September 18, 2014 | 1721 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by beckyboo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Rimmel london foundation has left dirty marks on my face that were not easy to get off when i needed, I would not buy this again because its to exspencive for the quality it has 'said' on tv also left my skin dry with few spots apearing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sofa86

I really wanted to like this foundation after seeing it on youtube. Rimmel goes on sale quite often so I was excited to get it dirt cheap. I cannot say anything about the lasting power because this will not blend into my skin. I have tried putting this on with my hands, sponges, and various brushes and to no avail. It looks cakey and splotchy even with primers. It also felt very heavy. I left this on to see if it would settle and look better but I came up with the same look after a couple hours. Fix+, powders, I have no clue what else to do so up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LittleMy17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the most amazing value for money of any foundation out there. It has a lovely texture, good coverage without looking cakey or chalky, a natural moist (but not oily, greasy, or slippery) finish, and a generous quantity all for under $10. It really lasts.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by fairygirl28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would say that this foundation is a fairly good for the drugstore, it is supposed to last 25 hours, but i don't know anyone that wears makeup all day. For me it will last 8 if i'm working and 10 if i'm not working. I did notice however tha it will get patchy if i am doing excess sweating.
The downside to this foundation is the color selection, i got 103 true ivory and it is really orange on me, so i am thinkig that 100 would be a better match for me. I really think that Rimmel should bring out more shades. It is hard to determine the colors in the store because most of the lighter shades look the same in the store, until you can get them home and see the real shade.
Overall i would say that this foundation is good drugstore foundation, it gives medium coverage and lasts quite a while, but i am still on the hunt for my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I am really surprised and pleased with the coverage and finish. If Soft Beige is sold out, then go for True Ivory. It's not as light as you'd think. I know Rimmel foundations tend to run dark for me, and there is a shade between those two that was too tan. It's kind of odd how they have the shades set up and there are so few to begin with. Despite that, it has a very light scent that smells like the Stay Matte pressed powder. It's sort of a light lotion scent and nothing offensive. One ounce for under $7 is a deal. I think I prefer the way this sets on my skin compared to Revlon Colorstay, which we all know is the queen of drugstore foundations. It could be due to a lack of SPF. I don't see any SPF listed on their website or the tube. While it's good to prevent skin cancer, it should be seperate from a foundation because it affects the lasting power. For me that is another plus. Update: This will go on thick if you let it, so use your fingers to warm up the product and really blend it into your skin with a dense buffing brush in order to thin it out. This foundation made me question plenty of my high end purchases. It covers, it sets, it looks natural, and you need less concealer. I reach for it a lot over high end choices because it's so cheap and looks good. It covers in the same way Chanel Perfection Lumiere does, only I feel it's better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by suzanne1993

I love this foundation! I had been using the Rimmel Stay Matte which gave hardly any coverage so I was super pleased that this foundation had a medium coverage to help cover up my spots and redness. Another good point is I found it really easy to spread across my face and one pump of foundation is enough to cover alot of skin.
It stays really well and can last me throughout the day. Not sure if it lasts a full 25 hours, that's debatable, but it does last throughout a working day!
Not very keen on the packaging for this foundation. I don't like glass bottles and it's hard to get the foundation out with the pump when there's less of the foundation inside. And it can come out really quickly so be careful!
On the plus, the price is really cheap and it gives great coverage for my pale skin so I would recommend to anyone who wants good coverage without being too thick at a good price :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this foundation at all. First off, i have two of the shades, both too dark for me and look either grey or orange in contrast to my skin. I can not stand the feel of this on my skin, it feels very thick and heavy. It makes my skin look dry since i am prone to dehydrated skin, and looks cakey. The only good thing about this is that it does give you good coverage, and lasts pretty long, but that is not worth all the cons it gives me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation from the good reviews I've read. Upon looking at the shades, I realized my shade does not come close to the five on the shelf. I have the shade in 202 and its a little too dark for me. Upon application I realized it gives a dewy finish, which meant I needed to set it with a powder or else I would turn into an oil slick. I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage of this foundation, and the lasting power. I dont know who would wear makeup for 25 hours, but for a long hard day's work, this foundation stayed put. Now, here's where the trouble started. Usually I get extremely oily around my t zone, ad I rely on both my foundation and powder to maintain the oils surging underneath my skin. In about 3 hours my face was oily, and by nightfall, I broke out in cystic acne around my chin!
The packaging is nice; I do like the plastic tube, making application of the product easier than a glass jar, but the foundation is too runny for my liking and when I first got this, it was hard to find the right one that hadn't been touched.

I would recommend this foundation for people with normal to dry skin, because it seems to be more of a foundation with moisurizers in it. Though it stayed on my skin throughout the day, it did not deliver what I wanted in a foundation. Not a matte finish, quite dewy, and I was shiny within a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

I have dry/sensitive skin & i'm really skeptical about foundations and concealers cus i'm worried they'll accentuate my dry spots or break me out. I also have acne scars that I want to hide so I was searching for an atleast decent foundation that'll conceal them.
When I saw this, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but wow. This is pretty awesome. I got mine in 102 warm ivory and it's a freaking crazy perfect color match for me. Don't be alarmed by the orangish color outside the packaging; that's not it's true color on your face. It conceals redness without drying my skin and it's moisturizing! Which is a total plus. I also love love love the dewy finish it leaves. It makes your skin look moist, not oily. & it lasts the whole day! So yayyyy
Oh and one really bad thing is the tube packaging. It spills out too much and I hate wasting product.

Overall, go buy this, people who have dry acne skin! Recommend fer suree

EDIT: I don't like how this kind of 'sits' on my skin. I could actually see the foundation and it dosent sink in. Very disappointed since I thought it was going to be my HG foundation. Def changed my mind about this one. Don't recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

Truly the worst foundation I have ever used. The actual formula separated on my face. From far away, my face looked like I had just oiled up, but luckily, I took my 3x magnifying mirror and noticed that the oil from the foundation was SITTING on my skin. I wiped it off & noticed my actual skin wasn't oiling up or anything. It was this thing making my face looked horrid.

Not to mention this happened in the first hour or two of using it. TERRIBLE. Returned it after about 5 uses.