Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using for about a year now at recommendation of my derm. Now, if you've got real acne issues, I don't think this cleanser will do much on its own. But if you have oily skin, it is a good, basic, cheap cleanser that really helps clean out the pores and makes skin ready for acne medication to be absorbed. I use prescription differen after I use this (I use both only at night). The combination works great.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Although this product doesn't actually help my acne, I love the convenience due to the pump bottle and the consistency of the cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling nice and clean, probably better for people who have decent skin and are just looking for a cleanser to wash their face, not so much suited if you're looking for a product to fight acne. I like the product, I will repurchase.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

As cheap as it is, it's still a waste of money. It does absolutely nothing for my skin. It doesn't make it worse, but it also doesn't make it better. I might as well be using a bar of soap.

I received this as a sample with the daily scrub and I have to say that I will not ever purchase this product. I know it is meant to clear up acne but it had no effect on me, i think it made mine worse. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks and all I can say is my skin is now dry, still broken out and really irritated. It' horrible. But if this product does work for you, definitely keep going because it is affordable. Too bad it made me break out =(.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the fact that it has a pump with it, but I hate the smell. It's not really that good. When I break out, I prefer using my St.Ives apricot scrub. This cleanser just isn't all that great.

I cannot stand this product. It's simply awful. I used to use this a couple of years ago when I went through a rough couple of years with bad skin - this, only served to make it worse, not better! It made me break out so, so, so much! I thought at first that it was just bringing clogged pores to the surface and whatnot but after using it for a while, I realized that it was just making me breakout, pure and simple. Not to mention it dried out my skin completely. At the time I had extremely oily skin, but within a week, I was flaking all over. I have never had any luck with Neutrogena products and this just adds to that list.

i love this product
make you feel clean
i have dry skin , and have notice it does not dry the skin at all .
i guess for the price its a great product!
as long as you stick with it,

This totally dried my skin out! Someone actually pointed out to me that my skin was flaking. It didn't even help my acne either; it made it worse. My mom keeps on telling me to go back to my original cleanser because my skin was better then. Waste of my money.
EDIT: Oh and to my horror, I was able to peel tons of dead skin off my face. I actually had a ball of rolled up dead skin on my face. Disgusting and way too harsh. I am stopping the use of this product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I have sensitive skin, knowing this I wen't and bought this product. I don't have acne, just the occasional breakouts here and there. Anyways after using this, just as they described to, it broke me out in four days after using this product :(
I recently just read the back of the bottle, and it states that it increases chance of sunburn, which makes feel more stupid because I am already easily sunburnt, and I didn't see that before buying.
I will not be using this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

First off I have normalish skin leaning toward oily in the Tzone. I am 30 and I am so prone to breakouts (blackheads, whiteheads, cystic, and the annoying under the skin bumps) if I try to switch it up and use something anti aging since I am at the age that I have aging issues AND breakouts. It's a pain. With that being said, yes this is a drying cleanser BUT I use this and oxy pads and an oil free olay moisturizer right after I use this and my skin stays pretty normal this way.
I have used this cleanser since I was 14 and it takes off my EL double wear fndt and it cleans out my pores perfectly. I dont think any face wash alone can take care of acne but my routine works. I believe that simple is best. The pump is the only gripe I have with this but I have fixed that by finding a flip top cap off of a lotion bottle that fits this bottle and voila! It doesnt spill and I dont waste it by having to lock the pump when I travel. It's cheap and easy to find everywhere so I can spend more money on fun things!