December 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I confess I mainly bought it because of the excellent colour match - which was surprising given their fairly limited range of colours.

I really like the texture of this - its a cream foundation that gives a powdery finish when applied. I wasn't expecting much from a cream foundation given I have fairly oily skin but to my surprised I stayed pretty oil-slick free and it lasted for the entire day (this was put on top of a good primer and set with a loose powder)

In terms of coverage it's light to medium and this is the best part of this product. It looks very natural which is great for everyday use. For me it barely felt like I was wearing any foundation, which is an effect I've only had from Chanel Vitalumiere (which didn't last anywhere near as long as this). I usually stick to powder foundations because of my oily T-zone but they've all felt wuite cakey.

The package is a bit odd. I like that they keep the sponge and the foundation in different sections but it was a bit wired to have a flip top for the former and a screw top for the latter. Still, I like the fact that the foundation is kept in a glass container.

The sponge is average but is a quick and easy way to apply. I think if you wanted heavier coverage you could use a foundation brush, or if you want lighter coverage, fingers a a great way of blending.

I definitely will buy again if I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I can use because every other foundation seems to break me out. It is a light to medium coverage and glides on very easily and smoothes the skin out. It doesn't feel like you are wearing any foundation and looks very natural.

I prefer to use this foundation with a stippling brush (I use MAC's). I might have to touch up during lunch time on my T-Zone but it pretty much lasts all day and even when it does wear off it doesn't look awful at all.

There are a few things about this foundation which I don't like, such as the colour is not the exact match for me and doesn't have a yellow undertone. I am a MAC nc35, I use the darkest shade which is called Bronze which is darker than my skin tone. However, if I use Golden I find this looks too washed out and isn't a very nice colour. The other not so good thing is that it lasts maybe 6 weeks then I am finding myself buy a new one.

But the good outweighs the bad and I rather have clear skin then break out in spots. I have combination skin which is sensitive and breaks out with the wrong products. I have yet to find a foundation which doesn't break me out. Laura Merciers powders don't but I dont like powders much. I wish MAC didn't break me out as the NC35 colour shade is perfect and I love the look of most of their foundations. I have also found Chanel foundations to break me out too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by ik18101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product from boots as it was 3 for 2. I noticed how little foundation there actually is! A tiny tiny amount! I have never bought foundation with such a tiny amlunt in it, especially as it was £12.99!! Very expensive. I have still yet to try it and will update ASAP after iv worn it to tell you wether its worth it or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have oily skin. In winter time it looks pretty good on me. Now I bought the second package of this product. It's definitely worth the price. And you have to learn how to work with this.

Before this I had the new Diorskin Nude Fluid foundation and Estee Lauder Maximum Cover foundation. Max Factor is the best for me. No breakouts, I need just a little bit to cover my face, totally recommend. I love it!

UPDATE: BEST FOUNDATION I EVER USED, no breakouts, my skin can breath and when I put my makeup off, my skin is looking very healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Tabithacate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of my favourites, it does not dry your skin out at all, blends perfectly and the shade is great not to pale and not orange.
I buy it all the time, but the only down side to it is, it goes pretty quickly I find myself buying a new one every payday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by amyblu77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love this foundation. I bought one in Golden and matched my skin color perfectly. Nice in pictures as well. Coverage? I would say light to medium as it didn't cover my blemishes. Would buy it again if it's on sale as it is expensive in Australia. It's around $AUD37, i'll add a bit more and I can get MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by ascatterheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the product and the packaging. It leaves a natural look, but has good coverage. Not a big fan of the glitter it had in it though. And you don't get a lot of product for the price.
However, if I would rate just the product's quality, I'd say 4/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by itsmekrisella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is the best foundation for me. I always use it as my foundation during special events. It is picture perfect I guarantee!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

I liked this product until it soon dried out my sensitive skin and brought my chin and cheeks out in tiny bumps. Definitely not suitable for dry or sensitive skin. Not overly cheap either so a total waste of money. I've since tried similar cream foundations (like maybelline dream creamy) and they must contain an ingredient in that causes irritation as these also bring my skin out in bumps, eurgh!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by SKWKLBF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is just awful. I bought it for 13 GBP and used it twice - (immediately removing it with make-up wipes after I'd seen the results).

The coverage is poor, it makes any dry skin go really flaky and I imagine on oily skin it will only stay for a very short time. It was uneven and stuck on to pores.

The packaging is stupid too, it's a compact with a nice compartment for the sponge which is great, but you have to twist the glass case with the foundation in out, which can get really messy.

Maybe it's just bad for my oily skin, but this product was just awful on me. Would not repurchase.