September 2, 2014 | 1098 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I've been wearing it as makeup primer over the last week (I still have my Bare Minerals Prime Time on hand and was ready to go back if I didn't like the results) and haven't seen any adverse affects. In fact, my makeup's look and wear time is unchanged. I might consider using this in place of my regular primer.
That either means it's as good as my regular stuff or that my regular stuff wasn't doing anything in the first place!
---
I was looking for a silicone mixing medium to give my Estee Lauder foundation a smoother, more buildable consistency; using my small bottle of primer would get expensive, so I threw the question to the board. Surprisingly, the first three people suggested Monistat! I thought we finally jumped the shark and I should go elsewhere for advice, but I thought about it and decided to give it a try since almost all of the ingredients are just 'cones. I was a little worried my sensitive skin would react badly when I mixed it into my foundation, but I've been wearing it for a full week without any breakouts, rashes or the like. I hoped it would work, but just because it's cheap I'm not cutting it any performance breaks. I was surprised. The gel does exactly what a primer does in terms of smoothing out foundation, although I'm not ready to give up my Prime Time as a makeup base. The results were impressive as it gave a slippery, silicone-y feel to my foundation and it layers extremely well now. I don't see any decrease/increase in wear time or more/less oil production. I like sheer coverage but Double Wear tends to look patchy when I attempt it without a primer/Monistat, whereas now I can achieve a thin, even veil. If your skin does well with silicone, this is actually a good option.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jackieshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use as my primer. Never gotten so many compliments on how wonderful I looked!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks after I received my order (Youtube made me buy it!)

It's been performing ok. I was previously using No7's Airbrush Away Primer which is better in comparison. To be fair, this product wasn't meant to be used as a face primer! My sister did apply this to an area that was chaffed and it helped her ALOT. So 5 lippies for a chafing relief gel, but 3 lippies as an overall primer.

I suppose if you're in the States, you can get this pretty cheap, but in Brunei it cost me around SGD $20 (excluding shipping!) - not too bad, but considering if I add a few more bucks, I could get a really good primer from one of the more establish brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by alanamary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, ok. Obviously ya'll got the memo--
this is a silicone based product .. just like a silicone primer.. so if you're in a pinch or short on cash, this makes a great sub!

I would NOT recommend it for those with very sensitive skin, or of course if you're sensitive to silicone or silica. . since, you know..that's a big component

ALSO just as a nice courtesy to my fellow ladies..if you tend to get chafing on the thigh put a litttttle bit of this on the inner thigh..and viola! Great for a night out, summers, short shorts, etc.. :) You're welcome..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Someone in Cafe suggested this as a primer, and I thought she was being snarky, but it's great! It reminds me a lot of Arbonne primer, and a little bit like Lancôme (although I don't think it mattifies as well as Lancôme).

This is a great primer for older women who want to fill in pores and wrinkles. I don't think it's the greatest for soaking up oil and making makeup last, but if all you want is to make foundation NOT settle into fine lines/wrinkles and pores TRY IT!

It's very inexpensive, and the tube is fine/functional.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by taoat

After hearing all the raves of how good this chafing gel works as a primer I did not hesitate to go purchase it at my local Walmart, especially for that price.
I wasn't particularly too amazed by it like most people claim on here though I did notice a slight difference. The gel comes on very smoothly and makes my skin feel silky. However for me the product does not seem to prolong the wear of my makeup. Throughout the day it's very noticeably that my makeup has worn off (evidently with my blush) and I start getting oily around my T-Zone. I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying I need another face primer that's right for me.

Here's a tip though! I'm not exactly sure if it's safe to apply on your lips (lol) but one day I decided to to put it on before applying my lipstick to see if it would prolong my lip color as well and lemme tell you, I have cracked, dry, chappy lips and this chafing gel made my lipstick glide on so smoothly and maintained the color so well! Try it out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Holy crapface. I was extremely skeptical when I read people were using this as a primer, but at $6 I figured I'd give it a shot. I already own Smashbox's HD Redness Reducing primer, and couldn't imagine it outperforming that. But I'm glad I did -- it's a stinking miracle worker. I found that it blends into my face well, and really distributes makeup well. Additionally, and probably most important, it hides my pores beneath my foundation and creates an even level for it to sit on.

Now get this -- I've found that this mattifies better than Smashbox's, by a large margin (trust my oily nose on this one). Monistat has become my number one go-to primer because in addition to hiding shine better, it also lasts longer on my oily spots than Smashbox does.

Bottom line: blends well, provides moderate-long staying power, cheap, mattifying. Now I wonder if I can convince them to make it in green...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

This did absolutely nothing to mattify my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Personally, I don't understand why people love this so much as a primer. I purchased this for under $6 at Walmart. My skin is both super sensitive and super oily. I read so many positive reviews both on here and on YouTube, that I decided it as worth a try.

Some people have mentioned a funky smell, but I didn't really notice that. This cream is super easy to apply, dries quickly to a nice, powdery finish. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy at all. You also get a decent amount in the tube. A little goes a really long way. A pea-sized amount is more than enough for my entire face.

But as far as oil control goes, it didn't do much of anything for me. My makeup still disappeared into oblivion around the 4 hour mark. I also feel it didn't really do much in terms of mattifying. Also, I think I'm allergic to something in it. Since I've started using it, I've noticed my face has been itching. I wasn't sure if it was this or a oil control moisturizer I recently started using. I didn't use the moisturizer today, and am itching again, so I know now it's this. I'm glad I gave this a try, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hebs76

I read about this product while researching primers. I did have to buy it off eBay as its not sold here in Australia but its wonderful! My makeup stays on all day with no t-zone shine and my face looks so airbrushed. No going back to the over priced actual primers now! I prefer it to Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer which is around $55-60 here, can't beat paying $10 (including postage) for this little wonder