April 18, 2014 | 1873 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Shawshank94

This really does look amazing on. It makes my skin look flawless! I use it as a setting powder for my Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, and it works fabulously! It keeps my face looking matte and soft all day! On hot days, i can touch up, and it applies smoothly without being the least bit 'cake' like - not even if you pack it on like wallpaper. On it's own, it doesn't cover blemishes, but it does eliminate shine and oil, and provide a slight matte effect. I have combination skin, and am prone to pimples, yet this product keeps my oil at bay, and doesn't break me out. Bonus!

The only thing i would complain about, is the packaging.
What absolute @$%&* genius put this together? The powder itself doesn't come with a puff or anything (which isn't that bad, considering they're normally pathetic excuses for 'puffs' anyway). The casing itself looks like cheap plastic, probably because it is, but even us ladies on a strict budget don't want to feel cheap.. And to top it all off, the lid is flimsy, you have to tape it down or something if you want to carry it around with you... if not, then your lovely bag will resemble something out of a horror movie. Literally.

However, it's absolutely wonderful powder, which definately makes up for the packaging in my books.
I will be purchasing again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by dollxdaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have a love-hate relationship with this powder. it breaks me out but ONLY if i use it alone.
if i use it over liquid foundation it doesnt break me out at all.
when i used to use it alone with a kabuki or the elf powder brush it left a nice finish with light coverage.
as a setting powder it keeps me matte almost all day and doesn't make me look cakey at all. :)
i would recomend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ep3074

I like this powder. It's not life-changing but it leaves my skin matte but not powdery so I still have a glow. The packaging is fine, the lid has never fallen off in my makeup bag but I don't think I'd trust it in my purse since it doesn't screw/snap on securely. This powder goes pretty fast because I don't think you get a whole lot of product but it's so cheap, I don't mind. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MauraRose

Really great finishing powder. My only complaint is the packaging. It would have been nice if it came in more travel-friendly packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lizzredhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great powder!! It gives a great finish!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Poptarts1375

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

okay so when i got this i immediately started wearing it the next day i thought it did a great job on keeping the oil away for several hours but over the week i noticed that I'm breaking out more than usual i came to the conclusion that the only thing i've been wearing ll over my face all week was the powder so i found thaat it broke me out...i am very acne prone and oily so never buy this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Awesome product, sucky packaging.
the powder is very fine, it does not look cakey at all, makes my skin look flawless and it smells pretty good too :)
too bad that freakin lid wont stay in place, which makes it pretty difficult to have it on the go, but oh well, still a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by KristaniA

This is one of my favorite face powders. I love that it's not pigmented and it mattifies (a word?) my face. It also feels very light. The only thing I don't like about it is its lasting power. I always end up with a shiny face by the afternoon (and I don't do touch ups!). They usually go on sale for $2.99 to $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaplus. That's when I stock up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Will I buy this product again? Why yes ma'am! I love this powder! I have it in transparent and at 1st I wasn't so sure about it but now I'm in LOVE. It controls oil for about 5-6 hrs (on me) and when my oil does start to show it looks creamy and healthy not greasy and nasty :-/ I don't need to blot with this in the winter but in the summer I blot with blotting papers 1st then reapply a very thin layer and it does not look cakey at all! I find that it makes my skin look smooth and reduces the appearance of pores( I don't have large ones) and is a beautiful finnish to my foundation. I apply this with a flat buffing powder brush, and I just bearly tap it on the powder, and I mean TAP not swirl, and then gently stipple a VERY THIN layer onto my face. It has a faint smell, kinda like fresh roses maybe? I can't put my finger on it, but its not over powering, I can only smell it when I put my nose to the powder and sniff! Lol I also read on a blog that it was being discontinued and I was gutted! So I contacted rimmel and they replied saying they are NOT discontinuing it that in fact they are adding more colors! I'm so glad to hear that cuz I have tried a bunch of brands from high end to drug store and this powder,IMHO, is the BEST.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Ribena76

One of the best powders I've tried so far.
I had used pressed powders before but never really rated them, and as I found Perfecting Minerals to be good enough, I didn't see any reason to change.
However after Collection 2000 sadly discontinued it, I decided to try this as it only cost 4 so if it turned out to be the worst thing ever, it would be no big loss to my finances.
I have combination skin so it can be quite difficult to find powders that work for me. Some are too drying while others seem to make oily areas worse.

Colour Range - Quite good for those with lighter skin tones, various ones to choose from. I use this in 006 Warm Beige which is a nice warm colour for my pale skin without making it look orangey and completely unnatural. Not so good for the darker ladies.
Texture and Appearance - Light and soft feeling, doesn't sink into fine lines (as long as you moisturise properly). Definitely matte as described, keeps oily t-zones shine free for hours. Can go nearly all day and into late evening most days without the need for touch ups.
Coverage - I would say this powder gives a rather good medium coverage for areas that need just that little bit more attention (but you've already used enough concealer!) Easy to build up on small areas without looking cakey.
Packaging - Comes in a simple round pan with a clear plastic lid. No brush included. The lid looks like it would come off easily in your bag. However I always keep one in my bag for emergencies, and have done so for the past year, and I am yet to have this happen. The only problem I've had is I accidentally dropped it on the floor and the powder itself broke up.

Overall this is a really good product for the price, I definitely recommend it being worth a try. I've now been using this for over a year with various foundations.