Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.6

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/17/2012 10:01:00 PM

I really love this as a finishing powder. It makes my face look so smooth. I almost never go without wearing it. It's pretty expensive but definitely worth it IMO. The packaging is neat.

on 10/14/2012 12:42:00 PM

When I first bought this I was so incredibly angry with myself, I looked cakey and pale, and I had spent $60 to look that way! Since I spent so much money I was determined to try it for a few days before I returned it, and boy am I glad that I did. I am super pale with moderate acne...so that translates to red as well, and I noticed the second morning after using this that my skin felt unusually smooth and was even toned instead of its usual pink tinge. This is the only new thing I used, so I was amazed that this powder that looked so awful on me was living up to its supposed positive skin effects. Needless to say, I was determined to find a way to make it look good. Instead of using a big powder brush, I used a compact buki instead and buffed it in.... beautiful luminous skin!
I am now so pleased with my purchase I plan to buy again and again and again.

on 9/24/2012 2:04:00 PM

I've had this product sitting around for a while now. when i first bought it it was just one of those 'eh..i guess i like it' things. it's nice for setting a foundation but i bought it because i wanted something quicker and easier than liquid. i have combo/dry skin so the 'hydrating' claim drew me in. sadly, this does not offer even the slightest bit of hydration. if anything, it accentuates dryness in my skin. it also offers very little coverage hence why it's been sitting around for a while. however, i've found that if i dampen my brush using my bare minerals it offers a smoother and heavier coverage. i recently ran out and haven't had time to get more. then i stumbled upon this again. i used it with a damp sephora mineral powder brush and voila! the halo effect that it claimed to give was now in effect! it also lasted over 8hrs on my skin which is something a lot of foundations can't do for me. now i wouldn't say that once i run out of this i'll be jetting out to get more but for the time being it is a nice replacement for my bare minerals.

edit: after using this for a week my skin became way too dry to the point where any foundation looked terrible. shame because this did have a beautiful finish.

on 9/24/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Packaging is great and the fresh milled grinder is a step up from powder foundations... But that doesn't matter cause the product itself kinda sucks. It's chalky looking on and drying. Even when I moisturizer and put a little concealer under my eyes, then buffed this stuff on with the brush it came with, It made my skin look older and pasty. Not an attractive look by any means. I purchased this in hope to find a better love than my long term six year relationship with bare minerals foundation. Didn't stand a chance. Honestly, when I think of this product... The only word that comes to mind is chalky... Just a chalky dry pasty look. I'm not one today don't try something, cause I've have tried EVERYTHING... But I really don't think you should waste your money on this one. It's too pricey to deliver such crap results.

on 9/15/2012 12:45:00 PM

I am on my second of this product, the minute I started running out I had to buy more. It does everything it claims, it's a great finishing powder although I use it alone (no foundation) and it works great for alone use as well.

I really really love the fresh grind feature, the only thing I would change is the little brush has to be kept separate and if I want to take it anywhere it's annoying to figure out what to do with it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Lasts all day over my makeup, doesn't settle into fine lines as much as most other powders do and looks natural. I prefer a happy medium between dewy and matte and Smashbox Halo definately fits the bill. I've noticed that the finish is nice no matter what type of foundation I have on underneath, expensive but I would definately repurchase!

on 9/2/2012 4:33:00 PM

Bought this powder to use as a foundation as had been using Clinique Superbalance powder but it brought me out in spots. Personally its no good as a foundation on its own, perhaps best as just a powder over liquid foundation.

Colour selection good, didn't break me out, no talc and no parabens but sadly it didnt control the oil and didnt stay put for long enough.

on 8/18/2012 1:46:00 PM

yuck, i fell for this while waiting to get another product. the color is off, it doesn't even me out and there is no halo effect. back to nordstrom you go...

on 8/4/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't really like this powder - I feel that it looks too thick and artificial. I also don't really like loose powders - they're just too messy to work with, and harder to control the application.

on 7/24/2012 12:18:00 PM

I have had a bit of a love hate relarionship with this product ! The colour selection isn't upto much and I don't think the shade I have really compliments my skin tone. I have is product in the colour 'light'. I find that sometimes the powder is too thick and hard to work with. I think it's far too pricey and doesn't really live upto much. I have loved every product I have ever had from smash box and this was a bit off a dissapointment !! I have never broke out whilst using this powder and found it left my skin looking flawless in the winter time. I found my self having to touch this product up a lot during the day and as I am currently in college it was annoying having to spend most of y breaks touching up powder! I absolutely love the packaging on this product ! I love the fact that you can shave off as much or as little product and I find it helps keep the product sanity as you aren't sipping dirty brushes into all the time. I would reccomend this product to some one who's maybe on a Higher budget. I can rem ener paying around 45 for this but I just researched a little and found you can now get it for around 30 ! If you are unsure on this product you can a,ways ask one of the lovely ladies at the smash box counters for a sample :)!

Top Rated Smashbox Products