October 25, 2014 | 1235 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by GLAMOURjunki21

this stuff is ok when you put it on, the colors look nice on your face even if its not the EXACT match like everyones complaining about. i have oily acne prone skin, this stuff didnt give me any zits, it just made my zits "come to a head" u know, that white bump on top - yes. i use maybellines pure makeup which is the BESt but i use this stuff as my concealer cause i lyk the coverage. Over-all this is pretty good but im always looking for soomething better and theres plenty in the jar to last a while so i probably wont buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Xelda

This is not one of Almay's best liquid foundations, but it is decent enough. The coverage is medium, so it can make your skin tone look more even but you will need to wear a concealer underneath if you have fresh acne marks to hide. I think this foundation falls short of being as good as Almay's recently discontinued line because it's so hard to blend into the skin. That means if you get up close to the mirror, it's very obvious you're wearing make-up although it's not quite the cakey look. The foundation takes a little longer to dry after you apply it to your skin, but even afterwards you need to rub it in a little more and brush (not pat) on some powder to get a natural look. On the plus side, this foundation has very good long wear. I can wear it all day sweating in the heat, and it stays on without seeming to break me out. I like the shape of the bottle it comes in; I think it would make it easier to get down to the last drop of make-up in the bottle. But the lid is kind of screwy so you do NOT want to shake the bottle while the lid is still on. The foundation ends up getting stuck in the lid, which is hard to wipe off, so you end up having foundation drip all over the bottle every time you screw the lid back on. Other cons would be the smell--not great but not unbearable, and no SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2006 9:47:00 AM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

With the new re-vamped Almay, I decided I should maybe give the product a go. I have acne prone skin, and since Neutrogena worked so well for me I thought maybe I'd have the same kind of luck with the Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup.

I'm not saying it's a bad choice for everyone, but a bad choice for people with fair skin, even the lightest shade in their collection was way too dark for my skin, medium skintones and definitely yellow undertones can pull it off, peaches and cream...you might as well look somewhere else.

The consistency isn't the best, it's a little too liquid-y in my opinion, and with the horrible packaging it makes it that much worse!

There really isn't all too much to say but I absolutely would not recommend this product. You really are better off with the Neutrogena.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2006 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Melness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The coverage with this is very good. I find mixing it with moisturiser gives a natural, glowing finish and if applied in layers on its own, it just gives full coverage.

I did find it a bit drying though, and hard to blend, so I moisturise each bit of skin directly before I put on the foundation, then it's fine.
The colour (naked) is alright if blended properly. It's slighty orange if you put a little too much on.

I have actually seen an improvement in my skin after using this product.

It stays on well, espcially when set with powder.

The only problems are getting used to blending properly. With other foundations you can just rub it in but with this I have to take more time.

EDIT and of course, one of the best foundations I've ever used and they no longer sell it in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ILoveBuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello, perfect-looking skin! I love this foundation after a week of usage. I am broken out from a bad experience with PF Mineral Wear, and picked this up. My skin has calmed down considerably since I started wearing it, and an added bonus is that I barely get oily now when usually I'd be blotting by noon. This has light but buildable coverage, and covers my red marks left from this breakout. I have nothing bad to say about this foundation, except that I'm giving it only 4 lippies because I can't get an EXACT match, although Neutral is very close and I can make it work with good blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by mercury_starla

this is the only foundation that I let touch my face! my skin is extremely sensitive so it was a miracle to find this. it doesnt break me out and looks very natural, almost like I air brushed my face. I get compliments with this. I love it. the only thing is the bottle stinks. but id still buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by mlee1112

This could be my HG! I have this in Sand and it's a pretty close match for my skin. It goes on smoothly and gives good coverage without looking obvious or mask-like. My husband always said my other bases "look good while you're putting it on, then it starts looking funny once it's dried." Well, he gave this one his stamp of approval-and actually said this looks very natural on me! It also controls oil very well, and doesn't accentuate any lines or flakes. And while it doesn't seem to heal blemishes, it doesn't appear to cause them either. Love this stuff! EDIT: I still think this is a good product, but have since switched to Everyday Minerals mineral foundation. I find it looks more natural while still giving me the coverage I need (and it never breaks me out!).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sarah6ee88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also use this in buff, I like this stuff a lot. Thats very rare cming from me because i have really sensitive skin... Since I've been using this my skin has cleared up a bit.. It looks nice and natural on, and not too matte but it does absorb a good amount of oil. I love it.. Almay is my new HG

EDIT: Had to bring it back because the S-acid was burning my face. my skin is extra sensitive from Retin-a.. otherwise its a great fndtn

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I was using a powder foundation(Inner Light from Aveda) but I found I was going through it too fast and not getting the coverage I needed. Plus it is expensive. But this liquid is amazing(and pretty economical). My skin looks flawless. The color "Buff" works well for my pale skin. It's a perfect match. I don't know about blemish healing but it hasn't caused a break out yet. I had a coupon for Almay and I am glad I chose this. I don't think I would have tried it unless I had a coupon. Yes, they could improve on the glass bottle. A pump would be great. I think I've found my new favorite liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

I bought this b/c I'm still in search of a great fdtn. I have acne prone skin. .see a derm, and use this.. well my skin is often dry or flaky cos of the perscriptions but this seems to do well.. it doesnt make me oily. .and its nice and sort of dewy. the coverage is pretty good on a good face day.. and the packaging i use a spong and dont use a lot so i odnt have probs w/ spillage or anything. .i like this so far.. we'll see !