November 27, 2014 | 1593 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product did what it claims to do. If you have super dark or bright red cheeks, this TONES it down, it doesnt take all the red away. I have slightly reddish cheeks now as I have gotten older and this made enough of a difference in the overall look of my skin after foundation application that I am happy with the purchase. The key to using this product successfully is cleansing and moisturizing really well before application, otherwise if you dont blend this in well, it can make you feel/look green. Once you get the concept of good moisturization, this works great. Price is high for a product that like this though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by normalgirlnyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's green and supposedly mild enough not to cause any reactions to sensitive skin -- in theory. In real life, it doesn't make any noticeable difference in the red areas but tints the fairer areas kind of green. The consistency is way too thick and it feels like putting paste/plaster on my skin. only gave it a 2 instead of a 1 because it hasn't made the redness worse, but definitely won't be purchasing this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This made my skin VERY irritated, red, and itchy, which is what I thought this would help prevent. It took forever to blend the green color into my fair skin and I prefer a SPF of at least 30. I will not be using this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by samanthadenise23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, I have alot of redness, not roscea I believe it may have something to do with my eczema, I've been using this for about a year and will keep on using it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very pale, NC15 or N3 and no matter how I blended this green lotion would not disappear. It didn't even lessen the redness in my cheeks and it felt very greasy/heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by secretchimp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have red patches on my cheeks which are not rosacea, I've just had them my whole life. I've been using the base along with the powder for about a month, and have had very good results. No irritation on my sensitive skin. I do not use other make up over it, just the base and powder and they neutralize the redness and blend into my skin well. These are not miracle products, but they work well at evening out my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by prettykatemachine

Try this if you have sensitive skin and aren't planning on slathering any makeup on top of it. It certainly eliminates redness but as a primer, it's terrible. when I put concealer and mineral foundation over it, it "pilled." Totally awful.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They've got to be kidding if they think that tinting a little zinc oxide green counts as a rosacea treatment or a "protective base." The green is awful, doesn't neutralize my red cheeks, and the zinc oxide makes me pale instead of healthy. Plus it has the sticky texture of glue once on. And spf 15 is not sufficient for anyone prone to rosacea. Just the worst product imaginable.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yuck. This stuff was greasy and made my skin feel gross. Not a good primer at all. Didn't do anything it claims.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by footballqueen07

This product is alright. I use it as a night cream because it is so thick (and I have very oily skin)... it calms my redness for a short while, but I haven't seen long term improvements. It does "cool down" the skin which is a nice feeling before bed. Hopefully other people have had more luck with this !! It's nice, but too expensive.. so I wouldn't purchase again.