July 30, 2014 | 1490 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by crysna

In my opinion the best Avon's mascara of all time! It really does the job volumizing and defining each one eyelashes, love the big plasticbrush. it's so cheap, I can get 5 of this with the $25 expend my Diorshow mascara, with the same results, so I alternate using Diorshow and This one. Love the package is sooo big and ti contents more than normal mascara on the market. Inexpensive but worth it to give it a try!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a friend of mine who has very long and voluminous lashes said that this was the product that she used and gave me one of her back up tubes in black. i tried it and was very underwhelmed. the formula is very dry and chunky and i felt like it didn't do anything but chunk my lashes together. i'm not shy when it comes to lashes and i usually do like the spidery, over done look but this just looked very clumpy and dry. not a very dark black either. i found this to be more of a dark grey color. overall, not a fan and wouldn't really recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon SuperShock mascara promises 12x more volume. A pretty simple claim. SuperShock is available in two colors and a water proof version. I have "Black". Avon does not test on animals. All Avon mascaras are hypoallergenic and opthalmologist tested. SuperShock mascara retails for $9.99, but I snagged mine on sale for $4.99, for .35oz of mascara.
SuperShock has a very big tube. The tube is made of black plastic with turquoise lettering. I find it pretty appealing. However, I don't like mascaras with this large of a tube. They take up too much of the precious space in my mascara drawe
I adore SuperShock's brush. First off, because underneath all the product on it, it is turquoise. The brush is very similar to Covergirl's Lash Blast Volume's, but longer. Also, the rubber bristles are softer and more flexible. I really appreciate the bristles being soft, they don't scratch my lash line like Lash Blast's brush. The flexibility of the bristles allows for a very clean, even sweep through the lashes. Application really is easy for a mascara with such a large brush.
I don't know if I get 12x volume from SuperShock, but I get a good amount. What I really get a lot of is definition, topped off with some nice length. It's a good mix of benefits from one mascara. It's neither a daily, natural looking mascara, nor a dramatic mascara. It's really great for lashes that are noticeable, but not over the top.
This mascara wears well without flakes and smudges. It feels good on the lashes, like they're almost bare. The formula is pretty light weight. Another bonus from SuperShock; it doesn't give me itchy lashes, no matter how long I wear it.
I've had some pretty awful experiences with Avon mascaras in the past. All of them have either given me horribly itchy eyes, or flaked right off (looking at you, Daring Defintion). SuperShock is way better than I was expecting. It totally changed my mine about Avon's mascaras. I'd like to try some other ones.
I recommend SuperShock to those who want, long, clump free, defined lashes with a good bit of volume (everyone who wears mascara, really). SuperShock is a great wearable mascara that I'll definitely consider repurchasing. If you can pick it up on sale, or in some sort of deal, its a great value, but I'd go as far as to say that it's worth it's regular $10 price tag. SuperShock really is a fantastic mascara, I'm glad I gave Avon a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by GreenEyedBlonde23

Everyone's lashes are different and everyone wants to achieve a different look. For ME personally this is THE BEST mascara i have used. Someone else mentioned that there is always some kind of sale where it makes the mascara between 4-5 dollars which isnt bad at all. If i want thicker eye lashes i apply 2 coats of it. If i want more natural eyelashes i apply 1 thin coat. Overall i love the look of this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I had high hopes for this - the Pixiwoo gals used it and other Super Shock Avon products and of course everything works well and looks good on them! So - when my friend who is an Avon rep got a tube for me I was hoping that it was the answer to my never ending mascara hunt. However, I have to say I just find it to be okay - a little wet, although it doesn't seem to transfer - I just have to give it a little more time to dry before moving on. I am also trying They're Real and the Armani mascaras at the same time and my preference of all of them is the They're Real.

I will probably purchase this again but it isn't the HG mascara I was hoping for!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by lemmingkiss

I love this mascara! With Avon, there is ALWAYS a sale, so this mascara runs from $4 - $5. I love the fact that it has a big brush. The bristles are plastic and thin. I feel that this design really gives your lashes both volume AND length. The bad thing is that since the brush is big, you might stab yourself in the eye if you aren't careful. The formula goes on pretty black. It is a little more thick than thin. The drying time is average. For being buildable, I feel that you can get away with two coats, but if you do more than that, it will definitely look clumpy and spidery (which is good for some people, if you like that.) I've only tried the WP version, and this one holds a curl and stays on pretty much the whole day. A little smudging (I have oily skin + live in a humid area) but no flaking. Unfortunately, I had some days where this felt uncomfortable and a little dry for my eyes. I guess it depends on how you apply it, how much you put, etc. Overall, I say it's worth the price you pay and I definitely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a disappointing mascara, probably the worst I have ever used. I'm not typically a huge fan of the plastic bristle mascara wands, and this case was no different. The wand seems like it has hardly any product on it, and it takes forever to get any build up of color on my lashes. I could accept this from a mascara claiming to give a more "natural" look, but for one claiming to make your lashes big and bold, it's a huge failure for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara bored me. It was almost as if I had not applied a thing! Did not keep a curl & make my lashes look, well like I had done nothing to them! Brush is fat which I normally do not dig at all, but could have if the actual formula had been worthwhile. It appears I prefer waterproof scaras as they tend to keep curl better so maybe I will try the WP formula with better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara it's my all time favorite! I just keep buying it. I think I've bought more than 5 tubes in the past two years. It makes your lashes look longer and also gives volum. I really recommend it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the worst mascaras I've ever used, and I've used many different ones. I generally don't have a problem with mascara, either, except for Maybelline's Great Lash and now this. It's the brush that does absolutely nothing for me, it's too big as another reviewer has noted. I'm currently applying it with a Cover Girl Professional applicator right now because the one it comes with doesn't seem to pick up very much. It doesn't lengthen at all and barely thickens. Applied with CG's applicator, it's fantastic. Definitely won't be re-purchasing, it was about $8 CDN.