BeneFit Cosmetics Coralista

4.2

Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Polyethylene, Ethyl Hexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Lecithin, Fragrance, Red 7 Lake, Aluminium Hydroxide, Carmine, Red 30 Lake, Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Retinyl Palmitate, Limonene, Ultramarines.

on 12/26/2009 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought Coralista last year at the recommendation of a Sephora makeup artist when I was torn between Nars Orgasm and Benefit Coralista.
I now own both of these products (I got Orgasm yesterday for Christmas!) and while they are both very similar, they are still different enough for me to be happy I have them both.
I am fair skinned and prefer a very natural look when I wear makeup. Aside from these two, I own only one other blush but haven't worn it in ages. I initially chose Coralista because while I loved the color that Orgasm and Coralista both have, Coralista has less glitter and more of a slight frosty shimmer, resulting in a very natural look on my face. It's pretty much the same color that my cheeks turn when I blush on my own, so it gives me great color for my everyday look.
I know some people may be turned off by the price, but when I was in Sephora that day (and b/c I'm a nerd) I calculated out that for a full ounce, Coralista would cost approximately $66 compared to Orgasm's $156. If Coralista came in the same amount as Orgasm did (.16 oz instead of .42), it would only cost approximately $11! So it's really not that bad.
I think this product will last me for a long time, but I do plan to repurchase as I am not one to stray from the natural colored blushes, and this color suits me perfectly.

on 12/23/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC20-25. I love this blush! It is a perfect coral color and great for everyday use. Plus, it smells amazing. Using a stippling brush is great with this powder, you can control how much blush you want on. But I love how this color gives a nice sheen and is not glittery like Orgasm--more suitable for daytime.

on 12/23/2009 4:04:00 PM

I actually love this! I was afraid to put it on but when i did it just melted into my cheeks and I was left with just a hint of coral pink flush (this is with one light dusting). I am sure you could layer it on and it would still look natural. I am really happy with this purchase!

Edit: I really should have waited until i tried my nars blushes because this sucks compared to those and this one is more expensive

on 12/20/2009 12:34:00 PM

In comparison to other brands I don't think it's expensive at all, if you look at quantity. It's $28 for 12 grams. MAC is $19.50 for 6 grams, so Benefit is waaay cheaper than MAC blushes!

Coralista is a beautiful corally pink which just livens up the complexion without screaming "I'm wearing blush!". It's beautiful and I love the smell. The packaging is meh, but I don't hate it either.

on 12/20/2009 11:42:00 AM

This is my new favorite blush. Even though the price is a little steep for blush, it is worth it and will probably last a really long time.

I have dark eyes and hair, and even though I tan easily, I get kind of pasty in the winter. Now that I'm pale, it gives a gorgeous glow to my skin. It's not too shimmery, but has enough to give it dimension (I don't like matte blushes!). I imagine this will also look great with tan skin, so it will probably be an all year round staple.

The packaging itself is okay, it comes with a brush that I don't use unless I'm traveling. Sometimes I can be kind of clumsy with opening the box, and I'd like if the compact had a mirror, but you can't have everything!

Overall 5/5 and I would definitely repurchase again if I ever ran out.

on 12/19/2009 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

I LOVE this blusher! Dont really like peachy/coral blushers, i mostly suit pink, but coralista is wicked as its coral and pink which makes a good combination! On my indian medium brown skin, it shows up sheer but enough to define my cheeks. It has a nice shimmer which isnt OTT so doesnt make me look like a disco ball! Will defo buy this again!

Benefit Coralista is very smooth and finely milled. I love the texture of this product. The color is a shimmery coral pink with a golden undertone. It's super flattering and really looks great on skin-especially tan skin. The packaging is retro and adorable, but it's not very sturdy. Just make sure you don't keep it in a makeupbag so it doesn't get thrown around. The price is really expensive, but it's totally worth it, because the product amount is huge. You get almost half an ounce of product for $28!!!

on 12/19/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this blush. It's the perfect blend of coral, pink, and gold and it looks really nice on my medium olive/slightly yellow skin. The price is a little expensive, I mean it's more expensive than Nars - really Benefit? But the color is so lovely that I think its worth it. This is actually the blush that reintroduced me to blush. Prior, I only had Nars Outlaw, which is a nice shade, but I never particularly reached for it except sometimes when I was going out. Coralista looks beautifully natural and glowing on my skin. Although now I primarily have started to use cream blushes, I still regularly reach for Coralista.

I know people don't like the kitschy packaging, but I think it's kind of cute.

Also - I'm going to have to echo a previous reviewers claims about Benefit's quality control. My Coralista is nicely pigmented and lasts well on my skin. After seeing how it looked on me, my roommate decided that she wanted one for herself. When she went out of town for a meeting she went to a different Sephora and bought one. When I swatched hers - I could barely get any to show up on my finger. Really all that showed up was some gold glitter!

For an expensive product like this one - really that's unacceptable. I'd definitely buy again, but from somewhere I can return in case I get a dud.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What a waste of money. I had heard great things about this and had high hopes that were all crushed the instant I tried this product on. I could not get this product to stick to a brush- any brush! Much less my cheeks. When I was able to get some on a brush, it fell right off my cheeks as soon as I applied it. It had absolutely no staying power, or pigmentation for that matter. This blush did nothing but make a mess. It doesn't even add a sheer glow. The only use Ive found for this blush is to apply it as a shadow with a wet brush, and even then its mediocre. Booo BeneFit, Boo.

on 12/17/2009 10:03:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wow, this blush is so great for my medium Asin skin tone. Not too pigmented. It is very natural when applied on my face. Suitable for nude and natural style of makeup. I would definitely re-repurchase again. Just a little bit pricey for a blush.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products