November 28, 2014 | 1741 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm totally sold on this! I love the coverage it provides along with the natural matte finish. I tested out the shade dark but it was too dark for my skin tone, plus it had some type of shimmer to it. I then tried the medium shadeand it blended into my skin tone perfectly. After I bought it I tried it out on my face and I loved how it softened up my acne scars. It doesn't cover them cometely but it gives enough coverage to use it alone on a day when you just want to go natural but you don't want your acne scars to be the first thing people focus on. I use this as my primer underneath my skin or alone after I wash my face in the morning and head out to the gym. I love it!!!! AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I put it on the back of my hand, it was really orange looking (I have the color fair.) But when I put it on my face, it really adjusted to my skintone and hid about 95% of my redness. Definatley will buy again, but don't think I will need to anytime soon because a little really goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by RG525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

horrible.....terrible....the worst. this has a shimmer in which i hate and it makes your face so shiny one of the worst products ever

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kansmoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just started using this, and I have been pretty happy so far. I My skin gets oily really quick, so foundation slides right off. This stays, because it's more of a moisturizer. My skin doesn't get as oily like with other foundations. It is not full coverage, it is more sheer, so if you want full coverage you might try something else. I put a little finishing powder over it and it covers more. All in all, it is worth the money, and it's cheaper than the high end stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by PiaJoyAgra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

tried this out yesterday in the color "light" and it was still too dark for me! i went outside and i looked orange. it would be a great product if it matched me better. It also only came with 1 fluid ounce for about $8, compared to garnier's bb cream 2.5 fluid ounce for around $12-14.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I had a $5 off coupon and it was dirt cheap and it also had good reviews for wear in high heat & humidity. This stuff is so loaded up with dimethicone that washing it off my hands felt like washing off a sticky waterproof slime.The color medium worked fine and it is very light on but the color tranfers and makes my skin look dull. I'm not really comfortable coating my skin with what feels like frizz ease on my hands. I can picture the future break outs this is gonna cause. This is a no for me but I'll give it 2 lippies for a light feel and a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

First impressions: white runny lotion with gritty texture, contains some microbeads. I saw 4 shades available at the DS: Fair, Light, Medium and deep. I tried the Light-cool pink undertones & the Medium-warm yellow undertones. It has light-medium coverage & luminous dewy finish. I'm a L'oreal True Match W2 & found both these shades too dark & noticed some oxidizing into orange hues. I'll have to go back & pick up the Fair & update this then. There not superb like Asian bb creams but probably the best bb creams at the ds right now, far superior to Garnier & Maybelline versions.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by jollyrobin

Oh, how I love this stuff! I have crazy fair combo skin, with a really pale, neutral undertone and a lovely case of rosacea on my cheeks. I also have some acne scarring, and massive pores. It has NOT been easy to find anything that works with all of these factors! I went on a crazy foundation spree (thank heavens for Sephora, because I was able to take them all back!), and up until trying this L'Oreal BB cream, I was just about to keep a $50 foundation. Well, I bought this on a whim, and I'm so glad I did! It's not anything like a BB cream to me; I've tried Skin 79 Hot Pink, the ones from Garnier and Boscia, as well as the Smashbox BB cream, and the consistency of the L'Oreal one is nothing like them. If any of you have tried the Almay Smart Shade, it's really similar in texture to that, with a super-thin, almost gritty texture to the color beads; but it's more buildable, and doesn't oxidize the way the Almay does. I will say that if you have super-dry skin, this may not be moisturizing enough for you, but for combo/oily, you should be in great shape. The "fair" shade was a perfect match for my near-porcelain skin, it did a wonderful job hiding my pores and rosacea, and has a really lovely, natural-looking matte-to-satin finish to it. For $10 or so per tube (and this stuff goes a LONG way!), this stuff is totally worth a shot - it may even become an HG for you, as it has been for me!

**Update** I think this definitely worked better for me before my skin started to get a bit dry in the winter, because it can tend to accentuate any dry patches/flakiness you have, and it tends to settle under eyes, around sides of nose, etc. Still a good product, but DEFINITELY not for drier or "wrinklier" skin.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am REALLY suprised by how much I like this. I guess because it sounded too good to be true.

Foundations are hard for me because I have oily skin which is also becoming "mature" skin. Most of the workhorse foundations that I relied on for so many years no longer work because they are too heavy, too drying or too matte, which can make aging skin, even oily aging skin, look older and exacerbate all the issues I'm trying to hide.

So I've been experimenting with lighter, sheerer formulations, which do help me look more youthful. Unfortunately, most of them just can't stand up the oil my skin still produces in copious amounts every day.

But to my surprise, this really performed well! It is light coverage, but it still does great job evening out my skin tone and covering minor issues. I have to rely on a concealer to hide major blemishes and my dark undereye circles, but I've always done that anyway, as it looks more natural than slathering on a uniformly heavy layer of foundation.

I do not find that it dries too quickly and I have no trouble blending it as some others have. It does have a *slightly* gritty feel, due to tiny little color capsules, but honestly, it's no big deal. Once blended it provides a very smooth, beautiful finish that is neither too matte nor too dewy. It's extremely natural and pretty.

As far as oil control, I wouldn't say that it controls oil, but it does withstand oil pretty well and doesn't seem to break down into a patchy, blotchy mess. I went about 4 hours before blotting, which is pretty darned good, considering the extent of my oiliness. I did powder later in the day, probably around the six hour mark. But again, I consider this pretty good performance from a product that is not specifically formulated for oily skin. Because I enjoy the light coverage and the natural finish, I'm willing to deal with powdering occasionally, especially since it didn't result in a cakey mask like mess. Just a bit of powder freshened it up nicely. If you are only moderately oily or have normal skin, this would be probably be a really low maintenance product for you.

The color...I was really concerned about the color selection because I am very pale, with sallow undertones. When I sampled the "light" selection in the store, it turned a very alarming shade of peach on my forearm. I took a chance on the "fair" and I'm happy to say that not only is it light enough, it seems to be completely neutral in tone. No pink or peach hints, but no yellow either. I think this would work on fair complections with both sallow and pink undertones.

As far as changing the overall condition of skin, I can't comment yet on that, as I've only been using it a few days. But that's not really why I purchased this product. If it helps improve the overall condition of my skin then so much the better.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall I like this.. I don't think it's a traditional BB cream, but it's like a super light, very natural looking fndtn w/a satin/matte finish.. & it's long wearing.. Imagine if Revlon CS was light coverage & looked like skin if you will.. I find it funny it has no SPF, but eh I prefer physical SS anyways & this will work well for photos.. I think this is perfect for combo& oily ppl.. I've not broken out once, I've worn this in crazy heat (100f+) & it stayed on.. I wear "fair" and I'm NC/NW10.. This doesn't break me out at all & oxidize on me either (I'm combo) and I do set w/my HG powder-3CC trans. loose.. I got this on a whim as I am normally not fond of Loreal face products & I figured it'd be too dark.. But eh i could return to CVS if it sucked.. II was surprised it wasn't.. I'm wearing this more than my HE fndtns.. Who would've thought Loreal of all brands & at the DS! Im going to use this on a bride who hates fndtn.. & buy one for my sister.. I'm impressed..

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No