October 22, 2014 | 1829 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this palette! This, along with its older sister (the original Naked palette), is my daily go-to for eyeshadow... but that doesn't mean it's boring! There are so many ways to wear these shadows that you can pretty much achieve any look you're going for (smoky, natural, edgy, whatever!).

The thing I love about these shadows is that they are so beautifully blendable... I never have trouble blending them out, even if I accidentally swipe on too much at first. If you use a good fluffy brush (even the dual-ended one that comes with the palette) you will really love the result.

The shadows are highly pigmented and really pop when on your lid. Used with a good primer (I recommend the UD primer potion ORIGINAL!), it will last all day easily. The other great thing about Naked 2 is that there is more of a variety of matte shades than the original palette, which is nice for those with more fine lines or for those who don't enjoy as much shimmer.

Lastly, the packaging!! This palette's construction is so much better than the original... It snaps shut and stays secure (great for travel!), and the outside seems to be some sort of metal which is good if you are like me and sometimes get foundation or concealer or something on your makeup when you forget to wash your hands ;) The value for your money (you get SO much product and variety for your dollar, especially when you consider how much a single shadow is from UD), that I think this is a valuable and worthy part of anyone's collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by stellamirandaa

I've always been a sticker for just black eyeliner and shadow day to day, mostly because I've never really found neutral shades that work for me and colours are just a little bit too 'high school' for me now. I got the Naked 2 on a whim while I was in Los Angeles. My cousin had recommended it to me many times and seemed incredibly adamant that I purchase it before I leave.
I'm glad I did because I absolutely love the colours. I feel that having all of these different shades at hand (and all suitable for daily wear) forced me to experiment a little more and has resulted in me looking a little more classy. My favourite is YDK and Pistol as YDK feels like the most natural eye shadow colour for me and Pistol is just a really gorgeous alternative to my usual black. I haven't tried out the mini gloss yet since I'm more a lipstick girl, but the brush that comes with it is amazing. I prefer to use the blending brush though, just because I find it easier to control and is more likely to give me the result I want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This is a great set of colors that work very well together. Naked 2 is definitely better than the original Naked palette. I like the colors much more in this palette. That being said, I think this is too much money. I understand that Urban Decay eyeshadows are very good quality, & they cost about $17 a piece if you buy them individually....but, I still think this is too much money for eyeshadow. I've been using UD eyeshadows for a long time & they are some of my favorite, but I think $50 is a little steep for this palette. Personally, I would rather put that money towards something more useful. But, if your an eyeshadow junkie & you just have to have this, then these are some great colors to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by alm1217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great eye shadow palette. I bought the original Naked palette when it first came out, and I returned it about a week later. I felt that the colors were too warm and dark. Although some colors in Naked 2 are similar, I feel that overall it's a more wearable palette, especially for those of us with fair skin. The shadows are in the new formula, which appears to be smoother and have less fall out. Although one shade is repeated from the original palette - Half Baked - it's a little different due to the new formulation. It appears less orange or coppery than the old one. I couldn't pull it off before, but with the very subtle shade change, I feel it works on me now.

The packaging is nice. I don't feel that I have to be super careful with it, and I feel that the shadows are secure. This is a great palette for travel due to its sturdy case and great selection of colors.

My favorite colors in the palette are Bootycall, Suspect, Snakebite, and YDK. I use Suspect as my go-to everyday lid shade when I don't know what to do. Snakebite and YDK are wonderful against green eyes and made great lid or crease colors. I've only used Bootycall as an inner corner highlight and brow bone highlight, but I want to try it as a brightening lid shade soon.

I have mixed feelings about the Tease color. It's just an odd shade, so I find that I've experimented very little with it. I use it as a crease shade to blend out Suspect, but that's pretty much all I've done with it. I'll have to try some new things with it.

Blackout is a very intense, matte black that I only use for liner since I'm soo pale. I do have some darkness under my eyes in the evenings when I use it, so I don't use it that often.

The included brush is pretty good. The flat shader side is quite useful, and I use it to apply my lids shades. The other side is more of a blending or crease brush. It's ok, and I have used it for brow bone highlights, but it's not the best at blending.

