October 30, 2014 | 1636 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I understand that this isn't a traditional BB cream, but I do really, really like it. I bought this in Light and it is a bit too dark for me (NW20 for reference). When I repurchase I will pick up the Fair shade. I like that this has a lightweight, matte finish and lasts all day (in an indoor environment, at least - haven't really tested it out in the outdoor heat yet). I've worn it alone and as a primer under Revlon CS Whipped foundation and had no complaints. It evens out my skin tone, has light coverage, and blends out easily with fingertips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the product and what it does for my skin. Doesn't look obvious yet it makes my skin look better--more even toned but doesn't give a lot of color. I got the Light and it works well on my light/medium skin. Luckily I didn't select the Medium as other reviews complain it's dark. The finish is rather matte and stays on all day. I get oily and touch up with powder once or twice a day and it looks pretty good for the 90+ degree weather we've been having. Packaging is fine--not too much product comes out at once. Tried the Garnier BB and it was horribly greasy; I could not use it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lgbnaf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not clear why this would be labeled as a 'BB' cream....it's truly not. This isn't a foundation or even a TM either. IMO this would be best referred to as a primer. A non-illuminating, mattifying, imperfection diffusing primer.
This was a whim purchase hadn't seen it before and at the time I bought it there were no reviews on MUA. $7.94US at Wmart figured what's to lose.....
I purchased the shade Fair and have been using it for a few weeks now. I am really liking this actually. It doesn't turn orange on me at all. This has a truly neutral undertone. NW15-20 right now.
I can apply this and dust BE mineral veil, bronzer and a lg and have a totally natural look for daytime. (Went to an unplanned lunch a few days ago and sat directly in front of a sunny window and unknwn, young, waitress had to tell me how 'beautiful' my skin was...(wtf?? I'm 45!) I have uneven skin tone that this totally masks somehow.
For evening I have been smearing this all over including eyelids and then just stippling a light layer of a true foundation over the tops of my cheeks, undereye and forehead and then a light dusting of HD powder to set after eyes, blush etc. Really flawless look. Really. I'm not using 2 separate primers now/face/eye/ so bonus.
Some cons are that I need lotion underneath or it looks patchy on my cheeks. The gritty texture is a little uncomfortable but dealable.
I'll probably go thru a tube a month wearing everyday. I even just swipe it on no makeup days because it really gives my a smooth difused, healthy looking complexion, with no transfer.
I use OCM or Albolene and have no problem removing.
I will purchase again!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To start off, I have never used a BB cream. However, from the description of BB creams I thought I would never be able to use one. I have super oily skin that can be acne prone. I also have somewhat of an uneven complexion and my complexion always looks red.

I was using Bare Mineral Matte before this, and I was realizing that it was making my skin look very dull and ashy.I bought this on a whim just to try it out and I am so, so happy that I did. This does not give full coverage (it's comparable to bare minerals or a tinted moisturizer in regards to coverage) but it left my skin looking healthier, like I wasn't wearing makeup. The thing that surprised me was that it was matte and stayed put. I wore this to the beach today, normally I wouldn't wear any makeup to the beach but this just feels like tinted moisturizer and I'm excited about it. This lasted through the sun and sweat all day! There is not sunscreen, which I think is a plus, no greasies or white face in pictures, so some may not like that. I would also skip over this if you have super dry skin or need a lot of coverage. I will definitely continue to buy- the best face makeup I have ever tried (I've tried Bare Minerals (regular and matte), Revlon Colorstay, Laura Mercier tinted foundation, and several drugstore mineral makeups).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product if you take it for what it is. It is not a tinted moisturizer, nor is it a BB cream (as I have understood traditional Asian BB creams to be, I have not used one, I have used the American versions). They call it a "skin beautifier" and I would say that is accurate.

First, it runs dark... and there is a huge difference between "fair" and "light", with "light" being the tester available. If you would normally pick up "light" get "fair", it is MUCH lighter. I am currently a W3 in true match and "fair" is fine. I do believe from using it that there is some adjustment in tone when applied, and it is quite sheer, so one shade would be able to be used by a range of skin tones. I believe "fair" would be acceptable for even very light skin tones.. However "light" is definitely more like "medium" compared to most foundations. It has not oxidized on me, and does not appear the slightest bit orange.

