Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 2/27/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Didnt work for me. It made my face dry and stiff. It was really uncomfortable on my face. Im really not impressed with the neutrogena line, except for the acne stress control one. It's kinda working for me, but its only been 3 days, so i cant really tell as yet. I shall see & hopefully it works. Btw, personally i wouldnt reccommend this product.

on 2/27/2009 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This did nothing for my acne. The only thing that this face wash did was dry out my skin and make me irritated. I expected more from Neutrogena.

on 2/27/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product when I was younger and had terrible acne and VERY oily skin and it didn't seem to do much. Well the problem isn't the cleanser, it's the acne--I've tried a gazillion cleansers and no cleanser alone will get rid of my acne. I need pills, topical creams, toner AND a good cleanser! (A cleanser is only on your face a little while, so to get rid of severe and persistant acne, you'll probably need topical creams too, which I didn't realize how bad the acne was until later on). But this cleanser is GREAT as a PART of an acne/oily skin skincare regimen (NOT for people who have an occasional zit or sensitive skin). It definitely cleanses, isn't too harsh or too creamy for my skin type (VERY oily, severe acne, NON-sensitive skin), and is a good value. After trying many other cleansers, I'm switching back to Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash. Do not buy if you have occasional pimples or sensitive skin!

on 2/24/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this face wash. I have normal, somewhat sensitive, skin that gets breakouts every now and then- a couple times a month, maybe. But I still use this wash almost everyday. It helps reduce my acne problems. I do feel tightness in my face after using this product, but I moisturize (Neutrogena's oil-free moisture for sensitive skin) and then it feels fine. My skin hasn't experienced drying from this product. I would definitely rebuy.

on 2/22/2009 2:21:00 PM

I wanted to try something new so i came upon this product and my goodness i don't think it helped my acne skin that much... i think it's making it worst. It feels clean and all but it's so drying and I'm breaking out more. I wanted to continue using this product and make sure that it doesn't work but i think it's only making my face worst. the only thing this product help me do was dry out my skin, help me break out more, and help make my skin itchy and red.

on 2/20/2009 10:58:00 PM

I've tried many acne fighting cleansers, and I ALWAYS come back to this. It works so well for me and I'm surprised by the negative reviews on here. I don't have terrible acne but every once in a while I get a pimple on my chin. For a while I had a small cluster of really stubborn pimples on the side of my face and this stuff made that go away completely. Plus it makes my skin look beautiful and clean.

on 2/18/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: Left my skin clean
cons: did not eliminate acne, skin tends to dry up afterwards, and has a horrible scent.

on 2/17/2009 4:35:00 AM

I've been using this product thinking it would help my acne but it made it WORSE!

The cleanser stripped my skin of oil....then my skin produced more oil and I'd keep breaking out horribly!

I have since stopped using and my skin has cleared

Not recommended, it is ance wash in the respect that it GIVES you acne! This foaming cleanser is way too harsh

on 2/14/2009 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i should say upfront i have never used this on my face. i broke out horribly, under my chin, yrs ago, during a really stressful time. this soap with no other treatment, cleared it right up. cut to a few mos ago and i noticed breakouts on my upper back, places where, even with a towel, my skin had likely come in contact with various equipment at the gym. i had a few on my upper arms, just past where my towel extended to. i was really frantic to find something to clear it up and remembered this soap. it literally seemed to work in days. i have a medical condition that causes dry skin, and my skin is also very sensitive. a scented lotion i have used, and loved, for yrs, suddenly gives me hives. but i have zero problems with it. i made sure to use it after i was done shampooing and conditioning as some hair care products may also cause breakouts, so i washed all that off my back, arms, with this. it does what it says and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HATE it...the smell is offensive, it breaks me out, and i don't like the minimal amount of foam it generates. i just feel like it should either foam enough to please those who like a foaming cleanser or not foam at all. honestly, i just hate this stuff and wouldn't even use it to clean my feet.