Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 6/11/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mascaras are a very personal thing! Us ladies take our mascaras very seriously! But this mascara I think is over hyped, I love the packaging and I think it holds a curl nicely but it's nothing amazing like everyone makes it out to be. It is awful trying to get off, I can't imagine what the waterproof version is like! It also clumps easy and doesn't make the lashes look super long like everyone says. I feel like a lot of Maybelline mascaras are hit or miss! You might just have to try this one out on your own! :)

It didn't do anything special to my eyelashes, it clumps easily, it doesn't lengthen at all. I would not repurchase it

on 6/9/2013 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried many drugstore mascaras and this is so far my favorite. It doesn't clump much and it doesn't flake or smudge at all. I put this on in the morning and it doesn't come off at all. only con is that it takes forever to get off, and even when it looks like it's all off it still feels like I have mascara on. over all it gives great volume and length.

on 6/9/2013 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Picked this up out of curiosity a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing it every day since. In that time I've found that it doesn't do anything really special for my lashes - a decent amount of length, and okay when it comes to volume. I like that I can do multiple coats without having to worry too much about clumping. I really wish the brush was narrower at the tip, because as it is I find it difficult to coat the finer lashes on the inner corner of my eye without getting mascara all over my lid. My biggest issue with this stuff, however, is that it is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE. I usually have no problem taking off my mascara at night, even with other waterproof formulas, but I reeeaally have to resist the urge to scrub at my eyes with this one. The mascara lost major points for that.

On its own it does nothing special for me, but the reason I keep it around is that I found if I layer one coat of this stuff over two coats of my L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (original), it looks amazing - gets rid of any clumps created by the first mascara, lengthens, and makes my lashes reasonably waterproof. It's fantastic, but not something that I'd do everyday.

So, if you're looking for something that you can easily wear everyday, or that layers well with other mascaras - and if you're looking for something that will cling to your lashes with a death grip - this may be what you're looking for. It's not a bad price, either, so it's worth a shot.

on 6/7/2013 8:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara so much, oh my god. This literally gives you false lashes. The brush is huge and coats each lash so well! This mascara is so volumizimg, just as it claims to be. I have this in blackest black and it's such a dark, glossy color. It's a really buildable formula that provides a lot of length as well. Honestly, there are only two cons about this mascara. One is that it's really hard to get off your lashes. Even with makeup remover, it's still a challenge to remove. Also, since the brush is so big, it can tend to get on your eyelids if you're not careful. I still give this 5 stars though, and it's my current favorite!

on 6/6/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! I am on my third mascara!

on 6/5/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this mascara before trying the mega plush one and right away i knew that this one worked so much better. The length it gives is amazing plus lots of volume. It plumps your lashes up and gives a fuller effect. It is kinda sticky on the lashes because it feels almost like a gel to me but it's not so much of a problem. Its also pretty hard to take off but wiping it off with a tiny bit of baby oil does the trick. These are some minor issues but to me its worth it, my little lashes look great. My favorite mascara, no doubt!

on 6/5/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I thought this mascara was very nice, at least, for the first couple of days. Then, I noticed how crunchy my lashes feel after application. On top of that, the formula is not waterproof, yet it has the consistency of one. When you wash it off, you have to remove it with oil, and it still takes lashes with it down the drain. It looks nice on, but the cons of this are so overwhelming for me that I will not be repurchasing. Yes it gives volume and some length, but I'd rather keep my lashes.

I heard so many people rave about this mascara and was so excited to get my hands on it, and when I did, I felt the exact same as all the rest! It gives amazing length and lots of volume, if you only use one mascara this is perfect for you. I do tend to also wear Benefit's 'They're Real', these two mascaras are my fave! I also done a review for that mascara as well. The rocket reminds me of Cover Girl's 'Lash Blast Volume' as their wands are extremely similar and they give the same volume and length.

on 6/4/2013 9:19:00 AM

Normally I love mascara by this brand. The plush lash is my regular go to but I am the kind of person who always wants to try something new so I picked this up for an event I was going to on the weekend.

I've only worn it once but that was enough for me.

I have very long lashes (people often ask if I'm wearing falsies) but they are not very thick at all so I need a product that isn't heavy if I'm going to hold a curl. I do my eyeliner in a big cat eye so I like to be able to see the tips of my eyelashes above my liner. This product was waaaaaay too heavy on my eyelashes! It was thick and weighed them down and they started sticking together like crazy. When it dried it felt stiff and brittle and horrible. Very uncomfortable.

I would say that it made them look big and long and fake which I kind of liked and worked for my event but the feeling of it was so horrible and it was difficult to take off. Not worth it at all. I would rather just wear falsies. Definitely won't be buying this again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials