Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 9/1/2007 9:36:00 PM

I can't say this is the best b/c it is the first Mineral makeup I've ever used. I use it in place of foundation and sometimes concealer too. My experience with the product has been alright, even good, with some not-so-sureness thrown in. I think the packaging is all right - there's a domed lid that comes off, then the stubby brush sits in a little plastic cradle which swings open exposing the powder holes. I hold open the plastic cradle and tap the powder into the domed lid and then fluff my big powder brush in, tamp off, then apply in circles - worked great. I got the Buff - a very appealing shade and it works perfectly with my skin tone - so that's great. I did notice that it didn't seem to last all day and I definitely got a shine break through. But it did look really good going on - covered well, making my skin look soft and even, but like natural skin, and with just enough dewiness - not powder dry. One time I saw myself in a mirror and the little smile lines under my eyes looked crepey like the powder was sitting in the lines - not so great. One afternoon I pulled open the cradle to capture some powder on my brush but didn't notice that the whole entire plastic unit came out and without looking I plunged my brush into the entire open jar of powder! WHAT A MESS!! It billows and gets everywhere and sticks to everything and it was pretty much impossible to control the mess (you make it worse as soon as you touch it) and it didn't clean up completely - I can still see it in my carpet. So that wasn't so good. Then I was getting tired of being greasy by the afternoons so I began doing a heavier application and began using the stubby little brush that comes with it - and actually I'm getting better results when I virtually 'cake' it on - ugh that doesn't sound very good! But I just give my face a small spritz of mineral water afterward and it sets and seems to last all day. When I 'check in' I'm pretty satisfied with the results - I still get shiny (forever I guess) but it doesn't look blotchy, tired or slick - just shiny moist and the colour stays true. I keep using it so I must like it! Oh yeah, I did get a small breakout on my chin (I virtually never do) and it happened right after I first tried it - wondered if it was this stuff. And it has happened again to varying degrees of annoyance off and on - but I don't know if it's this or a new AHA face cream. I thought this stuff wasn't supposed to clog pours? Before this I just used babypowder and it worked great and no clogged pores, no breakouts.

on 8/28/2007 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this powder! It's perfect in every way! Coverage is light to medium. No sparkles, no chalk feel (dry skin), just right, like second skin. Smooth feel when applying. Never changes color and it lasts. So gentle you can sleep with it on! I am pale NC15, Stila 10 watts, and I use transluscent light in this. The container is okay but I will buy a BE face case. I hope they keep this forever! I will never go back to other powders, never. Holy Grail for me....

on 8/27/2007 9:05:00 AM

I bought this in light translucent..... normally I use Pur Minerals (pressed 4 in 1, which I love) and I just thought I would try this to see if it was comparable as it is just so cheap in comparison! Its only about $25 Australian and that's GREAT for mineral makeup over here.
Well.... I am really impressed.... I have oily combo skin and really appreciate the matte look I get with it....even more matte than Pur Minerals. I detest the oily/metallic sheen of Bare Minerals on me and almost gave up on minerals as a result...came across Pur and that changed my mind...but for my skin type.. Physician's formula is fantastic! I also dont use the brush supplied but use my Pur Mineral's chisel brush and it covers everything so well. I am also impressed with the quantity of product, especially for a cheaper one! It has heaps more than Bare Minerals loose version. I will still use Pur Minerals on many occasions, specially at night....but will use this one as an everyday look and think it will be much better in hot weather for me! Worth a try...

on 8/26/2007 8:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The texture and color are ok, and the results do look natural. Unfortunately, even with the 'natural' ingredients, oil-free and talc-free formula, I still get breakouts every time I've used this. I wish I knew why, because it is the minimal look I was going for with foundation. My skin seems to be very sensitive when it comes to any kind of face makeup or foundation. I've tried many different formulas including liquids, tinted moisturizers, powders, and sadly, they all seem to trigger breakouts. Even one small blemish after using a new makeup is enough for me to stop using it. In my opinion, anything I put on my face should not cause any irritation or reaction whatsoever. If you have sensitive skin, particularly in regards to foundations, I would not suggest trying this. This seems like it would be great on someone with normal/less sensitive skin.

