E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.4

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 1/11/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK so obviously this is from ELF so its super cheap and you can't expect amazing quality for it. I think its $5 and under quality, I wouldn't pay more than that for a similar product. I'm warm-neutral toned, NC20, light-med. brown hair. Since seeing the rave reviews on MUA, I decided to try it since it couldn't hurt being so inexpensive.

I got it in Medium It's a good match in terms of color. The powder is a light-medium brown color. It definitely pulls a brassy orange color underneath the brown as do most cheapy brown mu products so be aware of that. That orange undertone and the consistency of both sides of the kit is why I'm only giving it 3 stars.

The wax side is strange. It's a very dark- a dark brown much darker than the powder- and can actually color your brows with just the wax alone. The wax is very dry, it's almost too dry to even call a wax.It tints the brows without filling in any empty spaces. I wish it was clear because the powder side is a perfect match in level so I can only apply the wax lightly to avoid giving my brows a strange dark tint.

Now, the powder is very cheap and hard to blend. It is very chalky and remains powdery looking despite using the wax that came with it both before and after using the powder. It doesn't blend in very well, just sorts of sits there, looking like you smudged your brows with brow color. I tried using my regular angled brow brush to blend it but it really doesn't blend very well at all. It also smudges super easily. All I have to do is run my finger through my brow and it rubs off. So in that case, its easy to remove excess, but has no staying power whatsoever.
The little angled brush that comes with the kit is actually somewhat helpful for blending it out though. Also like I mentioned earlier, it pulls a orange undertone. (This is just the medium/brown though, that may not be the case for the lighter brow kits).

Despite this, this is probably the best $3 brow powder you're going to be able to find because it's decent. If you have $3.50 more though, I'd recommend the Ulta brow pencil instead because it blends easily and does not pull a brassy undertone to it.

I'll put this in my car to use if I need to on the run but its not quite my favorite for everyday use.

on 12/30/2010 6:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My favourite brow kit, the wax puts some order to my brow hair (I have long hairs) and fills in the spaces really naturally too. The powder sets it and lightens it a bit too to soften the look. Love it !!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Seriously, this product is HG material for me, and for 4!!
I don't have serious brow issues, mine are pretty full and decently defined, so I only need some filling and grooming, because I like to have them perfect.
I've been trying several eyebrow pencils (Lancome, Rimmel, Essence) with varying results, and I think they really help to get an ultra-full and defined brow, but they are usually too reddish or too dark to suit my cool-toned medium blonde hairs. So I heard of this product and saw the great reviews here, and decided to give it a try.
I bought this in Ash, which came out to be the perfect shade for my eyebrows! The gel is not too dark nor too light, has the perfect consistency and I love to apply it with ELF Studio Angled Brush. You really can't tell the difference between my hairs and the gel when applied. The powder helps setting everything and creating a natural overall shade. I also like to apply a fixing gel to keep them in place.
What is really interesting is that I also used this product to draw eyebrows on my grandma, who used to overpluck them and now is left with NO brows at all. Any pencil would have looked fake, while this gel allowed me to draw a natural curved brow with an outstanding result.
The packaging is great. I love the black case and the fact they included a small mirror. If you can, try using the Angled Brush to apply the gel, but the small applicator they provide works pretty well anyway.
My only "complaint" is that it doesn't have an outstanding staying powder, like some pencils do, but you can still manage to get through an 8-hour workday with fabulously natural eyebrows.
Buy it!

on 12/29/2010 11:14:00 PM

Once again, ELF didn't disappoint with this product. Love it and it has become my HG. I use the ash color (I'm a fake blonde). It makes my eyebrows look amazing!! Can't be without this product.

on 12/25/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this stuff! I have almost invisible eyebrows and this kit in medium works great for me!

