October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bigdimples

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash for several months hoping to find a cleanser that would help control acne breakouts. I have oil skin and hoped that the oil-free wash would help keep the breakouts under control. It did not help with controlling the breakouts. It also seemed to leave a soapy residue on my skin. I think that for someone with occasional pimple, it will probably help keep the problem under control. My issue is a little more severe and needed something that would not leave residue on the skin. Overall, I was disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Laty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This wash caused me a horrible red rash all over my face that was incredibly itchy, and very obvious to everyone (which as you can imagine was quite embarrasing). And I don't have sensitive skin! This stuff is way too harsh, like paint stripper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by xxcandyflprxx

I've been using this wash for 4 months after using the grapfruit bodywash for acne and had instant results.I had gotten some serious cyst like zits after using Bliss products and needed instant help. I have not gotten one since!
I've noticed a bit drying now that its winter (i also use lustra-ultra lightening cream) but no crazy reactions, just switched to a heavier moisterizer. For the price and the time period Ive been using this wash its def. worth it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from my Derm and it last me about a month. It cleans my skin but it's really drying and I have NORM/COMBO skin. It didnt do anything for my acne. It's too drying for me. WOnt ever buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 2:40:00 AM More reviews by luvpandas

I've read online that salicylic acid is bad for sensitive skin. I have skin that generally stays red all the time and whenever I have breakouts I would mix 1 pump of neutrogena's oil free acne wash and 1 pump of my extra gentle neutrogena cleanser and massage the combination onto my skin. If I have only one pimple I would cut the mixture by half and apply it only on the problematic area and use the extra gentle cleanser everywhere else. I do this two times and my pimple dies down immediately after each use. My skin rarely breaks out anymore and it does not get red after I cleanse it this way. But it will get red if I don't mix it. I can only use the neutrogena acne wash alone on areas of my face that is not red (like my chin) and my face does not react to the acid at all. But be warned, even after using my combo cleanser I still have to apply a moisturizer around the area of the pimple and all over my face just like how everyone should moisturize after cleansing and toning.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by chizuno

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't seem to do much for my skin. It only made my face feel really tight after washing it off and made my face feel even oily-er afterwards as it stripped all the oils from my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a basic cleanser that I could use every day or so. I have been using it for a couple months now and like it okay, but it sometimes dries out my cheeks too much. I won't repurchase, but probably look for another basic wash that won't dry out my cheeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by prettypunky

Holy! This product was terrible. It was way too drying for me, and I have oily skin. This cleanser completely stripped my skin of its natural oils and made my skin so dry. There wasn't much redness, but I did get the flakies. So not good!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by toutlemonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nope.

I really don't like this very much. It's good for getting make-up off though.
If you have really, really, super oily skin with tons of pimples it might help.

But in my case, even though I have a pretty oily nose, it made my nose red and dry. Not the kind of "dries out your pimples" dry, but that unpleasant tight feeling that causes redness while accomplishing nothing good. I had used it before and tried it again after store was out of my regular cleanser. I remember why I left it now.
Don't get me wrong, it's not like the worst thing in the world or anything .I just don't like it. I use Clearasil Skin Perfecting Wash and I really like it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by leslieanne

I'd used this when I was a teenager, and for some reason had strayed for years. Now I'm back and completely in love again. I've never had a problem with dryness while using it, in fact my skin feels perfectly clean but not stripped of moisture after I rinse this product off, if anything I'd say that my skin feels slightly moisturized after use.
My skin is pretty normal, if I overdo it on the zit products it can dry out, but it's basically normal with the occasional hormonal breakout. As for the acne killing properties, I can't really comment on that, as I don't see an increase in zits, but not really a decrease either, but to be perfectly honest, I can't remember what my skin looked like before I started using this cleanser. But I think that this is a wonderful general cleanser, especially for the price, I don't use a whole lot on my face, maybe a little more than a pea size, and that could possibly be the reason I am not seeing the dryness everyone else is. But that much works perfectly for me, and anything else that might be left over after an especially dirty day just comes off with my toner anyway. I'm almost out of this and am going to get another bottle, and that's something I haven't done with ANY PRODUCT in the past couple years.