November 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:52:00 AM More reviews by kettyserene

This lip balm isn't as nice as the original peppermint kind because it doesn't apply as easily as the other and there's no minty tingle. I do like the pomegranate smell though (although other reviewers hate it) and it makes me feel good having pomegranate in my lip balm because I love pomegranates.

I didn't expect the balm to be red...and it is red, so yes, don't apply too much or your lips will be all funny colored.

I would buy this again because I just love burt's bees and I love pomegranates, and this product is still better than most lip balms out there. I like to alternate it with the original peppermint balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cullenette

This is my favorite lip balm out of all that I've tried, even the Beeswax Lip Balm. At first I hated the smell but after a while it really grew on me. This product is super moisturizing, keeping my lips very soft even through New England winters. It also give your lips a shiny reddish tint that is very flattering. Definetly give this one a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by AznSensation

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lip balm leaves a nice sheer reddish tint, and it moisturizes decently, but that's pretty much all that is good about it. Unlike the original peppermint kind, the pomegranate version doesn't apply smoothly, and the smell is horrid. It reminds me of citronella candles..ugh.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by bathgirl803

This is actually my first Burt's Bee lip balm. I got a travel kit and this lip balm came with the kit. It gives you a little tint of color and makes your lip look healthy. I like the smell of it,too. I like the texture of it. But I took one lippie off because it is certainly not the most moiturizing lip balm I've tried. It's good to have one in the purse when you go out, but at the same time would keep looking for more moisturizing lip balm. Would repurchase because I like the smell a lot and it's smooth to apply.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it seemed a little more exotic than the classic Burt's Bees. I assumed it had the same quality that I've grown to expect from Burt's Bees, but when I tried it, I was disappointed. It does not smell/taste good, and the consistency is chunky. It also has a sheer tint, which although may look good on some people, it looks unnatural on me. More importantly, it does not soothe my dry lips.

This lip balm is iffy, and I wouldn't suggest it to anybody.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really want to love this product b/c it's all natural and fairly cheap, but it's just meh. It looks really pretty on my lips, it gives them just a hint of color and shine that looks so natural, but it doesn't really do a good job of moisturizing and it absorbs into my lips so quickly. The taste is a little weird, not exactly appealing, but not bad enough to stop me from using it. I'd love to find a cheap natural moisturizer that does a good job at keeping my lips soft. I think I'll try either Chapstick Naturals lip butter or Weleda Everon lip balm next.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jordella

First ever Burt's Bees disapointment, Every product I've tried by Burt's Bees so far, I've loved... but this.
The smell does smell like pomegrante, but because it is SO CRAZILY strong, it's kinda foul!
The tint it leaves on your lips is nice... at first, but I'm the kinda person who puts a few layers of lip balm on, after 2, the colour looks really un-natural.
It DOES NOT moisturize at all! My lips were actually more dried out after I applied it then before.

My Mom tried it too, and she does not like it either, and she likes pretty much everything!

So, if your at the store and see somebody buying this product, you'll know it will most definatley not be me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by abercrombieqt55

Cannot live without this!!!! My lips get so dry from climate, medication, and exercise, and this is the only chapstick/lip balm that actually keeps them from being dried out. Smells great, gives me smooth lips, perfect (very slight) tint, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by snowrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this. First off- it has a really pretty pink-red tint when you apply it onto your lips. Second, I love the smell so much, at first I didn't really care for it but then I just started opening up my lip balm just to smell it- it smells like spring or summer in a lip balm- I just love that. Third, the ingredients are pretty close to 100% natural. Fourth, you get a lot of lip balm although it is a little expensive for a lip balm ($6 CAD). Fifth, the packaging is so adorable which makes me just love whipping this out. The only downside I can think of with this is that it's not that moisturizing for a lip balm and doesn't seem to be making my lips any better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by janeway88

This is by far my favorite chapstick - and that's coming from a chapstick junkie. It's only downside is that there is no SPF. But other than that, it smells wonderful, gives you just a hint of color that is universally flattering (but not enough that you have to worry about applying it liberally). It also lasts longer than any other lip balm I've owned and is super moisturizing.
Definitely worth the slightly-more-than-I'd-like-to-pay-for-just-chapstick price.