Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 3/7/2009 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is by far my favorite lip balm, the fact that its natural and DOES NOT TEST ON ANIMALS make me love the product even more....it has a light tint of red which brightens and also moisturizes my lips,,has a great smell too!.will repurchase!

As for it's performance as a lip balm, this stuff was good for me. It went on smoothly, moisturized nicely, and lasted. However, I totally agree that it smells (and I guess tastes?) like a citronella candle. This is not a slight scent either, it's an attack on the nose! I should've listened to the reviews, but the store I went to had every kind of Burt's Bees Lip Balm, except the original balm stick >=/ I strongly advise against buying this pomegranate one...get the original instead!

on 3/3/2009 9:23:00 PM

This smells like chinese medicine. I don't really like that smell. The staying power is very short. I have to apply it every 15 minutes. It goes on smooth, but it doesn't moisturize enough. I like that it gives a hint of color to my lips. Not too red, just enough color. It costs about 4$ CAN which is reasonnable for a lip balm. Another thing that I don't like is that it kind of fall apart and sometimes I get little pieces on my lips.
EDIT : I hate this stuff !!! It kind of burn my lips !! It dries my lips so much.

on 3/3/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It smells very good. Not as waxy as the regular Burt's Bees lip balm. It looks like a reddish/plummy color in the tube but on the lips, it goes on slightly tinted.

on 3/3/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I saw this on clearance at Target and I decided to try it. I am glad I did. It gives a hint of color and makes my lips pretty soft. I think of it as a sub. for Chapstick, just a little more adult and pretty. It is also nice over a lipstick to make it a little shinier.

on 3/2/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has to be my favorite lip balm i have, i've tried about every chapstick/ lip balm out on the market, and for me this is by far the best. I have friends that don't think it's that great, and other's that hate it, but for my lips it's heaven. I have about 5 of these laying around, in each car, and in my main purses, it's a must have. My lips are naturally very pigmented so the color doesn't exactly show up, but its nice to know its there, the smell actually smells really good to me, but i can see how to others it may be mehhh. Overall, i Love this product, and the best thing about it? If you put it on under a lipgloss, the staying power of the lipgloss improves, and the overall finish is amazing.

on 3/2/2009 11:46:00 PM

I love this stuff I have one for every purse I carry.

on 3/2/2009 10:35:00 PM

I love this lip balm. It gives my lips a nice tint that enhances my lip color and moisturizes nicely. I use it every day and haven't gotten sick of it yet. I don't find the smell to be that strong or unpleasant, but I can smell the pomegranate slightly.

on 3/2/2009 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this from walmart for about 3 bucks. I have heard so much about burts bees that I was excited to try it out. I don't mind the smell so much and it is slightly tinted but to me, it does not moisturize enough. The formula doesn't go on smoothly and I feel like i have to reapply after a couple hours. I have the regular burts bees but haven't tried it yet. Maybe that one will be better.

on 3/2/2009 9:03:00 PM

I have never tried any Burts Bees lip balms before so when I saw this one on sale at Target for $1.50, I was really excited for I've heard great things about Burt's Bees lip balms. Well, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this lip balm!!! It's so moisturizing, glides so smoothly onto my lips, and it stays on to moisturize for a long time. I also love the very, very, very slight tint that this lip balm gives. It's hardly noticeable - but I do have naturally pigmented lips so maybe that's why - but I love it! I will go back and stock up on this balm for sure! I think I might want to try out the regular Burts Bees balm too now. :)

Popular Lip Treatments