October 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought my Mia a year ago. I love it, it works great to keep me exfoliated (which I need to prevent my skin from getting lumpy from clogs). I recently went traveling without it for 2.5 weeks and my skin was significantly worse, also I ran out of my toner. Between the 2 things, I remembered how horrible getting breakouts used to be. (I use DDF toner.)

Anyways, I am really writing this review because of my FRIEND's skin. She was ambivalent about buying one because it's over $100 and she kept asking me whether it was really "worth it". Even finally after she got it with holiday sale codes, she was saying her skin felt better, but didn't look better. Finally I saw her this week, and I suddenly noticed that her skin was very clear in tone and had maybe 80% fewer dark marks and breakouts. I was like, "Hey! Your skin!" and she bashfully said that it seemed like the Mia was really working well but it took a few weeks to start showing results. After I told her how lumpy I got during my trip, she vowed never to be without hers. She said the $100 was very much worth it! Think about it, even if you get a year's worth of clearer skin out of this machine, it's cheaper than getting facials.

Also, I recently read third party comparisons of Clarisonic versus other brands and also manual exfoliators. The Clarisonic is the clear winner in terms of getting pores really clean. But let's face it, not everyone needs the tippy-top level of cleaning. For some people it's too harsh. For some people, just some light manual exfoliation is fine. But some of us who have skin issues (especially those that really need exfoliation to keep skin in good condition) will benefit enormously from the Clarisonic, and nothing else will substitute.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Another great review on MIA. THIS DOES NOT CLEAR UP ACNE> It will help your skin be better exfoliated and cleaner to allow products to penetrate more effectively, and thus, *may* help clear up acne/discoloration/whatever treatment you use to help your skin's issues. Since using this, my pores are smaller, my products DO work better (so I'm using less) and I find myself enjoying washing my face at night. I use the sensitive head and probably will only use 'normal' or 'deep pore' occasionally in the summertime when my skin is greasier. Since using this, I have stopped using St Ives scrub (which I now believe is VERY abrasive to do the same job). It's really helped improve the tone and texture of my skin (post accutane, currently on retin a micro and using glycolic pads). HOWEVER, when i first got it i was using it morning and night... that was too much for my skin and i was breaking out. I now only use it at night and my face is a happy place again :). I do not want to ever be without my little mia! Save up, it's worth trying (you can always return).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by gloss4me

I just got my Mia, not even a full week ago. I have combination skin, but not problematic skin. I initially wanted this brush to really get the make up off at night. The first time I used this tool I noticed the effects right away, then I wondered if it would be too harsh for my skin (using morning and night). So far I'm loving this gadget and will continue to use it, I've used different cleansers with it and have had good results. Mine is turquoise :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by nordiesgirl

