September 23, 2014 | 2075 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2004 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gil4316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

just have to say, try this cream a few different ways before giving up on it, as it does help bad skin.
i recently developed sore lumpy acne at the not so tender age of 27.
after i had spent an absolute fortune on every lotion and potion from the chemists, to no result, my man ordered retinova (tretinion) off the web.
i looked up all the websites, and all the reviews on here to see how to use it, and was met with about 7 different methods. waiting 30 mins after washing my face was a no go, as it kept me from sleeping it was so sore, and obviously my face broke out worse and peeled,it aws so dry. the best method for me, with my normal to dry skin, but with large pores on my nose and chin, aws to wash my face, then pat dry and mix a pea sized amount of the cream with a good moisturiser, and apply all over my face. if needed, later on i would apply more moisturiser to dry patches as i noticed them. i have been using it now for 5 weeks, and have had no new huge breakouts, only little spots that are on the surface, and go away quick. i also use an asprin and natural yoghurt mask once a week, and that really helps brighten my skin. so dont only follow the rules, tweak them to siut your skin, as you know it best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2004 10:42:00 PM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on since I was probably 14. There have been times in my life where it helped with acne, but not much better than benzoyl peroxide since my acne was only helped with pills. Now that I'm not bothered with acne too much, I get a prescription sometimes o help w/discoloration, lines and all that. I always think this isn't doing anything for the little lines under my eyes, but when I stop using it for a while, they look so much worse that I realize it IS doing SOMETHING which is a lot more than most of the products in the entire world actually do for lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by kitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this stuff is my hg- i owe my glow to it. it is verrry drying in the winter though. i use it every night religiously. the pros definately outweigh the cons. you must make it throught the depressing "purging" time when you break out more, but it is truly worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2004 8:50:00 PM More reviews by rain20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Retin-A is a miracle for me, but I had to figure out how to use it. It is very important to use some sort of product about 3 days afterwards to avoid that lizardy peeling effect (which can clog your pores). I use some sort of mild acid product, such as clinique total turnaround or advanced stop signs. Afterwards I just look magically better. I only do it 4 times a year or so and it is just amazing.

Oh, and I have the most sensitive skin-- about 95% of products (including shampoos!) bother me so it is a miracle to be able to use this. I think the key is that it is just one ingredient. One more thing, do not use it when you are pregnant-- vitamin A is a big no-no then.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by C8LIN

Call me crazy, but this is not for me. This stuff doesn't do anything for my acne. All it does is dry out the skin where applied and cause me to look like something off the SciFi channel with scaly skin. I find that using tea tree oil [right out of the bottle] works much better at clearing up żĩŧş w/o annoying dryness.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 3:32:00 PM More reviews by SprTwig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Retina A Micro for 2 years now, and I am in love with it!! I'm 17, and my skin type is very oily but sometimes dry...and very sensitive. I have one of the weirdest skintypes!! I hate it! But Retina A Micro has helped my skin in so many ways! My blackheads are barely visible, and my skin never has a red cast from my acne, and this stuff isn't potent, yet for most people it does cause peeling, happens to my sister constantly, but it is clearing up her skin!! Just remember to use a moisturizer if it does peel your skin, a gentle one such as Cetaphil. I use Cetaphil cleanser with this RX too, and I think that lessens the irritation. This is definitely stuff that I'm always gonna have, I constantly reach for this whenever my skin is acting up, it always helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Retin A Micro is saving my skin!! I've only been using it for a few weeks but it has made such a difference already. I went to the dermatologist because I've had horrible chin/mouth area breakouts for years and nothing helped. Since I've been using Retin A Micro, I'm not getting anymore new pimples and my clogged pores are going away. I have sensitive skin and this really isn't irritating it at all. My derm told me that I should use a very tiny amount and that it should feel like I'm not putting enough on. I use it every night before going to bed. I'm so glad I finally decided to go to the dermatologist and realized that drugstore acne products are just a complete waste of money for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2004 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Miracle product. I buy it cheap--$14.00 for 30 grams, which would cost about $100 if I went through a dermatologist. Well, I don't need a dermatologist to tell me that Retin A will make my skin look better. I've been using it now for about a month and my skin has never looked better. I use the .05% version, but I only use a little dab, about half the recommended amount, and mix it with a good moisturizer. And--I only use it every other night until my skin builds up a tolerance. The moral to the story: I was walking by some well-lighted mirrors today and marvelled at how great my skin looked--no age spots or wrinkles at all, and no noticable pores. Not bad for a 44 year old. :-) P.S. For those who have trouble with Retin A, ease into using it. I'm convinced that half the people who have a problem with it are slathering it on every night, which is not a good idea when you first begin. Take it slow and you will almost certainly see results. UPDATE: I get a lot of emails asking where I buy this product...try medsmex dot com! I have been ordering from them for 4 years now and they are the real deal. I am not affiliated with them in any way.

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 7:34:00 PM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Retin-A Micro has saved my skin. I have used it for a little over a year, and the difference is amazing. I did not have terrible acne. In fact, on a scale of one to ten, my derm rated me a one but prescribed treatment for a two. I had baby acne over my forehead and the sides of my face. I also had blackheads on my nose and chin. The first month I peeled considerably, but this is because Retin-A was extracting acne lesions in my skin. I still notice this every now and then, but good skin maintainance [no picking, overwashing, or scrubbing] and a good moisturizer can keep it under control. After two weeks my acne began to clear up. Some people report increased breakouts, and this makes sense, again, due to extraction. After two months my skin looked fabulous. Clean and smooth and so even. My blackheads are less noticeable, but Retin-A does not get rid of them. It makes the pores less sticky so less will get clogged insied them, though. I don't rely on Retin-A as much as I used to, but if I go for some time without it, I can definitely see a difference in my complexion. I use it every other night to maintain its good effects while sparing my skin some irritation. All in all, I love this product. I don't know what my skin would be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2004 2:55:00 AM More reviews by mountainshadow

This is my HG skincare product... if you can call that. I'm using the lowest concentration (0.01%) in the gel form. Now, my face is pretty much flawless except for the occassional small non-inflammatory zits (that I picked at... naughty me). I use it at night and use Dalacin T in the day. My friends think I put on powder when I don't cos' my skin is so fine. I cannot live without it though my facialist warned me against using it so often cos' I have naturally translucent thin skin.