September 18, 2014 | 1409 users online

Powder - Chanel - Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by mimie

Best product!Really worth it! Expensive but divine!! Feels like having nothing on your face but the skin glows!!!Chanel is the good fairy of the make up and at least made my wish come true: flawless skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is proof that you do get what you pay for. Thanks once again to fellow MUAers for your recommendation, as I normally wouldn't have splashed this amount of money ($85AUD) on a powder. I love this powder, like my UPDD it's permanently in my handbag to take with me in case, oh, the world ends and I still want to look polished wherever it is I end up. For reference: colour Sable, on my fair to medium yellow toned Eurasian skin which tans easily, brown eyes and black hair. Did I say I love this product???

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JTT

It's the gold standard in powder for me. I rarely buy it because it's so expensive, but you do get what you pay for. It also lasts quite a while.

It goes on smooth and unlike other powders that pick up dry patches of skin, this powder actually smooths it over. I have a combination skin that's very oily, sensitive, but my cheeks and chin are prone to dryness. I have tried a few other Chanel products, but their powder is probably the hallmark for me.

This is very finely milled and has a smoothing component to it. My friends, who have all used it, swear by it. It's twice as expensive as MAC but works twice or thrice as good. As long as you buy it at a store (and not ebay) and get a good match, you won't be disappointed. It provides medium coverage, is somewhat buildable, but you never look like you are wearing too much makeup. I never needed makeup primer or go over my problem areas more than once. I noticed a difference immediately, which is what I expect for luxury goods.

It transfers a bit, but it doesn't oxidize, it doesn't break-down and look cheap at the end of the day when my T-zone gets oily. Touch ups also don't require blending.

I tend to buy it in Duty-Free when I travel overseas but the exchange rate just hasn't been favorable in the past few years.

I feel guilty for not springing $50 for this powder as I type this now because a smooth complexion is the most important part of make-up... When I look at my friends make-up, I can always tell the quality of their products... Generally, I can tell who buys Chanel powder (or Lancome powder). It's really the best for people who have okay skin - generally clear but with blemishes or minor flaws. It's not as natural looking as other types, but it looks universally good: it doesn't look unnatural, but it never looks cakey or powdery or like you are wearing a mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wonder what took me so long to try this fabulous foundation. I have been using La Prairie powder foundation but I wanted to try something else also (mainly because I run out too fast with La Prairie and there are no refills available). The lighter colors I could find here were 30 Aurore, 40 Sable and 50 Poudre. They look almost the same, whereas Aurore is more pink, Sable is more yellow and Poudre is neutral. I got Poudre. The color is nice on me, although I would prefer a lighter shade. I used a kabuki to apply it in the morning and it went on so smoothly, just like cream (actually the formula is more creamy than powdery). I applied it over a thin layer of YSL Perfect Touch liquid and they worked really well together. It didn't have that powdery finish I get with La Prairie, immediately upon application it looked very natural, yet the coverage was pretty good. It was also long lasting and the color stayed true without oxidizing. But the best thing was that, as day went on, it didn't cross that fine line between dewy and shiny... I mean that, even though I re-applied (using the sponge and it was not a mess!), I could see that I didn't need to. I felt my skin a little bit oily/shiny, but when I looked in the mirror, it was not! It looked dewy and healthy. I don't know if I will run out quickly with this one like I do with La Prairie, but considering that there are refills, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jemmybeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really in love with this foundation! After using the Teint Innocence compact for almost a year, I decided to try something else as I realized it wasn't suitable for my slightly oily skin. Seeing as Teint didn't break me out, I wanted to be safe and try another foundation from Chanel - boy am I glad I gave Mat Lumiere a try! The packaging is gorgeously sleek/black and like others have mentioned, there is a separate small vent to place your sponge and let it breathe. The mirror is also big as heck so you can see practically everything. It costs CDN $70ish after tax but refills are available.

To start, I'm Asian with a slight yellow undertone. I bought Mat in the lightest shade, 10 Lumiere, and it fit the bill just fine. While the dry application provides light coverage, the wet application gives a medium one. If necessary, apply concealer under this foundation and voila!, an impeccable complexion. I use this foundation dry and the finish is matte but not in the excessively powdery sense: it imparts a non-oily appearance that isn't overly made up. Mat Lumiere is very light/natural looking and lets your skin breathe (no breakouts!). It doesn't control oil the whole day so you may have to eventually blot, but it's convenient for touchups. What I love about this foundation is that your complexion's own sheen and dewiness surfaces within a couple of hours - without looking like a grease pit - yet it holds all day long!! Although I don't use any primers underneath, the foundation doesn't oxidize in the least.

