November 28, 2014 | 1937 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

This product leaves my face really really really DRY after use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this product, in my late 20s, I liked it. It was drying, yes, but I figured a constantly-peeling face beats a constantly-pimpled face. Now that I'm in my late 30s, I really can't tolerate the drying effect. And I'm not averse to deep cleansers: I use Clinique's liquid soap for oily skin, and Clarifying Lotion 4. But there is something about the Neutrogena product that just makes my face feel like it's been sucked dry by a Dyson vacuum. Not only that, but my skin then has the reaction of cranking out more oil and blemishes than before. I give this 3 lippies because I think it is appropriate for younger people with acne who want a quick improvement and don't mind dryness. I do wish the product was not so heavily colored and scented-- it's far from hypo-allergenic!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by stephg4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a little drying, but nothing some moisturizer can't fix. I like how my face feels after i use it and it cleared up alot of the big pimples i got from using the Neutogena Fresh Moisture moisturizer. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mistikmajik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a cleanser, it really gets rid of all the oil on your face. It's too drying for my skin, and even when I diluted it with a much gentler face wash it still dried out my face.
As a spot treatment, it works well. It doesn't dry out my whole face since I'm only using on my pimples. It's good as a spot treatment, but nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MrsPaulWalker

I have tried all cleansers, but I always come back to this.
After dealing with acne for years and 2 courses of accutane, this stuff seems to keep my skin in baby soft perfectly clear condition.
It is not harsh, and doesn't dry me out. It is quite capable of keeping the little bumps and sports at bay. I would say that it is perfection in a bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by iiezzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena's products are all ridicously harsh for my skin.
they break me out leaving red blotches and dry spot.
but this one takes the cake.
I hated this one. It burned.!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did nothing to help control breakouts and actually made my sensitive skin break out more. The formula leaves a dry, sticky reside on my skin and I had to user toner to remove the residue. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bigdimples

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Neutrogena Oil Free Acne wash for several months hoping to find a cleanser that would help control acne breakouts. I have oil skin and hoped that the oil-free wash would help keep the breakouts under control. It did not help with controlling the breakouts. It also seemed to leave a soapy residue on my skin. I think that for someone with occasional pimple, it will probably help keep the problem under control. My issue is a little more severe and needed something that would not leave residue on the skin. Overall, I was disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Laty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This wash caused me a horrible red rash all over my face that was incredibly itchy, and very obvious to everyone (which as you can imagine was quite embarrasing). And I don't have sensitive skin! This stuff is way too harsh, like paint stripper.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by xxcandyflprxx

I've been using this wash for 4 months after using the grapfruit bodywash for acne and had instant results.I had gotten some serious cyst like zits after using Bliss products and needed instant help. I have not gotten one since!
I've noticed a bit drying now that its winter (i also use lustra-ultra lightening cream) but no crazy reactions, just switched to a heavier moisterizer. For the price and the time period Ive been using this wash its def. worth it