December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been generally disappointed with the American BB creams, mainly because I expected them to be more like those I discovered last summer in Japan, where a late-night trip to 7-11 in any city presented shopping opportunities, with anywhere from three to a half-dozen brands of these little wonders. I even brought two back with me and still use them sparingly. (I recently discovered that one of them, which I actually bought from 7-11, is made by Missha) I find these to have good coverage, a nice finish, and versatility with pale skin tones. They feel like a treatment on the skin but look like a foundation, work without finishing powder in a pinch, and have adequate sun protection.
So naturally I was elated when the BB craze hit the states. I couldn’t wait to try Clinique’s new version this past spring. But a quick test at the counter dampened that enthusiasm pretty quickly; the lightest color was way too dark for me and the coverage seemed non-existent. The finish was also unflattering. Two of the other American versions I've since tried, by Cover Girl and Maybelline, didn’t change my luck either.
L’oreal’s new BB cream is a different beast altogether, not looking or feeling like any BB cream I’ve seen on either side of the planet! I still can’t figure out what this stuff really is; I couldn’t agree more with the reviewer below who said it was much more of a primer than anything else. These were my exact thoughts when I tried it recently for the second time--and the only thing that saved it from being thrown away or returned to the store. The first time I tried it, I was like, “wtf!” It was this white, gritty cream that looked greasy and had a weird finish and little if any coverage; I was so displeased. Then recently I decided to try it one more time, and it occurred to me that it might just work as a primer. It evened out and slightly mattified my skin, so I decided to wear my Sephora pressed mineral foundation over it and was surprised by the results. The powder foundation went on more smoothly and evenly, and lasted for hours longer than usual in the Texas heat and humidity. The cream did turn from white to a color more like my skin tone but was still kind of a weird grayish color, though foundation seemed to make the grey disappear. (the Missha bb cream I have is a slightly greyish beige but blends out nicely to match my skin, so I guess that’s the goal of L’oreal’s product)
While I’m still disappointed in what the American market has offered in BB Creams, this product might avoid going to waste after all. Still, a product’s intended uses should either be implied in the name—or stated in the package information. I think this product fails on both fronts. I’m going to try this again and will update if anything changes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by MorgNLils

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry, sensative skin and have a hard time finding makeup that will cover the redness without making my flaky skin noticable. This was the product I have been looking for! I love the 'beauty beads' in this makeup. It almost makes it feel like a creamy face scrub. This makeup also adjusted to my skin tone very well and covered up all of the redness that comes with having sensative skin. It makes my skin so soft and does not look or feel greasy like most foundations. I would totally recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by allens2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. If you want a BB cream lots of better products out there. I think the hype that it adjusts to your skin tone is just that - hype. It's not nearly as moisturizing as Smashbox BB cream but I lean towards more natural looking coverage rather than traditional foundations that just look to matt and artificial on older skin. Also I didn't really like working with applying to skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm totally sold on this! I love the coverage it provides along with the natural matte finish. I tested out the shade dark but it was too dark for my skin tone, plus it had some type of shimmer to it. I then tried the medium shadeand it blended into my skin tone perfectly. After I bought it I tried it out on my face and I loved how it softened up my acne scars. It doesn't cover them cometely but it gives enough coverage to use it alone on a day when you just want to go natural but you don't want your acne scars to be the first thing people focus on. I use this as my primer underneath my skin or alone after I wash my face in the morning and head out to the gym. I love it!!!! AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I put it on the back of my hand, it was really orange looking (I have the color fair.) But when I put it on my face, it really adjusted to my skintone and hid about 95% of my redness. Definatley will buy again, but don't think I will need to anytime soon because a little really goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by RG525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

horrible.....terrible....the worst. this has a shimmer in which i hate and it makes your face so shiny one of the worst products ever

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kansmoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started using this, and I have been pretty happy so far. I My skin gets oily really quick, so foundation slides right off. This stays, because it's more of a moisturizer. My skin doesn't get as oily like with other foundations. It is not full coverage, it is more sheer, so if you want full coverage you might try something else. I put a little finishing powder over it and it covers more. All in all, it is worth the money, and it's cheaper than the high end stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by PiaJoyAgra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

tried this out yesterday in the color "light" and it was still too dark for me! i went outside and i looked orange. it would be a great product if it matched me better. It also only came with 1 fluid ounce for about $8, compared to garnier's bb cream 2.5 fluid ounce for around $12-14.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I had a $5 off coupon and it was dirt cheap and it also had good reviews for wear in high heat & humidity. This stuff is so loaded up with dimethicone that washing it off my hands felt like washing off a sticky waterproof slime.The color medium worked fine and it is very light on but the color tranfers and makes my skin look dull. I'm not really comfortable coating my skin with what feels like frizz ease on my hands. I can picture the future break outs this is gonna cause. This is a no for me but I'll give it 2 lippies for a light feel and a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

First impressions: white runny lotion with gritty texture, contains some microbeads. I saw 4 shades available at the DS: Fair, Light, Medium and deep. I tried the Light-cool pink undertones & the Medium-warm yellow undertones. It has light-medium coverage & luminous dewy finish. I'm a L'oreal True Match W2 & found both these shades too dark & noticed some oxidizing into orange hues. I'll have to go back & pick up the Fair & update this then. There not superb like Asian bb creams but probably the best bb creams at the ds right now, far superior to Garnier & Maybelline versions.