December 20, 2014 | 1479 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by skywriter24

This a very good powder. It is very light and sets my foundation well. The only thing I hate about it is the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this powder. I apply it with a makeup sponge after i put on my moisturizer and blot. I have horrible oily skin and all other powders or liquids have not helped at all. This hasn't helped me completely. It's not like i don't have to blot anymore, but i noticed it stays on all day long (even after i blot) and it has helped the oilyness somewhat. Comes off easy in the shower. It hasn't clogged my pores at all and does a great job at covering my small acne and scars. This is better though than any powder i've tried before. The price is unbelievably cheap. I bought it at walmart for about...3 or 4 dollars? Compared to all those other high-end powders i was really surprised this one worked especially because Rimmel is so cheap, many people think their products don't work. But they do. You'd be surprised sometimes how cheap things can actually be better than the expensive ones.

The only thing i have to complain about is the packaging. I would love to bring this powder with me on the go but i'm always afraid it's going to open because all it is, is a lid that doesn't snap or lock. I wish it'd come with a mirror or a makeup sponge by itself too, but i guess i can't complain so much considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by applecour

HG HG HG! I was skeptical about trying this powder. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC's studio fix powder. The MAC powder was great, but I couldn't seem to find the right match for my skin, and it wast controlling oil in my t-zone that well.

I read some reviews on this powder and decided to pick it up at Target this past week. I got the color "transparent" which doesn't really look transparent at all. It's a very light neutral color. I should have gotten one shade darker, but ill use this one with some bronzes until its gone.

It's awesome! I apply moisturizer, concealer, and then buff this all over my face and neck with a fluffy powder brush. I never need to touch up throughout the day. It keeps the oil away without looking overly dry. It's also a light coverage and sets concealer very well. I've also slept in this (terrible I know) and have not noticed any negative effects.

I love this powder. I'll never be without it. I wouldn't recommend using it without a moisturizer though, or for someone with dry skin as it may make you flaky and even more dry.

EDIT: I've recently started setting my foundation with MAC's Studio Fix Powder + again, and find that it works better in that area. However, I will ALWAYS keep a Stay Matte on hand as a blot powder. I feel Studio Fix is too heavy for blotting, so this is perfect. It'll be my HG blot powder, and Studio Fix will be my HG setting powder/powder foundation (:

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I have never found anything that will truley keep the area around my nose matte all day..but this does a great job eveywhere else and keeping the nose area matte the longest. My only issue is the packaging, being that most use this a a blotting powder it just seems it would make sense to make it in a compact. The stupid lid is always lost so fast. I have so much makeup and it takes so long with all the crap I gotta go through because of my ocd,everything has to be perfect most of the time, once it's time to leave everything is everywhere and trying to find the lid sucks. I can't just keep one in my purse because even when I know where the lid is it falls off so easy I'm afraid it will bust open in my purse. If they just made this in a normal compact it would be hg for me but they don't so while I'll cont to buy this I am still trying others to find possible hg.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Leslie5905

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This didn't work for me at all. It made my skin look very cakey, no matter what base I tried it with.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kiwachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder does not work for me at all! I bought this because it was so cheap, and I only heard good things about it. First of all, the lightest color is too dark for me, so it makes my skin look weird. Second, no matter how much or little I put on it looks SO powdery, and so cakey! Third, it keeps me matte for an hour - then back to being even more shiny!! It doesn't make my foundation last longer either.
I would never recommend this to anyone ever, even though it might work for others. Will go back to my Dream Matte from Maybelline.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

This is the best drugstore powder I've tried so far. I really like it because it actually keeps my face matte for most of the day. I don't get oily in my T-zone as I would with no powder or with other powders (i.e. Maybelline Dream Matte), so it does a great job in setting my make-up and also it doesn't look cakey. I find if I use a bit too much it can look really powdery but I just fix it with setting spray, which doesn't affect the overall performance of the powder. The only negative about this is the packaging and that the lid comes off too easily so if you're putting it in your bag then the lid will most likely come off and things will just get messy, however for the price you can't really complain. I think this is an amazing powder and it does its job :) Definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For the price, this is a overall pretty good pressed powder. This is my second favorite drug-store powder (Maybelline's Dream Matte powder being my all-time #1) because it is nice at controlling oil and is very resistant to becoming cakey looking.
Some downsides: I feel like I have to use more of this product than with other powders and the packaging is terrible (the lid is not hinged or attached to the base in any way so if you need to throw it in your purse it will make a mess).

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by SFlowers89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do love this powder. It is a superfine, smooth powder that is so easy to wear in a variety of ways. It's easy to use a kabuki and buff it over morning moisturizer for a sheer, matte look. I can wear it over BB cream for a medium coverage matte look. I've even used it to set my Revlon Colorstay, which is SUPER heavy coverage, without looking cakey or gross. It controls shine nicely without making you look "made up". Very natural and flattering. It looks good in pictures, too. It's only missing one star because the container is a little iffy. I would have liked a more secure lid. However, it's dirt cheap and I'd definitely buy again regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a bit of an emergency while out of town. I need a powder and had left mine at home. I have issues with powder as most of them tend to make me look ghosty. I am pale, but not a ghost. Anyway, I needed a powder to set my BB cream/tinted moisturizer and make it last longer so I was not constantly reapplying and to prevent creasing around my fine smile lines.

I bought the 011 shade Creamy Natural and it was a perfect match for my skin over the liquid foundation. I apply it lightly with a brush in a buffing motion right after applying the BB cream/tinted moisturizer. It sets things amazingly well and wears nicely.

I like the packaging style although the screw on top does not seal that securely.

This is probably the best powder I have bought so far and I will definitely buy it again when this runs out.