September 2, 2014 | 1853 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2003 More reviews by bluebird615

For about the past year I've been having a sweating problem. Even when I wasn't doing anything and even when I was cold. It was pretty much every single day. I'd have huge huge pit stains. I'd have to go in the bathroom and try and stick toilet paper under my arms!! No anti-perspirant seemed to work and it would stain my clothes horribly. The next day after trying this stuff i had absolutely no sweat under my arms. it was awesome. Even outside in 85 degree weather i barely sweated at all. I don't have to worry anymore about trying to hide my sweaty armpits or staining my nice clothes. It's a relief and one less thing to worry about. You don't even have to use it everyday, but I have been. The only draw back is it can burn and make your armpits itch if you put on too much. But I'll gladly endure it for the wonderful results I get. If you have a sweating problem like I had and can't find a good anti-perspirant, get this product NOW!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Zylann

I decided to try this after reading many reviews on MUA. I was concerned about the bad things you know my mom is always like its not good to use that kinda of stuff. I tried it and im really glad I did its great! I can pull out all my black tanks and not worry about white marks and I don't have sweat dripping down my arms. Makes me not grumpy I feel so fresh and so clean, clean.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2003 1:43:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

I would not recommend this product. I love it in theory (I wish I could use it, but I got a terrible rash/chapped skin from it) but in practice it's probably not a good idea. Also, it's true that if you suppress sweat in one place, it just comes out more in other places. Not good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2003 10:05:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Truly a miracle product. I have been through almost every deoderant/anti-perspirant out there, nothing works for me. Until I read the reviews for this one. Now I can bring out all my pretty white and pastel shirts that have been hiding in the back of my closet!

One word of warning, SERIOUSLY follow the instructions in this packet. I disregarded them one night and applied this under my arms after a bath, and my underarms got so itchy that it felt like bad poison ivy. This also does not contain deoderant, so I also use this with Dove's deoderant/anti-perspirant (which is great, by the way). I also make sure to pay attention to the underarm area when I exfoliate, now that the pores there are being forced to shut off and it can cause problems with clogged pores. Just don't go too crazy with the exfoliatiion, or you'll get that burning/itching feeling after applying the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 12:55:00 AM More reviews by FL_peach

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

God I don't know how I possibly lived without this before. I live in humid South Florida and seem to have overactive sweat-glands. I would always wear a cardigan over my shirt if I knew I was going to be up in front of people at school, and don't even get me started about being nervous and sweating on dates...! Then someone on these MUA boards recommended this stuff, I'd like to hug them to death! If you apply once a night, you practically don't sweat at all, and you can start tapering off to applying once every 3 or 4 days if you find that it works well enough. I will definitely repurchase, but I haven't run out yet, that bottle lasts a long time! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff rocks! Living in NYC and dealing with the humidity and heat and the insufferable subway/train tunnels made me think that it was impossible to do anything other than sweat, sweat, sweat. Then I found Certain-Dry.

However, apply this stuff as sparingly as possible! I use it a few times a week, using Dove on the days I forego the Certain-Dry. If I were to use this stuff constantly, my underarms would be itchy and red.

Thanks to this stuff, I can wear colored shirts on the nastiest day of August anxiety-free!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lkoehler

Wow...Certain Dri is one of THE best products I've ever found. I ruined so many nice shirts (especially white ones) before I used this. I use it every other night - the other reviewers are right - use it more and it will itch and irritate your underarms. It's unscented so I use a little powder during the day for a nice scent. I've been using it for about 1 1/2 years now and love not thinking about stains and wetness. Go Certain Dri!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2003 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lisetterenee

For awhile, this product was a life saver for me. However, after about a year of proper usage, I had SEVERE side effects. My under arms became a home for several large and painful under the skin bumps. We're not talking little bumps, but tumor-like bumps. I also started sweating again much much worse than I had ever had a problem with before Certain Dri. Two friends of mine, who also started using the product the same time that I did, commented on these painful bumps from the very beginning of usage, and then on excessive sweat after several months as well. Once I broke myself of my Certain Dri addiction and gave my body a chance to recover, these symptoms went away. I have since found that I really don't NEED Certain Dri like I thought I did. Usually, a dusting of a light powder under my arms once or twice a day does the trick, and I'll certainly take a little extra sweat rather than those Certain Dri side effects!
If you are going to use this product, I would recommend using it as SPARINGLY as possible. This is not something to be used as or instead of an antiperspirant or deoderant. It is more of a treatment for serious "sweaters". Use it when you notice yourself sweating (excessively) again, but don't use it consistently so you NEVER sweat. It's just not healthy. Also, I would consider consulting a doctor before using the product. I wish I had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jennylynn

This product has saved me from much self-consciousness and loads of laundry! (Found it at Costco for only $3.99!) Contrary to recommendations on the box, I use it in the mornings after I shower (every other day works well for me & reduces irritation), then follow it once it's dry with a gentle anti-perspirant/deodorant (Dove's my current favorite). Following it with a solid anti-perspirant/deodorant has cut way back on the irritation & burning I would occasionally experience, and it adds just one more reassuring barrier to the dreaded socially-unacceptable "underarm wetness"! (That sounded really attractive...) A summertime must, especially if you inherited your father's sweat glands, as I [unfortunately] did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jordana459

This stuff is amazing! I read about it in a magazine over a year ago and finally tracked some down at Rite-Aid (for $3.99!). I even talked my husband into trying it, and we're both hooked. We've been using it for nearly a year (through one hot Central WA summer, too!) and love it. I apply it daily and often experience the irritation, but the benefits (non-stained white shirts, lower dry-cleaning bills...) far outweigh a little itching :) Just make sure to follow the directions and do not shave before use!!