The product comes out clear, with beads that break and adjust the tone when rubbed in. It is quite thin, and very lightweight. You really want to apply this with fingers, to work in the beads. It dries quickly, so apply in sections. It does smooth skin texture, and "give an improved appearance to bare skin" as advertised.. the key word there is "bare". It is not a foundation, it is not going to cover blemishes, etc. It does improve the appearance of my skin though- it looks like I have nothing on, but my coloring is much better and more even, my skin looks healthier, and much smoother. The first time I applied it I did half my face to compare- and could definitely see and feel a difference. My face felt very smooth, like I had applied a silicone primer, but dry (in a good way, not dried out) at the same time with no oily, wet, or sticky residue. It has lasted all day in the heat, and I was outside for a few hours.

It does not contain sunscreen- which is a plus for me. I am very sensitive to them and can only wear a few products, most that contain sunscreen break me out terribly. I can put my compatible sunscreen under it, or powder with spf over it and all is good. It is supposed to improve skin over time with the inclusion of vitamins etc., only time will tell if that is the case.

The finish is matte- which is a big change from every other TM or "BB" cream I have tried. They all leave me greasy and shiny, this does not. I think it is a great product for those who have oily skin who are looking for a product to improve their skin tone, especially in the summer. I don't know how much actual oil control it has, I do wear a good primer so I had no problems with breakthrough, but it did not add any additional oil or interfere with the performance of my primer. It did give a luminous, brighter quality to my skin, without any trace of shine. I don't know how to explain it.. but it did.

I think this is a great product for someone who wants to improve their skin while not wishing to wear a foundation, or those wearing a powder foundation. It is excellent for days when you do not want, or do not have time, to apply makeup. It only takes a second to rub in, and it makes a difference. It may make a great primer as well, if you have normal skin. I found with a bit of concealer and a good powder it made a big difference in the appearance of my skin while having next to nothing on it.

*Update*
I originally thought this would be a good product for those odd days when I didn't want to wear makeup... just a natural "toss on a bit of powder" look. I have been wearing this for a week straight. I recently found a fantastic foundation that I love, yet still find myself reaching for this instead. It not only lasts all day, looks great under a good powder, is very easy to apply, and is super lightweight.. but it has improved my skin. It is softer, smoother, and has evened my color. I suffered with melasma with my pregnancies, and each time it got worse. Even now, years later, I have traces of it and it gets worse whenever I am in the sun. This has made quite a lot of it disappear, and I have only been using it a week. My skin looks better everyday. Really great product that has not been getting the attention it deserves.

26 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kelsiecurry1

WAY WAY WAY WAY too dark and orange for my pale skin. Obviously this will always be an issue for people with light skin but this genuinely turned my skin carrot orange the second I applied it. I let it sit a while hoping it would settle and look like a normal skin color (I did buy it in the lightest shade, "light") but alas, it got more and more orange. It stayed on all day so if this cream matches your skin color you will have luck as far as that is concerned. It didn't feel awful on my skin; it didn't feel like I had product on, and I will agree it left my skin matte. It did not moisturize, however, and once again the coloring is just wrong, wrong wrong. It didn't cover up any acne scarring either, and I have no acne currently (so I was not aiming for heavy coverage or anything), but to not cover up a few marks? Come on, at least do that! Luckily this is an easy return at CVS, and I advise those with pale skin to avoid this product as I can garuntee it will not match your coloring!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

With normal foundations and bb creams I'd say go with what you think would be your color choice, but not with this one. Medium is dark. It's what normally would be called tan in most products. If you're MAC NW20-25, go for the Light shade. Light sells out first once people realize how dark the shade range is, and each shade doesn't have a tester. There was one tester for all of them. This looks like an icing tube, and the product is thin and white, with these tiny bubbles in it. On contact with your skin those burst and the color shows up. One thing I love about it is that this sets on your skin. It won't sit there as a greasy or dewy mess. Better for oily skin or hot climates with a lot of humidity. It gives a really good amount of coverage and feels light. I cannot stand the feeling of foundations when it's over 80 degrees outside, so this will get used daily this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by heidishiu

