August 30, 2014 | 1638 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by APRiLlovesJUiCY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I finally found my HG foundation! This foundation is lightweight with medium, but buildable coverage. It's very easy to blend and it delivers a nice satin, natural-looking finish. You can layer on if you desire more coverage and it will still look natural and not cakey at all. I recommend applying this foundation with Sephora's Air Brush #55. Your skin will look amazing! I like to set this foundation with MUFE HD Microfinish Powder for a nice soft finish.

I will definitely repurchase this foundation! No irritation, no breakouts! Very light and natural looking! Definitely my HG foundation! I highly recommend this product!

*UPDATE: Unfortunately, this product ended up not working for me. It looked great once applied, but a couple hours later, it made my complexion look tired, dull, and sickly. It accentuated dry areas, causing flakey patches on my skin. I really wanted to like this, and I did love it at one point, however, this just isn't for me and I will not repurchase. I think this would look great on normal, near-perfect skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I like this ok, I loved the texture and the cool feeling when I apply it on. However I thought it would photograph nicely in the daytime covering my acne scars but I would need to buy a concealer to make this foundation work. I don't think I would purchase because the purpose of me using foundation is to look nice in photos and this doesn't cover as well as I hoped it would. Back to searching for my HG.

Packaging is horrible no pump so you have to pour it out on your hand or a palette in order to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a truly amazing foundation! I am very fair with sensitive, combo (leaning towards oily) skin, and I am in love with MUFE Face&Body foundation. The texture is gel-like, the scent is unremarkable. The coverage is medium but buildable, and the finish is natural/satin. This wears well alone, but best applied with a foundation brush, layered with primer (Avon MagiX), setting spray (MUFE Mist+Fix) and loose powder (Merle Norman Translucent Loose Powder), as I am in Florida. When I first started wearing this, I got so many compliments on how healthy my skin looked. I am NW15 in MAC foundations, and I wear shade 20 in this product. My only complaint is the price, as $38 is almost double what I am used to paying for foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Katty

I wear this foundation in 20 (one of the lightest shades) and I have oily/combination skin. I have some redness and acne scars that I like to cover.
I hate the feel of foundation and based on the raves on MUA, I purchased this with my Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points (almost free!!). I believe it was about $42.00 plus taxes for 50ml. I purchased this bottle in November and I am now halfway through it.
I love the way is goes on; it is a very unique consistency. Many on MUA describe it as gel-like and I agree. It is so light on my skin and I can't feel or see that I am wearing foundation. I would consider this foundation to provide light to medium coverage.
An excellent product that I will continue to purchase and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by chivis22juan

i am impressed, this foundation is almost perfect. i dont need full coverage, but i need to even my skin tone and cover some small sun spots and broken capillaries in my nose. i love this foundation cause it covers all that but i looks like real skin, it is the no makeup look. what i really love and is difficult to find is that is dosnt settle in my pores, actually they look smaller! i think it is due to the silicone. i apply with fingers, that is the only thing i dont like cause i love using brushes. but this foundation was created for finger application, it has to be rubbed in and heated

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by whoshore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the bottle, this foundation looked really dark and I thought there was no way it was going to work on my skin even though the color was, in theory, a match for my skin. And match it did, because this foundation is so light and gel-like. I was in the market for a liquid foundation that would be light and easy on the skin on days I didn't want to bother with mineral make-up, and this is it. If you are looking for heavier coverage, this is not for you. If you want something that evens out the skin tone and covers minor flaws while looking very natural, this is it. You also get a lot of makeup in the bottle, and considering how little you really need to use, this is also a good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ssoyvey

HG Foundation found at last!!! YES!!! After spending the past 24 years searching for "the one" I have found flawless coverage at last! I have been using this for a year now and I am halfway through the second bottle (used generously daily)... I don't mind the price because I would pay anything for the look this gives me. I am 36 and my skin looks fresher and younger than ever from using this!! Provides a nearly invisible yet completely evening appearance....a bit of a dewey finish for me which always happens to me from my moisturizer but I counteract throughout the day with light applications of pressed powders when necessary. Simple, clean to use... I quickly applywith my fingers and it is just beautiful!! Believe me. I have tried every product on the market and many top lines... this is hands down the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by n33rja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update: So this foundation broke me out ...I will still use it maybe ONCE in a while but will not wear it daily.

Love this foundation!! I have horrible skiin and i'm one of those foundation junkies who has tried like a dozennn foundation just to try and make my skin look a little "acceptable". i had high hopes for so many foundation but they just let me down so i was in desperate need of something that will make my skin look normal. and i must say MUFE face and body does that and more! im so happy to have found this. i need medium to full coverage but a lotta reviews said that its sheer coverage so I kinda hesitated but I decided to give it a try one time in Sephora and asked for a sample. i had done my own research online so I kinda knew which shades would be closest to my skintone. i got number 34 and number 6. I'm NC 37-40 so #6 was a bit too dark but somehow this foundation blends right into skin and you can't really tell much of a difference but i could see it anyway. it's very adaptable to a lot of skintones! i could tell the tone of #6 did not match that well with my very yellow golden undertones so i tried 34 which was visibly yellower. it's still not THAT yellow but it's almost perfect! the consistency is kinda weird, like a blob but it really doesn't affect my love for this foundation. :) i have moderate acne and this foundation did very well to conceal some and blur out the other! i applied it with my fingers slowly in a circular motion to a small area and work my way on my whole face. you need much AT ALL! i just dip my clean finger in (i have the sample jar) and your finger only gets wet, you don't pick up much product at all but thats still enough to cover half of one cheek. if i need more coverage, I let that area dry for 2-3 min and then repeat again. this foundation looks sooo natural which amazes me because i have used so many without EVER attaining the natural "better" skin. i absolutelyyy looooooove this foundation and will be running to sephora this weekend to grab the full size :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by PurpleModel

-VERY natural. looks like skin. weird gel consistency , but when dries, looks like skin. i apply with foundation brush and wait for it to dry. I wear it on days where my skin isnt that bad. I like it. it looks like i'm wearing nothing. I also have tried over 30 foundations in the past few years, from drug store: revlon, maybelline, to higher end: dior, bE, tarte, bobbi brown, lancome, clinique, estee lauder, shisheido, mac, - and i've tried many foundations per company brand. I have to say I love makeup forever!!! i have their HD too and I dont knwo why that got lower ratings, probably bc of their pricing, but that is very natural as well. This one is more dewy though. This one can be used on the body as well, but i had trouble covering some dark spots on my body. However, it still works well. =] It seems expensive: 38 dollars for 1.67 oz, not 1 oz. so if u do the calculation, its about almost 23 dollars for a regular size foundation like clinique or something- so not too BAD!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: dropping my rating to a 3 because i'm certain this was clogging my pores. I have ridiculously clog-prone skin, though, so don't be dismayed if you don't. Sadness, because it really is a great finish.

What can I add about this foundation that hasn't been said already? Probably nothing, so this is mostly just a concurrence with the majority opinion (sorry, law school has hijacked my vocabulary and manner of speaking). In any case, I agree that it is light, wonderfully natural looking, doesn't cause me any skin problems, and wears well. I am definitely sold.

Downsides include the texture and difficulties involved with applying it -- as others have mentioned at length -- and its lack of sunscreen. Also, I ended up buying #38, which is honestly a bit too light, but 20 was too dark and 36 was way pink. So that's another gripe. However, none of my (very minor) issues with this foundation detract from my overall opinion that it is really fabulous(!)