October 25, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bathgirl803

This is actually my first Burt's Bee lip balm. I got a travel kit and this lip balm came with the kit. It gives you a little tint of color and makes your lip look healthy. I like the smell of it,too. I like the texture of it. But I took one lippie off because it is certainly not the most moiturizing lip balm I've tried. It's good to have one in the purse when you go out, but at the same time would keep looking for more moisturizing lip balm. Would repurchase because I like the smell a lot and it's smooth to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it seemed a little more exotic than the classic Burt's Bees. I assumed it had the same quality that I've grown to expect from Burt's Bees, but when I tried it, I was disappointed. It does not smell/taste good, and the consistency is chunky. It also has a sheer tint, which although may look good on some people, it looks unnatural on me. More importantly, it does not soothe my dry lips.

This lip balm is iffy, and I wouldn't suggest it to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really want to love this product b/c it's all natural and fairly cheap, but it's just meh. It looks really pretty on my lips, it gives them just a hint of color and shine that looks so natural, but it doesn't really do a good job of moisturizing and it absorbs into my lips so quickly. The taste is a little weird, not exactly appealing, but not bad enough to stop me from using it. I'd love to find a cheap natural moisturizer that does a good job at keeping my lips soft. I think I'll try either Chapstick Naturals lip butter or Weleda Everon lip balm next.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jordella

First ever Burt's Bees disapointment, Every product I've tried by Burt's Bees so far, I've loved... but this.
The smell does smell like pomegrante, but because it is SO CRAZILY strong, it's kinda foul!
The tint it leaves on your lips is nice... at first, but I'm the kinda person who puts a few layers of lip balm on, after 2, the colour looks really un-natural.
It DOES NOT moisturize at all! My lips were actually more dried out after I applied it then before.

My Mom tried it too, and she does not like it either, and she likes pretty much everything!

So, if your at the store and see somebody buying this product, you'll know it will most definatley not be me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by abercrombieqt55

Cannot live without this!!!! My lips get so dry from climate, medication, and exercise, and this is the only chapstick/lip balm that actually keeps them from being dried out. Smells great, gives me smooth lips, perfect (very slight) tint, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this. First off- it has a really pretty pink-red tint when you apply it onto your lips. Second, I love the smell so much, at first I didn't really care for it but then I just started opening up my lip balm just to smell it- it smells like spring or summer in a lip balm- I just love that. Third, the ingredients are pretty close to 100% natural. Fourth, you get a lot of lip balm although it is a little expensive for a lip balm ($6 CAD). Fifth, the packaging is so adorable which makes me just love whipping this out. The only downside I can think of with this is that it's not that moisturizing for a lip balm and doesn't seem to be making my lips any better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by janeway88

This is by far my favorite chapstick - and that's coming from a chapstick junkie. It's only downside is that there is no SPF. But other than that, it smells wonderful, gives you just a hint of color that is universally flattering (but not enough that you have to worry about applying it liberally). It also lasts longer than any other lip balm I've owned and is super moisturizing.
Definitely worth the slightly-more-than-I'd-like-to-pay-for-just-chapstick price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ZOONZOON

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love it. Northern Ontario winters are notorious for causing non-kissable pouts. Nothing really seemed to help me before, and a lot of well-known products made for chapped lips would tend to make the situation worse. This made my lips smooth within 2 days (which is unheard of in this climate LOL) and I really love the smell. Even my husband uses it now, and it works the same for him.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by colettaaa

i prefer this balm to the original. it has many moisturizing ingredients while still extremely natural. the texture is smoother than the original but the staying power is the same. the best part about this balm is the color! i love the very subtle berry-ish tint and when i apply it about 3 times it truly gives my lips that cliche "i sucked on a cherry popsicle" look that u can get without the dryness of lipstains/lipsticks. the tube lasts for about a year which is great. the smell is ok to me, not bad, but not that great. but with the amount of product you get for about $3 its worth your money :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by missymeg261

I know people who swear by Burt's Bees. I decided to try some. I guess I do understand why people like this so much. The packaging is really cute and the product is like 99.9% natural or something like that. The product itself is red and smells UNBELIEVABLE--a plant-like and fruity smell. Some people may not like it though. Yesterday when I got in the car, my mom was like "what perfume are you wearing?" I wasn't wearing anything, and explained to her that it was the lip balm I had on. Sometimes I open it just to smell it(lol). The reason why I gave it such a low rating is the amount of moisture it gives. When you first put it on, it feels really nice on your lips--moist and oily. Within a few minutes, however, it comes off and you need some more product. I think sometimes it makes my lips even drier!! I much prefer Chapstick brand. The best use for this product is a base for lip stick or lip gloss.