Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo

3.8

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium taurine cocoyl, methyltaurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, dipropylene glycol, cocamide mea, sorbitol, sodium chloride, hydroexyethyl urea, polyquaternium-7, camellia japonica seed oil, polyquaternium-61, dimethicone, citric acid, ceratonia siliqua hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, bis-isobutyl PEG-14/amodimethicone copolymer, disodium edta, sodium methyl lauroyl taurate, potassium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, butylene glycol, PCA ethyl cocoyl, arginate, phenoxethanol, sodium benzoate, fragrance, yellow 5, CI 15985.

on 3/28/2011 10:20:00 AM

After finishing my first bottle of the red tsubaki shampoo, I find that it didn't clean well, made my scalp really itchy and caused dandruff, maybe its too rich for my hair. So I decided to try the white tsubaki shampoo and fell in love. It cleans better, does not itch the scalp, hair feels wonderful to the touch, very soft indeed. After finishing the white bottle, for the sake of trying, I bought Asience Shining range and hated them. Am now back on da 2nd bottle of the white tsubaki shampoo and I compliment it by using the red tsubaki conditioner. I have yet to try their mask treatment. The red range smells nicer than the white range, but the white range tames and softens my hair damn good so I'd pass on the fragrance. Wish it had more volume to it though... 4 stars for the WHITE tsubaki shampoo!

on 3/14/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I always wanted to try this shampoo out, but I thought it's a little too expensive for shampoo/conditioner. However, recently, my hair is going really bad, it's probably because it's too long and I start to have split ends and everything. So, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out, maybe it is really that great.
The smell is great, I only lose a few hairs everytime I wash my hair (I used to loose quite a lot), and it's not as dry now.
It's certainly better than Pantene, Dove, and Herbal Essence.
The price is a little too expensive, but it's worth it.

on 3/10/2011 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am so in love with this line of shampoo & conditioner! I have NEVER been so in love with a shampoo before! I found out about this through accident. I purchased it at my local Japanese grocery store & I can't stop raving about it. The conditioner is phenomenal! The shampoo looks like white pearly lotion (which I was a bit "urgh!" when I first squeezed it out of the bottle), it lathers quickly & smells lovely. It cleanses without drying & the conditioner is sooo moisturising without being sticky & greasy~ You just need a small amount. My hair had been colored, permed and then colored numerous times which led to my hair feeling dry & brittle. I have decided to go back to my natural color & is the process of growing out my dry ends. This shampoo & conditioner is definitely helping with minimising split ends.
I will definitely re-purchase!

on 1/4/2011 8:06:00 PM

I was having falling hair problem when I use the garnier 3 minute mask, and the body shop banana shampoo does not help. So I bought the Tsuaki shampoo in white bottle. Hair falling is not a problem anymore. Even when I comb my wet hair there was no hair on the sink or on my comb. I highly recommend this shampoo for the people who has color and weak hair.

on 11/25/2010 3:39:00 AM

My friend gave me this shampoo and the matching conditioner as a going-away gift; I insisted I had haircare but she wanted something to remind me of her as I traipsed around in the Highlands of Scotland :) Alas, while these products made her hair look luxurious and shiny, they did not work for me. Specifically, the shampoo was too rich for oily hair. This isn't to say that I like shampoos that strip moisture completely, but I do like to use volumizing ones that will give my Asian American hair a bit of a boost at the roots. As a result, this shampoo left my hair oilier, greasy and lank -- not an attractive look in my opinion, although my Scottish partner did insist that I was still his "lovely lassie" (I know, I know, I flew 6,000 miles to see him, he's not about to tell me my hair looks like crap). I've passed this and the Tsubaki conditioner on to my mom, who has permed and very dry hair. Hopefully it will work better for her.

on 11/2/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have thick caucasian hair, but I knew this contained great ingredients for any type of hair so I had to try it. This cleansed really well, and smells great. I used it along with the conditioner and I think over time it really strengthened my hair. It almost felt thicker. As for volume I'm not sure, it sort of stayed the same, but for someone who needs thicker hair I would try it!

on 10/19/2010 4:35:00 AM

Okay so I am a faithful pantene user, but I decided to go ahead and spoil myself with a more expensive shampoo. Well just so you know I am filipino/chinese/white mixed and have very coarse straight thick hair, and usually pantene is the only thing that works in my hair but this product was amazing. I like pantene old formula better but they dont make it anymore so I think I am staying with this now. Its alot more expensive but it made my hair so soft and shiny and it felt clean and healthy.
It smells wornderful. Literally like a flower. I love the pump too. I think the shampoo is amazing and the conditioner is nothing too special but the shampoo alone made my hair silkier right after I rinsed it out.
Just for a bit more info! I think the price was very reasonable. everyone is saying they are buying it online for like $40+ and I only paid $31.54 for the large shampoo and conditioner with the treatment.

on 10/12/2010 6:28:00 AM

I love the smell of it. I feel that cleanses my hair and it leaves my hair really soft. Its the best shampoo i have tried so far. I still have a frizz problem but i guess i will have it with any shampoo i use. Overall its a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I found out about this product through a Japanese magazine article in which a famous Japanese idol used it. My interest was piqued but once I started hunting around for it I realised just how expensive it would be attaining it in New Zealand (NZ$35). The smell is amazing, I really enjoy washing my hair with this shampoo and I have noticed that over time my hair has progressively become softer and less frizzy! I have dyed blonde hair which is naturally curly/wavy so it tends to be more on the coarse and frizzy side. It's no miracle product but it makes for a nice shampoo. My only qualm with it is how expensive it is for an above average product.

on 9/18/2010 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My review is for the white Damage Care Shampoo. Iīve been using it for a while now and I just love love LOVE the smell of it. It leaves my hair soft and silky and itīs very easy to comb afterwards. However, this seems to have a very gentle formula, as I have an oily scalp, I need to wash my hair every 2nd day when using Tsubaki (with other Shampoos, itīs 2-3 days) but I donīt mind washing my hair more often, as this didnīt leave my hair dehydrated or brittle. Far from it: it left my hair shiny, soft and yummy odourous =)

Popular Shampoos