April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sjpbabyd0ll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

wanted to like this after hearing rave reviews about it on youtube. loved it at first, it lasted well, and then it changed on me. it oxidizes terribly - makes my skin look very dull, way too matte, and too dark/almost orange! looks cakey no matter how little of it I apply, and throughout the day I can almost watch my skin change darker on my face. I hate it! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such a great and affordable foundation! Initially it matches my skin perfectly but it tends to oxidize a little bit within a few minutes so make sure you don't buy one that is already darker than your own shade. I found that the best way to apply it is using a beauty blender sponge or a generic foundation brush as it tends to look cakier if you use some other brushes (ie. Sephora's airbrushed foundation brush). It stays on all day, looks great in pictures, and does not break me out at all (and I have to admit I have slept with it on on a few nights).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this. I really, truly did. I watched all the videos on youtube with the gurus raving about it. I went out and bought it on my lunch hour yesterday, in the shade 810 Classic Ivory. For reference, I'm an NC15/NARS Gobi (fair with golden undertones) and have normal/normal-slightly combination skin. When I got back to work, I couldn't wait to get home and try it out, so I applied it on top of the Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream I already had on. It looked AMAZING. I was beyond in love. I was ready to go throw my bottles and jars of Revlon ColorStay in the trash can. The color seemed to match okay, if maybe a bit too dark, so I stopped at the store after work and picked up a bottle of 805 Ivory, thinking that might work better.

I had planned to take my son out to dinner last night, so I washed my face and applied the Ivory shade by itself. Looked like a wonderful match! My skin looked beautiful. All was well. Gradually though, I noticed my face was REALLY starting to itch... But my skin has been a bit itchy in general lately so I didn't think too much of it. Then just a few hours later, I noticed I had a small red bump on my cheek; the kind I get when my face is being irritated by something I'm putting on it. I had also applied a new CoverGirl blush that evening and hoped that was culprit. I did notice though that the itching stopped nearly completely after washing my face before bed.

So this morning I thought I'd really give it a fair try! I applied Ivory and went about my morning, making breakfast. I looked in the mirror in the natural lighting in the kitchen and saw that my face was horribly PINK. This didn't show at all in the artifical lighting, but in natural lighting - WOW. I also noticed my face felt a little tight and the itching was starting again. So I took my son to school, came back home, washed my face, and put on the Classic Ivory. Looked at it in natural lighting and it was too dark and peachy. So I washed my face once again and put on my beloved Lioele TTS BB Cream and gave up on the CG for now. I'm going to take the Ivory shade back but will keep the Classic Ivory to try again in the summer when I'm darker and my skin doesn't have the tendency to dry out so much. As for the itching, we'll see. I will update my review in a month or so when I'm able to try it again. I may also try mixing it with a lighter foundation or BB Cream to see how that goes.

So in short, the positives: Love the glass bottle with the pump! Why can't Revlon do this? This foundation really IS buildable to full coverage and has such a unique, flawless finish. Doesn't look cakey *unless* you have dry areas on your skin. Doesn't have an extremely strong scent, but I do smell something similar to the ColorStay smell, but much more faint. It also has SPF20, which is really impressive for a foundation! And the cons: Color selection - it seems like every shade has pink in it - especially the lightest shade, and not all fair-skinned people have pink tones! CoverGirl has never understood (or acknowledged) this. Second, I really don't see how anyone with dryish skin could ever wear this. Third, it irritated my skin, making it very itchy and causing visible signs of irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by kasiecakes

This foundation lasts the longest of all my drugstore long-wear foundations. Colorstay pales in comparison with the new 3 in 1 foundation when it comes to long-lasting coverage. Oil control is fantastic and I find I only need to blot once or twice every 3-4 hours. My skin is oily and breakout prone, but this has yet to give me any problems. My only gripe with the line is that the colors run slightly pink and oxidize on my skin. I am about NC25 in MAC foundations and I'm currently using the shade Medium Beige in this foundation. It is a little bit pink, but it's fine if I contour in with bronzer. The packaging is a lockable pump with a clear cap, which is an A in my book.

