July 30, 2014 | 1837 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lasts all day over my makeup, doesn't settle into fine lines as much as most other powders do and looks natural. I prefer a happy medium between dewy and matte and Smashbox Halo definately fits the bill. I've noticed that the finish is nice no matter what type of foundation I have on underneath, expensive but I would definately repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by RhianFudge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this powder to use as a foundation as had been using Clinique Superbalance powder but it brought me out in spots. Personally its no good as a foundation on its own, perhaps best as just a powder over liquid foundation.

Colour selection good, didn't break me out, no talc and no parabens but sadly it didnt control the oil and didnt stay put for long enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

yuck, i fell for this while waiting to get another product. the color is off, it doesn't even me out and there is no halo effect. back to nordstrom you go...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I don't really like this powder - I feel that it looks too thick and artificial. I also don't really like loose powders - they're just too messy to work with, and harder to control the application.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had a bit of a love hate relarionship with this product ! The colour selection isn't upto much and I don't think the shade I have really compliments my skin tone. I have is product in the colour 'light'. I find that sometimes the powder is too thick and hard to work with. I think it's far too pricey and doesn't really live upto much. I have loved every product I have ever had from smash box and this was a bit off a dissapointment !! I have never broke out whilst using this powder and found it left my skin looking flawless in the winter time. I found my self having to touch this product up a lot during the day and as I am currently in college it was annoying having to spend most of y breaks touching up powder! I absolutely love the packaging on this product ! I love the fact that you can shave off as much or as little product and I find it helps keep the product sanity as you aren't sipping dirty brushes into all the time. I would reccomend this product to some one who's maybe on a Higher budget. I can rem ener paying around 45 for this but I just researched a little and found you can now get it for around 30 ! If you are unsure on this product you can a,ways ask one of the lovely ladies at the smash box counters for a sample :)!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mixed emotions on this product! I love that you sheer off some powder each day and its freshly ground/milled for you. I also like the coverage this gives me when when applied over foundation although the color selection is minimal and i really have to mix 2 shades to get the right color. On the otherhand I hate that after a few hours it settles in creases and/or wears off and doesnt look good as the day goes on - wearability is 2-3 hours at best and this is simply not acceptable. This powder is ridiculously expensive for a fair to mediocre product.I think the packaging and novelty of instant powder grinding sold me and the actual product is not what it's promised to be. Will not buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to vere away from my all-time favorite foundation by Jane Iredale and try Smashbox because of all the wonderful things I have heard about it. I loved the fact that it is a mineral foundation too. When I first tried the product (while using the brush the skincare expert had suggested) I was extremely disappointed. It made my skin blotchy, uneven, orange-ish and totally dry looking. I wanted to love this product so much because it was so expensive ($72 CAD). However the following day I decided to use my Jane Iredale Handi Brush (it is a little fluffy brush with a very flat surface) to apply the makeup instead, and instantly fell in love. It applied MUCH more even, blended perfectly with my skin and gave me the 'halo glow' I was initially expecting and looking forward to. I gave it a 4 out of a possible 5 because the brush that comes with it (although cute) is NOT enough to achieve a flawless look. I would definitely look into other application options for this product, you will be much happier in the long run. The packaging and the shaver is fantastic, and look forward to using this product for a long time.

**UPDATE**

SO SAD. Couldn't believe it, but this foundation started to make my pores look huge and made my skin so incredibly dry and itchy, that I had to force myself to take it back. I never return products. But because this product was so expensive and I was developing a reaction to it, I had to say goodbye. If your skin is not sensitive, give it a try because it is truly a beautiful product to work with!!! I promise you it will be worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by LucyFord14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just finished a trial size of the Smashbox concealer, liquid foundation, and this hydrating powder. I've noticed alot of reviews saying that this made them oily and/or did not have enough coverage. Now, I find this to be purely a finishing powder for the liquid foundation; not to be used on its own. And this is a HYDRATING powder, so if oiliness is a problem, this is not the right powder for you.

My opinion on this product is based on my combination, un-smooth skin. After primer, concealer and liquid foundation, I buff this powder into my skin and the results are amazing. Fakes a poreless, glowing, perfect skin. The shaver is genius. Fresh powder every time, very economical, very clean. I am truly addicted.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I am admittedly not a chemist. However, it seems to me that powder is the opposite of hydrating, so I was wondering how this could be hydrating. Well, it isn't. It also isn't a particular effective powder. I'm glad I only have a sample.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by puggy1234

I am trying to manage my rosacea by seeing a demotologist, using prescription meds and not aggrevating it. This has been a lovely addition. Although the powder is EVRY pricey, I will likely buy it again as it does not aggrevate my skin and it does calm down the redness.