October 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by funkybabe

This is a great mascara! I have it on all day long and it doesn't smudge at all. This is definitely one of my fave mascaras. It is so cheap too! I don't know what the retail price is but I bought it at a sale for $1!! Bargain! It makes my lashes so thick and long. Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by lenny_510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has gradually become one of my favorite mascaras. I have to curl my lashes before mascara. STL leaves them curly, defined, lengthened and nicely fanned out. It is pretty dramatic too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 8:58:00 PM More reviews by upbeat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bought lots of mascaras, both low and high end, and nothing has worked for me as much as this mascara. This is a great product that's easily found in drugstores and even grocery stores. I bought it in black and it really creates separation and length on my lashes. I like the fact that you can apply many coats and build up the drama, or apply just a few for a more subtle look. I like the red tube because it's easy to find in my makeup bag. So many mascaras run down my face by the end of the day, giving me the racoon look, but this one does not budge AT ALL and it's not even waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by chiclet

Hmm, I've worn this a few times now but I didn't get any flaking like other reviewers did. Other pros: defined my lashes, no smudging or clumping either, and really easy to take off. Cons: I didn't see much volumising, even with 2 coats, and my lashes seemed kinda dry (like they looked brittle). Overall, it's an okay product, not the worst drugstore mascara but not the best either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2004 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Liliana_18

i loved this mascara the very first time i used it! just the right amount comes out and it did a good job on defining my paper thin lashes.like everyone else said,it wouldve gotten all 5 lippies if it didnt flake at the end of the day.love the brush too~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This looked okay at first, but at the end of the day, I noticed little black flakes all over my face so I won't be using it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2004 6:57:00 PM More reviews by elsangalang

This was kind of JUST OK for my skimpy, barely noticeable Asian lashes. It did darken & thicken my lashes, but tended to get flaky toward the end of the day. HATE THAT! I didn't find any problems removing it using a couple Almay non-oily eye m/u remover pads. I'm still on the hunt for my HG mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

For some reason, I'd always bypassed this mascara in the drugstore, but I decided to make an impulse purchase one day and see if this was any good.

PROS:
    -The black is a rich black, which is quite uncommon among drugstore brands.
    -It doesn't clump up at all, but does add thickness and volume.
    -It holds curl quite well.
    -It leaves lashes soft and touchable.

CONS:
    -It doesn't lengthen much, so it doesn't give as dramatic of an effect as I'd hoped.
    -It does flake off a little bit towards the end of the day.

I would probably repurchase, just because it's so inexpensive, but it definitely isn't dramatic enough to be my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this at the base of my lashes only. It gives great volume and helps make my lashes look full. I don't personally like it on my whole lash it does not add length for me. I use this in combo with Fantastic lash and I get great results. My 2 complaints about this is: It can get flakey and It is really hard for me to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2004 10:12:00 PM More reviews by vermilion27

For the price, this mascara performs pretty well. I like it better than the much-raved Lash Blast mascara which brush is too big to handle. This one can be built up to have super-oomp lashes, but with one or two coats, Super Thick Lash seperates beautifully and thickens quite nicely. You can also put a tons of coats on and it NEVER will clump, and the brush is perfect for grabbing all the lashes, including the ones on the bottom. It also resists smudging but comes off easily with soap and water. I have used all the hyped drug store mascaras and I mean ALL of them (all Cover Girl. Maybellinne, Max Factor, Rimmel, L'oreal), and I always come back to this $4 gem.