December 18, 2014 | 1734 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by kikibaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Love the concept of customizing the color to match up with your skin tone. yet I think i brought the wrong color cos regardless of how I shift the color dial It didn't match with my skin tone. It only had two containers of colors to mix from, so whether to have more of either color. I felt it was a waste of money because there will always be one color used up more than the other and then you would eventually need to buy a new one with the old one not used to its potential. If you know what I mean.

Also the formula wasn't that great either. The only thing which attracted me to this product was the custom creation part and that didn't please me at all. The foundation made my skin very oily and I have normal skin, during the summer it was worst. I felt like with the amount I used I would have gotten a better finish with Colorstay than with this custom creation. Not only did I used more. IT gave me Less coverage than Colorstay. It left the skin more oily and harder to manage.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lanal337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually the first foundation I used because my friends wanted me to test it out for them. I purchased the Medium 40. At first, I thought it was an interesting concept to be able to customize, but later realized I always kept the shade at a 4. This foundation gave me really great coverage, but you really have to set it in with a powder, otherwise it would just make your face look cakey. The weird thing I noticed after further use is that some days my face would look really light, and other days it this would make my face look a little orange. I guess the mixing of the products in the two chambers did not come out the same shade every time. I am just going to try Revlon's regular Colorstay Liquid Foundation instead since there's so many positive reviews on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by leeni03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Custom Creations Foundation seemed like a great idea to customize your own shade until I tired it myself. It dried out my skin , gave a cakey look and I started breaking out.
I also didn't use all of the 4 shades so...in a way it's not my money's worth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ClarityRose

Hm, well, it is an innovative concept, indeed. Basically, it's two chambers with two different foundation colors, and as you turn the notch, you can customize your colors. There are a few caveats with this type of product, though. The first one is the pump--by sheer virtue of its design, the pump mechanism ALWAYS hold the old foundation color, so when you switch to a new one, you have to pump the old stuff out before you can reach the new color. Wasteful? You betcha. Moreover, since the chambers contain to different product colors, if you are a bit "off center" in their color spectrum, you'll use one side faster than the other resulting in...more wasted product. Oh, and if you don't go tanning or your skin color doesn't change much? Also a big no-no. Foundations have an expiration date, so your would either be germy or one side would be barren by the time you got to it.

The product itself offers decent coverage and goes on smooth. Like a lot of revlon's products, it does have a rather orang-y tinge, but it's not nearly as bad as some of their other stuff. The staying power is not so great, but it doesn't fry out skin, so, eh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WHY didn't I try this sooner?! I am super picky about foundations matching, and being someone that goes tanning year round (but less in winter), my skintone tends to vary slightly. I am about an NC37 with very golden undertones, and most foundations are too pink or beige, but Custom Creations in Medium/Deep has perfect golden undertones (a rare find in drugstore foundations). Right now level 3 is a perfect match, which is great cuz I won't be wasting any of the product. If I happen to get paler or slightly tanner, I will always have an exact color match, which is key to having natural looking foundation. In addition to the wonderful shades, the foundation itself is excellent. I would buy it for the formula alone. Silky, blendable, natural matte, medium coverage. Perfect for my combo oily skin! Could this be my new HG?!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sherrymirshahi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first drug store foundation I have purchased..and I was impressed! I have an olive complexion with yellow undertone. The other foundations didn't seem like they could perfectly match my skin AND avoid making me look like I am wearing a mask. This one blends perfectly into my skin and makes it look flawless. I applied face lotion first (Neutrogena FACE SPF 90), and followed it with Ulta primer. I used a sponge to apply the foundation (I turn the dial to #3). The great thing about this foundation is that as winter comes and you become naturally a little more pale, you can adjust. Once summer comes, you can make the foundation darker again. You save more money this way and you get it all in one product. I also have very oily skin and this felt weightless and comes in a nice matte finish. Looks very natural!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Gialluna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The idea of a customizeable foundation is intriguing. I originally purchased this product because I like to use slightly different colors of foundation for contouring on my face. I purchased the 010 fair/light product. I am between the 1 and 2 color so I found it fun to be able to customize the color to my specifications. Initially, when only put on my hand, I didn't see a noticeable difference between the colors. However, when doing my swatches, there was indeed a difference. Unfortunately, you have to waste a pump in order to switch to the next color to clear the dispenser (which was done for the swatch photo - see above) The formula is thinner than I would like and not at all good for contouring due to this fact. In order to achieve full coverage, you must apply it with a quality foundation brush. When applied with only my fingers, I found it to be uneven and give minimal coverage. Also, this isn't a product that can be applied without the use of a primer and finishing powder. Otherwise, it looks dull and doesn't last. The packaging is more functional rather than luxurious and screams "drug-store" unlike some of Revlon's other products. I wouldn't hesitate to use this for my day makeup since I've already purchased it, but would select something else for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jetaime1

Wellll, i didn't intentionally purchase this.... i sent my mother to buy the beyond natural TM but she came home with this for some reason. Its not great, but it's not bad i guess. i find it doesn't give that much coverage at all and i dont even have anything to cover... i think i'll try something else next time.

but at one point this summer i was playing with it and i wanted to see the difference between all the shades so i swatched each one. and lo and behold i didn't see a difference between the shades. well the first and last had a slightly different tinge but that was it. i wondered if it was because of the pump mechanism that the old color is still within the pump and continues to come out when you think you're getting the other color... if that makes any sense at all!

anywho.... all in all, just an average product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a typical drugstore foundation.
This foundation was okay. I can get color-match myself to my skin tone, which can vary if I get a tan in the summer. With flawless application you look like you have nice skin, but the coverage is sub par. Also, it doesn't have lasting power - after a few hours it fades. I wore a very reliable primer before I applied the foundation and the foundation still didn't stay on for long!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lex16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

very average. colour matched fine, and i like how i could choose to make the shade darker or lighter depending on whether i was using fake tan etc. but the actual foundation made my skin look slightly dull and flat, and felt slightly drying. shame