Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 2/24/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this face wash. I have normal, somewhat sensitive, skin that gets breakouts every now and then- a couple times a month, maybe. But I still use this wash almost everyday. It helps reduce my acne problems. I do feel tightness in my face after using this product, but I moisturize (Neutrogena's oil-free moisture for sensitive skin) and then it feels fine. My skin hasn't experienced drying from this product. I would definitely rebuy.

on 2/22/2009 2:21:00 PM

I wanted to try something new so i came upon this product and my goodness i don't think it helped my acne skin that much... i think it's making it worst. It feels clean and all but it's so drying and I'm breaking out more. I wanted to continue using this product and make sure that it doesn't work but i think it's only making my face worst. the only thing this product help me do was dry out my skin, help me break out more, and help make my skin itchy and red.

on 2/20/2009 10:58:00 PM

I've tried many acne fighting cleansers, and I ALWAYS come back to this. It works so well for me and I'm surprised by the negative reviews on here. I don't have terrible acne but every once in a while I get a pimple on my chin. For a while I had a small cluster of really stubborn pimples on the side of my face and this stuff made that go away completely. Plus it makes my skin look beautiful and clean.

on 2/18/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: Left my skin clean
cons: did not eliminate acne, skin tends to dry up afterwards, and has a horrible scent.

on 2/17/2009 4:35:00 AM

I've been using this product thinking it would help my acne but it made it WORSE!

The cleanser stripped my skin of oil....then my skin produced more oil and I'd keep breaking out horribly!

I have since stopped using and my skin has cleared

Not recommended, it is ance wash in the respect that it GIVES you acne! This foaming cleanser is way too harsh

on 2/14/2009 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i should say upfront i have never used this on my face. i broke out horribly, under my chin, yrs ago, during a really stressful time. this soap with no other treatment, cleared it right up. cut to a few mos ago and i noticed breakouts on my upper back, places where, even with a towel, my skin had likely come in contact with various equipment at the gym. i had a few on my upper arms, just past where my towel extended to. i was really frantic to find something to clear it up and remembered this soap. it literally seemed to work in days. i have a medical condition that causes dry skin, and my skin is also very sensitive. a scented lotion i have used, and loved, for yrs, suddenly gives me hives. but i have zero problems with it. i made sure to use it after i was done shampooing and conditioning as some hair care products may also cause breakouts, so i washed all that off my back, arms, with this. it does what it says and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HATE it...the smell is offensive, it breaks me out, and i don't like the minimal amount of foam it generates. i just feel like it should either foam enough to please those who like a foaming cleanser or not foam at all. honestly, i just hate this stuff and wouldn't even use it to clean my feet.

on 2/11/2009 9:59:00 PM

When I had bad cystic acne and light acne around my mouth this is the ONLY thing that cleared it up. Very unfortunately though, I had to stop using it because it made the skin around my mouth and nose so dry it started to crack...Ouch! I gave it to my mom to use whom has oily skin, but no acne and she loves it too! Overall if you have stubborn moderate to severe acne please give this a try. Yes it smells bad and it may dry your skin out after the 5th use,(maybe it won't dry you out at all!) but it worked amazingly for me!

on 2/7/2009 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i loveeeeeeeeeeee this cleanser. it really cleans my skin without leaving it feeling stripped or dry. the only thing i dislike is the packaging but that's only sometimes when i need to take it somewhere and i have no way of closing the pump. other than that, i love it!

I've been using this for about 10 years and i love it and my derm recommended it for mild acne it works wonders. Haven't found anything better and i love the fresh smell and i have acne free skin.