L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

3.3

on 8/13/2012 12:39:00 PM

I bought this in "light" and am very pleasantly surprised. I wear this on top of my sunscreen, and find it blends well to my skintone. It's quite sheer, but gives my skin a fairly smooth and flawless appearance. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this product and would continue to repurchase. I'm tanned right now, so while the the "light" shade works at the moment, it's actually pretty dark. I tried out the "fair" as well- for the super pale girls (like me, normally) "fair" may even be a bit on the dark side.

on 8/13/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my 2nd BB cream, the other one being Korean. This mattifies the face, and comes out of the tube WHITE.... it then oxidizes to a skin color. It's easy to apply with a foundation brush, sort of buffing with my fingers. It's light coverage. I can't tell I have it on and yet it covers up most of my dark circles under my eyes and any reddness. I end up with a complexion that looks perfect - no discoloration! You don't need much - a little bit does the job. It has been helpful for me in the hottest summer we have had in Washington for quite a while - yes, it really does mattify and when oil does finally seep through it, it's fine, stays a good color, etc. Had to retouch yesterday in the midst of horrible humidity, but just barely. I generally avoid drug store cosmetics, but I have to say this was a pleasant surprise.

on 8/12/2012 8:58:00 PM

Feels like a bare face. Very light coverage. Looks pretty and fresh.

on 8/11/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am not a fan of drugstore cosmetics but I received a sample of this in a small packet in LIGHT and decided to try it out just to see how it would look. I am a medium-somewhat tan shade so when I first squeezed some out, I was frightened by how light it was. I also noticed microbeads in the mixture. I tested it by putting some on my arm. To my surprise, it oxidized to a shade darker than my arm! Remember I am trying this in the lightest shade they have! Then I decided to gently rub and pat some onto my face. It oxidized to my skin color very well and ended up giving me a rosy/pink undertone which was good because I have a weird yellow undertone. The coverage was pretty sheer and could only cover my lightest acne scars. The only thing I liked about this was that it gave me somewhat of an even skintone; it did not make me look like a ghost. :) Overall, this is an okay BB cream.

on 8/11/2012 9:02:00 AM

thank god for samples...
this product came out gritty and sparkly.
it oxidized and it turned too dark against my skin...
(I'm NC30 for MAC)

on 8/8/2012 7:57:00 PM

This was my first BB cream purchase and i quite like it.
Im someone who wears foundation everyday and especially during the summertime it is way to thick.
this bb cream does not melt off, it actually matifys
i have a more combination skin type

although this product i would not get if you have dry skin because it contains drying ingredients

i also recommend getting a darker shade that your skintone because i am fair and i got fair and the white formula with the beads DOES adjust to my skintone but does leave me paler white in some places particualarly where i had a pimple or a dry spot

on 8/8/2012 5:38:00 PM

Thanks goodness for samples...I tried the light shade on my lightly tanned hands. This product looked matte and appeared to smooth imperfrections. I liked they way it changed color...reminded me of an old EL moisturizer I used to love. However, I noticed as I drove home that it continued to turn darker and darker on my hand, until the line where I had applied the product was pretty obvious. A no buy for me because I have a feeling the orange tone is present in all the shades. If you sunless tan, this might be a match for you though.

on 8/8/2012 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this as an alternative to importing Asian branded BB cream. It was super weird at first! I'm sure everyone's mentioned the strange microbeads and the whiteness when they first applied, and I will too. It went on and I instantly recoiled at the texture, but then it changed and turned into a better flesh tone.

It was much darker than I anticipated, even when I was using medium. But it did cover well enough. I liked the finish way more than Garnier's BB cream. It didn't really improve my skin any, so I can't say it did anything in that department. I personally wouldn't purchase it again, but it wasn't a total loss.

on 8/6/2012 2:07:00 PM

I have terrible acne and my acne medicine makes my skin dry so when i put any makeup on my face it makes my face look dry, but the bb cream gives me a nice coverage and it doesn't make my face look dry or over shiny. And also to everybody who says its like a primer, IT IS!! It says it on the package. It says it PRIMES! Just saying....

on 8/5/2012 11:04:00 PM

I had high hopes for this as I have oily skin and other reviewers said this was a good BB for those of us with oily skin. It did nothing for my complexion, I don't think it made me look even slightly better, maybe worse in a dull/chalky/weird way. I tried light and fair and a combo of both and nothing worked. It was more matte than Garnier but I get a ton of compliments on my skin when I wear the Garnier. That leaves me a little more dewy than I prefer though. Maybe Garnier for the winter months and wait for another new BB I can afford to try? Very disappointed with this though and now have 2 tubes of it.