October 2, 2014 | 1076 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lolabean93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Too much product comes out on the brush and it just clumps like crazy!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Gainor

This was a slightly better then average mascara. It added some length and fullness to my lashes, but once in a while it will clump badly if I try to put to much mascara on my eyelashes. The wand is really huge which I like in my mascaras and I would definitely buy it again because it is cheaper then my bare minerals mascara that I buy from ulta. Give this mascara a try :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

EDIT: I've done this for years, it's my secret beauty tip that I'm finally revealing--if you have the time, apply your mascara laying down looking in a compact mirror. If you wanna test to see the difference, do it. Apply mascara to one eye laying down (flat, head on one pillow) then other eye a regular way, like looking the bathroom mirror. This did not flake nor smudge. Actually it never does whenever I have it on, even when I take a nap flaking and smudging is very minimal. This is Maybelline kicking Cover Girl's Lash Blast's ass, which is not only CG's ONLY quality product, but hard to believe. But believe it! The brushes are similar, I think the Rocket's is bigger though. Love getting the best lashes for a low amount of money.

OH. MY GOD. I. AM SO. HAPPYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I have been working w Maybelline Mega Plush, Maybelline Falsies Flared, and Pixi Lash Booster (not all at once, just whatever I feel like). I hate Falsies, I should've thrown my tube away a long time ago. It flakes as you put it on until you take it off. Enough. Mega Plush and Lash Booster are my favorites, but they are so identical that I would never suggest buying LB unless it was identical in price to MP. To be detailed, I despise MP's brush--it is too big and I often get mascara on my lid and I hate that but what I hate even more is poking my eye frequently because the brush is so big! LB is the inkiest dripping wet black mascara I've ever seen and I love that about it. Okay, onto why the Rocket is my favorite mascara in the world right now. My lashes never curl. It's like they die down from the weight of any product on it. My lashes naturally stick straight out. The Rocket is THE ONLY mascara that curls my lashes UP! And they stay that way! Mega Plush may create more thickness, but what's the point when my lashes can't stay up for others to see them?! It's like a guy having a big package but unable to get excited hahahahaha. If you already have thick lashes, you will have the most amazing ones with the Rocket for around $4 and some change. I would say this mascara has super powers in curling, lengthening, seperating, defining, and NO CLUMPING YAYYY. Another lovely thing, the brush is perfect, it's not too big nor too small. You can reach those lashes on the inner rim, you can get that hard-to-reach section that is the bottom of the outermost lashes. Love this. LOVE THIS! Will update after my 24 hour test to tell on any flaking or smudging, whether it's minimal or not.

Just tried it on my bottom lash for the review (because I never actually do my bottom lash line) and it did not flake, did not clump and smear or smudge. I look like my girl friends on facebook with photos upclose with their long awesome lashes. It just makes eyes so much more beautiful. I look like a dolly. :>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the reviews I read here, but I was very disappointed. When I pulled the plug out of the tube so I could dunk the brush in, it had a glop of mascara on it, so instead of putting the brush in, I wiped the glop onto the brush, so really there wasn't very much mascara on the wand when I applied it. But it was still wet and clumpy on my lashes. I tried to work it though, and before I knew it I had ugly, spidery lashes ala Tammy Faye. YUCK! No matter how much I brushed, it was just GROSS. I wiped off most of the mascara and did the other eye, and that one came out better. Also, this was a PITA to remove. I made sure to buy the non-waterproof formula, too. Yeah, this product does give you lots of volume, but it's messy. Maybe if the formula was drier it would work better. Fortunately, I got this for about $2 at CVS with coupons, so I didn't have to pay full price which was $7.79. NYC's Sky Rise at $1.99 (regular price) works much better IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ThumbelinaBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, when I first got this product I really really disliked it. I found it was too wet, didn't seem to dry in a reasonable amount of time, had problems with minor clumping, and didn't really volumize, but rather gave me natural lashes at one coat, and spider lashes at two.
But now, after about 2-3 weeks of using this, I've found that the product has dried out a bit and now gives my lashes pretty good volume, while still giving length and separation, which is hard to find all 3 in one mascara.
No, it's not the best volumizing mascara in my opinion, but It is definitely great if you want all over plump, long, and separated lashes in one mascara without having to layer multiple mascaras.
I will say though, this mascara has a plastic bristled brush with short spiky bristles which can be a problem for some people - and it does sting when you poke your waterline / upper lash line with this wand. So, that may deter some people.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by viikee

when it comes to mascara i never stick to the same one once i run out unless it really proves itself. i dont think i'll be sticking with this one because im not amazed but i do wear it and it gets the job done. i like the brush because it fans out my lashes but the mascara does transfer to my lids and it does bleed underneath the eyes if you put a coat on your bottom lashes, its just not for me

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by laurenwho

I am not going to lie I was pretty hesitant to buy this mascara. My eyelashes and Maybelline mascaras do not get a long. I heard so many good comments about this mascara so I decided to try it out anyways despite my fear. I bought the non-waterproof version. Let me tell you, Maybelline did good with this mascara. First coat I already get a good amount of volume. I can get away with 2-3 coats with this mascara and it makes my lashes look amazing. I have long eyelashes but they are thin and it makes them look thicker. I know a lot of people had problems removing this mascara but I honestly have no problems removing it. It does weigh down my eyelashes but I always curl my eyelashes again after I apply mascara so it's not a big deal to me. I would definitely purchase this mascara again, maybe try out the waterproof one next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by pychoi

Had high hopes for this mascara. But I do not like it at all, it's very drying, doesnt volumize or lengthen my lashes. Stubborn to take off, causes a lot of smudging beneath my eye. Very disappointed in this maybelline mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Mandygomez97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is amazing! If you keep applying it, your lashes will get longer and longer. The brush is big and reduces clumping. I totally recommend this. I get great compliments when using this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is quite nice. I got this is blackest-black, which is quite dark. I found the actual formula of the mascara somewhat sticky. So, have a metal lash comb handy when using this. However, I will say it does deliver a lot of volume as promised.