April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2004 6:14:00 AM More reviews by darkprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a surprisingly good product. I am a bit skeptical about neutrogena, but I needed something to help me clear out my breakouts.
I used this as a mask the first few days, and it really dried out my skin. I have normal/dry skin, so I guess that's why it wasn't a very bright idea to apply it all over my face. It did help some acne, but I was so annoyed with the flakes, I didn't care.
Now, I apply tiny dots of this stuff on my zits (mostly whiteheads) and sometimes leave it overnight. It really dries them up, and helps wonderfully.
However it does leave the area a bit flaky, hence the 4 lippies, not 5. Still, very good for a drugstore brand. And I do like the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cherylk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Because of the great reviews on this website I sent off to drugstore.com to order this. As a cleanser it's a bit on the mild side for me. I have the kind of skin that is an oil slick by the end of the day and prone to break outs. I need something really strong to get rid of all that sebum and this is so-so at that, BUT as a mask it's great. Applied to already clean skin it gives a nice tingling feeling and the small pimples I had around my hair-line seemed to be significanly reduced (inflamation was down) after using this as a mask. I'll keep using it and give further feedback.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I am on my third tube of this...it is the only thing that tames my crazy combo skin.. if they ever stop making this.. I don't know what I would do if they ever stopped making this.. I use it daily, esp. in the summer months, only in my T-zone, in the morning, just to wisk away the nighttime oilies that occur..and then during the week as needed as a mask.. truly the best thing that I have ever purchased..PLEASE NEVER DISCONTINUE THIS PRODUCT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mkplvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this yesterday so i will update if any problems occur. I used this last night as a spot treatment over epsom salt toner for a few hormonal pimples and it definetly made a difference. This morning i applied a thin layer all over (again on top of epsom salt toner) and then after 5 min. i used water to lather a bit and rinsed off. Pimples are barely noticable and my face looks smooth, no irritation or redness either. I'll probably spot treat with this on new pimples, and use as a mask about once or twice a week. As of now i would re-purchase this as a supplement to my regimine again for my combo/sensitive/acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2004 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Bournette

I luuurv the smell of this product, i wanna eat it! It makes my skin feel so clean and fresh. Definatley helps with breakouts and isn't drying for me. But I don't use it to remove makeup and I wouldn't recommend doing that. The mask is also amazing. I had to get this product from a friend in England 'cause we don't get it here but they better start getting it here 'cause it's the BOMB!

Ok Update: This stuff was great until I noticed how red my face got after using the cleanser. I think I'm just gonna reduce the frequency of use but I'm still gonna use the mask.I also had a major breakout lately while using this stuff but let's hope it isn't the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2004 3:20:00 AM More reviews by melyody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great cleanser. I'm sensitive to salcylic acid, so this cleanser with the benzoyl peroxide is a lifesaver. I use it as a mask as needed and cleanser every day. One warning: make sure it's REALLY washed off your face before you dry off--I have a couple of towels that have bleach marks all over them from this stuff--but to me, it's worth it--I just have a special old towel for my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2004 10:25:00 PM More reviews by rastame

A++. I haven't experienced any bad breakouts since I've been using this (about 4 weeks or so). I use it as a nightly cleanser and about once a week as a mask. Is not drying to my skin at all. Feels fresh and clean afterwards. If my skin stays this way, I will continue to use...Fingers are crossed! EDIT: Well the cysts and other zits are back, yippee yay yay.. So maybe not as great as I had thought. Also, this started to be a bit drying on my chin after a month or so. Maybe it didn't work quite as well since I had to alternate with other products?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 11:55:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good after a week's use. At 30, I'm cursed with more breakouts than I had 15 years ago. I'm using this mask each night in hopes of warding off more of the little beasts. My existing breakouts seem to be drying up and with the exception of a spot on my chin, I don't seem to be breaking out as much normal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by blooming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works great! I thought it might be too drying, but it's actually perfect for the summer. Has just the right amount of grit, tingles just a bit and when I've got a few extra minutes, I use it as a mask to extra cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2004 10:47:00 PM More reviews by PaleBaby

I absolutely love this stuff; I'm on my 3rd or 4th bottle, and will continue to purchase it again and again. I've never used an acne cleanser or mask that has been so consistent; I can always rely on this stuff when I feel a break-out coming on, and thanks to it, I hardly ever actually break-out anymore. I use it as a mask about once every 2 weeks or so, and as a cleanser in the shower each day; I don't find it to be too drying, as long as I moisturize afterwards. It's also pretty affordable, and lasts well, as long as you don't use too much at a time, (and you only need a little...) My HG acne treatment!

UPDATE: This stuff is still working miracles for my skin, but it's becoming harder and harder to find! The last bottle I found was at Zellers with the discount items, and it'd been marked down to about 2/3 of the original price. PLEASE tell me Neutrogena isn't discontinuing this product? :*( continued >>