October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I tried this because summer is coming soon and wanted a longer lasting foundation than my Graftobian cream (which looks great but is not very sweat/heat/water, resistant). I read the raves and thought for the price it would be worth it to try. I like it but don't love it. Its not a bad run errands, don't want to use up the good stuff foundation, but at this point by no means HG. It looks natural enough on my very dry but for a very oily t-zone, and the color while more neutral toned (which to me means more pink than yellow), is an okay enough match. I guess that's really how I feel in general, its just okay. However, I am planning to give this another go this week with a different sunscreen underneath and who knows, may love it then. I will say it stayed on till I washed my face so if you find a good match in color you might be quite pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've recently been experimenting with a few drugstore foundations, and this is the one that really made me glad I did!

The product applies and blends easily with fingers and/or brush, and leaves a fantastic natural satin finish that lasts and lasts. The coverage starts at light/medium and is easily buildable without losing that healthy glowing look.

The oil control is good (not perfect but better than average), but most importantly for my dry skin it didn't flake at all! In terms of the consistency I'd say the closest comparison I could give would be MUFE HD, however I found that this foundation is less drying and lasts better.

The colour range seemed reasonable and I easily found a match for my light, warm-toned skin (Soft Beige).
Also, the packing is good quality with a lovely hygienic pump - perfect!

Although I don't regret the money I've spent on my ever-expanding collection of HE foundations (they each have their own benefits), this is the best all-rounder for my sensitive combination skin. I highly reccommend it, even if drugstore foundation doesn't usually work for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by tweetybird101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! this is absolutely my HG! Loveeee It! i have really dry skin and it doesn't stick to them! My foundation hunt is over!:) Thanks, Rimmel!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Thumadre96

I loove this foundation! I have combination/normal skin, which rarely tends to get oily or dry (Im lucky) The texture on this foundation is really nice, creamy, and easy to blend with fingers or a brush. I have medium beige skin tone with warm undertones and the color 200 soft beige matches me perfectly. It doesn't have a lot of color selections so that would be sort of a hassle of you have really light or dark skin. It doesn't oxidize on me and gives a hydrated and satin finish to the skin. Not too matte or dewy which I love! It does literally stay on all day, or for me about 13 hours. I have school and basketball practice afterwards so I move around alot, but this foundation stays on perfectly until the end of the day. Without a doubt its comparable to Revlon Colorstay but its easier to blend, doesn't smell weird and its in a squeeze tube so you don't waste product. Would definitely recommend (:

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by jubjubjulie

Ok, after reading reviews on MUA and finding this foundation on Sale at Shoppers i decided to give it a try. I bought 202 Nude and am usually a MAC NC30 or MUFE 120.
I first tried it yesterday without any primer using a stipple brush. Coverage was really good. After 2 hours on my way out, i looked in my rearview mirror and it oxidized. I was orange! Just call me Snooki! I ran back into the house to wash it off.. It really does stay put as I literally had to scrub to get it all off.
Today I have tried it using primer and with my fingers. I found when I used it with my fingers, coverage wasn't as full, more like a light coverage. Good news was that it is now 4.5 hours later and I am not yet Orange! BUT, it does look a bit streaky where my nose is and under my eyes, it looks a bit cakey.. I gave this 3 lippies because of the staying power without primer, the cost and coverage. Two lippies were taken off because of the oxidation without primer and streaking with primer. Tomorrow I will try to re-apply this with a stipple brush and primer and see how the coverage is and if it lasts.
UPDATE: my foundation oxidized after about 6 hours and then it became streaky! I looked like a Snooki zebra. I am returning this foundation tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

Maybe I would buy again if they have more shades selections in the future but for now....nothing matches my skintone. I don't like the fact that it doesn't have SPF in it. I like the packaging and the staying power. It lasted throughout the day ...about 8 hours. The 25 hour is kind of pointless because who would want to wear foundation for that long??

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fail for me for 2 reasons:

1) no color match. I'm an NC15 and the lightest shade was much too dark.

2) way to heavy. But it's a full coverage foundation and I like light coverage, so it's not really surprising I didn't like the coverage.

I got this because I have oily-combo skin, usually more on the oily side, and I wanted a foundation that would last all day. This does, it's just too heavy. I need a LIGHT foundation that lasts all day. I would definilty recommend this though to someone who wants a long wearing full coverage foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by beckyboo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Rimmel london foundation has left dirty marks on my face that were not easy to get off when i needed, I would not buy this again because its to exspencive for the quality it has 'said' on tv also left my skin dry with few spots apearing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by sofa86

I really wanted to like this foundation after seeing it on youtube. Rimmel goes on sale quite often so I was excited to get it dirt cheap. I cannot say anything about the lasting power because this will not blend into my skin. I have tried putting this on with my hands, sponges, and various brushes and to no avail. It looks cakey and splotchy even with primers. It also felt very heavy. I left this on to see if it would settle and look better but I came up with the same look after a couple hours. Fix+, powders, I have no clue what else to do so up for swap it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by LittleMy17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the most amazing value for money of any foundation out there. It has a lovely texture, good coverage without looking cakey or chalky, a natural moist (but not oily, greasy, or slippery) finish, and a generous quantity all for under $10. It really lasts.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No