April 19, 2014 | 1818 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by lemonfresh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, I thought the worst things about Even Better were that it applied sort of heavy and the color (even Alabaster) was a bit too peachy, but eventually it started looking pretty nice. But after less than two weeks, I had huge zits, the kind that made want to hole up inside my house and not leave until they went away. It doesn't contain my mortal enemy cyclopentasiloxane, but something in there is not my friend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I noticed that this foundation can look really cakey If you apply more than a pea-size. I'm used to applying more than that with other foundations so I had to adjust. It also accentuated my flakes if I didn't exfoliate very well as well as settled into fine lines under my eyes and corners of my mouth. But with a lighter application it looks quite nice. Evens out skin tone and has a little powdery but not too matte finish.
Shade Alabaster suits my light skin ok, it's pretty neutral to slightly pink, not yellowish, although I'd prefer more yellow in it for myself. But there is none, as you know with Clinique color range.
I'm not sure if I'd buy it again, probably not. Mainly because I think I can find a better color mach elsewhere.
EDIT: I finaly found the best way to apply this foundation. Fingers. Brush or sponge didn't work at all, probably because it's quite thick. Spred on your fingertips, dab allover your (well moisturized and exfoliated) face, blend and then press into all the creases, pores and skin in general. Looks awesome! Applied like this, it doesn't settle into my pores and fine lines, doesn't emphasize them, just blends nicely into your skin. The finish is also less powdery and not cakey at all. AND... now it matches my skintone perfectly! Not too pink at all any more, just neutral. I apply a little translucent powder on top (Palladio Rice Powder is my fav at the moment, just use sparingly) and it stays on very long time. Really like it now!
EDIT: This is officially my foundation now. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Creamy, easy to apply and blend with fingers, stays on whole day long on my face, gives me glow without being greasy and shade Alabaster is perfect match. Love it.
EDIT: This foundation has octinoxate as one of the sunscreen ingr. That's why I'm not using it on a regular basis because my sunscreen contains avobenzone. These two sunscreen ingredients shouldn't be applied at the same time, the combination is not stable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Ricebaby

I am a nc37 with combo/oily skin and occasional break outs (mostly during that time of the month and some clogged pores too). I really like this foundation when I first got it. No breakouts, and the coverage was great. I used a mac 187 to apply it. But then the colour started to oxidize! It turned dark and orangey. Luckily I was still able to return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by catxk

am i the only person to have broken out from clinique's products? i heard that they changed the formulation for superfit, but did they change the formulation for a lot of their foundations? i used to use clinique a few years back and had no problems with it. but this time it broke me out into tiny little bumps and breakouts everyone on my face! it is horrible. i have no had skin like this for years! i had really good skin actually prior to using this foundation and superfit. i have sensitive combination skin. i'm going back to my LORAC natural performance, during which i had flawless skin!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the color range is awful. too pinky or orange. this makeup although applied lightly still felt heavy on and made me greasy after a couple of hrs. it also emphasized my little bumps and the crease around my nose. looks pastey. even better..... more like even worse!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation for those that want a more even tone. It is medium to fuller coverage so a little goes a long way. I use about the size of a nickel to cover my whole face. I prefer a more matte look to my foundations (I'm oily on the t-zone), but this one is fine with powder to set it. The sunscreen is titanium dioxide based, so if you're prone to breakouts, this might be a deal breaker. Otherwise, this foundation gives a wonderful look and finish. Lasting power is average (6 hours).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jekm2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Its probably a little to soon to write this but after swearing off Clinique for the last time, I went back on my word and got a sample from the cosmetics counter. Clinique foundation has always been my nemesis. I have tried it time and again and either turned orange, looked shiny or I could feel it melting off my face and it has always caused my otherwise acne free skin to break out almost immediately. So far it has made it longer than any other Clinique product I've tried (about 6 hours, ha!). When I first put it on it seemed weird..... a little too thin and like it wasn't absorbing into my skin, not what I was expecting at all. I am about to turn 40 and I am constantly looking for a lighter wearing foundation and/or tinted moisturizer for the summer. I live in a very humid area and it hasn't budged, if anything it looks better than when I started out this mornnig. I usually wear EL Double Wear in the winter and love the look, EL always has the right color for me and overall doesn't break me out but have never been able to wear it during the summer, its just too much. So I guess to summarize so far so good, I keep looking in the mirror to see if I am orange or greasy and it just looks great!

UPDATE: I love this stuff! It has transformed my skin. When I go without makeup my skin actually glows and my pores are invisible. The only tricky thing as with all Clinique foundations is finding the right match, currently at the end of the summer I am wearing Neutral but its on the verge of being too dark. It is not full coverage but with this great of skin who cares!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I found my HG but unfortunately that was not to be the case. My skin looked flawless and the Clinique foundation brush made application so easy. I was actually getting compliments on my skin and I felt great UNTIL my entire face starting breaking out and I was crushed. I just can't seem to find a product that will not irritate my acne. Oh well, my search continues...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by liberty5000

i was really excited to try the new foundation however this errupted my face worse than any other product i have ever tried. i did like the feel of the foundation and the coverage.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Rachelbabydoll82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im finally happy with a clinique foundation!!!!
This is the only clinique foundation that stays on my skin for hours (I have combonation skin.) I was worried that the 'Alabaster' shade wouldnt suit me, but strangely enough, it seems to match my skin tone after an hour or so. And it really covers my many blemishes!!!!

Um... its been afew weeks and its just not working for me anymore. I dont know why but the colour seems to have got paler and the coverage all blotchy-like. Another foundation thrown in the bin :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No