April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

It's a nice neutral nude baby pink color, than looks best combined with a light pink lipgloss on top. I wear MAC Slicked Pink Lipgelee or MAC Prrr lipglass on top of this. Alone it looks a bit boring, and it has a tendency to dry out my lips. A good alternative to MAC 15 Minutes lipstick which I love, but was sadly LE. I don't find this lipstick looks frosty on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying, I don't usually wear MAC lipsticks. Over the years I didn't have much luck with them. I bought many, and all have gone back because they make me look like a zombie, or they made my lips dry/crack. Not good. So I did not think this would work for me, but I went to the counter anyway. This lippie is beautiful. Creamy, no visible shimmer, not sure why it's called a frost, I don't see it... I bought this to try with the Turkish Delight NARS l/g. My lips are fairly pigmented and this combo does not make me look like the living dead! I don't particularly like Kim Kardashian, but I think she is beautiful and her lips are TDF. I thought I'd try to replicate the look. And Angel with the l/g on top does make my lips look fuller and poutier. It's a winning combo. I also bought the Stripdown liner, but it maybe be too dark for my lips. There's something 'off' about Stripdown one me. I'll have to try it a few times to decide. But this lippie is a winner. I'll wear it with some lip balm underneath to battle any dryness, just in case.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I'm a big fan of MAC's lipsticks but I never tried the frost formula until I purchased Angel (due to the hype about how Kim Kardashian uses this lipstick with Stripdown liner and NARS Turkish Delights l/g). I was intrigued and read the reviews about how Angel is not frosty (I hate frosty lipsticks and I stay away from metallic lipsticks).

I have to say that I agree with others who have described the formula - Angel is really not a frosty lipstick at all. It has a subtle shimmer in the tube but when I apply Angel on my lips, I don't notice the shimmer at all. It's also more sheer than I expected it to be. In fact, in terms of formula, Angel seems more like a lustre.

Angel is a cool-toned light pastel pink. It's not a bright, in-your-face pink and I definitely wouldn't call it a Barbie pink. I like to mix it up with other lipsticks (usually beige) to get a nice nude beige-pink lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

I can't believe I'm finally saying this but I have FOUND MY HG LIPSTICK!!! I am so obsessed with this stuff now, no joke. Looks amazing and feels so soft and smooth!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Pretty color, great texture, fair price, so 4 stars. However I won't buy again b/c the color is too pink for my complexion. I'm sure the color would be beautiful on someone with the right coloring though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by nica21

I like it because its so smooth and creamy and last long. I thought it would be more frosty and light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 11:17:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thanks sooo much for the review brookecouture :) I went running to Nordy's to buy this look as I also LOVE Kim K's look. She is definitely the most beautiful of the 3 sisters. I already owned MAC's Stripdown-so when I got there I immediately went to the counter and asked for the l/l & the l/s to try them out, I then walked over to the Nars counter and applied Turkish Delight and it was a total winner. When I first saw the l/s I thought "NO WAY!" it looked really bubblegum pink and it doesn't have any frost IMO but to my great surprise it went on so beautifully w/the SD l/l it tones down the pink of the l/s. I think this color can be flattering on different skin tones if it's applied w/a complimentary l/l for your skin tone. I say give it a try before you buy that way if it doesn't work you can always walk away.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Isyss456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On my lips, there is nothing neutral about this color, it is very Barbie, bright pink. It's not an awful color though, and the formula is smooth and creamy, but I dont really detect any frost. I want to like it, but its a little too bright and bubblegum for my tastes. Im sure it looks good on someone though ( I actually saw this on a model in Vibe magazine, and it looked so pretty), plus the formula is good, therefore I gave it three lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

Never in a million years would I have picked Angel out for myself. It just didn't look like "me" in the tube. I had 2 sets of B2M and had read Kim Kardashian (whom I think is amazingly beautiful) wears Angel l/s with Stripdown l/l and NARS Turkish Delight lip gloss. We have similar coloring (obviously shes tanner lol) So I grabbed up Angel as a B2M figuring, well if I hate it, it was free, so what lol

I LOVE this lippie. I did it up exactly like Kim K and it actually seemed to make my lips fuller and poutier. This look is definately an HG for me. I never would have picked this OR that liner for it without knowing that it was her signature lip look. This is a MUST TRY ladies! And if you hate it, send it to me because I will definately be needing back ups!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

This pretty, neutral pink lipstick is perfect for spring and summer (I prefer Syrup in the fall and winter). Never Barbie-like or little girl-ish, it's a staple in my makeup bag. It's not shimmery at all, but very creamy and feels luxurious to apply.