Also, I don't feel like I need to powder after this foundation. It sets quickly to a demi matte finish that feels like powder on the skin. Overall, I would give this a 4.5 if possible. If only I could find a perfect color match...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have 3 foundations that I rotate and this is one of them. I have YSL TE,
Rimmel Lasting Finish and this. I love all of them. I have this is color 810 and it's just a smidgen too light...but something only I would notice.
What I love about this foundation is that I could go almost all day without having to blot my very oily forehead which is otherwise unheard of. I like the finish.
It's thicker then my other foundations but I don't have a problem blending if my face is prepped. I like to use Soap & Glory Fab Pore scrub every 2 days to create that smooth surface beforehand.
If my face feels a bit dry from washing, I'll use a little bit of a silicone type primer first to help the foundation glide on easier...I use Monistat anti chafing gel for that.
I could give this foundation 5 stars but I'm trying to not dish out 5 stars too much...unless it's as perfect as it gets. And it does last all day on me....something that my YSL, as beautiful as it is doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by kisskissbangbang1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

First off, my skin is extremely acne prone and oily. I have been a huge Revlon Color Stay fan for years but heard so many good reviews about this foundation I figured I'd try it out. AND I AM IN LOVE
This foundation stays matte far longer than the colorstay and I also find that it doesn't look cakey or oxidize throughout the day. I only use one pump and it covers my whole face (even most of my acne scars and red spots). I still use my MAC prolongwear concealer on my dark acne scars but that's to be expected:)

If you're a fan of Revlon Color Stay, definitely give this foundation a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Missjayalyssa

This is my favorite foundation out of all of the ones that I have tried (and I have tried quite alot). I have very acne prone skin and my cheeks are constantly red, and this foundation covers it right up! It does break me out a little bit, but nothing major. After I wash my face in the morning, I put on my acne medication first. I get dressed and let it sink in for a little bit. I then apply my sunscreen (sunscreen is important loves!) and my clear prep fx primer from cover fx (sephora). Then I apply my foundation, I don't recommend putting this straight on your face without any type of primer and/or lotion in between it because it will clog your pores (acne people). So to minimize the break out, just put some lotion on. If you don't wear foundation everyday and are looking for something that'll cover redness in one step, this is the foundation for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Bcrumb85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For my sick type it was not a good foundation. I have normal to combo, sensitive and acne prone. I used it one time and I got little red dots all over my face. I thought it was my primer because it was also the first time I tried it also. Speed up to 3 days later my face is awful. I have never had cystic acne before but this foundation has given me it. Wanted it to work but unfortunately my skin is allergic to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually dont use drugstore foundations but I ran out of my usual one night and needed to buy something fast. I ended up purchasing this...finding a shade was not easy...I bought ivory because it's the palest shade they offered.

The Pros: This foundation has a great matte finish, it sets on its own without needing to use a powder (but I still use one anyway) and it lasts ALL DAY. I usually get a super shiny nose 5 hours into the day but with the stuff I don't need to touch up my makeup at all. This stuff would be great for oil/combination skin, but also work for dry skin because it doesn't catch or stick to dry patches.

The Cons: The shade selection really sucks. Im very fair but have more neutral/warm undertones and all they have to offer is a light pink undertone. So i usually end up looking like I have a mask thats a different colour (so i use a yellow toned powder to balance this out). Also this stuff breaks me out if I wear it every day. Once I put it on for more than 3 days in a row I get clogged pores all over my chin and my skin just...looks like crap. But I think that's just a personal thing, I have very sensitive skin.

I really do like this foundation, even though the cons are pretty bad I do like to use this occasionally on days when Im out for 12 hours and don't have time to touch my makeup. Its also great for nights out...I have danced and sweated the night away and this stuff is still there!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by lesliecstllns

I received this product through bzzagent and thought t would hold up to the hype and i broke out after the first day. its light to med coverage and the color selection is not large. when i first put it on i noticed it settling into the pores on my nose.
for a foundation with an infused primer, i expected more.