April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by casamia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush. I always use it for my pigmented blushes and get beautiful results. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this brush it blends out well, and I use it frequently. Do you absolutely need this brush? Probably not. It's nice to have I use it to diffuse my blush when I go overboard with the blush. It works well with expensive and cheap blushes. I got mine for a little cheaper off eBay-just slightly cheaper- so I still paid a pretty penny for this-nice brush glad I have it but you can live without this brush. LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kloud04

I have worn Laguna for years. I bought the Nars Bronzer brush and it just didn't work well for me although I like it for albatross application. This brush is awesome for applying just the right amount of bronzer. It surpasses any other brush i have ever used. It leaves your skin looking airbrushed. I only wear tinted moisturizer set with powder so I have found that sometimes my bronzer can leave me blotchy if applied to heavily, not with this. It doesn't blend it to harshly into the skin. I haven't tried it with blush yet b/c I have converted to cream blush. Overall this is a wonderful brush and I was really skeptical b/c it looks so strange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I finally got my hands on this brush!
Amazing brush for blush, contouring and setting concealer.
This brush can do some pretty precise contouring. I never have a problem with this brush shredding or bleeding, the only problem I have with this brush is the initial smell. When I get my brushes out of its original packaging I have a habit of sniffing it first (WIERD, I KNOW!), boy this one smelt like dirty animal hair.
I remember not touching it for several weeks because of the smell, but eventually one day the smell did go away.
I'm generally quiet happy with this brush, I find the bristles soft and gentle, I wish it could be a little more dense, the design is unique.
This was the most expensive brush in my whole collection, my brushes usually range from freebies to about $20AUD MAX.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm totally late to this party. I've been putting off getting this brush b/c of the price and I tried some NARS brushes previously (push and the bronzer) and I found they to be scratchy and just not worth the money. Then the flood gates opened when a MA used the ita brush on me (see my review) and my viewpoint on NARS brushes changed. The DH got this brush for me this past *almost* mother's day for me, even though he raised a brow at the $50.00 price tag...though I think the MA convinced him it was worth it b/c it's made from the chin hairs of a goat. NOT!! (Instead the DH jokingly offered to take me to a petting zoo.) Anyhow, this is a fantastic brush. It applies just the right amount of pigment and is the perfect shape for applying blush. I have had ZERO SHEDDING with this brush and I am very impressed with the quality. In fact I love this so much I even invested in a 2nd brush during the Beauty.com 20% off sale...esp since I'm so lazy about cleaning my brushes. So you gals who are debating and putting off getting this, GO GET THEE THIS BRUSH!!!! You won't regret it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Juliamoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've become addicted to blushes after the famous "O" by NARS. Since then I graduated to AC blushes by Tarte and they are my lovey-dovey forever. BUT I always struggled with aplication. I found my angled blush brush to be somewhat awkward and I always ended up with 2 uneven cheeks (too much pigment or not enough).Another thing is that I find as I have roundish face and my cheekbones are not too prominent it is hard for me to get the spot right - my blush would look good on one cheek but totally in the wrong place on another. I have Sephora platinum airbrushes for FD and like them so I tried them and no. I was looking for a dummy-proof brush that will make me look NATURAL. I stopped by NARS nd saw a MA holding it low nd behold I was buying it. Am I crazy? Might be I paid around $80 CAN for it: double my budget.
But what it does is short of amazing! The tecnicque is different with this one as I was shown by a MA. Instead holding it srtaight up (or perpendicular at 90 degree angle) on your skin, you just hold it parallel to it (like a toothbrush). It is like a windshiels wiper for your cheeks. It picks up much less product so you save on the blushes and due to it is shape it deposits the blush right on the cheekbones and nowhere else. But the best part is that it polishes the color and you get the flush on your cheeks (as if it is coming from under the skin) instead of streaky line of color that looks like you have a blush on. The only thing I need to be careful about is that as it glides on my skin with flat part of the brush instead of bristle tips touching my skin. I find that if I get caried away by polishing I might accentuate my boxscars on my cheeks as they are lower than the rest of my skin and get less color deposited but only if I overdo it with this brush. I also tried it for my Laguna bronzer and EL highlighter and I like it too. Very easy to use, very versatile and VERY EXPENSIVE.
I'll skip my coffee for a couple of months to save for another one if something happens to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by poezemoes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Superb brush !!!! Love, love, love !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't mind investing my money into brushes that I know will last and will provide me with great results. I own three of the Artisan brushes from Nars and I love them all, but the Yachiyo is my favourite for blush. Lovely to look at and functional.

It is perfect for applying just a light, subtle sweep of colour on the first go, and allows you to easily build up colour without looking fake. I think it is the perfect blusher brush and it is so beautiful to look at as well!

The only reason I have not given it 5/5 is because it is SO pricey and my brush smells funny after I have washed it. I think this might be because of the type of wood used in the handle though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by pel2iwinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this brush. I bought it when I was on a NARS obsession. But I rarely reach for it. It's so cutely crafted and artistic, but it's so small and seems flimsy that I'm afraid it'll break if I travel with it, and the handle is so short that it kinda disappears around my other brushes. It is quite pricey too. It applies blush well, but I think it's not worth the money. There are other brushes on the market that are sturdier and can apply blush just as well. Sorry, NARS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rough brush, but it's very fluffy. The end is tapered so you can get a more precise application. I this this brush really looks elegant in it's own way and it's wonderful to bring around in your purse so you can brag about it in parties, but it's to expensive. Wont buy again, but it is beautiful.