September 17, 2014 | 2183 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Animimi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been an amazing addition to my nighttime routine. I have oily skin and large pores, and using diluted ACV (50/50-ish) as a toner has made a huge difference for me. My skin was clean, soft and much clearer after using this for just a few days. Occasionally I've had a few dry patches, but using a weaker concentration of ACV and a little extra moisturizer fixed it right away.

I also love this as a hair rinse, and recently bought the tablets to try internally!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by xEuphoria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING. I love this stuff. I just use Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar, and it's worked wonders on my face. I use it every night, wait for 20 minutes, and then I put on another acne medication. I also drink a lot of water. Between these 3 things, my skin is nearly perfectly clear, and it hasn't been since I was in 4th grade. ACV is seriously a miracle. It does kind of burn if you have dry skin, but it doesn't hurt for long. And the smell is a bit weird at first, but you get used to it really fast. Overall, this stuff works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Chena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for 2 weeks now and I haven't seen a difference.. Will continue to update. I just wanted to say though DO NOT DO NOT absent mindedly put this on after you exfoliate/microdermabrate because it will BURN. I'm still cringing.

EDIT:
I've been using this everyday for months now! I think this is def what's helping my skin stay clear. I haven't had a major breakout in forever! It def controls the oilies. My skin is pretty tough so I put it on full strength morning and night

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2006 12:36:00 AM More reviews by crazy88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Apple Cider Vinegar for a few weeks now and all I can say is WOW! After I wash my makeup off at night, I put this on a cotton ball and add a few drops of water and use it like a toner. It has really made a difference in my skin. Less breakouts and very smooth even skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 2:56:00 AM More reviews by teenbear

This stuff is the best! I use it as a daily tonic with hot water and honey (apparently it is bad for teeth enamel so it is best to brush teeth after drinking apparently), as a toner mixed with green tea, and it has CHANGED MY LIFE as a haircare product.
I have fine, flyaway hair that is constantly in tangles. It would normally take me a good 10 minutes to get a comb through my hair after normal shampoo/conditioner routine. It is always, always frizzy no matter what the weather. I used to loathe my hair due to being so high maintenance and such a source of expense, but now my hair is great! No frizz, no tangles and I can run the finest tooth comb through it which is just incredible. My hair is also now much quicker to dry. I read somewhere that the ACV acts to give hair slip to prevent tangles and this has totally worked for me. See my notepad for more details on my hair routine - not enough room here. Has saved me money, time, frustration and the environment as I now use a lot less packaging! I could not be without this wonder product. (Oh, and it has also given me great nails as they are drenched in ACV when I 'shampoo'. It's miracles are never ending!)UPDATE 26 August 2006. I am now back to using shampoo and conditioner after starting to get a bit of dandruff from baking soda. Doing this routine has totally clarified my hair and my hair is still great, so I would still absolutely recommed this for 6 weeks or so and then return to S&C. (I am using LUSH hair products now.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Liow

HOLY BEJEZUS! Ok, I'm definitely jumping on the apple cider vinegar band wagon. This summer had really been taking a toll on my skin, on top of that I drink coffee pretty often and I think that was making my skin go haywire. Crazy huge gross pores on my nose, and crapload of little bumps on my forehead, sporadic pimples (but always at least one),just overall ICK. I read about the ACV a lot time ago but never was motivated enough to find a health store. Well I did and I'm soo glad I did. It's been about a week now that I've been regularly using this (night and day and sometimes midday,whenever the mood strikes). I mixed 1/2ACV with 1/2concentrated green tea and wow. Just wow. My skin is amazinggggg. It's smoother, my acne scars have definitely faded, my pores are better (theyre still there though,stupid genes!), and the little bumps on my forehead? Nearly completely gone, I'm sure just a lil more time with this godly toner and they'll all go away. THANK YOU MAKEUPALLEY and all the users who shared this amazing secret with people like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by KristaLynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lightbulb! Now I get it!! I tried out the LaMer Body Lotion and noted that it smelled just like Acetic Acid. It was a strong odor too. I have never heard of using Acetic Acid as a Dermatological treatment before. But "acid" is "in" now for peels. (When I was young it was a different kind of "acid" that was "in" ut that is another story.)
Since I worked in a lab for years I knew that Vinegar is a dilute Acetic Acid. Cooking vinegar runs around 5 to 10% Acetic Acid.
There you have it, Ladies. Vinegar is one of La Mer's secret ingredients.
I read that some have been mixing the vinegar with other substances such as aspirin. I strongly suggest that you are certain that you know all the properties and potential interactions between two substances before you mix them together so that you do not end up with a violent reaction or toxic fumes. This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that you should never ever let chlorine bleach and ammonia come in contact with each other because of the toxic fumes. Ammonia is in many hair products as well.
Be careful out there!

