Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 3/9/2004 4:31:00 PM

I love almost everything about this foundation - the formula is wonderfully hydrating for my dry winter skin & never gives me flakes, as well as feeling light and natural on. I am acne-prone and have never broken out from this product. The only drawback is that in summer or on oilier days, without powder over the top other people will be able to see their reflection in your face.

This is my favourite foundation for winter when my combination skin becomes a little dehydrated (due to climate being drier). Vitalumiere Fluid sits beautifully on top leaving my skin looking luminous and natural looking without enchancing any dry parts. 20 Clair is a perfect match for my fair-medium asian skin.

on 2/5/2004 11:00:00 AM

I love this foundation! The MA sent a sample home with me and I went back to buy it two days later. I have normal to dry skin and every foundation I have tried seemed to accentuate little flakes on my skin. This does not! The coverage is medium and the foundation seems to literally melt into your skin. I don't feel like I am wearing makeup, but my skin looks so good. I have heard some people have a hard time with color match, but I am a MAC NC25/N4, LM Warm Ivory and I wear Cameo in this foundation. I will definitely repurchase!

on 2/2/2004 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product for evenings out-makes my skin look like a movie star's-perfect, glowy, expensive! However-way too oily for warmer months, even in winter I blot w/oil absorbing sheets before powder and blush. I never use it near my eyes-makes everything slide off. -for special occasions-fabulous.

on 1/5/2004 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I guess I'm one of the few guys (if not the only one) reading comments on MakeupAlley :) Anyway, I'm using foundations, since I'm modelling, and I'm used to have a foundation on my face even when I'm not on catwalk. I've been using different ones - Shiseido (very nice indeed), Sisley (quite disturbing) and a few others. I chose to turn to Chanel, and Vitalumiere is a really good foundation - that what I've found. I have a dry skin & the foundation works just perfectly - not too much of the dewy thing, nor too less. And - what's of the biggest importance - I look natural, and people don't even notice I'm wearing a make-up!

on 11/26/2003 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Nice foundation that glides on skin and adds lots of moisture to dry skin. I prefer the creme slightly to this liquid one, but am stuck with the liquid for shade reasons. For some reason, Limpide in the creme is a tad too dark (adds a nice warmth, but I'd rather use bronzers for adding warmth instead of risking looking like I'm wearing a mask). The one thing that kept this from getting a 5 is that I feel that it doesn't last until the end of the day. I don't have much to cover up, thankfully, but sometimes some redness on my cheeks tends to show through after several hours. Still, that's easily explained by it moisturizing properties, which is a worthy exchange for a little wearing away after a while. I take care of it by dusting powder thoughout the day. Problem solved.

on 11/25/2003 5:48:00 AM

This is one of my favourite foundations. Gives a superb glow without getting shiny. Feels very comfortable!

on 11/23/2003 8:45:00 AM

I swapped this cream foundation with a friend who bought the wrong colour. At first I thought it wouldn't work for my normal/combination skin, but my skin looks so radiant and healthy! I don't use it in summer because it would melt off, but it's grat for the fall and winter.

Its very expensive for a foundation, but I've learnt over the years that cheap foundations cause my skin to break out or look like masks. Besides, it blends in so well that I use very little for my entire skin.

on 11/21/2003 4:17:00 AM

I love this foundation it's wonderful it does not work well in hot weather because it melt's right away and very dewy.
but works well in cold weather nice and smooth and wonderful to have.
i love this foundation.

ASHLEY =)

on 11/12/2003 9:47:00 PM

Gorgeous. The perfect-face-no-effort-when-you-have-to-be-sure foundation. For slightly dry or normal skin it cannot be beat. I use Shell (Nobara #754, Clarins powder foundation in Sand Beige), with a bit of translucent powder to tone down the glow. Great in winter or dry climates. Also a beautiful base for cream blush. I'm torn between saving it for special events and reaching for it every single day because it works so well.