on 8/24/2007 9:02:00 PM

I am Asian with light-to-medium skin. Lighter in some lights, more medium in others. I bought this in Translucent Medium (the translucent usually catches my eye really quickly) since I wanted a 'shine control' powder because of my heavy winter moisturizer and not any real coverage/foundation. Anyways, this was my first venture into mineral makeup. I bought this about a year ago when mineral makeup first came out. Being a strong believer in putting as few chemicals on your face as possible, I ended up selecting this. This was actually pricier back when I bought it (a whole dollar or two more)... but I considered it an okay investment considering it was mineral and a lot 'safer' than the other stuff I could buy. I adore this stuff to pieces! I've gotten around to using other types of makeup and other mineral makeups, but I think this is superior because of the price, amount of product, and the easy accessibility. I just have issues with purchasing things online. I'm much more comfortable waltzing into a store and purchasing things (especially makeup where I like to be 100% sure of my shade before selecting something). I recently pulled this out for a friend's wedding, and I'm happy to say that it looked fantastic and I had a great sheer glow! I think I was paler back when I bought this powder because now when I put it on, it makes me look a little whitish, so I'm contemplating going back and buying a darker shade and leaving this as maybe a 'finishing powder' (because it is a translucent shade).. Aside from that though, it's great. [only not quite HG status because I don't wear makeup regularly enough to really count on anything to become HG status]

on 8/23/2007 9:21:00 PM

I absolutly LOVE this powder. I read somewhere that loose, mineral powders are the most effective way to achieve the illusion of a perfect complexion. I agree! It gives a flawless glow, reduces the appearance of pores and minor flaws such as dark spots.
The only negative I have is the mini-brush that comes with it: it sucks! I hate it, it's rough and too small, so I use one of my brushes to apply it. But other than that, it's an excellent product.

on 8/16/2007 3:57:00 AM

i'm using the compact powder. i really like it. although i really wanna try the loose one, and see if it will give me more coverage. i got the fair color, not translucant so it a bit dark for my fairly light skin. in australia its fairly expenseive. around 30 dollars but thats normal for good drug store foundation. i think i want to visit america! makeup seems so cheap there. lol. anyway i shall review the loose powder when i can find it in oz

on 8/15/2007 10:48:00 PM

Got this in Translucent Medium, a good color for my summer skin.
It covers my red marks and large pores well. Only deducted a lippie for the awkward packaging--included brush is too small and sheds, but works ok if you're in a rush.

on 8/10/2007 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Evens out my skintone, covers redness, minor blemishes, my pores, and the shadows under my eyes. Makes shine go away, and I never look dry and powdery -- it doesn't look like I'm wearing any makeup at all. The included brush and the packaging are awful, though. I *would* repurchase, but might try the pressed powder version in the future for portability.
Liquid foundations have never worked for me (forms a visible film on top of my face, dries out my skin, flakes everywhere...) so I'm glad to have found something that makes my skin look good :)

on 8/6/2007 6:45:00 AM

This was my first foray into using mineral powder as a foundation. My general impression is that it is decent, but not great - I still like my usual liquid foundation better. The brush is awful, so I use a powder brush of my own, and when I do that, this product ends up looking like any other loose powder except maybe slightly thicker. It's pain to clean up because it releases a powder puff ever time I open the package and still requires a considerable amount of concealer for me to complete the look. Overall, while I thought this might be easier for me to use, it wasn't and took just as long. Plus, I have fairly oily skin, especially in the summer, and this powder still managed to highlight flakes on my cheeks that I never knew existed. Since it doesn't break me out, I'll continue using it just to use some of it up. For just a regular (unremarkable) loose powder, I think the price is a little high to buy again.