Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 3/10/2009 5:58:00 PM

I like this face wash i'm guessing that it works. i've never had a problem with acne my skin is very clear but of course like every1 else 3 or 4 my pop up on my face but nobodys perfect & theres no acne wash that can prevent all of them from appearing cause if there is let me know so i can go out & buy it..

on 3/10/2009 3:56:00 PM

I've been using this for years. I guess it of works. I never had major breakouts, but I still get the occasional one. But that's just how it is. No one can expect to be 100% breakout free. Can you? If there is a miracle face wash that can do that - I haven't found it yet.

This cleanser works well for me. It leaves my face feeling fresh, and depending on the time of year, I usually don't get dried out if I don't apply lotion right away.

It's a little pricey. I'm taking a chance and will try the Walgreen's generic version of this when my old bottle runs out.

on 3/3/2009 1:30:00 PM

HATE it on my face, LOVE it on my chest and back!!!!!!
cleared up all my "backne" and chest break outs, and keeps 'em clear!

on 3/3/2009 1:24:00 PM

I know many MUA users hate this product for how abrasive and drying it is, but it has been a staple for my VERY oily, acne-prone skin since I was in high school and started breaking out then. I only use it at night nowadays, to remove my makeup because it gets my face squeaky clean and I wear a decent amount of face products and I use Cetaphil or Purpose in the mornings, since there isn't much to wash off at that point other than my moisturizer/Retin-A.

I've tried other products, but they seem to make me break out more and I always come back to this product.

I like the scent because I associate it with a clean face (MY clean face heehee) so it doesn't bother me at all. I do wish that it came in some sort of flip-top version so that I could take it with me when travelling.

on 2/27/2009 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Didnt work for me. It made my face dry and stiff. It was really uncomfortable on my face. Im really not impressed with the neutrogena line, except for the acne stress control one. It's kinda working for me, but its only been 3 days, so i cant really tell as yet. I shall see & hopefully it works. Btw, personally i wouldnt reccommend this product.

on 2/27/2009 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This did nothing for my acne. The only thing that this face wash did was dry out my skin and make me irritated. I expected more from Neutrogena.

on 2/27/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product when I was younger and had terrible acne and VERY oily skin and it didn't seem to do much. Well the problem isn't the cleanser, it's the acne--I've tried a gazillion cleansers and no cleanser alone will get rid of my acne. I need pills, topical creams, toner AND a good cleanser! (A cleanser is only on your face a little while, so to get rid of severe and persistant acne, you'll probably need topical creams too, which I didn't realize how bad the acne was until later on). But this cleanser is GREAT as a PART of an acne/oily skin skincare regimen (NOT for people who have an occasional zit or sensitive skin). It definitely cleanses, isn't too harsh or too creamy for my skin type (VERY oily, severe acne, NON-sensitive skin), and is a good value. After trying many other cleansers, I'm switching back to Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash. Do not buy if you have occasional pimples or sensitive skin!

on 2/24/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this face wash. I have normal, somewhat sensitive, skin that gets breakouts every now and then- a couple times a month, maybe. But I still use this wash almost everyday. It helps reduce my acne problems. I do feel tightness in my face after using this product, but I moisturize (Neutrogena's oil-free moisture for sensitive skin) and then it feels fine. My skin hasn't experienced drying from this product. I would definitely rebuy.

on 2/22/2009 2:21:00 PM

I wanted to try something new so i came upon this product and my goodness i don't think it helped my acne skin that much... i think it's making it worst. It feels clean and all but it's so drying and I'm breaking out more. I wanted to continue using this product and make sure that it doesn't work but i think it's only making my face worst. the only thing this product help me do was dry out my skin, help me break out more, and help make my skin itchy and red.

on 2/20/2009 10:58:00 PM

I've tried many acne fighting cleansers, and I ALWAYS come back to this. It works so well for me and I'm surprised by the negative reviews on here. I don't have terrible acne but every once in a while I get a pimple on my chin. For a while I had a small cluster of really stubborn pimples on the side of my face and this stuff made that go away completely. Plus it makes my skin look beautiful and clean.