November 28, 2014 | 1847 users online

Sunscreen - Chanel - UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by poppydoll

Wonderful sunscreen! I don't have any HG products but I would say this one definitely comes close.

Pros:
- Melts into my skin and feels like silk.
- Does NOT make me super oily/greasy like other SSs I've tried and has even held up in very hot/humid weather conditions.
- My BB cream and TMs apply smoothly over top of it
- SPF50 yay
- No breakouts
- Fragrance is pleasant
- Packaging is simple, convenient, and practical.

Cons:
- $$$$ for the small amount
- A friend of mine has used this a few times when we're gettng ready together and she has said that she does need to do a bit more rubbing when getting the product to blend in. I'm quite pale so it's never crossed my mind but with her being tan, it might be something for other girls to look out for.

My search for a sunscreen is stopping here. It is a lot of money but since it works so well with my skin, I'll continue to repurchase!

For background I've used sunscreens from Neutrogena, Olay, Laneige, Lancome, and none of them come close.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by petrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Finally bought a bottle after trying out the samples few times.Wasn't convince earlier cos found it a bit thinner and drier compared to those I've used before like Christian Dior,Clarins and lancome. But couldn't resist to be convinced with good reviews I read here.Well,after trying out on the 3rd sample,I love it especially it makes my RMK foundation looksand stay good with the help of my fav chanel whitening rosee make up base!

I'll bring this over to my coming 1mth NZ holiday vacation this time,but since is winter I also bought Shiseido creme SPF 50 just incase Chanel is too dry in the winter time.Will bring along my left over CD sunscreen too and leave my Clarins SPF 40 behind since gonna be more exposed and outdoorsy this time!

Really hope Chanel protects me this time from sun spots and pigmentation (uva) after the bad experience I had with Lancome and Clarins sunscreen in the States last year!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thats a hell of a lot of money to pay to get blocked pores. On my cheeks. Where I never get them. It stung my eyes too.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this review is for the multi-protection daily UV care, SPF 50 by Chanel.
it's exact same packaging as Vital Lumiere Aqua but in white. i use this on my face as my daily UV protection and as a makeup base. it wears nicely under makeup, has velvety smooth texture, tiny amount covers the entire face - so easy to spread. if i'll be in the sun all day, i make sure i put on 2 layers of this. one thin layer first and then another layer after couple min. it's quite pricey but feels luxurious...just like the La Mer spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

HG of my suncreen! I really hope that they can come in a bigger bottle like 50ml or above. I like the powdery feel yet moisturizing enough and quick absorption. I can almost apply my makeup just right after this. It gives that matte and smooth feel onto my skin. Lightweight, high SPF protection, great base for makeup, etc. Just like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

Love this sunscreen! Clarins UV Plus used to be my HG (it's still great) but CHANEL's sunscreen is now my ultimate HG. CHANEL's is so light, so smooth, so silky and dries to a lovely matte finish. There is a slight white cast that you will get with any physical sunscreen but it's not nearly as bad as other sunscreens that I've tried. This could be a little drying if you have dry skin. With that said, if you have oily skin, this will be fantastic for you. I actually really like the scent, it doesn't bother me at all. The price is high for such a tiny container but I love it and I will keep repurchasing this product, unfortunately for my bank account. I posted a short video clip on YT that shows the light consistency of this product. Feel free to search for it.
*update* After using another scent-free sunscreen for a couple of months, when I turned back to this a few days ago, I found the fragrance too strong. This is coming from someone who is not really sensitive to scents. Also, I've noticed that when I wear this under a tinted moisturizer, I'm more oily throughout the day than when I use my new favorite sunscreen Dr. Denese SPF 30 Defense Day Cream. I've changed my rating from a 5 to a 4.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly good sunscreen. It's light and doesn't make your skin too oily. However, I find it very very pricy and the scent too strong (gives me a headache).

I still like Shisiedo more. Shisiedo gives a better finish (less oily) and the scent (if there is any) is very very light.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by sunkissedbeach

Best sunscreen so far for me. It has zinc oxide and leaves a white cast so you have to keep rubbing it in until the white streaks are gone. When I'm tan this is really quite a challenge. Zinc oxide is a physical UV filter in stead of Avobenzone which is a chemical one. Which means it's non-irritating and good for skin that's prone to acne. And I guess that's true because this hasn't made my skin red or bumpy, like most sunscreens do. In fact, I think my skin has calmed down since I've been using this. It's very drying, but that's a good thing in warm weather because it doesn't melt off your face as easily as some more moisturizing sunscreens do.
Having said that, I still use a moisturizer over this (or sometimes I re-apply this when my skin feels a little dry while the weather is still humid).
I don't really care about the anti-pollution aspect, but I guess it can't hurt.
The price is insane, 40 for 30ml! But yeah I'll keep buying this once a year when it's summer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by erica420

My favorite sun screen! It has anti-pollution ingredients which is great for a city grl like me! It does get a little bit oily, but not as much as other sunscreens I have tried (expected due to its high SPF).
MY HG sunscreen! The only negatives is that it's scented. I don't see the point of having fragrance in face products unless it smells really horrendous.
I have used SEVERAL different kinds of sunscreens (Lancome, Clarins, Missha, Neutrogena, other Chanel sunscreens). Clarins and this one are my favorites. I'm on the edge between Clarins and Chanel. I think they're pretty similar, but I use this one b/c they market it as anti-pollution and it has a higher SPF

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

A nice lightweight sunscreen, similar to many Asian sunscreens available. I find it a bit shiny on my skin compared to Sofina or Shiseido, possibly due to the sunflower seed extract. I have very oily skin though. I have some breakouts and clogged pores around my cheek area after a few days use but will see if it's due to other factors. Will provide an update later this month.

UPDATE 08.2011:
I have acne prone skin and I've started using BP so I don't get much breakouts anymore. It still makes me look shiner than other primers but I do like the fragrance and the high SPF. It feels less drying/mattifying than Sofina so I will keep this for winter-use.