BeneFit Cosmetics Dallas

4.3

Talc, Mica, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Boron Nitride, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Tocopherol, BHT, Retinyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Eugenol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dallas! Yee haw! I ride into the sunset everyday wearing this beauty. I love the small brush when used with Dandelion, but for Dallas, I like to use my Sugar bronzing brush that I purchased at Sephora. I use this product on my very pale skin (NW15) and it works wonderful. Gives me just enough warmth and color, but not really brown like the Hoola powder. I use this also as a quick eyeshadow. I get many compliments when wearing this product because it also makes my skin appear smooth and shimmery. Try it out! Benefit box prodcuts last for at least 2 years, so I love the lightweight cardboard boxes. Very eco-friendly!

on 3/27/2006 1:11:00 AM

I donít get the mania over this blush/bronzer. Itís a nice subtle brown berry shade that is very reminiscent of NARS Sin blush, just without the sparkle and not as pigmented Ė so itís supposed to be more multi-purposed. Well Iím a bit apprehensive about sweeping any sort of colored powder all over my face because I always seem to over-apply! So this really is just a blush to me. And really, as a blush itís nothing special. The color Dallas imparts is really pretty, like a tanned, natural fluster. However, the lasting power is ridiculous Ė barely a couple of hours! I guess itís the fact that itís supposed to be used for a slight healthy tint to the face that itís not heavily pigmented and whatnot, so Iím approaching the product all wrong to begin with. Maybe Iíll try to use it correctly the next time I used it . . . right now itís sitting on my swap list and Iím debating whether or not there will be a next time! I hate the smell though. This one and Dandelion. Gross! Just leave your products unscented BeneFit! And yes, I agree the brush it comes with should be burned and the cardboard packaging is flimsy!

on 3/26/2006 10:38:00 PM

The picture of this on Sephora looks much bigger, but in reality it is 2 inches square. The cardboard container has a plastic insert that holds a wooden-handle brush for application. I have seen several comment on here that the brush is worthless,but I found it perfect for my chipmunk cheeks. Also, I love the color I get from Dallas. I am quite fair and I find that many bronzers look quite harsh on my complexion, but Dallas does not give me glitter or shimmer just glow and I don't even looked sunburned. I will probably even repurchase this if I ever finish the package.

on 3/24/2006 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i wanted to love this, it was so cute and looked great, it is a shimmery combo of blush and bronzer, but it made my face super itchy and irritated red, no thanks.

on 3/24/2006 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I ADORE Dallas! I have Georgia,Hoola and Dandelion but out of all these I love Dallas the best.It's great for contouring as well as a blush.The color is pretty unique too imo.I'm NW20,brunette,dark brown hair for reference.

on 3/23/2006 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I did so want to love this product - it looked so beautiful in the Benefit cosmetic catalog. Unfortunately for me this does not show up on my fair skin with yellow undertones as being the rosy-brown they claim it is, all I get is brown. I wish that the pink or rose pigment in this was stronger but it just does not show up on me. I can see using this as a bronzer instead of a blush but I prefer the soft bronze color of Nars Laguna to this shade. I don't care for way Benefit packages this or Dandelion - the brush is useless, the package is too big to carry around during the day for touch-ups plus the top comes off too easily. It's not travel friendly. I would rather it was smaller, cheaper and in some kind of compact. I will not repurchase.

on 3/21/2006 12:47:00 AM

Love this product...I was devoted to Hoola but now I'm finding myself always using dallas. Its the perfect combo of blush and bronzer. It has a great fragrance too. I love the packaging, benefit always comes up with something new that is worth the money. The only thing i dont like is the cute brush...its cute but thats about it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

FINALLY a bronzer that actually works on my fair complexion. I've tried a dozen different products, including Hoola, and had just about given up, when the salesguy at the Benefit counter caught my lingering by a display of Dallas. I was skeptical, as Benefit's products are something of a mixed bag but this one actually works. Not too dark, not orange-y at all, but a really pretty, natural glow. I'll definitely repurchase this product, if I ever run out, although you seem to get tons. The packaging is adorable, and though the little brush it comes with isn't that great, I still give this product 5 lippies.

on 3/20/2006 1:29:00 AM

thoughi hate the cardboard packaging, i love the product inside. IT's sheer but pigmented enough to show up on my nc27ish skin. It works great with a little bronzer and is a great everyday color for me. will repurchase but it contains so much product!

on 3/19/2006 3:40:00 AM

Ok, so this is one Benefit product I can actually get behind! I've developed a hatred for Benefit because their cool marketing ploys always manage to make me purchase one dud product after another and then I wonder why I haven't learned my lesson yet! I tried Dandelion. Ha-ted it. Georgia. Ha-ted it. Hoola. Ok, but barely use it. I don't even know what possessed me to try Dallas but maybe it's my current obsession with rosy bronze blush colors.

This is the best! I simply look healthy and radiant and a tad sunkissed with it on. I use it as a blush--can't see myself using it as all-over color though. I love the Gone with the wind-esque looking box even if it is impractical and un-travel friendly. I even like the weird fragrance in this (what is is anyway?).

Would i buy this again--you betcha. I'm sure there are other (many other ) shades like this out there, but I haven't found one quite the same and until I do. . . I'll reluctnantly support a company I have no love for.

Popular Blush Products