October 24, 2014 | 1529 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I prefer dryer mascaras as opposed to really wet ones, which this is. I applied one coat and it went on really heavy and wet making my lashes look spidery. Like an idiot I tried to "fix" it somehow with another coat and it made it even worse if that's possible! I have since tried to make this mascara work for me bc so many ppl seem to love it but for me this mascara is awful. I would NOT repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara! Doesn't clump, goes on smoothly, and a decent waterproof hold. I bought black in waterproof. When I ran out, I tired various other brands to see if I'd like them better- but this one is still my favorite. I will definitely repurchase next chance I get!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

AW YEAH THIS GUY IS A KEEPER :D! I've been loyal to my maybelline falsies and full n' soft. BUT...I wanted to try this guy since there has been lots of positive hype around it.

I did buy the waterproof version, so you know, since I have oily lids and lashes which refuse to hold a curl. short and straight stubby asian lashes are what I have to work with. I feel like this does just as well as my maybelline falsies but separates a tad better. I know, so meticulous of me to even notice but I do. The bulky wand really hugs and seperates my lashes with ease. No clumps, nada! No matter how many coats I swipe on it stays looking pretty. It lengthens and adds volume very well and most importantly it holds curls.

I was tempted to get the mega plush mascara and I'm glad I didn't. This is a new staple mascara for me :D For only $6 at target, it's such a steal.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by roseroach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of mascara's. But this one was a disappointment. It didn't give me volume and it wouldn't cruel my lashes. Maybe I just got a bad batch or something. I'am willing to give it a try again but not right now

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara separates and thickens for only 5 bucks. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Peachkisses1314

I think people have too high of expectations when it comes to a 5 dollar mascara. Mascaras are "goopy" and there's nothing wrong with a wet mascara! However this mascara has done AMAZING things for my lashes. It lengthens, volumizes and is super black in color. And it never flakes. Which is an issue with me for a lot of maybelline mascaras. If you love loreal voluminous carbon black, you will LOVE this. It is just as buildable and has a sexy "clump" look if you put enough on. This does age very nicely just as voluminous, the formula dries, and I get the same separation as lash blast, but more length and volume. Amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Very hard to remove. Dries out quickly. Had high hopes for this. Used to use Maybelline The Falsies & Cover Girl Lash Blast, which are both, in my opinion, superior to this. As for volume, it is ok. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this product. Be careful as it may be watery the first few days and clump a tiny bit. But do not get disappointed. After about a week, it gets a little more dry and then, it is like a miracle!

It curls lashes, adds volume and length. If you have long or medium lashes, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE this. It is one of my favorite mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by shaniquah1104

I heard a lot of great things about this mascara, I went out and bought it. Nope. Big mistake. It clumps a lot after 2 coats for me. It does add length, so I found a new trick with this mascara because I didn't wanna waste my money, so take your favorite mascara, other than this one, and curl your lashes, and use this only on the TIPS of your lashes, and then keep extending it, but make sure you're not using it like you normally would. Put some of the product on the tips until you see that it lengthens. Then, use your favorite mascara like you normally would. It gives the same results, except it's less clumpier. ( Depends on your favorite mascara )
I hope this helps the people that found it clumpy. It's great for bottom lashes too though, just do the same steps like I said, but reversed! :) Overall I didn't really like this mascara, too clumpy, and the bristles hurt.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lolabean93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Too much product comes out on the brush and it just clumps like crazy!