Love, love, love this handy tool! Part of the key to great looking skin is to speed up your skin cell reproduction; how do we do this? Exfoliating. The reason Clarisonic Mia is so great, is you really canít over stimulate you skin causing excess oil. I have noticed all over smoothness, even skin tone, less oil in my t-zone, no more dry patches and all of my small forehead bumps are gone. I'm starting to see blackheads diminish and my skin looks firmer. Excited to see what Mia can do long term for me. I have been using Este Lauder Perfectly Clean foam cleanser (Like, but I might try something new) and the new Este Lauder Idealist Even Skin Tone Illuminator (Amazing!!!). Try to use it at least at night, before I slather on my products. Thinking about purchasing one for my hubby too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got mine as a Xmas gift, and along with the Mason Pearson brush, it has become my favourite tool. It's just amazing, and you can get results really fast, I saw them from the very beginnig, during the first three days to be exact.
For your considertaion, I have combo normal-oily t-zone, I'm almost 28, and I've been experimenting weird breakouts during the last year due to stress. This baby helps amazingly with enlarged pores, blemishes and of course, reducing my t-zone oilies. I've noticed my skin to be much more softer and smooth, and while I keep on using the same cleanser (Dove Beauty bar) I feel that any product I put my face on, absorbs deep an quicker, which is a pro.
I use it twice a day, with sensitive brush, and I feel my skin really exfoliated but extremely moisturized. I really think it's an investment, and it truly worth the price. Maybe the best tool I've have ever bought.
If you're doubtful which colour to choose, I got mine in turquoise, and it's between Tiffany blue and teal, more on the robin egg blue side.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first saw the Clarisonic, I thought, "oh great, an expensive doo dad to help you escape from the drudgery of washing your face." A little background first, I bought the new Physicians Formula "concern: aging skin" cleanser and I didn't like it. It has no fragrance and no lather so even though it probably was a good cleanser, I didn't feel like it was cleaning my face very well. Then, I bought my teen daughter the clarisonic mia for Christmas. I found it in her room, several days later, still in the box, and as mothers are sometimes wont to do, I stole it. I needed a mild facial cleanser to use with it so I brought the Physicians Formula back out and I'm so glad I did! It works great with the Clarisonic! What a fun tool this little brush is. I thought it would spin but it doesn't, it vibrates. I go over my entire face and neck, after slathering on the cleanser. The only complaint I have is that when I'm scrubbing my nose, it vibrates my face and it feels a little weird. Feels great everywhere else, especially the forehead. You don't apply pressure, just skim the surface of your skin. You also need to use a very mild soap, no scrubs. I also think it would be great for a teen with acne on the face, arms or anywhere. It was very expensive but seems very well made and entirely submersable. It doesn't hold a charge for very long, only about 20 sessions or so, but it's easy to charge. My face is soft, smooth with no flakiness after cleansing with the clarisonic and using a good, thick moisturizer (my skin is very dry). I'm seriously thinking of giving this one back to my daughter and buying the full size one for myself. Highly recommend.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased the Mia (2) about a month ago at Sephora. In that short amount of time I've seen a dramatic improvement in the overall clarity and smoothness of my skin. The first few times I used it I was incredibly amazed at how smooth my skin felt after cleansing it. I am hoping that it will continue to improve my skin. I have pretty big pores on my nose and I haven't seen a difference in the size of them thus far. First couple of weeks I did get some breakouts on my forehead. SA at Sephora warned me that I would. But I honestly have only had two pimples since that initial first week. Usually break out a lot during my period, I'm so used to it, I just come to expect it every month. Well, this is the first cycle of using the Mia 2 and I haven't seen ONE pimple. I'm getting used to my skin being clear so I hope this trend will continue. I LOVE my Clarisonic and for me it was well worth the money. I love how it beeps to tell me when to switch areas of my face. And it blinks when it needs charged. Might have to do an updated review in the next couple of months to see if it will get rid of these nasty oversized pores on my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ForMeItWorks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When the Clarisonic first hit the market, I was very hesitant, but after the Mia was introduced, I finally decided to make the purchase. I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for about 6-7 months now. Although I have not experienced any life changing results, I am very glad that I purchased it and if given the opportunity, would purchase again. I have oily to combination, aging skin. I suffer with the usual monthly acne. Since adding the Clarisonic to my skin regimen, I have seen that my skin care products are working better for me. I use Philosophy Purity and Neutrogena Acne Wash as my cleansing products and they both work well with my Mia. The unit I purchased came with the sensitive skin brush head but I purchased the deep pore cleansing brush. Surprisingly, I prefer the sensitive even though my skin is not sensitive. I want to try the normal brush head next. I may try the Clarisonic Plus for it's body benefits.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot imagine what my life would be like without this product! It is absolutely life changing!, Honestly I can say that this has improved the look and feel of my skin drastically, I use it everyday once a day and love it, cannot go a day without it, I forgot my Mia when I went on a trip for a few days and I could feel how congested my skin got without this, It's pricey but definitely worth the money, definitely an investment piece that every woman should own!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by griffo74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the Clarasonic Mia for about 4 months now and would not want to be without it. I have noticed a clarity and brightness to my skin, especially in the T zone area and also a reduction to open pores. The MIa is different in the way that it seems to have an effect in deeper layers of the skin and I believe because of that it will have long term benefits over time. I would buy this again without hesitation, it's not inexpensive but I think it's worth it when it comes to looking after your skin.

Over a year on and I love the Clarasonic Mia. If I go without it for a while I break out and my skin is dull in comparison. I would rush out to replace this if I needed to.