July 24, 2014 | 1107 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2004 6:57:00 PM More reviews by elsangalang

This was kind of JUST OK for my skimpy, barely noticeable Asian lashes. It did darken & thicken my lashes, but tended to get flaky toward the end of the day. HATE THAT! I didn't find any problems removing it using a couple Almay non-oily eye m/u remover pads. I'm still on the hunt for my HG mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

For some reason, I'd always bypassed this mascara in the drugstore, but I decided to make an impulse purchase one day and see if this was any good.

PROS:
-The black is a rich black, which is quite uncommon among drugstore brands.
-It doesn't clump up at all, but does add thickness and volume.
-It holds curl quite well.
-It leaves lashes soft and touchable.

CONS:
-It doesn't lengthen much, so it doesn't give as dramatic of an effect as I'd hoped.
-It does flake off a little bit towards the end of the day.

I would probably repurchase, just because it's so inexpensive, but it definitely isn't dramatic enough to be my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Just_a_Hobby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this at the base of my lashes only. It gives great volume and helps make my lashes look full. I don't personally like it on my whole lash it does not add length for me. I use this in combo with Fantastic lash and I get great results. My 2 complaints about this is: It can get flakey and It is really hard for me to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2004 10:12:00 PM More reviews by vermilion27

For the price, this mascara performs pretty well. I like it better than the much-raved Lash Blast mascara which brush is too big to handle. This one can be built up to have super-oomp lashes, but with one or two coats, Super Thick Lash seperates beautifully and thickens quite nicely. You can also put a tons of coats on and it NEVER will clump, and the brush is perfect for grabbing all the lashes, including the ones on the bottom. It also resists smudging but comes off easily with soap and water. I have used all the hyped drug store mascaras and I mean ALL of them (all Cover Girl. Maybellinne, Max Factor, Rimmel, L'oreal), and I always come back to this $4 gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Frogin479

Love this mascara! Thickens and lengthens my lashes without clumping or making them stick together. Nothing else I've tried has given me such great results, and you definitely can't beat the price! Have been using it for years, and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by scraps

Well I bought my first tube of this mascara ( red tube ) from CG under the MUA rec's...I am sooo glad I did..I was reluctant at first thinking how could I possibly be satisfied with a cheaper mascara.....OHMYGOSH!!! The first time I used this my lashes were way out there...magnified, full, and held the curl all day..also I used 3 coats and NO CLUMPING!! Also, I put another coat on for nighttime and still NO CLUMPING!! I can't believe for $5.99 I got better results than $21.00 for Hypnose at Lancome....also my lashes stayed very soft and flexible..not brittle and hard.....definitley a repurchase for me..this is the 3 CG product I have purchased thru MUA rec's and I am so glad I did...I am 32 and a product whore..so far the tinted moisturizer and powder (CG Smoothers and now this mascara) are total winners.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by slewis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally not a fan of Cover Girl products, however, I love this mascara. It makes my lashes full in just two coats. Also the black is really a rich black. (I have dark hair so I love that.) Another great thing is washes off easily so I don't loose lashes when I remove it. The packaging could use a little work (big ugly red tube) but I'm not hung up on that sort of thing. The price is reasonable and I can find it anywhere. This is my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

This is a good, clump-free formula that separates nicely. I have to use 2 coats for the more dramatic eye that I desire (that is usual). It has a cheap, ugly red package, if that matters to you. Overall, I'd say there are plenty better mascara options for me to buy this again. I like Maybelline and L'oreal Mascaras much better. ***EDIT*** I ran out of my other mascara and have been using this instead. I've actually decided that I like this more than my Maybelline Lash Discovery. I'll probably buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 5:33:00 PM More reviews by purelai

I don't know how many tubes I've gone thru, but this is IMO, one of the best mascara!! It gives my lash tons of volume, never clump, and gives decent length. I don't think it's WP, but don't remember it smudges on me. I'd go away to try some new mascaras, but always ended up coming back to this. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

This is a great inexpensive mascara that really does a superb job of thickening lashes. Will re-purchase.