The Naked lip junkie gloss you get as a bonus is awesome. It's a perfect everyday color and gives a little pigment. It's shiny without looking too wet. I like the applicator as well, no brush or doe-foot, just the squeezy tube hole. I find it easy to control application and it lasts for a few hours. I plan on purchasing a full size when my mini size is done.

$50 sounds like a lot of money, but it's a fantastic deal for 12 full-size shadows, a double ended brush, and a mini lip gloss...in a sturdy, attractive case. I would definitely buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have both of the first naked palette and this one, and honestly I think this one is better because it has a better shade selection! It has a matte highlight color which is AMAZING! The colors are much less shimmery and over the top. Since i have green eyes I think this is really amazing because it has taupey/ purpley shades which make my eyes look UNREAL! I always have people asking me if my eyes are fake when I wear tease, chopper, and YDK together! BEST BUY!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Fashionista97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Naked2 palette has 12 colors with only one dupe from the first palette, Half Baked. What's even better? 5 of the shadows in the palette are brand new Urban Decay shades! I was kinda surprised to see Half Baked included in the new version because youíd think Urban Decay would know that the people buying it were probably fans of the original and already had Half Baked. But then again, it's a gorgeous color so I know if I had the original Naked palette Half Baked would already be gone. This is probably the only bummer about the Naked2. Needless to say, some of the remaining 11 eyeshadows are pretty similar to shades included in the original. But aside from a few overlaps, I think the rest of the colors are different enough to make it worth purchasing. (Plus you get a new brush and a cute little lip gloss!)

The palette has a nice balance of matte and shimmery colorsóthereís a great matte black thatís perfect for lining and a pretty highlighter shade too. There is slightly more shimmer than matte so if you like shimmery, neutral shadows then you will be obsessed with Naked2. Also, if you have warmer coloring like me, then this is a great palette for your skin tone.

A few other things I like about the Naked2 is that the packaging is different. Instead of cardboard, itís tin and the mirror is way bigger too. And the first palette didn't have a lip gloss included, either.

The Naked2 palette costs $50. It sounds like a lot up front, but I honestly think itís worth it because A) youíre getting 12 eyeshadows,
B) you get a new eyeshadow brush, and
C) you also get a cute mini travel size lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jbeck14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this palette. If I could only keep one eye product in my makeup bag, this would be it. I have completely neglected all of my other eyeshadows since I bought this! This palette is on the cooler side, which I like. The Naked 1 has really warm shades, lots of yellows and oranges. This is more silvery/taupe. My favorite colors are Foxy (buttery matte yellow), Bootycall (shimmery light pink), Snakebite (dark shimmery brown), Suspect (silvery medium brown), Pistol (dark grey with brown), Verve (shimmery silver beige) and Busted (dark brown with purple). The ones that I don't use as much are Half Baked (orange gold), Chopper (shimmery copper) and YDK (reddish copper) just because I don't like orange-y colors on my eyes. Just doesn't look right for me. But other than those 3, I regularly use every color in this palette, and I'm so happy that I bought it.

It's a beautiful palette, with TONS of variety. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by miatx5

I really love this palette. Great purchase. UD makes some great eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this package much more than the original naked palette. Its metal and has a full mirror when opened. Im not a fan of double ended brushes but this one is fine. I didn't find the naked palette warm enough for me. Its was neutral (I'm african american). This is cooler but i actually like it better. I can really pull off the pale gold looks with this. This palette has the newly formulated shadows. Im no expert but it feels like the same UD quality to me. I use them wet and dry with no issues and with the right primer they will last all night and still look perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I selected yes to repurchases only cos I'd imagine if I were ever to run out I would repurchase but eyeshadows seem to never pan for me so I prob will never have to. And even so I might try out the original naked pallette. This is great neutral browns introduction for me. All the colours seem to be easy to match n mix to achieve diff looks. I would like a couple more mattes but the shimmers r lovely. No fallout for me and life's on smoothly with primer underneath they r pigmented. Love the packaging tho the actual pots don't have a flawless finish (sitting in the case) but thts being picky.. So overall happy with it :) would be nice if UD had half sized of these in other tones say blues/greens/ etc.