October 1, 2014 | 2013 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Velma58

This is a fantastic daily moisturizer. Doesn't feel tacky and soaks into skin very quickly. It actually lasts all through the day and doesn't clog pores. This moisturizer is great after you shave as well. I used to use Burt's Bee's lotions, and Aveeno has them beat hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 4:11:00 PM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best lotion I've used! I only use it for my hands though. I have very very dry hands. Especially in the winter, my hands get dry, ashy, cracked, and sometimes bleed from the cracked skin. Before I used to use Neutrogena Hand Creme, but that one was too thick and sticky (it left an awful feeling on my hands). But then I started using Aveeno. OMG, within a couple of days, my hands were smooth and soft. The lotion didnt leave a sticky or greasy feeling, just soft and fresh. And, during the wonter, my hands didnt get cracked or ashy at all! It was the first winter where my hands were smooth. I LOVE this lotion!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ssnowkelly

I live in upstate NY and have really bad winter itchy skin. My doctor recommended this lotion and it is by far the best one I have ever used for helping my dry itchy skin. I used to scratch my skin so much it would bleed in the winter but since I have used this lotion (about 3 years) I have not had a problem. I do not find the scent offensive at all and it doesn't interfere with my perfumes etc. . Also I like that it is not at all greasy or sticky, it is very natural feeling. I would highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by AnApologyFromEllenOlenska

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't get the negative reviews. This is a good lotion, and I HATE lotion in general (yep I sweat like a pig). Seriously. This is the only stuff that ever touches certain of my body parts on those rare instances when lotion is needed--like sub-freezing temps from mid-January to mid-February. I do keep a bottle on my desk and on my nightstand and apply it to slightly damp hands twice a day--that's all I need to keep my hands in decent shape. I find it soaks in quickly and isn't greasy; that's the whole reason I've stuck with it for 3+ years. As for all the comments on the smell. . . what smell? It says "Fragrance Free" on the bottle, and from what my nose tells me, it IS fragrance free. If you want pretty-smelling stuff (not to mention greasy lotions), go to VS or The Body Shop or Bath & Body Works.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

It has a terrible smell to it like oatmeal mixed with hot plastic. If your bothered about what you smell like when you go outdoors don't use this product. Also the oatmeal in it broke rme out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

Not really all that impressed. It does have a strange scent, which I would describe as being "industrial oatmeal". I normally don't take issue with lotions that take a little longer to sink in (curel), however I have to say that this product does not sink in at all! It leaves you feeling greasy and sticky. Thankfully, on me it lasted a mere 5 hours (the bottle claims 24 hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 8:33:00 PM More reviews by petitchou

I love this lotion. I have super sensitive skin (prone to eczema) that reacts poorly to most lotions out there (either i break out in ezcema or acne). I have been using this every day for years right after getting out of the shower and in conjunction with exfoliating once or twice a week my skin feels like silk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got hives or a rash from some other product while on vacation-- my back was incredibly itchy and dry. My mother let me borrow this for a couple of days and it took care of the problem! I bought a tube for myself along with the body wash, just in case the reaction was caused by the sample of Dove body wash I was using. It moisturizes really nicely and I can see using this on my face in the winter because dimethicone is a great skin protectant. I'm not 100% sure Aveeno kept the quality of their older oatmeal lotions, which I think had more colloidal oatmeal, but for some reason this worked well. EDITED TO ADD: years later, this is the only lotion I'll use. I suffer from flaky dry skin on my legs and arms in the winter, and this lotion really works to prevent it. by far the best drugstore lotion!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff was just okay for me. I have combination skin on my face, but severly dry skin on my body. This was a good lightly moisturizing lotion, but it didn't quite give me the amount of moisture I needed. This product had no added fragrance, so I could use perfume, scented lotion, or body spray overtop it without any problems. I liked the fact that it did not have a greasy texture. The packaging was very simple, convienient, and easy-to-use. I'm still on the hunt for my favorite fragrance-free body lotion that leaves my skin moisturized, protected, and nourished without being greasy, oily, heavy, or sticky. I would reccomend this to people who need moisture , but don't have severly dry skin like I do. A nice, affordable product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by cnugent

I love this lotion. i am picky about my face products but i will use this on my face often because I know it will moisturize and soothe without doing anything bad.. It is just the perfect moisture moisturizer, no quirks.