September 1, 2014 | 1132 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

iF YOU HAVE ACNE, STAY AWAY FROM COCONUT OIL, EVEN IF ITS ORGANIC, VIRGIN, OR UNREFINED!!!! For about the first few weeks I used coconut oil, I saw improvements. My skin felt soft, moisturized and looked glossy and smooth. I noticed after about 2 weeks I started to break out. I had beard of a so called purging, so I continued to use it. Well after about 3 weeks of " purging", I had the worst acne! All over my back, chest, shoulders( where i do not ever break out), and of course, my face! It took me about 4 months to fully recover from all the cysts, pimples, marks and blackheads this left on me.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I love coconut oil for so many reasons but one that I don't think I've read about on MUA. Its the best self tanner remover bar none for me. If you want to remove ST massage the oil into your skin at night, then in the morning scrub it off with a wash cloth, shower scrubbie thing, or whatever you like. If stubborn areas remain, just massage more oil in, and if the ST is very resistant, you can apply the oil like any moisturizer and within 24 hrs the ST should all be easily removable. I have spent time and effort rubbing my skin raw when I had ST concentrated too much in one area, or just came out streaky, and even times when I simply wanted it gone more quickly. Nothing works this well.

Its also great for hair, but for me, less so as a treatment before washing, more as a teeny bit for a leave in type serum. Feels great and skin is softer, more conditioned, when used after showering. Its great in cooking, even for popping popcorn, and when I make gluten free cookies. I like the Nutiva brand best, most coconut-ty flavor and amazing scent.

I read here its good for "secksy time" and um, yes, great, great, stuff!
Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Nightlilly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Get tropical traditions. I eat it, use it as lotion, as face moisturizer to even skin tone and keep blemishes at bay. 100 % recommend for health in all beauty aspects. Health is beauty isn't it?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are several types of coconut oil. I use two: Virgin and fractionated.

Virgin is solid at room temperature an smells coconut-y. I use it in a blend of 60% cocoa butter, 40% coconut oil as a lotion bar on damp legs and arms after I shower.

Fractionated has only the liquid fatty acid chains: caprylic and capric triglycerides. I use this as a facial cleanser, and as a weekly deep conditioner for my hair. I comb a tablespoon or so through the length of my hair and leave it on for at least an hour. I shampoo my length thoroughly and rinse with diluted vinegar. The vinegar rinse helps with my absurdly hard water and makes my hair shiny, but it does seem to strip it of moisture. This offsets that. I've used the virgin oil as a conditioner, but it's more troublesome to apply and takes more effort to shampoo out. I prefer both fractionated and virgin to using EVOO or other more traditional deep conditioner oils. It seems to absorb into the hair shaft more easily and isn't as messy.

Packaging: The virgin oil can usually be found in a jar in the cooking oils section. It can also be purchased in bulk from a soap making/cosmetics supplier. Fractionated oil is available from soap making/cosmetics suppliers and comes in a plastic PET bottle. Both glass jars and PET bottles are easily reused and recycled. When I've bought bulk virgin oil, it has come in a PET bag. A hassle to recycle, but cheaper to ship. (A little time in a water bath in the crock pot will liquify it and allow you to pour it off into more user friendly containers.) continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mininana

My skin loves this and I love the smell!!! :) My hair loves it too just use a tiny little bit and you are ready to go. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair and my skin love this! I use it as a moisturizer (cured my acne) and as a pre-wash for my dry hair. it works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I am so psyched to have "discovered" this gem on a hair care forum. I pre-shampoo with it overnight or with heat for 20 minutes. Sometimes, I add amla oil, olive oil, almond oil, honey, grapeseed or jojoba oils to the pre-poo. I mix a little with my conditioner for deep conditioning after shampooing. For two weeks I've used it as a facial moisturizer on all areas below my eyes. I didn't use it on my forehead so if I had breakouts I could attribute it to the coconut oil. My skin has never been softer, and no breakouts so I use it all over now. Next up: using it as a cooking oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I read reviews all the time and reviewers always talk about their HG product. I couldn't relate because I never came across a product that worked consistently over time. Needless to say, I have found my HG product. COCONUT OIL is the BOMB.COM! I use this product from head to toe. It is a great hair moisturizer/deep conditioner and seals the ends of my AA curly hair texture. Great facial moisturizer and I also cook with it. I use this in place of all previously used cooking oils. Coconut oil has so many health benefits that I recommend you taking the time to research. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by twilight149772

Ok im 15 and african american with psoriasis. As a girl i want myhair to be soft and shiny i deep condition with this once a week. I also do scalpmassages that really help my hair grow. I like using pure organi products. Also its great for skin, i use it on arms and legs after i shave or shower. They say its great for acne because of anti fungal and bacteria properties. You could deelop white heads if too much is applied, so use just a pinky amount or even less. God bless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sofia2723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow!
I'm in love.
This product is wonderful.
I use it as a PRE-CLEANSER and oh boy! my skin has been so obedient!
This product is antibacterial, anti fungal, and antiviral. It's also very moisturizing. It's just amazing.

also, I suggest to use a very gentle cleanser after you use this (I use Johnson and Johnson Head to toe baby wash).

I don't use a moisturizer afterwards, because the coconut already does a phenomenal job at that, plus the cleanser is very gentle and only removes surface dirt and oil, so the coconut could continue to penetrate my skin, with it's moisturizing and antibacterial wonders.
Although, I use green tea as a toner right afterwards (green tea detoxifies skin, and fights free radicals, an aging agent.)