September 23, 2014 | 957 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

With normal foundations and bb creams I'd say go with what you think would be your color choice, but not with this one. Medium is dark. It's what normally would be called tan in most products. If you're MAC NW20-25, go for the Light shade. Light sells out first once people realize how dark the shade range is, and each shade doesn't have a tester. There was one tester for all of them. This looks like an icing tube, and the product is thin and white, with these tiny bubbles in it. On contact with your skin those burst and the color shows up. One thing I love about it is that this sets on your skin. It won't sit there as a greasy or dewy mess. Better for oily skin or hot climates with a lot of humidity. It gives a really good amount of coverage and feels light. I cannot stand the feeling of foundations when it's over 80 degrees outside, so this will get used daily this summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by heidishiu

LOVE this! This skin beautifier is simply amazing!!!! It goes on very light, non greasy, and it even out skin tone magically. It supposed to use as a primer but i think it totally can use it alone for a natural nude look. I use it under my mineral makeup the result is flawless and make my skin looks healthy.For just $10 you GOTTA give it a try. Color run dark, so beware.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an initial review, as I've only tried this product one time - Hopefully I'll update in several weeks :)
For reference I'm 30yrs old with fair/warm, oily, slightly acne prone, very clog-prone skin. I purchased this today on a whim, had no idea that L'oreal even had a BB out now, I had gone down the Maybelline aisle first and tested their new BB, and the texture felt amazing on my wrist, BUT, from what I know about my oily skin I could tell by the way it felt that it'd have me an oily mess by noon..So next was the L'oreal aisle, but there was no tester avail.for the L'oreal BB, I looked at the price, was just under $8, so figured WTHeck ;) I got the lightest of four shades ("Fair") and immediately applied some to my forehead when going out to the car ;P &The consistency felt nice, it actually kinda reminded me of the "smart shade makeups" made by Almay & WnW. It squeezes out of the tube white with little "beads" in it, then when applied to the skin you feel tiny beads, but as you rub it in/blend it out that changes and it blends very nice and evenly. (much nicer than Almay's smart shade fndtn & WnW's Intuitive Blend fndtn that also squeeze out white with beads - identical to this.)
This evening as I washed my m/u off of my face, I figured I'd give this a try for several hours to see if it melts off by midnight (as MOST products do on my very oily skin) but it's been 5 hours now and this is still holding strong and I'm quite matte! -I could tell when applying that it felt somewhat mattifying, so drier skin types may not care for this? It's too soon to tell for sure, but so far, I am in love :D Will def.be repurchasing!
*UPDATE 8/26/12*
I've used this quite a few times now & this is NOT what you want to purchase if you're looking for full coverage (like MISSHA's BB Cream's for example) -this is *very* light coverage (which is fine with me since the lovely ppl of the SCB have helped me get my skin under control ;D) So I do like it for "no makeup days" as it gives a VERY natural look that I love! And the "Fair" shade is still a *perfect* match for my NC10-15ish skin. Also after noticeing how matte it keeps me I used it several times as a foundation primer and am surprisingly pleased with those results as well :)
I still feel that this product is worth 5 lippies since initial review, and I'll *definately* still be repurchasing when I run out :) I was one of the 1st MUA'ers to try and review this so I am surprised to see 2 months later during an update that the rating is only at 3.3 :( I definately think it's worth more lippies than that -What you need to remember is that these U.S. BB Creams are NOT full coverage, and this one impaticularly doesn't even contain sunscreen. (That's ok with me though b/c I prefer to apply my own personal sunscreen) -&The majority of the time the sunscreens in these US cosmetics aren't even stable anyway so it's like adding more ingredients to my skin that aren't even necessary, and when you have finicky/breakout prone skin like me, the less ingredients I have to pile on my face, the better :)
*2nd Update 9/27/12*
I just wanted to quickly update again because now that the weather is changing from summer to fall/winter my skin gets OUT OF CONTROL when I wear makeup.. Some foundations end up looking flakey and give my inner-cheek area dry patches :( Thankfully I have not had any issues with this since the weather has changed! I was worried since it goes on so matte that it would dry me out for sure and I'd have to retire it until next spring/summer but not the case at all :)
Still an awesome 5 lippie worthy product - I highly reccomend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Not your average BB cream! This is significantly different than any other BB cream I've tried.

The Formula & Texture: A milky white, thin formula with tiny black granules. Blends nicely into the skin and 'matches' your skintone.

The Coverage: Medium coverage, dries to a semi-matte finish.

I've been using this as a primer underneath my foundation and it has worked incredibly well. Provides a silky, smooth surface to blend my foundation into. Lasts all day. Provides enough coverage that for those who don't have any major blemishes.

Does not break me out like most BB creams I've tried. Possibly due to the lack of SPF; however, I already have SPF in my moisturizer so not a big deal for me.

Love this product and will definitely repurchase.