28 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by captainlulu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. I use 3/4 ACV with 1/4 green tea. My skin has never looked so good. I would recommend this to anyone with problem skin. If it's too drying, it can easily be diluted down. I use ACV as a toner after aqua glycolic face wash. Before these two items, my skin was extremely oily and acne prone. I was ashamed to leave the house sometimes. If you have problem skin it's definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by thekate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have been saving my "reviews" on products for the one or few products that i have seen a REAL improvement from, and i must say, acv toner is my first review and i really hope it helps others as much as its helped me!!
i have been using acv toner, made with bragg's apple cider vinegar (1/3) + rosewater (2/3) both products found easily at Whole Foods markets, for less than a week now.. i would say it's been about four days, only 4 days and i've noticed a change in my skin already!! that is an incredible feat for me! i rarely ever see any results from the gajillions of products i've bought over the years!
i'm 22 years old and have always had sometimes very oily/combo/acne prone skin. never have i gone through any sort of massive breakouts, just a zit here and there once in a while... just until this past year. this past starting october is when i started to notice minor acne forming in places it never used to ever form before and the more i tried to prevent more from popping up (by using everything from proactiv to all the mua recommended products) the more acne came and it was so darn persistant! i grew depressed because i did not know the cause for my massive breakout and there was no end to it, no matter what i tried! luckily, i read about acv toner and the many good things it did for a lot of people, and i finally got my butt to wholefoods to buy and try it myself. i'm very happy with the results thus far! the pimples on my cheeks/hairline/chin are fading away with no new pimples so far, my skintone has shown slight improvement and i am confident that with more usage my skin will return to what it used to look like, pre-acne!
i've also been using mario badescu's buffering lotion on problem areas at night and the proactiv's repairing lotion on the face during the morning after the toner. so far so good, and i hope that i'm on the way to a clear face! if anyone has doubts, just try it, can't hurt since its easy to make and cheap compared to everything else out there!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

I have been using this for a week and I have to say the changes in my skin are remarkable. I am very fair, have a lot of redness/uneven tone from sun damage and a derma-sanding procedure done about 1.5 years ago. Also some large pores and oily skin on the T-zone. I started off using White House brand apple cider vinegar, 1/3 diluted to 2/3 distilled water. This had nice results in and of itself but then I read further reviews that suggested using Bragg's, i.e., a raw, unpasteurized ACV with the "mother", combined with green tea, so I made up a batch of that: 1/2 Bragg's to 1/2 green tea. Wow! What a difference! After only about 3 days of use my skin tone has evened to the point that I would actually consider leaving my house without foundation. My skin is smooth to the touch and positively GLOWS. *With* foundation my skin looks nearly flawless and the makeup lasts much longer without requiring touch-ups. This stuff is the BOMB! Others have mentioned the smell but I don't notice it much. Anyway, after the rinse with water the smell disipates quickly. I wish I had discovered this 7+ years ago when my skin was really in trouble. Amazing stuff, and dirt cheap.