August 30, 2014 | 1185 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is quite nice. I got this is blackest-black, which is quite dark. I found the actual formula of the mascara somewhat sticky. So, have a metal lash comb handy when using this. However, I will say it does deliver a lot of volume as promised.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by caitlynperkins

This mascara is ok. I don't know if its just me or what, but it feels like its a little clumpy. But if your going for a very dramatic look I guess it would be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by softballgirlx

I really like this mascara so far because my lashes look great in only one coat and it lasts all day.
Only downside is that the brush is huge and I almost always get it on my eye area and then have to clean it up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like most others here said, this mascara made a huge clumpy mess that was nearly impossible to remove. I literally rubbed my eyes raw trying to get this stuff off. It really stinks too. The brush is similar to other maybe higher end mascaras but I'm not fond of them either as the products clumps onto the brush making application messy and difficult. I got a deal at Ulta when I purchased Lorac Pro for $10. I will stick with that. It builds volume and length plus its easy to remove without assaulting my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by StacyGrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My friend got this a couple weeks ago and let me try it this morning. (I know some people think it's gross but I've known her for so long) but anyways, I tried it at first in the darkest one you can get and I LOVED it. Even the first coat looks amazing. It lengthens, adds volume, and separates your lashes all at once!! I liked it so much that I went to CVS and got my own tube in brownish black (the blackest one is a bit to dark for my likening) even the brownish black is dark but it's still worth it. However, if you don't let it dry all the way before you put on a second coat, it does clump. But what mascara doesn't??? I suggest this to people looking for defined, volumized, and long lashes. It makes your eyes look big and beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by brenicp13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this mascara when I kept hearing beauty gurus raving about it, MacBarbie07 was probably raving the most! First off, I LOVE the packaging. So cute and the lid isn't flimsy or cheap. The product Itself? LOVE. I got this in Blackest Black or which ever is darkest, As I applied it I just felt it comb through my lashes and volumize as It was going on. Made my lashes so big and long! I definitely recommend this mascara for all girls looking for a volumizing, drugstore mascara. Got this at Target for about $8.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lookyloo2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tired of paying 22$ for my HG mascara (Mally Voluminizing)..tried this one. My lashes are short and sparse. This mascara relly does thicken and lengthen. My only issue is that it is difficult to remove. Bought some ALMAY eye make up remover and that works pretty well. Definitely love this mascara and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Nicoleexoxo21

This has become one of my all time favourite mascaras!!! The mascara wand has mini plastic bristles and act as if it is combing through your eyelashes when you apply it. I love the mascara formula because it does not clump up your lashes! I have very thin and normal lashes so this is great for ppl who have short lashes as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

This is one of my favourite go to mascaras for big thick lashes. Can get a bit clumpy when applied thickly but nothing that can't be fixed by a good lash brush. Really liking it for dramatic volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by bri0421

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying, I don't know, 800 mascaras throughout the years, I think I have finally found my match. I usually like a mascara the first few uses, will write a review about how much I like it, and then find out I'm a huge liar when I don't actually end up liking the mascara like the next day. So, before writing this review, I used this mascara in its full entirety, and I can confidently say that I love it and will be going out to buy another tube! It took me a while to get used to the brush. I have used Lash Blast before, and although this brush is similar, the bristles seem a tad bit stiffer, so I was poking my eye every single time I applied it, but I got used to it and no longer do that. I love the volume and length this gives my lashes. They look so big and almost fake, but if you're looking for a natural look, one coat will do it. I will say though that you have to consistently apply coats. One time, when I was applying, the phone rang and I went to answer it, came back, and was not able to do another coat because the one I was working on was pretty much dry already and did not want to build anymore. Also, it is really, really, difficult to get this stuff off. Not waterproof difficult, but to the point where you're confused as to why it is so hard to get off since it's not waterproof. I just use a makeup remover and it will eventually come off, it just takes longer than what I would prefer. Aside from those two things though, I think this is a really awesome mascara and I will continue to purchase it because I love the look it gives to my lashes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No