October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by titina206

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really wanting to try this mascara, specially being a big fan of the collossal one, I wanted to see if this one worked for me, but it didn't.
    The formula does not look as dark as the colossal one. I put the two wands together, and this one ends up looking grey instead of black.
    The brush gets all my lashes, one by one, but, my eyes with one coat of mascara, and without mascara, look exactly the same, and with two coats, my lashes clump, and they don't even look fuller, or longer.
    The wand itself is one of the things that bothers me because it's very flexible, and the plastic fivers (I don't know how to name them, sorry), are not as good as the ones on the covergirl lashblast (orange tube).
    This mascara is about 10 euros, and there are "buy one, get one free" or things like that here, so I find it very pricy considering the quality that you get.
    Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by BriBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVELOVELOVED THIS PRODUCT. Haha, I lovee this. It made my lashes long and dramatic and didn't clump[;

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smudged and clumped on me despite my wiping the wand each time before use. I also found the brush too flexible as it 'gave' too much each time I pressed it against my lashes so that I didn't have the control I needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i dont like this at all. basically is like the weak handshake of mascara - leaves no impression - the brush LOOKS like it would be nifty, but isnt and the product looked, to me, to be inky and wet - but is more just watery and blah instead. i like inky black, non waxy, non fiber mascara - yet this disappoints. (i like loreals telescopic carbon black, no matter what others i try)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been seeing this at the local dollar store but just didn't get it because the last few maybelline mascaras that I had got I didn't really like too much. Then I saw some of these reviews and thought why not? I got this about a week ago and really, really like it. It does a good job of separating my lashes, gives pretty good length and with two coats, the volume is pretty good. I wouldn't say it's great for dramatic lashes, but for an everyday look, it's wonderful! I would definitely buy again. The brush is what makes this mascara!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Literally did nothing for my lashes. Even faded off (and burned by eyes) after only a few hours. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by LovesMakeup11

I love this mascara! I have the waterproof version and it is great!
    It is the most natural looking mascara I have ever tried. It still gives me great length and volume, but somehow manages to make it look as if my lashes are naturally that way! It gives virtually no clumps whatsoever, which I absolutely adore! It stays all day and is definitely waterproof. I can also achieve a day to night look with this mascara, as one coat looks good for day and if you apply a second it is more dramatic and great for the night. Overall, I love this mascara and would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a clump-free, stay all day, volumizing and lengthening mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Nymphaeatic

I'm really fond of this mascara actually, mainly because of how it separates my lashes and doesn't clump. Although I have to agree that one coat of this is hardly noticeable at all, I find that it's easy to build and I start to get a lot more volume with two coats. I hardly ever put more than two coats on, so I don't know if it would continue to build more with added coats. I've noticed a little bit of flaking recently, but that may be because my formula is starting to get a little dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by xoxmelissaa

This is a very natural looking mascara. It separates your lashes, gives some length, and some volume. If you're looking for a mascara that will give you dramatic lashes, this is not the mascara for you. It's better for the people that's looking for natural lashes. I prefer Maybelline's The Colossal mascara over this one because it gives me more length and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by danceinthedark4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im going to have to give this two reviews, alone, and with other mascaras. Alone, this mascara is bad. It gives me a suuuper natural look that I think is way too little. I want my eyes to have lash drama going on, and this doesn't give me that. It seperates like a dream, but the volume and length provided is not even decent. The waterproof formula really stays on, my friends were really impressed, and since it's my only waterproof mascara, I'm stuck with it for now. I don't really like it, it jut doesn't give me what I want. It's good for bottom lashes, but I don't really wear mascara on my bottom lashes, so that isn't helpful to me. Now, with OTHER mascaras, this is amazing!! I can put any mascara on - I usually use L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes because it clumps like no other - and no matter how many clumps I get, I just use this mascara to clean my eyelashes up and de-clump them!! The spiky, plastic brush (which I dont like considering it is really, really spiky and hard) is very useful for breaking up clumps at the roots. I turn it on an angle, then use a very little part of the brush to do my work. So, I do not really use this as a mascara, only if I'm going to the pool or beach, but I use this as a mascara de-clumper and groomer. For that, it works really well. All in all, I might repurchase, but only for de-clumping. It's not really worth your money if you want a nice, voumizing and lengthening mascara.