Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 11/26/2003 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Nice foundation that glides on skin and adds lots of moisture to dry skin. I prefer the creme slightly to this liquid one, but am stuck with the liquid for shade reasons. For some reason, Limpide in the creme is a tad too dark (adds a nice warmth, but I'd rather use bronzers for adding warmth instead of risking looking like I'm wearing a mask). The one thing that kept this from getting a 5 is that I feel that it doesn't last until the end of the day. I don't have much to cover up, thankfully, but sometimes some redness on my cheeks tends to show through after several hours. Still, that's easily explained by it moisturizing properties, which is a worthy exchange for a little wearing away after a while. I take care of it by dusting powder thoughout the day. Problem solved.

on 11/25/2003 5:48:00 AM

This is one of my favourite foundations. Gives a superb glow without getting shiny. Feels very comfortable!

on 11/23/2003 8:45:00 AM

I swapped this cream foundation with a friend who bought the wrong colour. At first I thought it wouldn't work for my normal/combination skin, but my skin looks so radiant and healthy! I don't use it in summer because it would melt off, but it's grat for the fall and winter.

Its very expensive for a foundation, but I've learnt over the years that cheap foundations cause my skin to break out or look like masks. Besides, it blends in so well that I use very little for my entire skin.

on 11/21/2003 4:17:00 AM

I love this foundation it's wonderful it does not work well in hot weather because it melt's right away and very dewy.
but works well in cold weather nice and smooth and wonderful to have.
i love this foundation.

ASHLEY =)

on 11/12/2003 9:47:00 PM

Gorgeous. The perfect-face-no-effort-when-you-have-to-be-sure foundation. For slightly dry or normal skin it cannot be beat. I use Shell (Nobara #754, Clarins powder foundation in Sand Beige), with a bit of translucent powder to tone down the glow. Great in winter or dry climates. Also a beautiful base for cream blush. I'm torn between saving it for special events and reaching for it every single day because it works so well.

I found this to be a great foundation for winter when my skin is dry. It blends in easily, dries to a satin finish that I dust lightly with powder, and doesn't accentuate the flakes I sometimes get in colder weather.

The packaging is very san

on 10/20/2003 5:03:00 PM

I'm 42 years old and am almost ready to commit to a foundation. I used to wear Clarins light self-tanner instead of foundation, but it's been discontinued. So I was back on the market, looking for my perfect match. My latest fling was with Armani, which I loved in the store but didn't like when I got home, because it looked like a mask. I gave it another try, with a lighter hand, and liked it again, but felt self-conscious in daylight. After reading some reviews of Vitalumiere, I decided to give it a try, figuring it would be a one-night stand. But two weeks later, I'm still wearing it. I've never worn foundation longer than two days in my life. It looks and feels natural and provides just enough coverage to even out my skin. Could it be I've found the one? P.S. I like a dewy look, but I'm thinking of trying the Armani micro-fil loose powder for that so-called more sophisticated look. I've never bought powder before--always thought it would be too drying. Will I hate it?

on 9/24/2003 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I've had this on for 5 hours now & what a disappointment! I tried it after trying La Prairie's SC foundation last weekend. The latter gave such a FLAWLESS finish, and Vitalumiere was recommended as almost as good. Hardly!

I did find the perfect colour match, which is difficult for me (#50 Naturel). It looked fab when the SA put it on me too. But it didn't last. After a few hours it seemed to make my dry areas noticeable, and the overall impression was - well, average. Surprisingly average. I keep looking in the mirror expecting it to look better (LOL).

I have good skin, too. It's combo - dehydrated in winter (like now). I expected if anything that I'd get a shiny t-zone with this foundation. This didn't happen. It ended up giving me uneven skin texture (go figure!). I get a better radiant & long-lasting effect from NARS Balanced than from this foundation.

on 8/13/2003 3:10:00 PM

I wish there was an 'undecided' for the would you buy this question! First of all LOVE the pump and even though this is pricey, you only have to use the tiniest amount to cover your whole face because it is cream based. This feels absolutely weightless on and was the perfect hydration for my combo leaning toward dry skin, but there aren't a lot of color options for the lighter skinned girls. This looks great indoors but when I do the (dreaded) check in the car mirror, it was obviously a shade darker than my neck. The MA used Nude, which she said was one of the lightest colors. She also put a dusting of loose powder on top, so perhaps that skewed the color. This is somewhat irrelevant but I have to add: the Chanel MA's are SO friendly and sweet. They really try to help you look your best and listen to your concerns, instead of giving you a hard sell like some MA's. I have had consistently good experiences at my local counter. I'll update in a few more hours to see what I think.

on 8/8/2003 11:32:00 AM

the product is very easy and creamy to put on,the color great, but after 15 minutes my face was an oil slick.