Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 7/11/2013 6:26:00 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got this today and I applied it and i was like "wow"!

Then i applied it 4 MORE TIMES! It made my lashes to big and so much volume! GO GET THIS MASCARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This mascara is great! I got it as a Christmas present and love it!! It really keeps the curl from curling your lashes in place and lasts a reeaally long time! It's pretty difficult for it to come off which is a big plus for me specially in the summer, so you'll definately need a good makeup remover to wipe this off =) it creates the effect of bold and thick lashes BUT my HG mascara will always be L'Oreal's Telescopic ;) other than that, I highly reccomend it!

on 7/6/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The drugstore standard for awesome lashes. You can't go wrong. Cheap, reliable, and highly effective. Officially obsessed.

I love how you can layer so many coats of this without having spider lashes. I like this WAY better than covergirl lash blast. After it dries it lifts my lashes. I got the blackest color and it is incredibly black. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 7/5/2013 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's ok I guess. Super wet formula, almost too inky, and I love super black mascara. A nightmare to get off. And when I think I got it, I still wake up with raccoon eyes! Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 7/3/2013 6:00:00 PM

Found it to be really wet and inky making it a hassle to put on if your in a rush as i have long lashes so if you dont let it dry it get on your eyelids.. I thought the brush looked like it was going to be good but found cause of the wet formula my eyelashes kinda stuck together like they were wet so i tried to do only a light layer but then it didnt make enough of a difference to use it. Isnt to bad if you have time to sit there and carefull apply and brush your eyelashes but not for me. Id prefer the falsies mascara or the lash blast over this one

on 7/3/2013 2:12:00 PM

As with all mascaras, reviews depend on what you are looking for and what your lashes are like. The formula with this mascara is very wet and therefore will weigh down thin lashes or straight lashes. It separates like no other but does not volumize very much so it really depends on what you're looking for. I like this for casual looks and also to wear over false lashes to blend them with my natural lashes since it doesn't clump at all.

I'm in love with this product. it's amazing. It doesn't clump, it seperates, it lenghthens, and volumizes. Sorry I can't spell that well -.- I cried when i ran out, but I got some more right away because I can not live without this product!!! One thing though is if you DON'T wash your mascara off before bed which I really recommand you should, then it is going to BURN your eyes.
The way I discovered this mascara is my cousin saw my Covergirl mascara on my bureau and she begged me for it, but i wouldn't just GIVE it to her, so she offered a trade, my covergirl for her Rocket. I thought she was crazy because she paid 50$ for the Rocket mascara and I paid 10$ for mine. We ended up trading and I'm so glad I did. Best mascara I've ever owned.

on 7/3/2013 7:02:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. Some days it is one of the best mascaras I have ever owned - it gives me long beautiful lashes with volume. There are not many of these days unfortunately, because when I'm not that lucky this mascara clumps and weighs down my lashes a lot!
For the price this mascara is not that bad, but if you are looking for a mascara that you want to 'trust' and expect a lot from I wouldn't recommend this mascara. You can get better drugstore mascaras for the same price. If you apply too many coats it will get very clumpy (mine usually gets this way after two coats).
The brush is quite thick, and I am not a fan of big brushes with short bristles!

I will not repurchase this mascara, and probably will stick to the Falsies next time.

on 7/2/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the worse mascara I ever used. After putting it on about 15 mins later and throughout the day it would smear under my eyes, so I would have black eyes all day and constantly taking my finger wiping under my eyes. I become self conscious of it throughout the day as I speak to people wondering the whole time if my mascara was smeared. I am 51 years old and do not want to tug on loos skin under eyes as it will cause more wrinkles because of the lack of elastisity. I used whole thing in case it was my body chemistry changing, then went to a new mascara and have not have a lick of problems the entire day. THis is my 2nd review I have ever wrote so this should indicate on how bad this product is.