Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/23/2012 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Like a lot of other people, I lusted after a Naked palette for a long time. When it came time to pull the trigger, I had to decide whether to get the original or Naked2 palette. I chose the Naked2 because it has cooler shades and more taupe-y shades that I prefer to the warmer coppery shades that are in the original Naked palette.
First of all, I definitely prefer the packaging of the Naked2. The metal case reminds me of a pencil case and is nice and sturdy.
The eyeshadows themselves are absolutely glorious. They're so pigmented and creamy. The glittery colors do have some fallout but still pretty. I like that there's a matte back as well. This was really my first foray into non-drugstore eyeshadows and I can't go back. I still buy drugstore eyeshadows but they just don't compare. Nothing I've tried is as pigmented and creamy.
The lipgloss that comes with the palette is nice. I'm not a huge fan of lipglosses in general so I could have done without it but I like the cool silicone-y tip.
My least favorite thing about the palette is the brush. The blending side is too long and sparse to be of much use. The flat end is okay but not my favorite for putting on powder shadows. I think I would have much preferred an eyeliner and/or primer potion like with the original Naked palette.

Overall, I think this is definitely worth the money. $50 for 12 shadows is about $4 a shadow. Single eyeshadows at the drugstore can easily cost the same amount and while you may get a little more product, it's rarely of as nice quality.

on 7/21/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for 2-3 weeks now. I like the selection of colors and that the shadows do not bother my eyelids like cheap eyeshadows. The variety of neutral shades is all that I really need to have. I prefer the colors over NAKED original because the silver in NAKED II is cool toned and there is a solid black.

One of the best eyeshadow palettes for pale blue eyed folk. Lots of brown to make our eyes pop. Also, I don't really need to buy a bottle of primer potion to make it stay. Thinking about buying an extra large bottle still though.

on 7/21/2012 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was contemplating whether or not I should purchased this since I already own the first Naked palette. The colours in Naked 2 are pretty similar and they even repeated the shade 'Half Baked'. What I love about the Naked 2 is that it offers more greige/taupe colours which the Naked 1 doesn't have. My favourite shades are Tease, Foxy, Suspect and Busted which I find I use the most often. As with most Urban Decay eyeshadows that I've tried, there is a bit of fallout especially from the shimmery shades so it pays to always tap off the excess before you apply it. I don't care too much for the lipgloss that comes with the palette, but I do love the brush. It's great for blending colours in the crease. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this palette.

This an amazing everyday palette. I use bootycall and snakebite the most. It's just such natural colours. It suits everyone. I think the Naked 1 palette has more of a variety of colours. I really got excited when this palette came out and i'm not really dissapointed but there half baked was in there which was already in the first urban decay palette.

on 7/12/2012 6:35:00 PM

Absolutely love this palette. I have the naked 1 and I love it too. I had a hard time deciding whether to get it because of the reviews comparing the two palettes and whether it was necessary to purchase the naked 2. IMO they are quite different. Naked 1 is bronze and browns while naked 2 is more greys and taupes. And beng a neutral girl, I love both tones and need both. And being a neutral girl, after purchasing naked 2, I feel I don't look at other neutral palettes. I am going to be satisfied for quite a while. All the shade apply buttery and pigmented, only YDK had some fall out but not as bad as sidecar from naked 1. If you like greys and taupes, I would definitely recommend getting this even if you have the first one.

My only complaint is I wish they included an eyeliner instead of the brush. The brush is useless, it's synthetic and has too much slip that the shadows just don't hold on the brush well. It would work better as a concealer brush or for cream shadows. The gloss is sheer but I like the cute packaging and minty scent.

on 7/11/2012 1:12:00 PM

I love this palette! after too much thinking and making comparison shopping around for a nude color palette i decided to purchase. I was undecided in which to buy and what i totally love about the Naked2 is that is portable, It's heavy but if i am in a rush i can put it in my purse and do my make up without worrying breaking it or of my son poking it. It is an investment, but the colors are beautiful! according to what i heard of this palette being most flattering to cold toned girls, but have to say that i am warmed toned girl and i think this looks wonderful on me, better than the Naked1. If you are undecided just go to Sephora and try them on and see the colors on you like i did. Awesome product!! but i wished it had more matte colors.

I love this palette. I was looking for a lot of bang for my eyeshadow buck and this really delivered. The brush isn't wonderful, but it works if I forget my usual e/s brush in my travel bag. The tin is a bit too long for my makeup bag, but that's not their problem, it's mine.

The shadows are pretty much universally flattering on my skin. I've found the color payoff to be just fine if I use primer first. I don't wear most of them to work every day but they make it very easy to punch it up for a more intense evening look. I'm not sure I'll buy it again but I think it's going to last long enough that I won't have to worry about that.

Wow!! I just got this in the mail today, and I used it to test it out today and I'm seriously in love!! I've heard so many amazing things about this, and they are all true! The colours are perfect for my fair, pale skin, as they are more cool toned I find. They're so neutral and I can use all of the colours as everyday eye shadows for a nice casual look, and you can make them more dramatic too for a night out. The shadows are so pigmented!! And the packaging is so cute, and the brush it comes with is actually quite nice! I don't think I will ever need to buy eye shadows again, I will be using this everyday!!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

First off, I love this packaging! It is a vast improvement from past U.D eyeshadow palettes that have a flimsy magnetic closure. This palette snaps in place and I don't feel paranoid that it is going to come open when I travel. It comes with a double-sided eyeshadow brush and mini lip junkie gloss as bonuses, neither one I'm too thrilled about. The hype factor for me are the shadows, and U.D has my favorite eyeshadow formula of all time because it is highly pigmented and long wearing, especially when worn with UD Primer. There are three matte shades included that I absolutely love- Blackout (jet black) Foxy (yellow bisque) and Tease (muted purple grey). I love the mattes so much and wish there were more of them, but the rest of the shades are stunning! Beware, if you dislike shimmer or glitter than this is not the product for you because out of the remaining nine shades, 8 of them are shimmery and 1 is glitter with quite a bit of fallout. I personally love sparkly and shimmery eyes so this does not bother me one bit and there are so many looks you can create with this, making the possibilities almost endless! I use my fingers or brushes to apply- the eyeshadow brush it comes with is useless for me because it is too stiff and the bristles are sharp, but I wear the lip gloss from time to time because it's a neutral rose/beige that compliments the shadow. For $50, you are getting 12 shadows with a bonus brush and gloss, so I find this to be well worth the price and would buy it without the bonuses.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this Palette! I mostly wear those naked and natural colors for my everyday makeup, and sometimes to evening makeup as well, and Iike it that I have all my favorite shades in one compact palette.
The shadows are beautiful and pigmented, and you can create different looks with the,- natural or dramatic, you pick.
the only thing I did not like is the brush, it's too hard and you cant really use it to apply eyeshadows..
I also LOVE the small lip gloss that came with the palette, and I really liked the package, for the fact I can carry it in my bag and not be afraid it will get opened.

Popular Palettes