July 31, 2014 | 1015 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mininana

My skin loves this and I love the smell!!! :) My hair loves it too just use a tiny little bit and you are ready to go. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair and my skin love this! I use it as a moisturizer (cured my acne) and as a pre-wash for my dry hair. it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I am so psyched to have "discovered" this gem on a hair care forum. I pre-shampoo with it overnight or with heat for 20 minutes. Sometimes, I add amla oil, olive oil, almond oil, honey, grapeseed or jojoba oils to the pre-poo. I mix a little with my conditioner for deep conditioning after shampooing. For two weeks I've used it as a facial moisturizer on all areas below my eyes. I didn't use it on my forehead so if I had breakouts I could attribute it to the coconut oil. My skin has never been softer, and no breakouts so I use it all over now. Next up: using it as a cooking oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I read reviews all the time and reviewers always talk about their HG product. I couldn't relate because I never came across a product that worked consistently over time. Needless to say, I have found my HG product. COCONUT OIL is the BOMB.COM! I use this product from head to toe. It is a great hair moisturizer/deep conditioner and seals the ends of my AA curly hair texture. Great facial moisturizer and I also cook with it. I use this in place of all previously used cooking oils. Coconut oil has so many health benefits that I recommend you taking the time to research. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by twilight149772

Ok im 15 and african american with psoriasis. As a girl i want myhair to be soft and shiny i deep condition with this once a week. I also do scalpmassages that really help my hair grow. I like using pure organi products. Also its great for skin, i use it on arms and legs after i shave or shower. They say its great for acne because of anti fungal and bacteria properties. You could deelop white heads if too much is applied, so use just a pinky amount or even less. God bless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sofia2723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow!
I'm in love.
This product is wonderful.
I use it as a PRE-CLEANSER and oh boy! my skin has been so obedient!
This product is antibacterial, anti fungal, and antiviral. It's also very moisturizing. It's just amazing.

also, I suggest to use a very gentle cleanser after you use this (I use Johnson and Johnson Head to toe baby wash).

I don't use a moisturizer afterwards, because the coconut already does a phenomenal job at that, plus the cleanser is very gentle and only removes surface dirt and oil, so the coconut could continue to penetrate my skin, with it's moisturizing and antibacterial wonders.
Although, I use green tea as a toner right afterwards (green tea detoxifies skin, and fights free radicals, an aging agent.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Lyra12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only moisturizer I use. I'm always on the hunt for the healthiest and most effective moisturizer for my body. Healthy, glowing skin is my beauty secret and so I'm always striving to have the best skin I can possibly achieve. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is the only moisturizer I've come across that has given me a glowy, even skin-tone, supple skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines. I put this on my face as well and it does not break me out. I think it has to do with what type you purchase. Make sure it is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Unrefined, Organic and cold-pressed. I use this at night and it absorbs surprisingly fast! Your makeup will also look phenomenal on top of it (after it has absorbed completely into your skin). I plan on using this for the rest of my life and nothing else! I'm just glad I discovered it while in my twenties with barely any signs of wrinkles, this way I'm preventing it and not fighting it.

EDIT: After using it for a few weeks it began to break me out on my chest and I NEVER break out let alone on my CHEST! I had to stop using it, the bumps were so painful just my shirt rubbing against my skin hurt. If it doesn't break you out, use it. It's still a great moisturizer just not for everyone :-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love coconut oil. It is so healthy for you other countries have been useing as cures and remedies for years. I like to put a teaspoon in my hot coco soo good and good for you. Its good for your body inside and out what more to say. I got mine at gnc I probaly paid to much lol but oh well I have a hard time finding it where I live. I have drank 1-2 tsp before when I felt my immune system running slow, and thought I might be coming down with a cold. It helped within hours. Also a good cure for colds, flu, viral infections - you can take therapeutic doses. Google it for more info. the best type of coconut oil is virgin, unprocessed coconut oil, which is not refined, deodorized or bleached. It will be a pure white color and smell of fresh coconuts. But when I use coconut oil on my hair, it looks frizz-free, no flyaways, soft, some added shine...like healthy hair basically. I don't think it's miraculous with my hair, but it makes it look and feel a whole lot better. A reputable scientific article (from the National Institutes of Health, I believe) stated that coconut oil is the only oil that is actually absorbed into your hair and will make it stronger.I love love love this product - used to use expensive hair products, now I use only coconut oil. Get EV coconut oil though even though it's most expensive.
My hair is also quite more stronger since I started using this, and less prone to serious breakage. I see absolutely no need to be any sort of rich body cream or deep hair conditioner when this stuff exists. I also have a nasty recurring ringworm rash that pops up on my body I've tried Lotrimin, Lamisil ,prescription anti fungal,and Neosporin to say the least. I have been using extra virgin coconut oil for other uses but I decided to try it on my ringworm since I've been doing some reading on it and it seems the CO is a anti-microbial that works against yeast. I don't know if that is related to ringworm(fungal) and it seems to be helping more so then any of the other creams. It's so cheap and simple it's ridiculous - doctors are never going to tell you about it all that it can do for you.I'm not going to make this to long since this has been around for ages and theres a reason why.It helps with soooo many things.Note I have not used this on my face I am afraid of that tho and don't want to take a chance with that.thx for reading

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by kristina5475

I bought this product because of the reviews here and a friend of mine uses coconut oil to remove her makeup. It was fairly cheap at my local organic foods market so I didn't think I had much to lose. WOW! LOVE IT! I thought it was going to make my skin oily --not at all. I warm it up with my fingers and apply it to my eyes and face. My mascara melted away. I wiped it all off with a warm washcloth and there was no oily residue. AND I loved the smell. Will definitely use this more!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by wallochj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the Nutriva extra virgin olive oil to cook with after reading it was the best tasting and it would help with belly fat. But then I had a chemical peel and my face was raw! I was scared to use an acne fighting cleanser or a moisturizer that would make me break out. So one night I warmed it in my hands and used it to remove my makeup. Amazing! My waterproof mascara came right off and the oil moisturized my skin without making it breakout. I then added it to my bath and later to my son's bath to help alleviate his dry, eczema prone skin.Even my husband uses it to help his itchy skin. I haven't yet cooked with it but the smell and taste are so mild I don't think I will mind.Highly recommend!