December 20, 2014 | 1201 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 9:05:00 AM More reviews by lizzievale

I bought this in light translucent..... normally I use Pur Minerals (pressed 4 in 1, which I love) and I just thought I would try this to see if it was comparable as it is just so cheap in comparison! Its only about $25 Australian and that's GREAT for mineral makeup over here.
Well.... I am really impressed.... I have oily combo skin and really appreciate the matte look I get with it....even more matte than Pur Minerals. I detest the oily/metallic sheen of Bare Minerals on me and almost gave up on minerals as a result...came across Pur and that changed my mind...but for my skin type.. Physician's formula is fantastic! I also dont use the brush supplied but use my Pur Mineral's chisel brush and it covers everything so well. I am also impressed with the quantity of product, especially for a cheaper one! It has heaps more than Bare Minerals loose version. I will still use Pur Minerals on many occasions, specially at night....but will use this one as an everyday look and think it will be much better in hot weather for me! Worth a try...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The texture and color are ok, and the results do look natural. Unfortunately, even with the 'natural' ingredients, oil-free and talc-free formula, I still get breakouts every time I've used this. I wish I knew why, because it is the minimal look I was going for with foundation. My skin seems to be very sensitive when it comes to any kind of face makeup or foundation. I've tried many different formulas including liquids, tinted moisturizers, powders, and sadly, they all seem to trigger breakouts. Even one small blemish after using a new makeup is enough for me to stop using it. In my opinion, anything I put on my face should not cause any irritation or reaction whatsoever. If you have sensitive skin, particularly in regards to foundations, I would not suggest trying this. This seems like it would be great on someone with normal/less sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am Asian with light-to-medium skin. Lighter in some lights, more medium in others. I bought this in Translucent Medium (the translucent usually catches my eye really quickly) since I wanted a 'shine control' powder because of my heavy winter moisturizer and not any real coverage/foundation. Anyways, this was my first venture into mineral makeup. I bought this about a year ago when mineral makeup first came out. Being a strong believer in putting as few chemicals on your face as possible, I ended up selecting this. This was actually pricier back when I bought it (a whole dollar or two more)... but I considered it an okay investment considering it was mineral and a lot 'safer' than the other stuff I could buy. I adore this stuff to pieces! I've gotten around to using other types of makeup and other mineral makeups, but I think this is superior because of the price, amount of product, and the easy accessibility. I just have issues with purchasing things online. I'm much more comfortable waltzing into a store and purchasing things (especially makeup where I like to be 100% sure of my shade before selecting something). I recently pulled this out for a friend's wedding, and I'm happy to say that it looked fantastic and I had a great sheer glow! I think I was paler back when I bought this powder because now when I put it on, it makes me look a little whitish, so I'm contemplating going back and buying a darker shade and leaving this as maybe a 'finishing powder' (because it is a translucent shade).. Aside from that though, it's great. [only not quite HG status because I don't wear makeup regularly enough to really count on anything to become HG status]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutly LOVE this powder. I read somewhere that loose, mineral powders are the most effective way to achieve the illusion of a perfect complexion. I agree! It gives a flawless glow, reduces the appearance of pores and minor flaws such as dark spots.
The only negative I have is the mini-brush that comes with it: it sucks! I hate it, it's rough and too small, so I use one of my brushes to apply it. But other than that, it's an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by charligirl22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm using the compact powder. i really like it. although i really wanna try the loose one, and see if it will give me more coverage. i got the fair color, not translucant so it a bit dark for my fairly light skin. in australia its fairly expenseive. around 30 dollars but thats normal for good drug store foundation. i think i want to visit america! makeup seems so cheap there. lol. anyway i shall review the loose powder when i can find it in oz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Got this in Translucent Medium, a good color for my summer skin.
It covers my red marks and large pores well. Only deducted a lippie for the awkward packaging--included brush is too small and sheds, but works ok if you're in a rush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Evens out my skintone, covers redness, minor blemishes, my pores, and the shadows under my eyes. Makes shine go away, and I never look dry and powdery -- it doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup at all. The included brush and the packaging are awful, though. I *would* repurchase, but might try the pressed powder version in the future for portability.
Liquid foundations have never worked for me (forms a visible film on top of my face, dries out my skin, flakes everywhere...) so I'm glad to have found something that makes my skin look good :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 6:45:00 AM More reviews by AnnasusLn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first foray into using mineral powder as a foundation. My general impression is that it is decent, but not great - I still like my usual liquid foundation better. The brush is awful, so I use a powder brush of my own, and when I do that, this product ends up looking like any other loose powder except maybe slightly thicker. It's pain to clean up because it releases a powder puff ever time I open the package and still requires a considerable amount of concealer for me to complete the look. Overall, while I thought this might be easier for me to use, it wasn't and took just as long. Plus, I have fairly oily skin, especially in the summer, and this powder still managed to highlight flakes on my cheeks that I never knew existed. Since it doesn't break me out, I'll continue using it just to use some of it up. For just a regular (unremarkable) loose powder, I think the price is a little high to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG foundation. I have been using this for a while and it seems to look good all the time and in all lighting. Compared to any other foundation I have tried, this is the best. It evens out my skintone, makes me look air-brushed, and lasts a long time. Most foundations with SPF or scent bother my eyes so I cannot use them around my eyes and sometimes not even on my face. Other foundations do not look good on my neck and chest; they move around and get blotchy. But this one I can use all over and it looks great. I use the Buff Beige usually (sometimes Creamy Natural) and just got the "light tan veil" which seems to look good over my nose and cheeks.

I am 45, have small acne scars which look like large pores, my face is 1-2 shade darker than my neck and chest and I have ruddiness and oily skin. This foundation powder seems to work on all levels for me. I hope they do not use animal testing or I will have to look for a different mineral powder. I use a different (softer) brush and I put the powder into a YoungBlood mineral powder container (better quality) since I wasn't using it (too orange). Other mineral powders may be just as good, but I am happy with this one. The color and texture are great and the price is right.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by dewdrop

Some other mineral makeups I've tried are somewhat "creamy" even though they are powders, and that is a nice quality. But, they can get expensive to replace, so I looked for a drugstore version and the cosmetics cashier recommended this brand.

I find this very dry in texture just like ordinary loose powder and it looks dry on the skin too, even if I apply it sparingly and over moisturiser. A disappontment.