July 25, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

Truly the worst foundation I have ever used. The actual formula separated on my face. From far away, my face looked like I had just oiled up, but luckily, I took my 3x magnifying mirror and noticed that the oil from the foundation was SITTING on my skin. I wiped it off & noticed my actual skin wasn't oiling up or anything. It was this thing making my face looked horrid.

Not to mention this happened in the first hour or two of using it. TERRIBLE. Returned it after about 5 uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by misakiichii

blech. i'm super surprised to see all of the positive, glowing reviews on here. this wore on me similarly to how estee lauder double wear looks on me--it looks glowing and great from far away, but up close, it's a CAKEY mess. on the plus side, it does offer a decent amount of coverage. does it last 25 hours? i couldn't say... but i will say that it lasted about an hour before it oxidized a sad, sad, shade of orange on me.

the finish is close to satin, and when you put this on, you can definitely feel like you're wearing foundation. it's very "sticky" and it feels like it takes FOREVER to dry. for $4, i knew not to expect much... but yikes. i'm going to try to sheer this out with lotion to see if i like it better as a tinted moisturizer since i HATE wasting money... but i would never wear this out into the daylight. too mask-like and cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Tamsins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I bought it on impulse as I was sick of my Bourjois looking too yellow and wasn't really expecting much. It is quite 'thick' but blends really well and does actually last a long time, definitely through a working day, which will do for me! The colour maches are good for me, I'm an NW20 (on the lighter side) in MAC and I wear 100. I like the finish, although I don't think it would be suitable for very oily skin. In the UK it comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a pump and so I rate the packaging highly for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by minax

I couldn't find a good color match for this in the shades they had at the shop so I bought 100 and 201 and mix the two. I have dehydrated skin so I like the creamy texture. It lasts most of the day, it fades a bit over time but not enough that I feel the need to reapply makeup. I like the packaging a lot, it comes in an unbreakable tube and is easy to travel with. Coverage is full to start with and then fades to medium during the day. I use it only where I really need cover otherwise I get the flat look that others have commented on. Does not break me out or irritate or dry out my skin like some other long wear foundations I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whats up with the bad reviews? this foundation is dewy and full coverage so you wiill get that "heavy look" if you apply too much. The best way to apply this is using a foundation brush.

what rimmel has done is repackaged it. its the same as lasting finish 16 hour. cosmetic companies do this all the time to keep up with sales and other brands. however having said that, there are some really small minor changes:

* the ingredients in the 25 hour one is slightly different to the 16 hour one. i say its 95% identical to the 16 hour one. very minor changes. but the 25 hour one has almost the same finish**: medium/full coverage, semi matte, dewy, shiny, my shade 200 soft beige is still the same.

**the finish is slightly (and i mean slightly) less sticky and shiny. the 16 hour one was heaps shiny and sticky and you had to set it with loose powder otherwise it would look horrible with powder. it has a more lightweight feel.

so if you love the 16 hour one, you will love the 25 hour one. this is a great drugstore foundation if you set it with powder and i can see why rimmel is wanting to repackage it to make it better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by WhateverForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god this sucks so bad,It's weird sometimes its liquidy and takes forever to dry and sometimes it's creamy + thick and dries up really fast as for coverage its barely a notch above tinted moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

Like a lot of other people, I first heard of this foundation from youtube's Emily Noel. Her claims on its flawless finish and longevity had me captivated and I couldn't wait to try it out. I picked up the shade in 103 True Ivory which is the second lightest shade (I am a MAC NC20-25). It is a pretty good match, I can probably go up a shade for the summer, but for now, it works just fine. I appreciate the simplicity of the packaging for travel and practicality but I think they should make a smaller spout for the foundation to come out. A light squeeze results in a massive explosion of foundation on my hand. Although this is more controlled than a glass bottled foundation with no pump, I still think the packaging a little finicky. The texture of the foundation is creamy but liquidy at the same time, very similar to the Revlon Colorstay (without the awful paint smell). I apply this with a buffer brush and I get a medium-full coverage depending on how much foundation I use. The finish is not too matte, surprisingly natural for a long wearing foundation and not difficult to work with at all. I do set it with powder because of my oily skin and although I can't make any statements about its 25hour claims, I will say that it does last longer than an average foundation. I think the lasting power is definitely on-par with the Revlon ColorStay and it doesn't feel as heavy on the skin. I applied this foundation at 7am this morning, it is now 11:45 pm and I must say that my makeup still looks decent. And a HUGE plus is that it is very inexpensive so I will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I've bumped this up to 5 lippies. I have used this foundation EVERY SINGLE DAY this week. This never happens to me, I have many, many foundations and I like to rotate them daily depending on how long I have to be out. This week was particularly hectic for me, so I knew I needed a longer lasting foundation to plough through the day. This foundation stayed on through 9 hour school days, stormy wind and rain, 8 hour shifts, and even a party. Now, I have had to smooth down oilier areas of my skin (my T-zone) by the 7-8th hour of wear, but that is perfectly fine with me. And I acquire a "radiant glow", according to my highly critical sister, after my powder melts in. Great foundation, this will be in my stash forever, I officially like this better than my MAC Prolongwear AND Revlon ColorStay. Ladies, go buy this now!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by aanner

great coverage, lasted at least 12 hours (that's how long i keep my makeup on) and i have very very oily skin. covered up all my acne and scars. the packaging lets you get every little bit of makeup possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by swtscents24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this foundation because for my dry combination skin, it gives me a nice , dewy finish on my cheeks which i LOVE. It goes on smoothly and blends very nicely. The coverage is pretty good, and it is thin so it does not feel like much is on your skin. I can layer it as a concealer without it looking cakey. Neutral undertones are a plus as well. I just wish it had SPF but otherwise I really like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sofia2723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Coverage: Medium to full
Lasting Effect: 6 hours for me
Finish: Matte, natural

This product looks really natural.
My only con is that this product has so much coverage, that it kinda make my face looks flat.
This happens because my face basically only has one color, cause the foundation concealed everything.

This could easily be counteracted though with a blush and bronzer.

This product in no way shape or form stayed for 25 hours.
I would say this lasted maximum 6 hours.