Not a single flaw has occurred to me as of yet, except maybe girls who require additional coverage will find the foundation insufficient. I have discovered however, that there is in fact the very same foundation but with even more coverage + spf 20 in Asia! Apparently, that one is a completely matte finish, superior in coverage, and is fabulous in controlling extreme oil. If you search for Mat Lumiere Extreme on MUA you'll see it. Don't miss out on these foundations, they're truly amazing! Remember to get the correct shade though =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Using it more as a touch up powder than as a foundation. I am using Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Rich Vanilla, and use this in No 50 to touch up the oilier spots, i.e the T zone. Soaks up the oil really well, leaving a matte finish. Not 'glowy' so if that is the effect that you are after, this is not the product for you. Don't put too much, it'll end up kind of cakey looking. Do make sure you get the correct shade for you, as because of the texture and nature of this powder, it'll definitely show if it is a wrong choice. Definitely not 'a one shade fits most' powder here. Casing is classy like all Chanel casings are, but kind of heavy and big. Bought the refill to put in my handbag, (I always have a small compact mirror in there), and presto! Less weight to lug around!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by fleurloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this after viewing the highly raved reviews on MUA, and my mom's recommendation. Despite the slightly heftier price, this product lives up to its promises and delivers - good investment for a powder foundation.

i have skin which greases up and a couple of noticeable pores,but this foundation does a fantastic job in controlling sebum production and refining my skin texture.

i didn't want to be swayed due to the price and the brand, thus i tried the foundation under my The Face Shop Su Hyang Moisturizer (0 oil control) and RoC Minesol 30 (claims to control oil, but minimal to me), BUT my skin showed only slight hints of shine (which as many reviewers have previously commented) made my face glow, without oxidation or change in colour after a whole day of shopping. as compared to the other foundations i have been using, even with the addition of an oil control primer, it would have greased up disgustingly and/or oxidised.

in addition, the packaging is a total rave. Beautiful in appearance, with the sleek black gloss exterior and classic chanel logo. the compact is easy to open and operate, with hygienic separate columns for powder cake and sponge. what i really love is the luxurious big mirror provided within the compact. most importantly, it's lightweight and slim in size for portability.

as i do photoshoots, some foundations make me pasty/ exerceberate shine on my skin in photos. but this evens out my skintone beautifully, creating this natural, flawless photo-perfect complexion without the need of additional primers/ makeup.

p.s: i am still bewildered why the SA got me this in shade 45 Beige Natural when i'm very fair, with yellow-neutral undertones. it looks much darker and yellower upon first application, but after blending, it works into your skin naturally, with a soft, delectable glow.

p.p.s : there's talc and silicon extracts, so ladies with sensitive skin have to be ultra careful.

so, i'm sold! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

All I can about this product is that it's a good pressed powder. May need one touch up by midday but powder lasts many the whole day. I'm Nc30 yellow skin, and Secret 06 matches well. Very good at controlling oil, not sure if it was contributing to my clogged pores as i just found the real culprit (Shiseido ultimate sun protection), so now i'm just using chanel over my new sunscreen, will be back to tell u all that later. But so far so good, no problem with new pimples popping up yet. Coverage is medium to heavy - is buildable. Consistency is nice, goes on smoothly like your real skin, doesnt oxidize, powder can last you about 3-4months. I took off one lippie because I still want to see try out other pressed powder like Clarins and their colour match, and whether this is clogging my pores or not.

EDIT (4months later): It did clog my pores mildly. But i absolutely LOVED the colour match so i bought the refill and use it for special occasion only. I'm gonna stop using foundation for a while :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by izi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. I have oily skin and this does not break me out at all. However my nose does get a little shiny at the end of the day. My shade is Aurore, (a tad too light) but the closest match i have ever found. And the packaging is so sleek and sassy, i love pulling this out my handbag. Also lasts a long time, i use it nearly everyday and i need to replace it just once a year, so it is well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by stellababyy

since my mom raves about chanel, i decided to try their powders. when i saw the price tag, my god, i couldnt see why pressed powder would cost 63$ CAD. but when the SA tried it on me, it looked amazing and she was like "oh my god, this really works for you!" and thank god, my mum bought this for me because being 15, and not working, i don't know if i'd be willing to spend that much on pressed powder. but i love it. it gives amazing coverage and controls oil so well, and just makes my skin glow. this is my HG powder <3.