Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/27/2013 7:34:00 AM

Stop. The. Bus. Don't let the cheap price fool you! This is really impressive and not one drop fake looking or cakey looking on my nc-25 skin. (creamy beige) I popped it right out of it's plastic container in about two seconds flat with a manicure scissors and into my luxe compact. I apply it right over my sunscreen and it looks so good even my husband said I look great ( from he who never compliments me without prodding that is huge)

on 4/27/2013 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Omg holy grail powder!!! Have it in the shade transparent to set my liquid makeup. It is perfect!! No need to blot or reapply!! Beats any other overpriced powder on the market!!!

on 4/17/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really want to love this product- everyone swears by it. It does keep you matte, but only for 3 hours. After 3 hours I look horrendously oily and unflattering at all. Not only that, but it ends up looking almost like I have a thin cakey layer on my skin. The packaging is terrible and the lid pops off. Definitely not transportable.

on 4/17/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good for about an hour then cakey mess sets in. There are better matte powders out there.

on 4/17/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good product and I can honestly say it really does give you a matte finish! It's a great product for those who love a matte look on their skin or want it to set their foundation or concealer. I personally won't repurchase cause I like a dewy glowing look my skin :)

on 4/17/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product so much!i see good reviews everywhere and many youtubers and beauty gurus talk about it!its very cheap too but it breaks me out so badly!i have acne-prone skin but i've hadnt had any breakouts for a long time.as soon as i started using this powder 4-5 huge pimples came out on my cheeks.i stopped using it for about a week,my breakouts calmed down and went away and then i started using it again.the same happened.i wanted to give it a last chance so i started using it again.nothing changed.i've given it to my mother instead and seems to work great for her but i cant use it myself.it gives me the worst breakouts.:(

on 4/16/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product last year during the summer. The goal was to find a powder to set my foundation and concealer and keep me matte, obviously. I purchased this in a colored shade, I don't remember which, just that the color matched well.
In any case, I honestly don't think this powder did anything for me. I don't have oily skin, but I do get a sheen after maybe 3 hours. Whenever I powder my face with a good powder, the "sheen" will appear after maybe 5 hours instead.
I didn't notice any change (longer time wear or less oil production) which this product.

It's cheap, yeah, but I would recommend the ELF Complexion perfection powder (I think it's been renamed though) over this product. The ELF packaging is better and you get a mirror.

on 4/16/2013 4:55:00 PM

Lasts a decent amount of time on the skin, honestly. Fresh, clean color. Very inexpensive for the amount that you get - about $4. There's a scent but it doesn't bother me at all. I will definitely repurchase. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Very cheap plastic; I can already tell I'm going to have issues with it.

on 4/15/2013 9:57:00 AM

There's no much things to say about this product. It's good and it says it all. :)

It's a very good pressed powder. I use it in transparent to set my makeup. It replaced my essence translucend powder, because it matifies just as good, but it doesn't leave a cakey appearence at all, and that what i like the most about it. For such cheap price, i don't think i can find a better option.

The packaging is very meeehhh, i dropped it once and it broke the powder into fine pieces. I then fixed it with alcohol.. I don't usually carry powders with me so it makes no big difference.

UPDATE:

So, the warmer months just arrived, and being an oily skinned person, i find that i like translucend powders better. The just help to control the oils better, i have no doubt now. So, after finishing this rimmel powder, i'm going back to my essence's translucend powder.. So, it's just an average powder.

on 4/15/2013 12:35:00 AM

When I first got this powder, I loved it. Only got it for for the cheap price. Butttt now that I'm getting more into makeup & learning a lot more, I've noticed that it makes my face look extremely cakey. Especially on hot days. Which isn't good, considering I live in Florida. I hit Pam on at least 3 of these & they'll be the past.