Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 11/9/2006 5:37:00 PM

This is a very drying foundation. My skin actually started peeling by the end of the day. Not attractive. Almay really screwed up when it discontinued Amazing Lasting. This is no substitute. I hope they bring back Amazing Lasting soon.

on 10/31/2006 6:10:00 AM

Didn't really help my skin at all in relatin to break outs. It was OKAY. Not good but not bad. Ideal Matte has been better for my skin. Although be warned it has a lot of silicones in it! I'd say it has medium coverage and FAIRLY long lasting. I gave it a price rating of 4 cos for what it was I think it should've been cheaper! Why would I pay for a $30-35 AUD foundation when a few more would get me a better product from Shiseido or Clinique (although I'm not a big fan of Clinique)

on 10/23/2006 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Good stuff for my skin type, combo/breakout prone. My husband commented the other night that my skin was "glowing". That NEVER happened before!! :) Good coverage and staying power. Will absolutly buy again!

on 10/4/2006 9:01:00 PM

It was alright at first, the first couple applications looked really nice. I was using this (the liquid) and the powder foundation over it.
It totally broke me out and it tends to turn pretty orange. I gave it two lippys for the packaging and odor. They were both alright.

on 9/21/2006 2:39:00 PM

I like it, but don't love it. I get better coverage using neutrogena skin clearing foundation. It does, however feel very lightweight throughout the day, but the coverage wears off. EDIT... I have used this for about a week now, and I love it. It is lightweight, and it keeps oil at bay longer than my neutrogena foundation. It has nice light coverage, when I want more coverage- I just use powder over it.

on 9/20/2006 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wasn't crazy about it. Made my skin more oily and didn't provide great coverage. It also didn't help with breakouts - caused me to breakout more. Ugh. Won't be buying again.

on 9/4/2006 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this pretty randomly at Eckerd a few days ago and decided to look it up on makeupalley when I got home. I was surprised with all of the positive comments as I usually have problems with drugstore foundations. I am happily surprised by the results I got from this. The coverage is excellent and the Ivory matches my skin perfectly. It really is helping to clear my skin ... the blemishes I had when I started using this foundation a few days ago are going away more quickly than usual and I haven't had any new ones since I started using it. My only complaint is that it is very drying. It has 2% salicylic acid, which is great for healing blemishes but it does start peeling my skin after several hours. The skin on my hand where I had poured it to apply even flaked off several hours after I had washed my hand ... that's powerful stuff. I will stick with this, though, until my recently broken out skin gets back to normal. The part I'm happiest about is the coverage - it really is great, better than any drugstore brand I've tried.

on 7/30/2006 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My favorite foundation at the moment. It has really great coverage for me. It doesn't so much get rid of acne, but it definitly helps keep new acne from forming. Because it has the Salicylic Acid it helps calm my nerves that it's making my face break out.

update: I've moved on to powder foundation now :)

on 7/27/2006 5:05:00 AM

Amazingly silky-smooth finish makeup, v. good coverage and lasts well even in the heat (I use powder on top and blot at lunchtime). Doesn't grease up or dehydrate my skin (and my skin is difficult to cater for! combo/acne-prone + sensitive). Fairly cheap but packaging is poor - tall standing glass bottle that leaks easily, v. wide opening and difficult to pour into hand to apply (though the foundation itself is easy to apply) and therefore not portable at all. It's runniness also means it's difficult to decant. Will repurhcase however, and just use at home.

on 7/1/2006 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love how this foundation keeps my oily skin in check. But I have 2 problems, one I can't seem to find the right color match and two the packaging sucks. As the foundation starts to run out, it's getting harder and harder to get it out without spilling it all over the place. But I can live with it. I don't know if it's actually helping my zits, but my skin isn't as oily, so it's okay. If I could just get the perfect color, this would totally be my HG, hands down.