April 19, 2014 | 1717 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by terryanne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because my long thick hair has been thinning and scalp has been flaky. The first time I used it, my scalp was tingling clean for the first time in ages. This alone was worth it.
But there are three things about this I do not like:
a) the smell after maybe one day (I wash hair every other day) was something akin to rotten eggs, a sulfur smell,
b) the tingling feeling stopped, and
c) it did not seem to do anything to stop hair fallout.
I have come to the inevitable (duhhhh) conclusion that at my age (50's) hair fallout is par for the course and I am very lucky to still have a mop, thinner, but a mop.
After reading the other reviews, I think I will put this on the shelf and use once every couple months for that tingling high again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Meblissa

I was in a car accident a couple months ago. I had to have 480 stitches starting above my eye and reaching back into my scalp. I bought Nioxin to help my hair grow back. I don't think any will grow back in some of the badly scarred areas, but where the dr. just cut the hair to get better access to sew me up, my hair is growing like weeds! But, today my stylist told me to stop using it because your hair gets "addicted," and will fall out when you switch to another product. I've read some of the negative reviews and this seems to fit in some cases. I saw a couple reviews that claim that Nioxin just works for them and they will never stop using it because their hair falls out when they use other products. I wonder if this is because their hair is "addicted" to Nioxin or if their thinning hair just benifits from this product. If that's the case, I could still use Nioxin. I've never had a problem with thinning hair. I have thick, healthy hair down to my butt. I just want to help regrow the hair I lost in my accident. Suggestions?

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by haileysheets

I feel sad giving this a poor rating because others have had such a positive experience with it. My problem is that this dried my hair out horribly!!! It turned the ends of my hair to straw. The only thing I liked about it was the smell. If I had not thrown out my receipt, I would return this along with the shampoo (see my separate review on that).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kris_brim

I began using this on the advice of a friend when I noticed that my hair was looking freakishly thin. For the first couple of months it definitely made my hair look and feel thicker. I also noticed a bit less strands falling out in the shower. After 4 months or so though, my hair stopped feeling thick and it started falling out again. I'm not sure what happened. I think it is a good product though; it does do what it says it will, which is make hair LOOK denser (although that doesn't neccesarily mean it IS denser). I thought the scent was awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Dawnmarie2009

Very good product! I have fine/wavy hair that is prone to dryness. I have noticed that my hair is much healthier since i've been using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fine long hair and I hate to see a lot of suicides in the shower or my brush filling up. I use this like a cream rinse, it is very light. Makes my scalp feel healthier. I bought this for my dad but he never used it, so I might as well enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by imluckyly

This conditioner is great if you have thinning hair. I love using it when i have a hard time getting up, and feeling a little sluggish. The Scalp Therapy really gives your scalp a boost of energy and refreshment. It feels so good that it wakes you up from your morning sleep!! The only thing about this conditioner is it doesnt' make your hair soft, but it makes it clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this conditioner, I have been using this off and on for the past 4 years. when I had my first two kids my hair shed like crazy, so bad that I had spots around my hairline that looked like it was receding, it freaked me out!!! My hair eventually came back and then I got pregnant with our 3rd baby. My stylist had a 1 year old and I asked her if she had lost a bunch of hair after having him and she said "no, I used Nioxin the whole time". I decided to faithfully use my Nioxin my entire pregnancy and after. I am happy to report that I never lost any hair, my hair is still very thick (my baby is 9 months old now). I will never stop using this. It never weighs my hair down and rinses completely clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

This is just the basic conditioner that have menthdol that will cause some tinging in the scalp but never put this on the scalp, even though it state that this could...don't try anything that is on the label..i tried and end up with oily scalp. Hate this to the core! Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

DH loves this. Some time ago, when he was sure stress was causing his hair to fall out, we began to notice more and more hair on the pillow by morning. A woman at my salon happened to be a representative for Nioxin, and I took a bottle of the shampoo and scalp therapy home. My husband has not used another shampoo and conditioner since. He loves the minty scent (not too girly, he says) and the combination of the products actually works. Recently his hairdresser commented on how thick his hair felt. Good stuff!