LOVE this! This skin beautifier is simply amazing!!!! It goes on very light, non greasy, and it even out skin tone magically. It supposed to use as a primer but i think it totally can use it alone for a natural nude look. I use it under my mineral makeup the result is flawless and make my skin looks healthy.For just $10 you GOTTA give it a try. Color run dark, so beware.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an initial review, as I've only tried this product one time - Hopefully I'll update in several weeks :)
For reference I'm 30yrs old with fair/warm, oily, slightly acne prone, very clog-prone skin. I purchased this today on a whim, had no idea that L'oreal even had a BB out now, I had gone down the Maybelline aisle first and tested their new BB, and the texture felt amazing on my wrist, BUT, from what I know about my oily skin I could tell by the way it felt that it'd have me an oily mess by noon..So next was the L'oreal aisle, but there was no tester avail.for the L'oreal BB, I looked at the price, was just under $8, so figured WTHeck ;) I got the lightest of four shades ("Fair") and immediately applied some to my forehead when going out to the car ;P &The consistency felt nice, it actually kinda reminded me of the "smart shade makeups" made by Almay & WnW. It squeezes out of the tube white with little "beads" in it, then when applied to the skin you feel tiny beads, but as you rub it in/blend it out that changes and it blends very nice and evenly. (much nicer than Almay's smart shade fndtn & WnW's Intuitive Blend fndtn that also squeeze out white with beads - identical to this.)
This evening as I washed my m/u off of my face, I figured I'd give this a try for several hours to see if it melts off by midnight (as MOST products do on my very oily skin) but it's been 5 hours now and this is still holding strong and I'm quite matte! -I could tell when applying that it felt somewhat mattifying, so drier skin types may not care for this? It's too soon to tell for sure, but so far, I am in love :D Will def.be repurchasing!
*UPDATE 8/26/12*
I've used this quite a few times now & this is NOT what you want to purchase if you're looking for full coverage (like MISSHA's BB Cream's for example) -this is *very* light coverage (which is fine with me since the lovely ppl of the SCB have helped me get my skin under control ;D) So I do like it for "no makeup days" as it gives a VERY natural look that I love! And the "Fair" shade is still a *perfect* match for my NC10-15ish skin. Also after noticeing how matte it keeps me I used it several times as a foundation primer and am surprisingly pleased with those results as well :)
I still feel that this product is worth 5 lippies since initial review, and I'll *definately* still be repurchasing when I run out :) I was one of the 1st MUA'ers to try and review this so I am surprised to see 2 months later during an update that the rating is only at 3.3 :( I definately think it's worth more lippies than that -What you need to remember is that these U.S. BB Creams are NOT full coverage, and this one impaticularly doesn't even contain sunscreen. (That's ok with me though b/c I prefer to apply my own personal sunscreen) -&The majority of the time the sunscreens in these US cosmetics aren't even stable anyway so it's like adding more ingredients to my skin that aren't even necessary, and when you have finicky/breakout prone skin like me, the less ingredients I have to pile on my face, the better :)
*2nd Update 9/27/12*
I just wanted to quickly update again because now that the weather is changing from summer to fall/winter my skin gets OUT OF CONTROL when I wear makeup.. Some foundations end up looking flakey and give my inner-cheek area dry patches :( Thankfully I have not had any issues with this since the weather has changed! I was worried since it goes on so matte that it would dry me out for sure and I'd have to retire it until next spring/summer but not the case at all :)
Still an awesome 5 lippie worthy product - I highly reccomend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Not your average BB cream! This is significantly different than any other BB cream I've tried.

The Formula & Texture: A milky white, thin formula with tiny black granules. Blends nicely into the skin and 'matches' your skintone.

The Coverage: Medium coverage, dries to a semi-matte finish.

I've been using this as a primer underneath my foundation and it has worked incredibly well. Provides a silky, smooth surface to blend my foundation into. Lasts all day. Provides enough coverage that for those who don't have any major blemishes.

Does not break me out like most BB creams I've tried. Possibly due to the lack of SPF; however, I already have SPF in my moisturizer so not a big deal for me.

Love this product and will definitely repurchase.