eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 4/22/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. It's different than most lip balms because once applied, there is no significant texture to the product (which isn't necesarily bad) to get the feeling it's doing "something" for the money....seems like a whole lotta nothin' disguised in a cute little contraption....ALTHOUGH my lips have felt really smooth and comfortable since I've been using this everyday. The flavor of the "summer fruit" claims to be a mix of berries and peaches.... yeah well all I'm getting is peach. Really not sure if I'd purchase this in another flavor if the mood strikes, however I think this is a good lip product for guys since it doesn't look glossy on the lips.

on 4/22/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this because of the cute packaging and great ingredients, but it let me down completely. It honestly wasn't very moisturizing for me at all. I like lip balms that have more of a creamy texture and this one was too waxy for my taste. I've tried dozens and dozens of lip balms, so I know there are a lot of other lip balms better than this. I stopped using it, then on a whim decided to start again after about a month and got an allergic reaction from it the first time I applied it. Weird. Sticking with my Palmer's cocoa butter stick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT! On my second one :D

on 4/22/2012 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After reading some of the comments here, I'm starting to wonder if maybe the lack of preservatives in this might be screwing people over when they buy products that aren't working their best. I personally love my balm sphere. I have a problem with lots of balms, especially the ones with SPF because I get a really raw uncomfortable, bad tasting feeling at the back of my throat if I apply to much product on (and no, I don't eat it). It doesn't matter how moisturising the balm is, because if I can't wear it because it hurts my throat, I'm not gonna put it on.
Another thing I hate is when my lip balm melts off my lips and smears all over my mouth like I'm a 2 year old applying my mom's lipstick. I have this problem a lot.

I think this is why I love the eos balm so much. It's true that at first it doesn't feel as emollient as some other products, and might even feel waxy - at room temperature, most of the oils in this are ACTUALLY wax. Don't worry though, because if you apply enough of this and take your time, the waxes will melt into very thin and moisturising oils that actually stay where you put them and not migrate all over your face. It also lasts forever. I apply this about twice a day when it's not too cold/windy out, and my lips are comfortable. I can eat and drink with this and now feel my lipbalm is sticking to everything but my lips after. I place the sphere against my lips and let it melt a bit and go over everything a few times. Maybe that'll help other people.

I'd buy this again even though it's more expensive than other brands. Give it a go, if this works for you it's really very nice. Make sure you give the ingredients list a look before you buy this though, to make sure you don't react to any essential oils this might have. Oh, and the flavour is fresh and lovely, and doesn't make my throat uncomfortable. :)

on 4/21/2012 7:20:00 PM

I bought this online a few months ago because of the funny packaging, and when I got it it smelled amazing!
As a lip balm it is sufficient, it's not amazingly moisturising but it's not drying for me, if you are someone with particularly dry lips I wouldn't recommend getting this product but if you just want something quirky that smells nice it's perfect!:p
But one thing is that the sort of plasticy stuff that gives the packaging the matte finish is peeling off mine which makes it look sort of gross

on 4/19/2012 5:08:00 PM

I honestly bought this for the adorable packaging, but after all the hype, I expected some moisterizing, yummy lip balm also...
It was amazing when I put this on my chapped, peeling lips because it made my lips soft and smelling exactly like summer fruit. But overnight, MY LIPS WERE WORSE THAN BEFORE! My lips were not peeling, but super dry, and I felt like this lip balm sucked the life out of them. Cute concept, but product was not for me or my lips... :(

Favorite lip balm! It takes serious self control to not lick it off my lips because it smells and tastes amazing!! It makes my lips so soft! I have five of them!

on 4/17/2012 12:40:00 AM

I bought this because of the cute packing and all of the hype. I forced myself to use it for those reasons ( hehe ) . The more I used it, the more my lips felt dry. The packing is cute, but annoying. I tried to apply it in class, but it rolled out of my hands onto the floor...and kept rolling...and rolling.. Needless to say it was embarrassing. The smell and taste reminds me of Peach Rings (Yummm). The packaging and taste/smell is the only reason it got two lippies. I no longer use it, and my lips feel much better. Say the 5 bucks and go buy yourself some Starbucks. It's so much more worth it ;)

on 4/17/2012 12:20:00 AM

Packaging is super adorable !
But i feel that this product is no different than my other lip balms like nivea , etc. and it is slightly more pricier too.
The smell is okay, not my favourite really. Won't repurchase .

on 4/16/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product got my attention due to it's packaging and what made me try it is that it is CERTIFIED organic! 95% to boot and 100% natural. I was pleased that it has a lightweight feel to it, the nice scent and flavor was a bonus but was hoping it would be more moisturizing than it is. I am curios to know though how much product there is at the base and would that mean having to use something to get the product out or is it what you see is what you get kind of deal. I would re purchase to try a different flavor though I know the packaging will prevent me from bringing this with me as often as I wish as it will not fit in small purses.

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Baby Lips Lip Balm
Prep + Prime Lip
Prep + Prime Lip
Beeswax Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk