despite the downsize in amount of product you receive - that's just greediness. But they will charge what they do as long as they can -- until someone else comes out with something competitive.

PRICE: The price is outrageous; it's nearly $36 in Canadian dollars.

PACKAGING: Also, the packaging could be more clever. The brush that comes with it could have its own dedicated compartment. The handle scrapes at the powder and is awkward to grab. Why is this acceptable for a $36 product? Ay me!

I will be looking for a product of equal-quality but with better pricing.

on 1/5/2012 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

A good matte bronzer is hard to find......
I am in love with this bronzer I use it warm up my complexion especially if my foundation looks ashy around my mouth etc where I have pigmentation.
This was 24 well spent.
Try it you'll love it.

-Warms up the complexion
-easy to blend
-natural looking

-Packaging looks tatty after a few uses.

I had been using the Bourjois "chocolate" bronzer until I recieved this in the BeneFit Boxing Day set. I have to say I MUCH prefer this. I love the fact that this is not shimmer or sparkly and when blended looks completely natural. I don't know how I have survived without this for so long. I especially love the brush that comes with this bronzer as it's the perfect size for application. I would highly reccomend.

on 12/28/2011 9:28:00 PM

I will have a review/tutorial with this product on my youtube channel(tommygirls07)<--------don't forget the s<3 ASAP so check it out and tell me what you think.AHHHHH! This stuff is completely amazinnggggggggg! OMG I bought this at Sephora for $28 about a week ago and it is the best cosmetic purchase I have ever made. It is completely incredible and it is totally matte which I love. Also, it makes a huge difference and you'll recieve lots of complements if you have it on. PS I know some people have said it makes you look muddy, I completely disagree. I recommend applying it with a big fluffy kabuki instead of the skinny little brush it comes with, makes a huge difference.

on 12/28/2011 5:52:00 PM

This is the only bronzer I would consider using. I love the colour as it can be made as light or as deep as you want. I do not use the brush with which it came as I think it leads to streaks. I use a MAC powder brush to apply it. The packaging now though is starting to come apart with the top splitting at the sides and the metal insert in which the powder is set is starting to come out of the box. I find that this bronzer is especially great because it can be worn with or without foundation/blusher. The price is a little expensive I think at 33euros but it does last a very long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who is very pale with neutral undertones, this product is perfect for me. It isn't too dark or too orange. I love that it is completely matte. I can use it to contour my cheeks and nose, or as an overall color supplement to my natural skin tone to get a nice, healthy-looking glow without looking glittery or shimmery. The only thing I'm not that big a fan of is the packaging. It is cheap cardboard. The mirrored top with the brush is rather heavy, so when you have less than half the product left, I found that it would tip backward instead of staying flat on the table, forcing me to remove the brush from the lid. Not that big of a deal, I know, but I had to find something negative to say about the product. Besides that, I love this and definitely recommend it to other fair-skinned ladies and gents.

on 12/27/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The best contour/ bronzer I've ever had the pleasure of using. After coming to the sad realization that my previous bronzer made me look like an Oompa L, *NYC Sunny*, I embarked on my hunt for a neutral contour/bronzer powder. Did some research, strolled around Sephora for an unreasonable amount of time, and settled on Hoola. The price is slightly off putting, but when I remember that good contour can take 5 pounds off the face, into the shopping cart it goes. It's super pigmented and one box lasts a long long time. Doubles as my contour powder because it's matte lasts all day. I've had a little problem with the packaging when the sharp edges on the lid would dig into the product when I close it incorrectly, but that's the only qualm that I have with it. Haven't found a dupe yet, so I'll keep repurchasing... Until I do.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products