on 12/21/2010 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this eyebrow kit!! It's fabulous. It works like a dream. I mostly only use the brown wax to define my brows but I sometimes will use the powder too. The packaging is super sleek and it comes with a cute little double sided applicator. I use it sometimes, but I mostly use with an angled eyeliner brush. I love how cheap this is. I'd repurchase over and over again. If I had to complain about it, the only thing I'd say is to offer it in more color ranges (the powder). The powder is a bit light for me. I have dark black hair.

on 12/15/2010 11:34:00 PM

nice cheap brow filler.
i have dark and very VERY sparse eyebrows. srsly, the tail end of my brows are practically non-existent
i was scared to use the powder cuz it looked too light but its really not. i use light swift strokes of the powder first to fill and shape the look as i do not like hard geometric brows (not that i dont love well defined eyebrows, they just dont look good on me.) after im satisfied, i use the darker gel portion sparingly to tame and neaten the entire look.
this is a good product for those who have no idea how to deal with eyebrows, but i have to say, after some research, ive realized that nice brows can be easily achieved by simply using a good matching eyeshadow + some gel-like brow tamer. i will not repurchase this item after this aforementioned revelation

on 12/11/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used BeneFit's BrowZings for about a decade, using up every bit of two compacts and making good headway on a couple of others, before I discovered this. I can't believe that there's a product that is completely equal to BrowZings but is one-tenth the price.

Brow makeup is a necessity for me, because I was cursed with pale, sparse eyebrows. Using makeup to make them look more natural is one of the best things I can do for my face. (I suppose the other would be concealer.) For years before BrowZings came into my life, I struggled with pencils (which made lines that were too sharp and unnatural) and powders (which often came off on my foundation). BeneFit's idea of using wax as the basis for its product was genius. Until a few years ago, BrowZings consisted of a single pan of wax. Now it's one pan of wax and one of powder. I could never figure out how you were supposed to use the powder, because both it and the wax were fully opaque and didn't need any help. In addition, the powder in the Dark compact was much too dark for me.

I decided to try E.L.F.'s Eyebrow Kit because, for $3, what could I lose? It turned out to be not only as good as the BeneFit, but better. E.L.F. uses a gel-based product instead of wax--it makes no difference to me, they are both fine. (The gel is solid.) But with the E.L.F., I finally understand how you are supposed to use the powder along with the other pan: you put it on top, and the combination ensures that the gel does not fade or rub off. I got this in Medium, and when I first opened the box I was worried that the powder looked too light, but it's considerably darker on my eyebrows and makes a perfect combination with the gel underneath.

Inside the compact is a tiny two-ended brush, one side angled and stiff (for the gel, I suppose) and the other somewhat fluffy and soft (for the powder). I don't use them, much as I never used the implements that come with the BeneFit product. Instead I use Sephora's #10 brush, which is angled and stiff and just the right size (and reasonably priced).

EDIT 2/15/11: I'm still enthusiastic about this product, but I should correct something I said about the price. Yes, this is $3 and Benefit's BrowZings is $30, but you don't get the same amount of product. Benefit's compact holds .15 oz. (I'm assuming that is the total amount in both pans) and E.L.F.'s holds .07, so you're getting a bit less than half with E.L.F. Still, one Benefit costs five times as much as two E.L.F.s, so it's still a huge bargain.

on 12/4/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The best eyebrow powder ever! and so cheap! Brilliant. I use this everyday and the result is so natural and makes my eyebrows look fuller. Perfect match for my hair colour too - Medium shade!!! The little brush you get with it is really good too. Will continue to use this forever. Really happy with this product.... and lots of the other E.L.F. Studio range.

on 11/28/2010 8:07:00 PM

Hello HG brow product. My eyebrows have always given me issues. I used pencils and shadows before but they never ever looked good. I went to ELF to get their mineral face primer and wanted to try out a few things so I got this in medium. As soon as I used it, I was in love. I also bought the Studio Angled Brush which works PERFECTLY with this. My brows have never looked better. It makes my brows look so good yet so natural at the same time.

Popular Brows Products