April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE coconut oil! So multi-purpose- for hair, skin, even for cooking! It's got so many benefits and is so cheap considering a little goes a very long way! Always make sure to invest in extra virgin coconut oil in order to ensure that it's the highest quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by meaghanrichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh..my..god. I love this. I used it on my hair and body last night and I am so soft! I can't stop touching/playing with my hair and my arms are so nice and smooth. I originally bought this just for my hair, and put it on last night and massaged it into my scalp and hair and wrapped it in saran wrap and kept it in while I slept. I had some left on my hands so I just used it on my arms/elbows. Definitely going to keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love coconut oil. I haven't really tried it on my hair yet though. We bought a large glass bottle for approx $5 (CAD) at a cultural store. The brand is LATA and it says 100% Pure Coconut Oil. The colour of the solid oil is a creamish colour. Coconut oil is NOT supposed to be white! If it is, it's because it has been bleached and thus, you are not getting all of the nutrients from it. It has a really strong smell that turned me off at first, but now I think it smells like cupcakes (only after it's on my skin though). When I got it, I took a tiny bit and rubbed it on my lips but within 10 minutes there was a hard bump beside my lip :| So, I haven't used it on my face and I'm scared to use it on my hair now too. I use it on my feet and legs and it's insanely moisturizing! It does take a little time to absorb so, I put it on my feet at night, cover it up with some socks and my feet are radiant by morning. I will try it for other things and I'm dying to cook with it (haven't tried it yet). It's one of the BEST oils to use for cooking because of all the health benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by maryamaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using small amounts of coconut oil on my hair for years. I take a tiny bit (using the tip of my nail), melt it between my fingers, and work it though the ends of my hair when it's still damp. That's it. It makes my hair look great!

I've also used it on elbows and knees when still damp, which works very well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by reekbert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is HG status for me, and I've never say that. Along with AmLactin, extra virgin coconut oil has completely transformed the skin on my body. I'm not sure about the face, as I am too scared to try. No more scaliness or weird bumps.

It is a little time consuming to use, because it's solid and you need to scrape out chunks from the jar and liquify it by rubbing it between your palms, but man, is it worth it! Beautifully hydrated skin with just the right amount of sheen. It sinks in a lot more than I thought it would. I personally love the smell, so that's an added bonus. It feels like my skin stays moisturized for 2 days after using this, even after a long, hot shower!

I bought mine at Whole Foods (365 brand). I don't remember how much I paid, but it will last for a really long time because it doesn't take much to cover you from head to toe. I have not tried cooking with it or eating it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a beauty and health care staple for me and my husband. We use it in our baths, in our food..I use it as a M/U remover and body moisturizer and as a supplement to brighten my complexion from the inside out as well as keep my weight/cholesterol under control. It's so easy to add this into your lifestyle as cooking with it makes every dish better and cleaner tasting. Try spreading it on toast with a lil salt..try scrambling some eggs with a tbsp of EVCO and you'll never eat scrambled eggs a different way again! Apply it to your lashes every night and watch them thicken, lengthen and grow stronger with each passing day. Have a traditional, hot oil bath using a tbsp of EVCO, soak for 20-30 min..completely immerse yourself and your hair in the water. The oil absorbs into the skin and infuses your body with anti-oxidants, essential cold which increases immunity and anti-fungal properties. The Lauric Acid in the oil exfoliates the skin while the emollient properties keep the renewed cells hydrated, thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles as well as increasing the skins overall smooth texture and radiance. As a certified Esthetician, I suggest EVCO to all my clients for all these reasons and more!! You can't go wrong with Cold Pressed, high quality, Expeller Propelled, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Look at the most high end, expensive creams on the market and you'll find that EVCO is present in most, if not all of them. So save your money and invest in this wondrous, multi-tasking oil for a healthy, beautiful lifestyle. Highly recommended!!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

31 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by zayala

Coconut oil is awesome for all things already mentioned in these reviews.
-Hair + Scalp conditioning
*Personally, this does wonders for my head and hair, I completely rub it in, leave on for a bit, maybe put a plastic bag over my head, then *rinse it out And shampoo and condition~
-Skin Moisturizer
-Topical healing
-Glow from within-
Internally it is great for your metabolism, teeth, your bones, it's suggested for losing un-wanted pounds, antioxidants, good for your kidneys, your heart, good for stress relief, the list goes on and on and on

Coconut oil is a whole food. A tablespoon a day is just really really great for your health and body. Make sure you're buying virgin, Cold-pressed coconut oil and from a reputable seller. A good batch of coconut oil should last you 2 years before going bad, so don't skimp on buying the best you can find

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So my review on this is purely as a hair treatment. I had read so many great reviews about how fantastic it was for hair and honestly this was such a let down. I have used it every way I could think of and I genuinely do not see what the fuss is about. It didn't damage my hair - I'm not saying this is a terrible product I'm just saying it didn't live up to the hype it was getting. I guess it moisturised a little but I've had better results from other products.

BUT let me tell you what this product is great for in regards to hair. If you feel your hair is frizzing or just not very soft after washing it, then take a small amount of CO, (and when I say small I mean small because otherwise you will end up with greasy hair) rub it between your fingers and spread through your hair. TADA totally soft lovely bouncy hair :)

I'll be using the rest of this product up as a body moisturiser and I may try it as a makeup remover and then I'll write a review of it for those purposes. I know I sound really negative about this product but I'm not - I think it will do great things for my skin but as a hair treament it just fell flat for me. Please don't hate me for giving it a 2 - that is only for it's use as a hair treatment and I will update this review once I've used it for other things. Oh and btw this smells divine! One of the best smelling oils out there :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using coconut oil as my make-up remover for over a year now. Works great to remove eye makeup! I warm it up between my fingers and massage it over my eyes. Using a damp cotton pad, I gently wipe off and repeat until the last traces of make-up is gone. I wear a lot of mascara and this is the ONLY product that takes it off gently and quickly! I have super sensitive eyes and it does not sting at all. This stuff is amazing. Don't waste your money on expensive eye m/u removers. THIS does the trick! As an added bonus, it's moisturizing as well. My lashes have never been in better condition.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Kikilynn09

This product is amazing!! I was very skeptical at first because my grandma was using it and it made her skin really greasy when she first put it on at night, but she raved about it so much, I had to try it. I have acne scars and she thought it might help clear them up... AND OH MY GOD... Did it ever! I've only been using the product for about a week and a half and my scaring has gone down SO much. Its unbelievable. I can't believe with all the money I've spent and products I've tried... This is what works. I put it on every night after I get out of the shower and wait for it to absorb in my face. It feels sooo greasy when you first put it on, but you get used to it. Its the best moisturizer I've ever tried and I used to use a product that was $55 a bottle. I can't believe how great this stuff works!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No